Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,535 members, 7,812,664 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:06 PM

Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets (33900 Views)

DSS Crackdown: Judgements That Landed Judges In Trouble / Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed / 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Dalek(m): 10:43am On Oct 09, 2016
OP source na wa... The tweets am seeing is from EiE Nigeria(Enough is Enough Nigeria) not the NHRC boss oo. They only mention the NHRC boss "@Chidiodinkalu" or you pple don't know how Twitter works??
why is dis nonsense post in FP??
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Wadeoye(m): 10:46am On Oct 09, 2016
morereb10:
It is pathetic that our judiciary have no say in a country who proud themselves as democratically incline nation. After waking up to news of abduction of judges by operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS), Nigerians have taken to Twitter to denounce what they call Gestapo-style arrests without following due process.

Most of the blame has gone directly to Pres. Muhammadu Buhari whose office is operationally in charge of the DSS. One voice coming loud, clear, and strong is that of the Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission, Chidi Odinkalu, who has called the simultaneous sting operation across half a dozen states as “intimidation of the judiciary”.

See tweets from the NHRC boss below…

http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/10/human-rights-commission-boss-mocks-dss.html

Blah blah blah..... The same set of people make noise everyday that our leaders are corrupt and that corruption is killing the country. Now, someone is trying to help out and confront this menace, our complaint experts are here again shouting rule of law. What kind of a people are these? Where in the world did you see the the kind of corruption we have witnessed in Nigeria?

If the raid was not carried out, how would you (mr noise maker) and the world have known that judges are warehousing huge amount of money in their bedrooms? If you don't have these evidence, how would you nail them and get them convicted in court? The same noise makers will come and say FG has not been able to convict anybody? How will they if they don't have evidence?

Yeye people. Who sent these ones (curses on the nation) to school for God's sake?

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Legend87(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:

It's because of judges like these we aren't recovering these funds. Hence the arrest! See? It's actually win win.

I'm not in support of either parties.. My question is, before the privacy-intruding arrest of the judges, what has been done with the recovery of other looted funds?

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by ehissi(m): 10:47am On Oct 09, 2016
cheesy Just had a thought and I couldn't help but laugh. cheesy

This man will never learn lesson.

This was exactly how he was sending squads to arrest people all in the name of corruption back in 1983/84.

And everything was sweet, good and pleasant.........until the same squad arrested him and kicked him out of power.......... undecided

The same man was now crying fowl, but by then power don change hands.

I dey just imagine, all these rubbish dey happen; e no talk, e dey form Don Jazzy......what if the same DSS arrest am, come Newspaper come talk "DSS arrests Buhari, finds $2billion in his personal quarters......" Na that time e go start to talk, before e own eye go clear....... cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Eibams60(m): 10:55am On Oct 09, 2016
it start wit PDP members then bloggers/oap now is judges. am in my farm trembling waiting for farmers turn.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by BERNIMOORE: 10:57am On Oct 09, 2016
soberdrunk:
You "cannot" fight corruption with 'due process" and without stepping on toes.[s] The level of corruption in Nigeria doesnt need "due process". Egbon nah English you dey speak, our 'situation' in Nigeria nor need "English", we need "Action" them nor use 'due process' collect millions of dollars as 'bribe'[/s]....... angry angry angry
did you listen to yourself? setting aside the 'rule of law' is allien to practicing democracy, so lets go back to millitary rule, case closed, this is not how to practice democracy. shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by khadaffi(m): 10:57am On Oct 09, 2016
olaric:
He who comes to equity must come with clean hands; even Buhari can't claim his hands are clean. Is it not the same man who told the entire world he had to borrow 29 Million Naira from Union Bank that contested and won an election having being sponsored by crooks like....? The judges have done something 'wrong,' but due process must be followed. Today is the turn of the judges, tomorrow could be yours--so let's stop supporting Buhari's bad attitude towards rule of law.
The highlighted part is what disturbs me when I see people praising the nonsense crime committed by buhari. Today he is president, tomorrow he will not be there. What happens if another. President tomorrow uses this same attitude on him or his family members.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by ilynem(m): 11:02am On Oct 09, 2016
Legend87:

I'm not in support of either parties.. My question is, before the privacy-intruding arrest of the judges, what has been done with the recovery of other looted funds?
I am not Buhari's P.A. but it doesn't mean I should clap for the judges. They collected bribe, they should face the music. Simple.
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by frank442: 11:03am On Oct 09, 2016
We all know some judges are corrupt.

I can set one up for u to see. Their impunity is too much.

Some has to check them
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Immatex(m): 11:03am On Oct 09, 2016
soberdrunk:
You "cannot" fight corruption with 'due process" and without stepping on toes. The level of corruption in Nigeria doesnt need "due process". Egbon nah English you dey speak, our 'situation' in Nigeria nor need "English", we need "Action" them nor use 'due process' collect millions of dollars as 'bribe'....... angry angry angry

You must be drunk not sober. How dare you say 'you cannot fight corruption with due process'
Are you so ignorant Can you excuse impunity on the alter of corruption And who is free You

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Legend87(m): 11:05am On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:

I am not Buhari's P.A. but it doesn't mean I should clap for the judges. They collected bribe, they should face the music. Simple.

Can the DSS arrest buhari for also bribing this same judges over his certificate saga?

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by slysteel: 11:06am On Oct 09, 2016
soberdrunk:
You "cannot" fight corruption with 'due process" and without stepping on toes. The level of corruption in Nigeria doesnt need "due process". Egbon nah English you dey speak, our 'situation' in Nigeria nor need "English", we need "Action" them nor use 'due process' collect millions of dollars as 'bribe'....... angry angry angry
Nairaland children,meanwhile they want a better Nigeria and they hope to achieve it without due process,old boy ,go and write your waec first.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by hardextheprince(m): 11:07am On Oct 09, 2016
Weekend Nugent: "Its ur RIGHT to choose the time to commit a CRIMINAL OFFENCE .. Its the RIGHT of the Security agents to choose the time of ARREST"
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by ajbabs(m): 11:11am On Oct 09, 2016
Is this not Buhari?

3 Likes

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 09, 2016
Buhari is not bigger than Nigeria. Senate should start impeachment processes against him he is a danger to democracy

4 Likes

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by soberdrunk(m): 11:14am On Oct 09, 2016
Benita27:
@Soberdrunk, don't worry since you know due process shouldn't be observed in this country, when you're arrested by the Nigerian police without a reasonable reason for your arrest, don't complain cos karma is a biatch!. grin

If i had $1000 for every time i have been arrested wrongly in Nigeria i will buy Nairaland.........
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by ilynem(m): 11:14am On Oct 09, 2016
Legend87:

Can the DSS arrest buhari for also bribing this same judges over his certificate saga?
No they can't. Same reason they can't arrest Fayose and Wike right now. But when he leaves office, I will give them the thumbs up if they arrest him for bribery! Simple!
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by rabex123(m): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2016
ificatchmodeh:
Thank God..reasonable nigerians are speaking out..
Haaa..i for say..

Where are the zombies hailing this impunity..one. Was busy abusing his father over his illiteracy..
Shut abeg..
Only when d corrupt people are arrested that you will sufarce ...when people were killed and starved to death where was human right commotion.
Yeye dey smell
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by soberdrunk(m): 11:17am On Oct 09, 2016
slysteel:
Nairaland children,meanwhile they want a better Nigeria and they hope to achieve it without due process,old boy ,go and write your waec first.

If typed this comment from your banana island apartment then i will not hold it against you because "a dog is only loyal to who feeds it" go figure!
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by chronique(m): 11:18am On Oct 09, 2016
I don't pity them. I'm against the process. The way everything is being done portrays Nigeria as a lawless and unorganized society and that kind of society can only be classified as an animal farm. It's only in the jungle that there is no law/organized setting. Get my drift?
ilynem:

Na wa for you oh. So you pity their destroyed properties? Try and pity the people these corrupt judges have robbed of justice due to bribe Na. Nigerians like you are the reason we aren't moving forward. I pray you get into a court case with a rich politician.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by soberdrunk(m): 11:19am On Oct 09, 2016
Immatex:

You must be drunk not sober. How dare you say 'you cannot fight corruption with due process'
Are you so ignorant Can you excuse impunity on the alter of corruption And who is free You

If "impunity" is the solution to the "massive" corruption in Nigeria then i accept it like a chilled bottle of gulder on a sunny afternoon.........
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by ogwumgbe: 11:20am On Oct 09, 2016
ArabMopol:
step on toes as u said, is it when some section of Nigeria are given preferable treatment let's do it randomly... buhari is a turncoat, we Nigerians has short of remembering, we shouldn't forget in a hurry how he pass 300years jail sentence on Dr Alex Ekwueme the vice President but kept shagari his fellow fulani in house arrest with terms of retiring prematurely from political scene... u know dis anti corruption war is skeptical and selective, but u are just shying away from the truth... very bad for an adult like u to continuously
spewing trash from both sides of ur mouth

The Zoo is about to yakata. Nnamdi Kanu is right after all, the Country is a complete zoo that doesn't define the system of government it's practising. Oh God deliver your children the Biafrans from the mixture of descendants of Lucifer thrown from the sky and the Ishmaelite. You've punished us enough.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by mbjsuki(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2016
I'm with this government 110%. In fact, if my father is found guilty of any wrong doing that may undermine the progress of this country or her citizenry, please arrest him. Nobody should be seen untouchable or above the law.
Too many demi and semi gods in human forms in this country with high level of impunity , lawlessness yet reckless. For christ sake for how long should we and must we continue like this? Until they turn this country into a place or country like Colombia or like some part like Brazil? That our children can no longer be free to exercise their right or freedom of expression just because of the fear of one criminal Lord or kingpins.
America was worse than this. What did the government do to arrest the situation to the likes of Al Calpone ,Bugsy and the rest?
We must support this government IF there is a sincerity of purpose and focus. For the sake of our children and the future of those unborn. We can not continue to live like this and expect progress, far from it.

What is the judge doing with such an amount of money in his house?
How did he or was he able to build those mouth watering mansions?
Your son is not a Dry cleaner yet he comes home with different garment everyday and you're not asking questions!

Call me all sort of names, I care not, to those wailers that will be coming after me due to my write up.
Our country is in total mess and in a state of hopelessness to revive it starts now.
Ghana is better today because someone took the initiative.
Nigeria will be great again.
Long Live Nigeria of my dream!
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by soberdrunk(m): 11:20am On Oct 09, 2016
BERNIMOORE:
did you listen to yourself? setting aside the 'rule of law' is allien to practicing democracy, so lets go back to millitary rule, case closed, this is not how to practice democracy. shocked

So we should allow thieves hide behind "democracy' and enjoy our collective wealth why we suffer lack of 'basic' infrastructure?
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by soberdrunk(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2016
wiseoneking:
Then, it comes upon Tinubu, ok.

If it comes upon my own "father" and "mother" i still support it!!!
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by soberdrunk(m): 11:23am On Oct 09, 2016
kaka74:

Clap 4urself bro jst don't complain when we get to be like libya

Obviously you are not well informed about the Libyan situation........
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Legend87(m): 11:24am On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:

No they can't. Same reason they can't arrest Fayose and Wike right now. But when he leaves office, I will give them the thumbs up if they arrest him for bribery! Simple!

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Immatex(m): 11:25am On Oct 09, 2016
soberdrunk:

If "impunity" is the solution to the "massive" corruption in Nigeria then i accept it like a chilled bottle of gulder on a sunny afternoon.........

Let it be to you as you have wished.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2016
soberdrunk:
Why Is The Chief Of Army Staff Walking Free?

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by ogwumgbe: 11:25am On Oct 09, 2016
ilynem:
Watch all the wailers come out in this thread and spout rubbish. Democracy, rule of law, blah blah and yet they will fail to condemn the criminal judges for taking bribes. Someone is about to kill you, another comes and saves you by hitting the killer on the head with a stick and he passes out. Instead of you thanking him for saving your life, you say he should have followed due process by calling the police. Some of you are just dumb Sha.

Oh boy charity begins at home. He that comes to equity must have clean hands. Is he the president corruption free? What of his associates he has been shielding from corruption example Buratai and Danbazau? And you'd not tell me that he didn't intentionally manipulate the exchange rate to enrich his cronies. If you happen speak this your jaggon in my presence physically. You won't leave alive. Your likes are the reason this zoo government toy with their zombie followers like you of course

1 Like

Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by soberdrunk(m): 11:26am On Oct 09, 2016
light004:

Disobeying court orders is corruption...what do you say about that.

can corruption acts kill corruption. Abuse of power is corruption.

Even in the medical field harmful bacteria is used to fight a "more" deadly one, its all about the "greater good".
Re: Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets by kaka74: 11:27am On Oct 09, 2016
soberdrunk:

Obviously you are not well informed about the Libyan situation........

Loooools I came back from libya - tripoli (sal asam ) on july 17 dat tells me all I need to knw #be careful what u support

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Gallant Nigerian Soldier Killed In An Ambush While Fighting Boko Haram. Photos / The Only South-easterner In Aso Villa Is A Photographer - Senator Abaribe / Folorunsho Alakija Meets With Ibrahim Babangida In Minna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.