Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next (1432 Views)

60th Birthday Of Mike Ozekhome: Patience & Goodluck Jonathan, Ekweremadu Spotted / Rats Invasion: Buhari Is The Worst President Ever - Mike Ozekhome / #ObaOfBeninDeath: Mike Ozekhome Shaves Hair (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by MadeInTokyo: 3:17pm On Oct 09, 2016
Raiding of Judges, Dictatorship in full swing in Nigeria , the Media will be raided next - Mike Ozekhome

Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Mike Ozekhome has said the Department of State Services (DSS) will clampdown on the media soon.
Ozekhome said this in reaction to the arrest of some judges by the DSS on Saturday, October 8, 2016.

A cross section of lawyers have condemned the action of the security agency, describing it as a way of intimidating the judiciary.

Speaking further on the DSS actions, Ozekhome also said [b]“I am not surprised. I am rather surprised that some Nigerians are still surprised. Some of us warned, wrote, preached and talked. But, we were ignored due to political partisanship. A leopard cannot change its spots. It started with political opponents and the opposition. Some of us cried out. Then, they moved against some very senior and well-respected lawyers. Some clapped.

“They said it was anti-corruption. We cried out. It extended quickly to the National Assembly, another arm of government. Many described the government as tough, no-nonsense and anti-corruption-inclined. Some of us warned. Now, it is the judiciary. Up to the very apex court of the land, the Supreme Court, has been targeted and is now being intimidated and humiliated.

“Virtually all the judges are southerners. My prediction is that the media will be the next. The recent onslaught against the judiciary signals great danger to our democracy, freedom, human rights, independence of the judiciary and the doctrine of separation of powers as espoused in 1748 by the great French philosopher, Baron De Montesquieu.

“We are supposed to be operating a constitutional democracy, not military dictatorship or tyrannical absolutism. Governor Wike was almost shot dead by fully armed DSS operatives. His “offence” was that he came to rescue a Federal High Court judge who was being abducted. Other serving judges, who would ordinarily respond to a mere phone call, are being humiliated and rounded up in the ungodly hours of the night, like common criminals.”[/b]

Governor Nyesom Wike was reportedly harassed while trying to stop DSS operatives from arresting a Federal High Court judge in Rivers state.

http://pulse.ng/local/mike-ozekhome-lawyer-says-dss-will-clampdown-on-media-next-id5584210.html

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by passionate88: 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
The 'sophisticated' ones will never learn

6 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Abeymills(m): 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2016
Buhari u surround urslf jst like u very fantastically corrupt powerful pipu in authority u turn d democracy n rule of law dat brot u 2 power in 2 buharicracy inec dss army police now partisan all those who critize u ar corrupt but those who sing ur praise n cheer u up supporting u even though they ar caught lootin u look d other way

6 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Tremor007: 3:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Buhari is going paranoid and I kind of like that why? He will soon be taught a bitter lesson if he dares the media already 2019 is away from APC with his autocratic tendencies so far

6 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by TPAND(f): 3:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
Buhari's anti-corruption campaign is just another propaganda to distract us from our ailing economy.

9 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by ificatchmodeh: 3:36pm On Oct 09, 2016
It's a pity..nigerians are the ones calling for dictatorship..and when it comes..hope we won't cry foul.

Some nigerians are really celebrating this...
I wish. Them luck

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by maryjan8(f): 3:41pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Franchise21(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2016
grin
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by EternalTruths: 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
Afonjas good morning

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by rusher14: 3:52pm On Oct 09, 2016
I can bet anyone Ozekhome is involved in this bribery for judgement issue.

Watch this space.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Tallesty1(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
passionate88:
The 'sophisticated' ones will never learn
Lols.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by todayboy: 3:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
After media the next will be naairaland and Twitter kids

Who support the monster called buhari

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 09, 2016
May God deliver us from this wind of negative change that is blowing.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by mazifrankmore: 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2016
T
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Nobody: 4:19pm On Oct 09, 2016
The lawyers who sustained their livelihood through corrupt practices are complaining.

4 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by ERONX(m): 4:20pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2016
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Justindeco: 4:34pm On Oct 09, 2016
from disobeying court order to arresting judges and yoruba media is hailing and covering him with integrit nonsence. If buhari lose election i m sure he will arrest INEC chairman and tag it corruption.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Luckylife(m): 4:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
Finally it will get to the arrest of zombies when he those who opposed him have been arrested.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by vengertime: 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2016
Buhari is digging his own grave. ICC will hang him soon.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
What media? They've been famzing the media with rice and kpomo so they won't have any issue with them.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 09, 2016
Justindeco:
from disobeying court order to arresting judges and yoruba media is hailing and covering him with integrit nonsence. If buhari lose election i m sure he will arrest INEC chairman and tag it corruption.

Dont mind them. They are doing that because of Osinbajo. They think he stands a chance of replacing buhari after his tenure.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by ourema(f): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2016
I know that for sure that the media will be the next culprit making it a reality that 2019 will surely be for APC. In reality whoever in charge of power now can decide to rule as long as he or she wants. The glaring truth is that GEJ had all the power as black African president to use the power as a black man but some how he decided to hand over power to the opposition.
Truly he could have damned all consequences and still remains in power but he decided to make that phone call.
This is why I will forever respect GEJ
God bless GEJ
God bless Nigeria
God bless me

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by naijaforlife: 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2016
Listening to the so called SAN-Ozekhome on Channels TV Sunday morning programme some few months ago made him lost my respect. His failed and lame attempt to defend the senate forgery allegation against another lawyer - one Mr. Ogunye or something makes me think the so called SAN title is a hype because he was floored flat. His recent support for unpopular and tainted cases like those involving Fayose makes me feel he is not only partisan but may know something about this current issue as mentioned by one of the earlier comments. If the report in this post is true, imagine the SAN mentioning that most of those judges arrested are southerners tells a lot about him.

1 Like

Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by bendutch(m): 5:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
rusher14:

Watch this space.
You guys will never learn. what bulhari did was a show of shame. Why support rubbish?
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by Redoil: 5:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by kaltonga: 6:03pm On Oct 09, 2016
rusher14:

Watch this space.
so for your village nobody dey ever talk true.
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by gafadove(m): 6:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
Hmmmm this generation again in the hand of this man
Re: Mike Ozekhome Lawyer Says DSS Will Clampdown On Media Next by 0jukwufrank: 6:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
EternalTruths:
Afonjas good morning

Flat head spotted.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Crash Panic Hits Mavrodians, As MMM Nigeria Freezes All Members' Money / Biafra: Jubilation As Ipob Igweocha Inaugurates ALUU ZONE 2 / This Is Why Efcc Can't Win In The Court!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.