Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,114 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? (6189 Views)

Poll: I Prefer:

Ngige: 40% (66 votes)
Soludo: 30% (51 votes)
Obi: 29% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Uche Ekwunife Visits Chris Ngige Over The Death Of His Dad (Pic) / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable / Ngige,ex Gov. Of Anambra Spotted As Security Of Okorocha Imo State Gov (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Obinoscopy(m): 11:19pm On Oct 18, 2009
Fellow nairalanders, please tell us who is your candidate for the upcoming Anambra elections and give us the reasons why?
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by olafolarin(m): 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2009
Soludo is NO solution.His post-comsolidation over-protection of banks led to their present situation.His administrative capability is questionable and he has no political pedigree.he will never get my vote.

Obi has done well so far with great vision and purposeful leadership.He is developing the state but at a slow pace.He is young and energetic but he is continuing what Ngige started.

Ngige opened peoles eyes to what is attainable in Anambra state.While Mbadinnuju claimed there is no money to pay civil servants,Ngige paid their salaries and arrears at once.He started rehabilitation and construction of roads,schools,hospitals,etc before his term was cut short by the Court.He also fought the Godfather of Anambra state and the states sole "terminal cancer" Andy Uba to a standstill.He might have sweared allegiance to Uba in a shrine but he fought vehemently to fully control the state away from Uba.

My vote will wait till february.Thats a lifetime in politics.Many things will will happen to credit and discredit many candidates.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by OYBMEND: 12:05am On Oct 19, 2009
Olafolarin in Germany wants to keep his vote in Anambra till February.

What a misnomer

You are either lying about your name or your location.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Obinoscopy(m): 12:12am On Oct 19, 2009
@OYB MEND Pls don't attack anyone, he is just airing his views. I was expecting to hear yours
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by olafolarin(m): 12:29am On Oct 19, 2009
OYB_MEND:

Olafolarin in Germany wants to keep his vote in Anambra till February.

What a misnomer

You are either lying about your name or your location.

@ OYB MEND,

Yeah,i Live in GERMANY but have never missed voting in any election since 1999.I ensure that i plan my visit home to coincide with election date so as to cast my vote as a concerned citizen.
Please google my name,(its my signature on this blog)you will see it on many websites and newspaper pages expressing my thoughts on what Nigeria is right now and where we should be in the committee of nations.
Here in Germany,I have so many anambra friends from different towns-Nteje,Abaagana,ebutete,etc and we discuss daily happenings in our beloveth country.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by udezue(m): 12:33am On Oct 19, 2009
I think I might go with Ngige. Obi is not living up to his expectations. Awka capital is not even looking a capital
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by OYBMEND: 12:33am On Oct 19, 2009
olafolarin:

@ OYB MEND,

Yeah,i Live in GERMANY but have never missed voting in any election since 1999.I ensure that i plan my visit home to coincide with election date so as to cast my vote as a concerned citizen.
Please google my name,(its my signature on this blog)you will see it on many websites and newspaper pages expressing my thoughts on what Nigeria is right now and where we should be in the committee of nations.
Here in Germany,I have so many anambra friends from different towns-Nteje,Abaagana,ebutete,etc and we discuss daily happenings in our beloveth country.

Since you are neither a resident of Anambra nor an indigene don't you think its fraudulent to travel their just to vote in an election?
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by olafolarin(m): 12:39am On Oct 19, 2009
OYB_MEND:

Since you are neither a resident of Anambra nor an indigene don't you think its fraudulent to travel their just to vote in an election?

How did you know i am not an indigene or resident?You should just ask questions before jumping into senseless conclusions.My name has nothing to do with state of origin or residency address.

Just tell us your opinion on which candiate you will vote for and stop this personal attacks on nairalanders.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by OYBMEND: 12:46am On Oct 19, 2009
you just admitted that you live in Germany and that means you are not a resident of anambra.
You also talked about your friends from Anambra and named the places they come from in Anambra. Only a non indigene could make a comment like that.

To even turn around to suggest you are either a resident or an indigene having made your previous comments shows a willingness to tell bare faced lies.

We need to tackle our personal corruption so that we can be rightly equiped to rid our nation of corruption.

I have no vote in Anambra and have no support for anyone. However I heard the current Governor is not doing a bad job.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Obinoscopy(m): 12:52am On Oct 19, 2009
So far so good Ngige seems to be leading,
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by OYBMEND: 12:55am On Oct 19, 2009
olafolarin

(3) Come 2015,people will expect us to vote for our first Ibo president.There are already agitations in that direction and politicians are already doing the groundwork.I am sure most political parties will be recruiting candidates of IBo division that will be sellable to the curious and conservative notherners,the intelligent and proning yorubas as well as the industrous Ibos.
That is what Nigerian Democracy is all about.It is not the best but that is what we have right now and to an extent works well for us.

see ur post from another thread

you are not even from south east
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by MrCrackles(m): 1:00am On Oct 19, 2009
NGIGE. . . Recent political situation in that country had me digging deeper and learning more!
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by olafolarin(m): 1:14am On Oct 19, 2009
OYB_MEND:

olafolarin

see your post from another thread

you are not even from south east

I never told you where i am from.And in this fora,it is completely unneccessary.
What is important is for us to vote for the right candidate.The likes of Donald Duke,Fashola,Saraki etc.These are progressives that has the intention of developing their immediate state and Nigeria in general.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by olafolarin(m): 1:19am On Oct 19, 2009
@ OYB MEND,

Can you please summarise the passage you quoted and tell me what makes you think i am not from South-East? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by OAM4J: 1:36am On Oct 19, 2009
hope Soludo wins, if not want Ngige to win. Think Obi is slow.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by vislabraye(m): 2:25am On Oct 19, 2009
They all have question mark ( except maybe Obi ).
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by AloyEmeka6: 4:19am On Oct 19, 2009
Choose one person among three notable criminals?
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by puskin: 5:35am On Oct 19, 2009
I'll go with Ngige. He made Anambrarians 2knw that the state has money and he was keen with his various grassroot developmental projects.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Holesher(m): 6:06am On Oct 19, 2009
I did not get to know Ngige because I was not a resident then, ever since I av come to Anambra state as a non indegene and information gathered from different quarters indicated that Ngige would have been the best candidate. But we should be careful for a traitor like him who new he did not have the capability, financial and political prowess to become a governor but went ahead to wine and dine with Chris to install him as a governor and wanted to double cross him, it is never done! He who pays the piper dictates the tune see the case of Ladoja V Adedibu (oyo state)

On Soludo, the over ambition of the university teacher and his gut can be misconstrued for a machavelian approach. The former CBN boss has declared his intention to rule his state of origin but his abuja approach suggest another political hijacker in Anambra state and my fellow anambran should be very careful with him see the case of Andy.

Obi should av been given the nod to continue, but for what? is it bad roads in onitsha and nnewi the Africa commercial cities, Awka capital territory a mega hamlet, window dressing of roads that lead to stadium in Fegge, over announced okpoko road project, agenda of sports development with building of football pitches while others are building world class stadium (Lagos, Delta, Ogun are living witness) .In house bad organisation (Okorie and Umeh) will not even give us assurance that APGA is a better subtitute for PDP.

February 2010 will judge may be may be not.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Cupidkc(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2009
As 4 me,I wl definitely go wit NGIGE, durin his few mnths in office his works wz vivid & didnt doesnt torelate nonsence. My vote is 4 d unshakeable man, NGIGE.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by CarlosVent(m): 7:04am On Oct 19, 2009
We are all going for Nigige.

Soludo wants to spoil the reputation and dignity he has preserved for long.

As for Obi he is nothing but an old woman who cant do anything.

THANKS A LOT NIGERIANS
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by jayflex: 8:20am On Oct 19, 2009
Ngige in a second. He was the one that opened our eyes to all of the evil that was going on and no one could talk about. People talk crap about how he was part of the rot. yes he swore an oath at okija shrine but he turned his back on it and the reverberations of his act paved the way for obi. Those who really know anambra's history will tell you that EVERY thing in the state ground to a halt. Ngige started an unprecedented turn around that Obi has not been able to effectively build on. Soludo is an Abuja slave and we have had enough of them. Obi is not really a bad man he's just better off as a deputy governor because he hasnt got any political will and thats dangerous because Anambra needs a man of action. Give us Ngige please
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by McKren(m): 8:38am On Oct 19, 2009
Folks the people of Anambra will do with what you are FOR rather than what you are AGAINST.

You are better off telling us what you saw in Obi's manifesto or Ngige's manifesto that make you want to vote for them rather than the childish talk of Soludo being a teacher who should not tarnish his image, or Soludo being an Abuja slave. Some of these just sound to me like childish jealousy.

Are we saying that we have nothing we stand for? we are just against Soludo?

Surely we should have more serious reasons to vote than that.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 19, 2009
there's something i dislike about nigeria politics.,good aspirants always end up in bad political parties.,soludo would have been ok but i dont like him being in pdp.,.Although i'm not from anambra to make a choice but they should go for either ngige or obi cause i just like any candidate from the opposition.Pdp is a mess
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 19, 2009
why are non-Anambrarians who have no vote in Anambra more scared of Soludo's candidacy than Anambrarians themselves?

My brethrens this is the time to stay strong and not buy into the pull down syndrome from strangers.

Either Ngige, Obi or Soludo will be good for Anambra State. Let February 2010 be a festival or Celebration of politics and most importantly a celebration of the defeat of the Ubah brothers.

There is no need for acrimony, no need to fall for cheap traps being set by strangers.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by jayflex: 9:39am On Oct 19, 2009
@ McKren

Ngige was, is and will always be for the development of the state's infrastructure ie. road construction which he achieved by a revolutionary synergy of direct labour and etablished construction firms that fixed the road that leads from Niger bridge head all the way to ihiala. this in small measure provided thousands of jobs for thousands of disenfrachised youth, Reopening of schools that had been shut for two years under mbadinuju and payment of two years unpaid teachers salaries, payment of all civil servants arrears that stretched back more than three years under the mbadinuju administration., transparency that was unheard of in the state for a governor, despite how badly OBJ wanted to nail him the EFCC couldnt build any case against him, smashing of autocracy and godfatherism and most importantly THE UNITY of THE PEOPLE OF ANAMBRA STATE. Ngige set a standard that no one believed was possible until he came on board.

Soludo on the other hand picked up his nomination form in the company of Anenih and Solomon Lar. Who endorsed him and automatically branded him an Abuja slave because we know the role of those two men during the dark days betweem 1999 and 2003.  Anambra people are very savvy about such things these days since mbadinuju.  

Obi has not done Jack except slowly trying to finish things Ngige started. fine he manages to pay salaries on time but that is nothing special. He should try administering to the state, building roads and paying three years salries backlog with the monthly federal allocation cut off and without police protection, then maybe he can be looked as more than a child of fortune
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by naso2(m): 9:45am On Oct 19, 2009
Ngige is good but I will go for Soludo any time any day. Forget all this talk about him being in PDP, iS Amaechi not in PDP?

The point is  someone like soludo will harness the industrial/business potential of Anambra and make it the envy of most states. He will defintely take care of infrastructure too.

I am not too sure NGIGE can provide anything beyond infrastructure . Obi is simply off the mark.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by chosen04(f): 9:51am On Oct 19, 2009
NGIGI from the Way.

1) Defeated Godfatherism in the State.
2) Opened our eyes to the huge amount of money generateable internally.
3) Paid salaries of civil servants and workers promptly.
4) Constructed roads.
5) Successfully completed 1st missionary journey.
6) Excelled  even under pressure from ASO ROCK
7) Experienced, Smart, Simple and short.
cool Belongs to a Party thats has the welfare of the Masses at heart.
9) Completed 75% of his election promises to the state understand 2 and half yrs inspite off all odds.
10) Ability to disassociate self from evil plans and agreements and damn the consequences.

1 Like

Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 19, 2009
Soludo; HE IS AN ASTUTE ECONOMIST

hISTORY WILL validate his records at CBN
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by McKren(m): 10:00am On Oct 19, 2009
I am honestly tired of the childish argument that Ngige's dodgy nomination during a tour of Onitsha and then conducting an election to legitimise it is democracy. How can you have a predetermined result and then conduct an election to reflect your pre-determined result and you call that being credible. THAT IS A CHARADE.

Given the circumstanses PDP's nomination of Soludo is as good as those of AC or APGA. We need a wholistic overhaul of our politics and the notion that some are getting it right while PDP are not just tells me we probably don't even know what we want.

So forget the parties in question here, its all about the decency of the leading contenders which is only a good thing for Anambra.

Fashola was as much an imposition on his party as Soludo is right now. And yet Fashola is doing a good job more than Tinubu or AC can ever immagine. Before we gloss over AC being a holy party need I remind you that is is still the party of Tinubu and Atiku Abubakar.
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by jayflex: 10:01am On Oct 19, 2009
@chosen04

Nwanne I ga e bi ndu
Re: Ngige, Soludo Or Obi: Who Would You Choose As Your Candidate And Why? by poj(m): 10:04am On Oct 19, 2009
i will give it to Ngige going by what he was able to do considering his short turbulent tenure.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari: Thieving Elite As Bad As Militants Such As Mend, Boko Haram Etc / We Have To Completely Delegitimise Corruption, Vp Osinbajo Says / I Hereby Renounce My Support On Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.