Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,072 members, 7,849,353 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:22 PM

Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? (6199 Views)

Poll: I Prefer:

Ngige: 40% (66 votes)
Soludo: 30% (51 votes)
Obi: 29% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Obinoscopy(m): 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2009
Obi is closing in on Soludo on the polls but Ngige's lead is wide at the moment
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by marvix(m): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2009
Isn't that what we should be praying for? Credible candidates for the ruling party. Politics in Nigeria is dirty and if Good men continue to run away, things will only get worse. Soludo might have made the mistake of joining PDP but look on the bright side; if they are sensible enough to front him, then maybe they are not as bad as we thought

My sister u are right, we should start looking at the PDP as a black pot that can also produce white pap. You are posting sound post where some guys dont even know when to stop an arguement, i hope they'l wise up just say what u have to say and lets stop all these insults and insinuations
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by OYBMEND: 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2009
Obinoscopy:

Obi is closing in on Soludo on the polls but Ngige's lead is wide at the moment

what poll?

A poll that even becomerich can vote 5 times if he likes with his numerous IDs. Keep fooling yourself.

If you want me to ensure Obi closes on ngige in the next 2 hours I can do that by simply creating 20 emails right now.

Ngige might win, Obi also can.

BUT THIS POLL IS NEVER A REFLECTION O|F THE WILL OF ANAMBRA PEOPLE.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by fyneguy: 9:17am On Oct 21, 2009
sjeezy8:

Fashola of course!!!!!

lmfao

NGIGE is to Anambra, what Fashola is to Lagos wink
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by chidichris(m): 10:22am On Oct 21, 2009
Why are so baiased against the man. He has voluntered to serve his State/Country and you'd rather have him turn his back and join the already succesful elite? What happened to patriotism

I thought the whole Idea of moving a country foward is for the good to fight the bad. Why should we praise those who bailed out of the race and condemn those who decided to stay and fight

@ujujoan,
i want to believe no one sees beyound his or her horizons.
i would love to lecture you a bit that is if you are out to learn.
elite, who are the successful elites you mentioned?
patrotism, do you know of any patrotic leader under under pdp?
forward, how has pdp moved your nigeria forward since 1999?
soludo for your information belong to this group and party without plans. those who rule nigeria without programes.
are u depending on soludo's promise of turning ur state to dubai? then u need a second thought.
anambra has been a one of those states where pdp had faced difficulties in the past hence they have been doing anything within their reach to get it over.
the big question is, from nigeria down to states under pdp, which of them did u see turn into du talkless of dubai? why do u see soludo coming from the sun to change the trade mark of pdp which is a step forward five steps backward.
if soludo is man enough or believes in himself, he shld get himselve involved in party politics and not obj anointment and appointment.
his means to the seat is the same as those pdp criminals hence he is a criminal in advance.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by slimghost(m): 10:50am On Oct 21, 2009
Good governance is not all about roads, so if u ask me, Ngige achieved almost nothing in his 3 yrs as Governor. he knew the depth of intelligence of Anambrarians and he used that to his credit. I hate cheap popularity and thats what Ngige was able to achieve in 3 yrs. For God's sake road constrution only wont make Anambra a better state. It has been proven that Obi has done more roads than Ngige, yet some ill informed folks are here blabbing roads roads roads. No nobody would get it right in just 4 yrs, its not possible, and givin what Obi has achieved so far, i'd say he has done wonderfully well. i say OBI 4 another term,
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by mustafar1: 10:57am On Oct 21, 2009
SINCE His Excellency, Mr. Peter Obi assumed the governorship of Anambra State, the thought of being the first to do anything in the state has been his obsession. If he is not the first to buy five ambulances, he is the first to visit all 177 communities in the state or better, ‘develop’ all sectors simultaneously.

On Wednesday, October 14, 2009, the Governor through his Commissioner for Local Governments, Mr. Dubem Obaze, organised an elaborate party in Awka where the Governor gave out cheques to different town union presidents and in some cases, traditional rulers in the absence of the presidents, for the reconstruction of school buildings. It is indeed a first.

As unprecedented as this feat of sharing of Anambra money to non- accountable organisations for the ‘benefit’ of the ‘educational’ sector was, I ask Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala the former Finance Minister and World Bank chief who told the whole world that Peter Obi ranks number one in fiscal control, whether she envisaged such display of naivety when she gave her unsolicited opinion? Can this be the display that earned Obi her thumbs-up? Can she come back to confirm her rating of Obi or will she retract her rating?

I stood in the hall and watched the traditional rulers whose modus operandi is to support any government in power and the town union presidents hail the Governor as he doled out Anambra State money to a body that is neither a legal entity nor was there any form of control in place to prevent the recipients from squandering the money received. These are the same people he has been releasing Anambra money to for palliative measures of our rural roads every December with nothing to show for it.

What makes him think that having squandered those palliative monies meant for our roads, this one will be an exception?

It, however, confirms to me why the Governor keeps interfering with who becomes president-general of our town unions as he intends to use them as his campaign coordinators. This being the case, it will really not matter whether they squander the money or not. The more I looked at what was going on in the hall, the more questions arose in my spirit.

The first question was: If the recipients squandered this money, who will be held accountable or are we practising democracy without accountability? On the cheques were written the names of the towns or communities as the case may be. For example, the cheque for Awka town bore ‘Awka Town’ on it. Who on earth is Awka town? Where does it maintain a bank account or if it is a cash cheque, who will cash it? Is this not an invitation to chaos? I ask further. Under what legal or social framework are they to ensure performance.

The second question was how do these town unions award or execute the contracts? Are they going to invite tender or what? Is it part of their duty as town unions? I began to query where Dr. Oby Ezekwesili’s due process had gone to, knowing that Dr. Ezekwesili is a close confidant of Mr. Obi. I started wondering why “Madam Due Process” has not been able to get her friend to see the need for due process to be given a pride of place in the state, her own state by birth and by marriage.

Governor Obi replying his critics in one of his interviews on due process, ignorantly and sarcastically noted that due process was about ‘saving money’ for the state and he knows that he has been saving money for the state by his micro-management of the state affairs.

That is what he understands by due process. The next agitating question on my mind was whose money Obi was distributing. Was it his internally-generated revenue or money released to the State by SPEB, a Federal Government agency? I realised it was money in custody of ASUBEB and received from the Federal Government. I began to imagine how Gov. Obi will account to the Federal Government who I know still believes in due process. I wondered where this ignoble decision was taken, knowing that SPEB has its dos and don’ts.

Looking at the Chairman of ASUBEB who looked completely lost in the hall, I was sure he had a few issues flying around his head. As the chief custodian of the money being shared, I could see him sweating and fidgeting. Such is the lot of the men and women who work with the first scoring Governor.

For the headmasters whose classrooms were to be renovated, I wondered who they should approach to assist in making sure that the monies are applied well. Having approached the Chairman of ASUBEB for comment and he declined, I decided to tell the world through this medium that another vista has been opened in Anambra State and things will only get worse as the election approaches.

Why did every community receive N2 million? A town like mine, Awka, received N2 million while another town like Akwa-Ihedi received the same amount. By my calculations, Awka town has more schools than all the towns in Nnewi South Local Government where Akwa-Ihedi is located, put together. I wondered where this decision was coming from.

I finally had to leave the venue when one of the commissioners whispered to his friend that the Governor is beating other politicians to their game.

I realised it was all politics with Anambra money. It was money earmarked for campaign and not anything serious. It was N354 million of Anambra State’s money which the Governor reckoned will oil his campaign machinery. I left the hall before the end of the ‘game’ but before I did, I prayed a short prayer which I know God heard. I prayed that God would have mercy on my state.

By Joe Ofodile
Mr. Ofodile, a commentator on national issues, writes from Awka, Anambra State.
As culled from VANGUARD.

i need some clarification from anyone who has the chance to. . .
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 21, 2009
chidichris:

@ujujoan,
i want to believe no one sees beyound his or her horizons.
i would love to lecture you a bit that is if you are out to learn.
elite, who are the successful elites you mentioned?
patrotism, do you know of any patrotic leader under under pdp?
forward, how has pdp moved your nigeria forward since 1999?
soludo for your information belong to this group and party without plans. those who rule nigeria without programes.
are u depending on soludo's promise of turning your state to dubai? then u need a second thought.
anambra has been a one of those states where pdp had faced difficulties in the past hence they have been doing anything within their reach to get it over.
the big question is, from nigeria down to states under pdp, which of them did u see turn into du talkless of dubai? why do u see soludo coming from the sun to change the trade mark of pdp which is a step forward five steps backward.
if soludo is man enough or believes in himself, he shld get himselve involved in party politics and not obj anointment and appointment.
his means to the seat is the same as those pdp criminals hence he is a criminal in advance.

So we should benchmark the future with the past If we keep doing that then why bother at all. If we dont beleive things can get better, then what's the point.

I agree with you that PDP has been nothing but bad news, but if the likes of Chris Ngige and even Chime can stand up to the so-called God-fathers and make an imapact in the lives of the citizens, still under the so-called evil PDP, then I'm sure Soludo can manage just fine!! Afterall even Jesus had to become man to bring Salvation to the world. He could have done it as God or even as an angel, but he chose to become man!!

And I'm sure when Soludo was talking about Dubai, he didnt mean it literally. He was referring to their strength in terms of trading and if you know Anambra well, then you'll know that its not so hard to do, because Anambra is already a trade center around Africa. All it needs is a little more direction and economic stabilty and if anybody can do that, Soludo can!! I dont know the man personally, but I beleive in him!!

If Ngige or Even Obi sef has the opportunity, they'll contest under PDP.

For you to say Soludo has no plans means you dont know anything about this election or his candidateship. As far as I can tell, he's the only candidate that has an idea of what governance is all about and when I read his write-up, all I see is Vision.

Am not depending on his promise to turn Anambra into Dubai, I'm depending on his promise to bring governance to the grassroots!! And agina I say, if anybody can do that, its him!!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by slimghost(m): 11:10am On Oct 21, 2009
@ must a far.

grin grin grin Joe Ofodile? ha ha ha ha i know the man, he is an Ngige loyalist and a puppet commentator. Folks who live here know its all propaganda. BLOODY LIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 21, 2009
slimghost:

Good governance is not all about roads, so if u ask me, Ngige achieved almost nothing in his 3 yrs as Governor. he knew the depth of intelligence of Anambrarians and he used that to his credit. I hate cheap popularity and thats what Ngige was able to achieve in 3 yrs. For God's sake road constrution only wont make Anambra a better state. It has been proven that Obi has done more roads than Ngige, yet some ill informed folks are here blabbing roads roads roads. No nobody would get it right in just 4 yrs, its not possible, and givin what Obi has achieved so far, i'd say he has done wonderfully well. i say OBI 4 another term,

Good governance is about listening to the people and meeting their needs. At the time Ngige assumed office, Anambra was practically roadless. Every citizen wanted roads construced and salaries paid. He listened and he did them.

Peter Obi might have constructed more roads than Nigige because he's been there longer than Ngige was, but what's the quality of the roads he's constructing? Ngige-roads can be clearly distinguished because of their good quality. Obi's administartion lacks suatianability. Even the so-called Zik's avanue road he constructed is a mess now. Woe betide anybody putting his car on that road after a heavy storm. And this was a road that took him alomst 2 years to complete!! What has Obi acheveived? Giving Computers to schools without roof or electricity Buying taxis for poverty reduction which people could not afford? Giving fertilizers to farmers who are not interested in large-scale farming because there's no market for the produce? I'm yet to see what he has acheived!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by alexchiny: 11:22am On Oct 21, 2009
@Ujujoan

So Ngige construted roads for three yrs, and because of that he is the best? nne you must be sick!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry. Listen, that is what is called cheap popularity, u heard? Ngige even construted the roads because of the power tussle between him and his godfather inother to gain people's sympathy. I can categoritically tell you now, that Ngige never meant well for Anambra. Its either Soludo or Obi, period. We dont need people without blueprint.

NB. go check all the roads contruted by Ngige in Onitsha, all death traps. So stop spitting dust pls.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by KnowAll(m): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2009
Nobody should disregard the power of incumbency, Obi is fighting back and Obi is no mug, he is equally as good as any of the other two. One thing must be said and appreciated, Anambra has 3 very good administrators vieing 4 one post, whichever way the pendulum swings it will benefit Anambra state.

But history and precedent has shown us in Nigeria that the 2nd term of most Politicians is a cleaning out period nothing gets done, I will be weary if I am an Anambrian to give my precious vote to the incumbent.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by slimghost(m): 11:41am On Oct 21, 2009
@Ujujoan

Honestly, you sound pathetic my dear, so listening to the people is to construct roads for 3 yrs. Well, i wont say any other thing here until you tell me what Ngige acheievd in 3 yrs, bearing in mind there is no much difference between 3 and 4 years. Honestly people, Obi is like the biblical christ who was killed by the world, only for the same world years later, to come to understand that he really came to save them.

Building a state is not a "the more you look, the less you see" kind of a thing. It takes proper planning and execution to achieve that( not building of roads to get peoples sympathy, while other areas continue to decay). I was opportuned to see the new master plan of Onitsha and i tell you people, if it can be executed Onitsha will turn into a modern city. And he has already started the execution because i can see the two modern parks being constructed at Onitsha.

i rest my case.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by alexchiny: 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2009
Soludo will definitely get my vote, unless they indict him before february. If that happens, i will then vote for Obi, because Ngige has nothing to offer except noise, propagandas and lies.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by ofala(m): 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Alexchiny

You got it ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Does one going from one traditional marriage and weddings to another to receive cheering from define his readiness to DO SOMETHING VERY UNIQUE for Anambra State. We all have too short a memory[Someone who can SELL his conscience for power] isn't my choice any day. Can you imagine Mr. Peter Obi going to a shrine for anything what-so-ever? Absolutely impossible. We need people with some bit of conscience. Then Prof. Soludo has some court issues to scale through in PDP.

Read this:
http://anambra2010election..com/2009/10/more-on-pdp-anambra-state-primaries.html

Lets be fair to ourselves. Mr Peter Obi shoud be given a second term so that the man may be able to really apply his thinking for the benefit of ALL.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by ofala(m): 12:56pm On Oct 21, 2009
Mr. Peter Obi Remains my choice.

Nigige can make lots of noise but have we quickly forgotten how he SOLD his conscience to become the governor in the first place[by going to the shrine with a tout]?

Prof. Soludo has some more issues to sort withing PDP and now they had gone to court.
Read this:

http://anambra2010election..com/2009/10/more-on-pdp-anambra-state-primaries.html

If the rule of law must be followed, don't you think it will go against Prof. Soludo?
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by martinosi: 1:20pm On Oct 21, 2009
All i wnat is Peace and Prosperity for this Nigerian Eastern State!
Ibo states need to be turned into Economic Power Housed for real!!!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 1:34pm On Oct 21, 2009
alexchiny:

@Ujujoan

So Ngige construted roads for three yrs, and because of that he is the best? nne you must be sick!!!!!!!!!!! angry angry. Listen, that is what is called cheap popularity, u heard? Ngige even construted the roads because of the power tussle between him and his godfather inother to gain people's sympathy. I can categoritically tell you now, that Ngige never meant well for Anambra. Its either Soludo or Obi, period. We dont need people without blueprint.

NB. go check all the roads contruted by Ngige in Onitsha, all death traps. So stop spitting dust pls.

Dont be daft! I said Soludo is my first choice. I was just defending why Ngige came second and Obi last!!

Ngige constucted death-tarps in Onitasha Now I wonder if it's the same town I know about. undecided

@Ujujoan

Honestly, you sound pathetic my dear, so listening to the people is to construct roads for 3 yrs. Well, i wont say any other thing here until you tell me what Ngige acheievd in 3 yrs, bearing in mind there is no much difference between 3 and 4 years. Honestly people, Obi is like the biblical christ who was killed by the world, only for the same world years later, to come to understand that he really came to save them.

Building a state is not a "the more you look, the less you see" kind of a thing. It takes proper planning and execution to achieve that( not building of roads to get peoples sympathy, while other areas continue to decay). I was opportuned to see the new master plan of Onitsha and i tell you people, if it can be executed Onitsha will turn into a modern city. And he has already started the execution because i can see the two modern parks being constructed at Onitsha.

I sound pathetic?? You sound silly!! Comparing Peter Obi to Christ!! You've forgotten that it was the people that acutally voted Obi in. He had the mandate from day one. When PDP tried to take it from him, the people supported him and made sure he got it back? Where is the persecution there If any of the other governors got as much support from the people as he did, I dont think he would even still be opening his mouth!!

Truth be told, he has failed the people. Even NL pool prefers Ngige the ritualist/criminal to him!!

You dont plan for four years when you have a four-year tenure. When he was campaining, he didnt say he needed 8 years to realize his goal! I saw that master plan you were talkin about 2 years ago and till today nothing has happened! You dont come into power to start planing like you have the whole time in the world. You are supposed to have a plan/vision before you even contest!!

He's slow, he's indecisive and he's not a into quality control. He has great plans, but his execution style is zero. He'll make a good advisor but he's a terrible Governor. I'm sacred that giving him another four year to prove his worth is a waste of time. He wasnt able to do that in the first tenure, he cant do that in another 10 years!!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by alexchiny: 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
@Ujujoan

Like Slimghost said, u really sound pathetic. Why is it that everywhere ur Ngige goes, instead of telling the people his plans for them, he will be busy telling that he construted roads for them and castigating Obi? why? because he has nothing to offer, no plans no nothing, just noise and cheap lies.

Am from Alor in Idemmili LGA, and ave known Ngige for long. He is just a tout, believe it or not, with nothing to give to the people. I will go for Soludo, but Obi is better, much much better than ur Ngige.

Obi has been in office for 4 yrs,Ngiige was in office for 3 yrs. compare the two of them and tell me the result. You are the daft one here for being so sentimental.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by alexchiny: 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
Ujujoan:

Truth be told, he has failed the people. Even NL pool prefers Ngige the ritualist/criminal to him!!

grin grin grin I laugh in Syria. which pool? stop decieving urself sis, how many of them will vote on that day? how many of them are from Anambra sef? Tell your Ngige to stop attacking Mr Obi if he is sure of the people backing. He is so scared of Obi.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by zukkyjay: 1:51pm On Oct 21, 2009
NGIGE ALL THE WAY.I'm an Anambrarian and i was there when it all started.For the person that said Ngige didd't have a choice and that he built roads for the people's sympathy,you lie because he had so many choices.He had the choice of sharing the money with obj and his Godfathers and believe me nothing would ve hapened 2 him b/c he would have OBJ's annointing but he chose not to.He chose 2 listen to the plights of Anambrarians.He did what no other governor b/4 him had done.As for grass root governance,almost all the communities in Anambra had at least one thing to gain from his administration.As 4 OBI,i have never been dissapointed in anyone like the way i'am in him.4 the last 4yrs Anambra have been in a Limbo.so many bloodshed,kidnaping,lack of infrastructure,teacher's strike to mention a few.He dissapointed the people that put him there and a mistake Anambrarians will not make again even when blindfolded.u only need 2 step into the state to confirm this.I like SOLUDO as a man but PETER OBI has taught us that being succesful in a coperate body doesn't necessarily mean u'lll be succesful as a governor so i advice soludo 2 go back 2 what he knows best.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
ofala:

@Alexchiny

You got it ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! Does one going from one traditional marriage and weddings to another to receive cheering from define his readiness to DO SOMETHING VERY UNIQUE for Anambra State. We all have too short a memory[Someone who can SELL his conscience for power] isn't my choice any day. Can you imagine Mr. Peter Obi going to a shrine for anything what-so-ever? Absolutely impossible. We need people with some bit of conscience. Then Prof. Soludo has some court issues to scale through in PDP.

Read this:

Lets be fair to ourselves. Mr Peter Obi shoud be given a second term so that the man may be able to really apply his thinking for the benefit of ALL.

They can keep going to court, nobody will stop them. After all Andy Uba is still going to court claiming Governor. Soludo has not done anything against the rule of law. All these their no-internal democracy thing is just desperado moves. The party was pushed to the wall because the candidates could not organize themselves to conduct the primaries. They have to invoke a party constitutional right (article 17.0 or sth of that nature) which gave them the power to select a candidate to beat INEC’s deadline. They chose Soludo. The other candidates are aggrieved. They can go to court for all I care.

The only thing you showed from you post is that you are choosing Obi because there's no better choice, not because he's the best man for the job. Personally, I dont think he can do better that Soludo.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 21, 2009
zukkyjay:

NGIGE ALL THE WAY.I'm an Anambrarian and i was there when it all started.For the person that said Ngige didd't have a choice and that he built roads for the people's sympathy,you lie because he had so many choices.He had the choice of sharing the money with obj and his Godfathers and believe me nothing would ve hapened 2 him b/c he would have OBJ's annointing but he chose not to.He chose 2 listen to the plights of Anambrarians.He did what no other governor b/4 him had done.As for grass root governance,almost all the communities in Anambra had at least one thing to gain from his administration.As 4 OBI,i have never been dissapointed in anyone like the way i'am in him.4 the last 4yrs Anambra have been in a Limbo.so many bloodshed,kidnaping,lack of infrastructure,teacher's strike to mention a few.He dissapointed the people that put him there and a mistake Anambrarians will not make again even when blindfolded.u only need 2 step into the state to confirm this.I like SOLUDO as a man but PETER OBI has taught us that being succesful in a coperate body doesn't necessarily mean u'lll be succesful as a governor so i advice soludo 2 go back 2 what he knows best.

I couldnt have said it better! cheesy
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by KnowAll(m): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2009
what poll?

A poll that even becomerich can vote 5 times if he likes with his numerous IDs. Keep fooling yourself.

If you want me to ensure Obi closes on ngige in the next 2 hours I can do that by simply creating 20 emails right now.

This is a straw poll it is use to harness and test the popularity of each of the candidates, in most developed society the actual results rearly differs from the straw poll result.

For e.g the Labour goverment in the UK already know it will take a miracle for them to win the a general election which is a year from now, this is as a result of the straw poll conducted,  and on each every occasion the results were always the same the labour party seems to be 15% behind the conservatives.

However having said that it looks going by the comments made, it appears Soludo has the most positive comments yet it does not reflect on the poll results it could either be that some Ngige supporters are voting without making any comment or some people like u rightly said have multiple ID's. It will be sad that an innocent and harmless exercise such as this is subject to fraud and rigging I choose not to beleive that line of thinking, but if it were true then Nigeria as a nation will soon be an endangered entity.

Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 21, 2009
KnowAll:

This is a straw poll it is use to harness and test the popularity of each of the candidates, in most developed society the actual results rearly differs from the straw poll result.

For e.g the Labour goverment in the UK already know it will take a miracle for them to win the a general election which is a year from now, this is as a result of the straw poll conducted, and on each every occasion the results were always the same the labour party seems to be 15% behind the conservatives.

However having said that it looks going by the comments made, it appears Soludo has the most positive comments yet it does not reflect on the poll results it could either be that some Ngige supporters are voting without making any comment or some people like u rightly said have multiple ID's. It will be sad that an innocent and harmless exercise such as this is subject to fraud and rigging I choose not to beleive that line of thinking, but if it were true then Nigeria as a nation will soon be an endangered entity.

Dont mind them. People just open their mouths and say silly things!!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by archangel1(m): 2:26pm On Oct 21, 2009
the contribiutors of this forum can not deceive the people of Anambra state.We know the right canditate.Obi must finish the good works he has started.we are far behind many states in some fundamental democratic dividends.we are not sentimental with any person and the God-sent must finish his work.we know siuts us.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by tarano: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2009
Ngige all the way, Anambras want Ngige to return to office in 2010 to finish what he started –good governance. He must complete his work. We allowed none patriots to force him out of office. We are demanding of him to return.

Democracy is serving the people, providing for their needs, with the ultimate purpose of building a just society. In the end, the peoples' purpose is the government's responsibility and that is my silent revolution, and I hope my enduring legacy." His Excellency, Dr. Chris Ngige

Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Obinoscopy(m): 10:36pm On Oct 21, 2009
OYB_MEND:

what poll?

@OYB MEND I observed you are a pessimist and antagonists of people and their beliefs. This polls is definately not the real polls but we just want to know the views of Nairalanders (not Anambrarians only). If you want to rig the polls, well go ahead but I assure you God will never allow such rigging in the oncoming elections. So if you know anyone planning to do so, tell him/her to desist from it.
Well so far Ngige still leads but Obi has overtaken Soludo! Well the journey is still far and we are still watching. God bless Nigeria!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by fyneguy: 10:43pm On Oct 21, 2009
This poll is a reflection of what is expected at the election proper.

Soludo fans may have commented more than Ngige's did. That's because Soludo fans did multiple posts.

Ngige supporters clearly are more than the other 2.

Again, NGIGE is the man! grin
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by fyneguy: 10:44pm On Oct 21, 2009
Hmmmm

It looks like the soludo-polymergate has pushed Obi to number 2 now.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by EmmaGSM(m): 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2009
AS MANY THAT WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH ABOUT ABLE NGIGE AND HIS EXCELENCY MR PETER OBI,

READ THIS ELLUSTRATION,
ANAMBRA = THE HUNGRY BABY
NGIGE = A HOUSE HELP
OBI = THE MOTHER
MBADINUJU = ELDER BROTHER OF THE BABY
THE STORY; 

A BABY WAS LEFT IN CARE OF HIS ELDER BROTHE WHO WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE HIM BRAKE FAST, INSTEAD HE WAS MINDFUL OF HIM SELF AND ATE ALONE AND LEFT THE BABY STAVING TILL ABOUT 11AM (THE BABY VERY DAWN IN HUNGRY)

THE HOUSE HELPER ARRIVED AT ABOUT 11.30AM AND MET THE BABY AT THAT CONDITION AND WAS V ANGRY WITH THE SITUATION AND PUBLICLY CONDENMED THE EVIL AND TRY WITHIN HIS POWERS TO HOLD THE HUNGER BY OFFERING THE BABY AKARA,BREAD AND TEA HE COULD FIND IN THE HOUSE, HE WAS HIGHLY ADMIRED AND COMENDED FOR SAVING A LIFE,

FINALLY THE MOTHER ARRIVED , TAKE THE BABY , GAVE HIM BARTH, BRUSHED THE TEETH, GAVE HIM BREAST, CLOTHED HIM, DREW A MENU THROUGH WHICH THE BABY WILL HENCE FORTH BE EATING BALANCED DIETH, ALL OF THESE WITHOUT MUCH NOISE WHICH MADE MANY PEOPLE UNAWARE OF THE LATEST HAPPENING,

THANKS UNTO GOD WHO GAVE OBI TO ANAMBRA STATE, HE MUST SURELY ACCOMLISH HIS MISSION AND MANDATE FROM ABOVE AMEN.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by EmmaGSM(m): 4:35pm On Oct 22, 2009
I LOVE NGIGIE AND HAVE MANY THINGS TO SAY ABOUT HIM,

OBI IS THE MAN ANAMBRA AS A STATE NEED NOW, HE IS LIKE A SAVIOUR IN THIS SATE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bola Tinubu's Heroin-tainted Assets Forfeiture Judgement - Saharareporters / Does Anambra State Has The Highest Town In South East; Check This List / Kumuyi And Nwodo: Blood Is Thicker Than Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.