Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) (4479 Views)

Protests Against Corrupt Judges In Abuja (Photos) / Crackdown On Corrupt Judges: How BVN Gave Out Suspects’ Hidden Cash-the Vanguard / Three Times The FBI Arrested ‘Corrupt’ Judges In US Just Like The DSS-The Cable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by citizenjuwon(m): 10:00am On Oct 09, 2016
For people with genuine concerns on the mode of their arrest, your fears are well noted.... Bad eggs in every profession tend to bring embarrassment and disrepute to such organization.
Oh! I remember listening to a keynote address by Justice kayode Eso back then in IFE.
He chronicled how he refused to allow colleagues and families with vested interest in any case he's handling visit him. A judge have no business receiving any gratification whatsoever, because of its odious implications.
I refer you to the press release of the DSS, they simply conducted a sting operation and about 4 judges swallowed the bait.
such operations must be followed up with swift arrest.

I know NBA may already be working on how to quash this very important judicial cleansing on the basis of technicalities.

It's painful, Judiciary is too hallow to be left in the hands of crooks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by kcnwaigbo: 10:02am On Oct 09, 2016
citizenjuwon:
For people with genuine concerns on the mode of their arrest, your fears are well noted.... Bad eggs in every profession tend to bring embarrassment and disrepute to such organization.
Oh! I remember listening to a keynote address by Justice kayode Eso back then in IFE.
He chronicled how he refused to allow colleagues and families with vested interest in any case he's handling visit him. A judge have no business receiving any gratification whatsoever, because of its odious implications.
I refer you to the press release of the DSS, they simply conducted a sting operation and about 4 judges swallowed the bait.
such operations must be followed up with swift arrest.

I know NBA may already be working on how to quash this very important judicial cleansing on the basis of technicalities.

It's painful, Judiciary is too hallow to be left in the hands of crooks.
Bros I am still waiting for proof that these judges are corrupt. Enough of these your bullshit
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by kcnwaigbo: 10:05am On Oct 09, 2016
citizenjuwon:

My brother do you even know what a sting operation is?
Did you even read the press release from DSS?
I think you need to be in tune with the tempo of this matter to have a balanced opinion.
Where in the press statement did they provide proof of corruption? So it is now a crime to own money or properties? You people deluded, these judges will make a mincemeat of the DSS in court
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:05am On Oct 09, 2016
989900:
You can keep money at home, but you must be able to justify its source.
a judge that has spent over 2 decades in the legal system ....... I pity your reasoning matching full

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by 989900: 10:20am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

[s]Why didn't they invite them to clarify? Why are they even using the word "recover".Do you recover someone's money from him? The DSS would be sorry when this case gets to court[/s]
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by 989900: 10:22am On Oct 09, 2016
BUHARIISCURSED:

[s]a judge that has spent over 2 decades in the legal system ....... I pity your reasoning matching full[/s]

. . . the moment when a ret@rd opens 'its' stinking gut.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by ALISMILE(m): 10:24am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
So what made the judges to be corrupt? When did it become a crime to keep money at home?
Why did the NJC compulsorily retire some judges?

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by citizenjuwon(m): 10:40am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Bros I am still waiting for proof that these judges are corrupt. Enough of these your bullshit
You can't get proof sitting in your house, glued to your phone. Follow them to court by next week, make sure you sit in front row. Whenever you hear the prosecution councel saying "my lord, permit me to present this exhibit before your lordship". Bring out your phone and snap. That's how to get proof.
Thanks.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by stuffs4me(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Where in the press statement did they provide proof of corruption? So it is now a crime to own money or properties? You people deluded, these judges will make a mincemeat of the DSS in court

But the president and the DSS are too st'vpid to realise that.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by citizenjuwon(m): 10:42am On Oct 09, 2016
ALISMILE:
Very important question.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by sonofluc1fer: 10:45am On Oct 09, 2016
stuffs4me:

But the president and the DSS are too stupid to realise that.
And you, with the keyboard and mouse know better. There is a lot going on, I'd rather wait till Monday or whenever the judges are arraigned before I draw conclusions.

3 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by ALISMILE(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

continue to ur thief thief brothers. But we remain solidly with Buhari on this issue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by kcnwaigbo: 11:06am On Oct 09, 2016
citizenjuwon:

You can't get proof sitting in your house, glued to your phone. Follow them to court by next week, make sure you sit in front row. Whenever you hear the prosecution councel saying "my lord, permit me to present this exhibit before your lordship". Bring out your phone and snap. That's how to get proof.
Thanks.
But you have already declared them corrupt even without hearing from them.SMH for you
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by kcnwaigbo: 11:08am On Oct 09, 2016
ALISMILE:
So was any of the arrested judges affected by the NJC sanctions? Were the ones retired sanctioned for keeping money at home?
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by citizenjuwon(m): 11:30am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Why didn't they invite them to clarify? Why are they even using the word "recover".Do you recover someone's money from him? The DSS would be sorry when this case gets to court
You can not invite a suspect during a sting operation, such suspect will definitely destroy your evidence and you will be sorry!
I doubt If you know what a sting operation is.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by jaxxy(m): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Why didn't they invite them to clarify? Why are they even using the word "recover".Do you recover someone's money from him? The DSS would be sorry when this case gets to court

The truth is that they can not get fat money by legal means and u know it. It's definitely tied to favors taken to twist justice since it's not drug money. If it's legal money or their fathers inheritance they shud explain the business dey did and the withdrawals from where they were paid in their accounts/legal papers for it or they now do their large legal business by move large sums of cash about? Any good lawyer will convict these criminals I tell u.

2 Likes

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by citizenjuwon(m): 11:47am On Oct 09, 2016
jaxxy:

The truth is that they can not get fat money by legal means and u know it. It's definitely tied to favors taken to twist justice since it's not drug money. If it's legal money or their fathers inheritance they shud explain the business dey did and the withdrawals from where they were paid in their accounts/legal papers for it or they now do their large legal business by move large sums of cash about? Any good lawyer will convict these criminals I tell u.
Well said bro.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by SalomonKane: 12:02pm On Oct 09, 2016
kcnwaigbo:
So what made the judges to be corrupt? When did it become a crime to keep money at home?
Jesus! With this kind of thinking no wonder we are where we are in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by mu2sa2: 1:38pm On Oct 09, 2016
Those of you posting trash supporting Nba and condemning Dss are ignorant of the fact that these shameless/criminal SANs are the ones acting as go-between for corrupt judges, collecting bribes from litigants and ferrying the cash to judges at home. Dss has been monitoring them and waited for the most opportune moment to strike. Njc is also part of the problem - instead of dismissing and ordering prosecution of rotten judges (despite overwhelming, irrefutable evidence of corruption ) they give them a pat on the back by recommending compulsory retirement!

1 Like

Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by psucc(m): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
I have tried to scan through these comments but haven't got an answer.

If DSS is so sure of the amount the had discover, let them heap the money so that journalists can take a snap.

For those clamouring for the head of the judges and justices, do you think about these:
1. Aisha Buhari's single handbag costs about N45m
2. Just las week, it was rumoured that our own '1st daughter' is using a necklace worth about N200k+

3. With our president having to borrow money to buy nomination form in DEC 2014, how comes the grew so rich within one 2years?

Supporting a leader does not imply every action of he leader good or bad is right.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
Pidggin:

No it's not, I just have a problem with believing everything I hear especially after cases against Saraki, Ekweremadu on forgery and Dieziani's case on corruption were struck off. I hope you see my point
Liar! The forgery case against Saraki and Ekweremadu was not struck out, but withdrawn by the the plaintiff, the FG. Na so una go dey lie, dey deceive una sef.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by AZeD1(m): 10:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
jaxxy:

Well Burantai has properties in Dubai and we know his salary couldn't have paid for that.
I'm not saying the judges are not corrupt but if you want to base your judgement on the amount of money found in their homes, then Burantai has a very big bulls eye on his back.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by jaxxy(m): 8:05am On Oct 10, 2016
AZeD1:

Well Burantai has properties in Dubai and we know his salary couldn't have paid for that.
I'm not saying the judges are not corrupt but if you want to base your judgement on the amount of money found in their homes, then Burantai has a very big bulls eye on his back.

I agree Buhari is shielding sm of corrupt people like burutai. Tho he claimed it Ws from his savings.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by pchukwudi: 8:29am On Oct 10, 2016
Before you continue peddling this crap, can you just DEFINE what you call "string operation" and what the "judges swallowed"? Or just quit trying to sound intellingent when you have zero clue what you're talking about.

citizenjuwon:

Keeping money at home is not a crime. A sting operations was carried out and about four judges swallowed the bait, that is a criminal offense.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by durangokid: 8:42am On Oct 10, 2016
psucc:

If DSS is so sure of the amount the had discover, let them heap the money so that journalists can take a snap.

For those clamouring for the head of the judges and justices, do you think about these:
2. Just las week, it was rumoured that our own '1st daughter' is using a necklace worth about N200k+

3. With our president having to borrow money to buy nomination form in DEC 2014, how comes the grew so rich within one 2years?

Supporting a leader does not imply every action of he leader good or bad is right.
I have come to notice that those who are supporting the dictatorial tendencies of the present government is those who felt that they have conquered the south before I used to think they are from the sophisticated south I am beginning to notice they are our mostly Islamic and Arabic language graduates from the north, who always hide under our sophisticated brothers to cause crisis, you don't blame them, they have captured Nigeria the will always think with the negative part of their brains .
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by durangokid: 8:44am On Oct 10, 2016
AZeD1:

YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by citizenjuwon(m): 12:16pm On Oct 10, 2016
pchukwudi:
Before you continue peddling this crap, can you just DEFINE what you call "string operation" and what the "judges swallowed"? Or just quit trying to sound intellingent when you have zero clue what you're talking about.

Your moniker clearly shows your possible leaning on this matter.
However, According to DSS report (channels tv), a particular judge was caught on tape receiving a bribe for a middle-man at a store.
That is a sting operation and the middle-man delivered a bait (money), and the judge received (swallowed) it.
I will not spoon feed you next time.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by crimeboss: 12:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
Pidggin:
Anyone with over a million is now a thief?

A judge who has spent over twenty five years in active service should be poor ko, he cannot have such amount abi? Let us not forget this so soon, only one of Aisha's handbags is worth N40m, Smh
it's the mentality of a never do well to believe somebody that has an exalted law degree which laboured for to be in a pathetic state as he is, check their salary structures and benefits, and anybody jealous they are comfortable than them, it's just a matter of get ur education cause it's free in some states and getting a degree including the president.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by pchukwudi: 1:03pm On Oct 10, 2016
You just swallowed the bait and exposed your arrogance.

Just look here:

1. Was EACH of the 7 abducted judges nailed in the string operations?

2. If DSS is honest why did it go to a wrong residence in PH and still had the guts to lie and speculate about it?

3.How come the assult on Judges (and their family members) were not included in your definition of "string operations"?

4. What stopped DSS from quietly presenting their so called evidences to the NJC and requesting for immediate suspension or dismissal of the erring judges BEFORE these serial abductions?

5. Proof of inteligence starts with the ability to separate concepts of different species. Thus, I'm able to know that there are differences between survillence, invasion, assault and abduction.

Finally, intelligence agency like the DSS may get away with their survillence elsewhere, but it's only in Nigeria that they can think of getting away with unwarranted invassion, assault and abduction of senior judges. After all, a sitting governor was abducted in Anambra state years back and nothing happened.

citizenjuwon:

Your moniker clearly shows your possible leaning on this matter.
However, According to DSS report (channels tv), a particular judge was caught on tape receiving a bribe for a middle-man at a store.
That is a sting operation and the middle-man delivered a bait (money), and the judge received (swallowed) it.
I will not spoon feed you next time.
Re: Arrest Of Corrupt Judges: Shame On NBA (Pics) by rusher14: 11:43am On Oct 11, 2016
psucc:

Please provide receipts just as sahara reporters would .

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Moves To Compensate Tinubu With Ministerial Position From Lagos, Others / Nnamdi Kanu Should Surrender And Handover Himself To The Military / In Politics, After God Fear Yorubaman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.