Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,377 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? (3964 Views)

I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) / Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy / When Your Wife Is Taller Than You And You Need Support To Kiss Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2016
A friend and colleague of mine at work bought a Toyota Camry early this year. Ever since he bought the car, he has only driven it to work twice.

I inquired recently, to know why he doesn't use the car to come to work, since his residence is far from the workplace. He told me that his wife is the one who uses the car; that he only drives on Sundays...probably, taking the family to church. He wanted sufficient comfort for his wife and kids. To him, he could sort his way out even if it means getting up early to wait at the bus stand.

How many men would do this if there's just one car?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Dyt(f): 9:32pm On Oct 09, 2016
Aproko
Eke
Advice him to take it from her na
Kilo kan e

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by eyinjuege: 9:54pm On Oct 09, 2016
Ok
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by LieDetector(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2016
There's absolutely nothing wrong in that.... Love leads

5 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by eyinjuege: 9:56pm On Oct 09, 2016
So many things people find confusing about the way others choose to live their lives.

A lot of men do actually think like your colleague.

I guess everyone's priorities are different. The reason some of us work is to provide maximum comfort for our children, and afford them some basic necessities.

If the mother is the one who spends maximum time with the children, and does the school runs, it makes sense for her to be the one driving the car more.

Once there's a single family car, the use of the car should be prioritized. I'm sure if your friend has an important meeting where he has to represent, he will go with the car, snd the wife can use a taxi to pick the children up from school, and can also use public transport to her own place of work.

There are some families that one spouse always drops the other at work before going to his/her own office and always picks them back on the way home. Other arrangements may be in place to pick up the kids like school bus and a nanny waiting at home for the kids.
Some people who live on the mainland in Lagos and work on the island would rather go with public transport like the brt because of the crazy traffic, so the car is automatically used by the one that works closer to home.
There can be so many reasons why the car is being used by his significant other.

Nothing to lose sleep over, and it's just a car.
There's no big deal in using public transport.

19 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 09, 2016
Op your colleague is a caring husband.. Such men I admire, even though I have my own car oo, as a single lady before peeps will say I dey wait for husband to buy car for me.. Lol
I have two married ladies whose husbands bought car for the family but they are the ones driving it with the kids.. While their husbands takes bus, except on special occasions he had to meet certain important clients that requires he shows up with a car but apart from that? Their wives drives the cars.
I wonder where they got such husbands from.

But if it's my car? Some guys wooing can't wait tocollect it from me.. I then wonder if am marri3d to any of them, am screwed for life...smhhh. op your colleague is one the rare breed of husband out there.. Trust me.. Kudos to him.. When a man cares for his wife and children's needs above his. God bless him the more.

12 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 10:09pm On Oct 09, 2016
Dyt:
Aproko
Eke
Advice him to take it from her na
Kilo kan e
It is good people remain silent when they don't comprehend issues. Where in the post did I say I'm against his decision? I'm just trying to use his decision to compare the attitude of some men I have seen who would never allow their wives to drive, even for once.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2016
Amelian:
Op your colleague is a caring husband.. Such men I admire, even though I have my own car oo, as a single lady before peeps will say I dey wait for husband to buy car for me.. Lol
I have two married ladies whose husbands bought car for the family but they are the ones driving it with the kids.. While their husbands takes bus, except on special occasions he had to meet certain important clients that requires he shows up with a car but apart from that? Their wives drives the cars.
I wonder where they got such husbands from.

But if it's my car? Some guys wooing can't wait tocollect it from me.. I then wonder if am marri3d to any of them, am screwed for life...smhhh. op your colleague is one the rare breed of husband out there.. Trust me.. Kudos to him.. When a man cares for his wife and children's needs above his. God bless him the more.
Thank you very much, my sister. I posted this because a lot of men in the part of the country I reside in find it difficult to do this. They would rather drive to work and allow their wives and children trek under the scorching sun! Some would never compromise the car key even if their office is located in the next street.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 09, 2016
Rapmoney:
Thank you very much, my sister. I posted this because a lot of men in the part of the country I reside in find it difficult to do this. They would rather drive to work and allow their wives and children trek under the scorching sun! Some would never compromise the car key even if their office is located in the next street.

I see such married men on my close too....one of them was driving and I saw the wife with her 3kids and she climbed Okada with the 3beautiful kids, I was like wtf..but some couples are used to it.. Everyone couple with their own ways.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 10:44pm On Oct 09, 2016
Amelian:

I see such married men on my close too....one of them was driving and I saw the wife with her 3kids and she climbed Okada with the 3beautiful kids, I was like wtf..but some couples are used to it.. Everyone couple with their own ways.
True. It depends on the value a man places on his family.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by raumdeuter: 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2016
This is very normal

6 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2016
raumdeuter:
This is very normal
Bros, look well. It's not a normal thing among many Nigerian men o! wink

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Florblu(f): 11:29pm On Oct 09, 2016
Emulate your friend.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by MMotimo: 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2016
This is getting very serious. Is this what Naija gals are dealing with
People, please endeavor to show your sister, niece, daughter, goddaughter the good life before they get married
If she had been driving from her father's house, maybe she would not be facing this
Next thing, someone will ask if anyone in her family tree had ever bought a car before
Why in the world should anyone think it odd that a man would put his family's comfort ahead of his own?
Do people not know that being the head entails more sacrifices and discomfort to yourself as the head?
That is what leadership is about, it's often about serving not just being bossman
It's about volunteering for the hard choices so that your wife and kids don't have to

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by ifyalways(f): 4:59am On Oct 10, 2016
How is this strange or new? This is actually the norm! , or at least in my own world.

The only car, best car( in terms of safety, operation and efficiency) is for the wife and children ;the considerate husband and best daddy manual 1800.

9 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by EfemenaXY: 5:27am On Oct 10, 2016
By their questions ye shalt knowest them.

@ op: the fact that you find the actions of a man placing the comfort of his wife and kids above his strange tells a lot about your sort of person.

Pls don't get married any time soon.

13 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by EfemenaXY: 5:28am On Oct 10, 2016
MMotimo:
This is getting very serious. Is this what Naija gals are dealing with
People, please endeavor to show your sister, niece, daughter, goddaughter the good life before they get married
If she had been driving from her father's house, maybe she would not be facing this
Next thing, someone will ask if anyone in her family tree had ever bought a car before
Why in the world should anyone think it odd that a man would put his family's comfort ahead of his own?
Do people not know that being the head entails more sacrifices and discomfort to yourself as the head?
That is what leadership is about, it's often about serving not just being bossman
It's about volunteering for the hard choices so that your wife and kids don't have to

Precisely.

Too many kids in this section.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 5:33am On Oct 10, 2016
ifyalways:
How is this strange or new? This is actually the norm! , or at least in my own world.

The only car, best car( in terms of safety, operation and efficiency) is for the wife and children ;the considerate husband and best daddy manual 1800.
You guys are getting it wrong. I'm not saying my friend has done badly. There are many men out there you wouldn't do such. I'm trying to make a comparison. Let's not be blinded here. The fact is that the number of men that wouldn't allow their wives access to the cars far outweighs those that would, but out of sentiments, we just pretend that it doesn't happen that way. Both of us know many Nigerian men don't give their wives access to the only car in the home. Good morning.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by armyofone(m): 5:38am On Oct 10, 2016
No, what he did was very wrong. Madam should be trekking and making use of her legs. Very disrespectful for the Lord of the house and he should divorce her.

Rapmoney:
A friend and colleague of mine at work bought a Yoyota Camry early this year. Ever since he bought the car, he has only driven it to work twice.
I inquired recently, to know why he doesn't use the car to come to work, since his residence is far from the workplace. He told me that his wife is the one who uses the car; that he only drives on Sundays...probably, taking the family to church. He wanted sufficient comfort for his wife and kids. To him, he could sort his way out even if it means getting up early to wait at the bus stand.
How many men would do this if there's just one car?
Smh.

Access husband's car ? grin I don't understand the nig society...why can't women be able to go to a dealership and buy any car they want eh?
Rapmoney:
You guys are getting it wrong. I'm not saying my friend has done badly. There are many men out there you wouldn't do such. I'm trying to make a comparison. Let's not be blinded here. The fact is that the number of men that wouldn't allow their wives access to the cars far outweighs those that would, but out of sentiments, we just pretend that it doesn't happen that way. Both of us know many Nigerian men don't give their wives access to the only car in the home. Good morning.

7 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 5:40am On Oct 10, 2016
EfemenaXY:
By their questions ye shalt knowest them.

@ op: the fact that you find the actions of a man placing the comfort of his wife and kids above his strange tells a lot about your sort of person.

Pls don't get married any time soon.
I thought as an old member on this forum and an adult, you would understand, but here we are. You didn't even understand my point of view. I don't consider what my colleague has done strange or abnormal. I'm using the general attitude of many men in the southern part of Nigeria as a comparison here. In fact, not just southern Nigeria but the society at large. You attack me because I asked this simple question on a public forum? How many of the men you know that do deny their wives access to the cars in the home have you been able to attack? I believe you know some that live in your neighbourhood. Have you attacked them?

2 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by ifyalways(f): 5:42am On Oct 10, 2016
Rapmoney:
I'm not pretending and I don't know where you stay . I have just shared my OWN opinion gathered from experiences in my environment.

Thank you.

8 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by EfemenaXY: 5:44am On Oct 10, 2016
Rapmoney:
I thought as an old member on this forum and an adult, you would understand, but here we are. You didn't even understand my point of view. I don't consider what my colleague has done strange or abnormal. I'm using the general attitude of many men in the southern part of Nigeria as a comparison here. In fact, not just southern Nigeria but the society at large. You attack me because I asked this simple question on a public forum? How many of the men you know that do deny their wives access to the cars in the home have you been able to attack? I believe you know some that live in your neighbourhood. Have you attacked them?

Er...I wouldn't know what happens in other people's homes as I don't stick my nose in their affairs.

You could try minding your own business for a change. How about that?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 5:44am On Oct 10, 2016
Why the aggressiveness and attack on the OP.
Calm down and read his post, this time without bias...he was/is obviously in support of the man's action.
Una no dey waste time to launch attack...
Nawa o

@OP, it's normal to some men_ it isn't normal to others.
I have a friend whose husband has refused to teach her how to drive because she would be dragging car with him (they have just 1 car), that was exactly how he put it.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by EfemenaXY: 5:45am On Oct 10, 2016
armyofone:
No, what he did was very wrong. Madam should be trekking and making use of her legs. Very disrespectful for the Lord of the house and he should divorce her.

Smh.

Access husband's car ? grin I don't understand the nig society...why can't a woman be able to go to a dealership to buy any car she wants ?

Chei! grin grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 5:46am On Oct 10, 2016
ifyalways:

I'm not pretending and I don't know where you stay . I have just shared my OWN opinion gathered from experiences in my environment.

Thank you.
You probably don't live in Nigeria. I believe your environment is not different except you want to tell me of few male family members of yours or other acquaintances that give their wives full access to the only car in the home.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by EfemenaXY: 5:49am On Oct 10, 2016
Rapmoney:
You probably don't live in Nigeria. I believe your environment is not different except you want to tell me of few male family members of yours or other acquaintances that give their wives full access to the only car in the home.

This really does bite you, doesn't it?

Go on. Admit it.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by armyofone(m): 5:51am On Oct 10, 2016
Na wah o...such backward pivot for oga on top.

I modified my post grin

EfemenaXY:

Chei! grin grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by ifyalways(f): 5:52am On Oct 10, 2016
Rapmoney:
I live in Nigeria.

Just quit with your unfounded generalisation abeg or stop mentioning me biko.

Bye!

8 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 5:53am On Oct 10, 2016
PaperLace:
Why the aggressiveness and attack on the OP.
Calm down and read his post, this time without bias...he was/is obviously in support of the man's action.
Una no dey waste time to launch attack...
Nawa o

@OP, it's normal to some men_ it isn't normal to others.
I have a friend whose husband has refused to teach her how to drive because she would be dragging car with him (they have just 1 car), that was exactly how he put it.
Thank God I have someone who understands my post. In fact, I even admire the love and care my colleague has for his wife. Though, I'm not married...I have one car now. When I get married and my wife doesn't have a car of her own, I see no reason why she shouldn't drive my car when she wants to. If she doesn't know how to drive, I will teach her personally.

Many of the people who have dropped comments are just pretending as if they don't know what happens in different homes where the man is the only one that drives. There are even homes with more than one car but the man drives all of them alone!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 5:55am On Oct 10, 2016
ifyalways:

I live in Nigeria.

Just quit with your unfounded generalisation abeg or stop mentioning me biko.

Bye!
Thank you, madam. Good morning to you.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 5:59am On Oct 10, 2016
EfemenaXY:

Er...I wouldn't know what happens in other people's homes as I don't stick my nose in their affairs.

You could try minding your own business for a change. How about that?
Read again. I'm not against anyone leaving the family car for their wife.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by PrettyClare7(f): 6:57am On Oct 10, 2016
my mum used the only car in my own home for school run and her work + family errands. dad used the car once in a while till he got another 3 yrs later.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Child Slavery And Abuse / She Locks Her Phone / OUR Genotype Results With Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.