Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? (3971 Views)

I Have Been Sleeping With Your Wife – Man Tells Neighbour (pics) / Man Kills Big Catfish For His Wife To Celebrate The Birth Of Their Baby Boy / When Your Wife Is Taller Than You And You Need Support To Kiss Her (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by babyfaceafrica: 7:32pm On Oct 10, 2016
So what's special there?
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by aghaibiam(f): 9:23pm On Oct 10, 2016
This thread brought me out of anonymous mode.My husband and I used to work in different states and we both had our personal cars.We managed to get transfer to the same base and my car had to be sold to augment what we had as savings and relocated with our 3 kids.We work in the same ministry but different units.He works 8-5 and i run shifts which includes night watch.How do we manage the car which is now no longer his car but the family car?
When i am on morning shift,we go to work and come home together.When i am on night shift,he commutes by taxi while i drive to work in the evening.I hand the car keys to him and he drives home with it.When i close in the morning,i find my way home by taxi while he drives the car home.I use the car on weekends to work because i work sat/sun too.
We were able to access a reasonable amount of money via coop loan and i so wanted to replace the sold car but guess what? I spoke sense to myself and we ended up getting a plot of land instead.Its byebye to my dream car for now but it will be worth it in future.
Our kids school a few metres away from the house so they trek to school daily(5 mins) max.There are days when the arrangement breaks down i.e special office duties and i end up going days by taxi but I am grateful we work things out.I am sure of one thing,as we progress in our career,every thing good will come including the automatic car i long for each day.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
Timbuktou:

Oya na, she must then compensate somehow, because who can say no to a well-presented request con?! I surrender o.

Well, I've been condemned as not capable of romance in the past and I now wear it like a badge of honour. I'm all about the gestures really, tangible and valuable.

I think I will go with the kids where the issue of money is concerned. Even my mother cannot be trusted with money. Try asking for it back and hear the story of creation more detailed than Moses's rendition.

And it gets worse for you guys o! grin
Yesterday morning, I started my car and saw that I had only 37 miles DTE
Went back inside and "stole" ogas car keys and took off
This morning I have a full tank again cheesy
E she she bere grin grin grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 3:37pm On Oct 12, 2016
tearoses:

And it gets worse for you guys o! grin
Yesterday morning, I started my car and saw that I had only 37 miles DTE
Went back inside and "stole" ogas car keys and took off
This morning I have a full tank again cheesy
E she she bere grin grin grin

Lol. That one no mean anything na. Was he angry, no be to just buy fuel put inside? I bet he wasn't, maybe, unless you drive a Nissan Micra grin, I hate small cars.

I would even take the opportunity to drive around in it and see what needs fixing. I'm sure he "takes advantage" of you in other ways that would be seen as an inconvenience if someone else did it. Me, I'd most likely just smile and shake my head.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
Timbuktou:

Lol. That one no mean anything na. Was he angry, no be to just buy fuel put inside? I bet he wasn't, maybe, unless you drive a Nissan Micra grin, I hate small cars.

I would even take the opportunity to drive around in it and see what needs fixing. I'm sure he "takes advantage" of you in other ways that would be seen as an inconvenience if someone else did it. Me, I'd most likely just smile and shake my head.

Dont worry . . .all the nissan micras in the world are currently at Iwo road in IB
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
tearoses:

the downside . . .Its got a personalised reg, but its a unisex name so I guess he doesn't mind too much
If it were to be Kate or Ifeoma, then there would be a problem grin
Don't tell me your real name is David. Oh, you said unisex, maybe some "Tunde"? grin

Dont worry . . .all the nissan micras in the world are currently at Iwo road in IB
Touché. Which could also mean you've got one under wraps right there in Ib. grin.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 12, 2016
Timbuktou:

Don't tell me your real name is David. Oh, you said unisex, maybe some "Tunde"? grin

Touché. Which could also mean you've got one under wraps right there in Ib. grin.

You are too quick
unquote me jare
It could be anything from tayo, femi, yemi, bisi, ade, ola, tope, tolu, yele, shayo, dami, tokunbo, bimbo, toyin . . . . . .
Girl dey bear kayode and boy dey bear toyin

Yes na
Grandma in her micra
You never see anything yet grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
tearoses:

You are too quick
unquote me jare
It could be anything from tayo, femi, yemi, bisi, ade, ola, tope, tolu, yele, shayo, dami, tokunbo, bimbo, toyin . . . . . .
Girl dey bear kayode and boy dey bear toyin

Yes na
Grandma in her micra
You never see anything yet grin

Hehehe, I'm having a conversation in politics so I see your replies soon as they come in. There's a reason why I went with Tuns, but I'll go with Tolumba since that's more you these days anyway. Let me stick to the script.

Nissan needs to do a "Micra Concert" or "Micra Carnival" in Ib. That town is awash with those nifty little cars. They should show some appreciation.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
Timbuktou:

Hehehe, I'm having a conversation in politics so I see your replies soon as they come in. There's a reason why I went with Tuns, but I'll go with Tolumba since that's more you these days anyway. Let me stick to the script.

Nissan needs to do a "Micra Concert" or "Micra Carnival" in Ib. That town is awash with those nifty little cars. They should show some appreciation.

I'm sure you are fighting there cool

Please don't suggest a micra festival
Its bad enough already
Every brush we have had in IB was with a micra angry
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
tearoses:

I'm sure you are fighting there cool

Please don't suggest a micra festival
Its bad enough already
Every brush we have had in IB was with a micra angry

Nah, I'm my usually gentlemanly self. I only dash people what they ask for. grin.

Well, Nissan has to show gratitude. Ib could really be rechristened MicraTown. Did you manage to catch any or the scratchers/bashers? Or did they just beg Lagos-style? Those your village people drive as if they don't see other road users.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Rapmoney(m): 7:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
aghaibiam:
This thread brought me out of anonymous mode.My husband and I used to work in different states and we both had our personal cars.We managed to get transfer to the same base and my car had to be sold to augment what we had as savings and relocated with our 3 kids.We work in the same ministry but different units.He works 8-5 and i run shifts which includes night watch.How do we manage the car which is now no longer his car but the family car?
When i am on morning shift,we go to work and come home together.When i am on night shift,he commutes by taxi while i drive to work in the evening.I hand the car keys to him and he drives home with it.When i close in the morning,i find my way home by taxi while he drives the car home.I use the car on weekends to work because i work sat/sun too.
We were able to access a reasonable amount of money via coop loan and i so wanted to replace the sold car but guess what? I spoke sense to myself and we ended up getting a plot of land instead.Its byebye to my dream car for now but it will be worth it in future.
Our kids school a few metres away from the house so they trek to school daily(5 mins) max.There are days when the arrangement breaks down i.e special office duties and i end up going days by taxi but I am grateful we work things out.I am sure of one thing,as we progress in our career,every thing good will come including the automatic car i long for each day.
Your post is really inspiring! It is very good couples work things out in situations like yours. Some men do not consider the fact that other members of the family (wife and kids) need comfort and convenience too.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by hoodboy(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
On a personal note/conviction, I won't get married if I can't afford to buy a car for Iyawo, just my personal decision...so wherever she is, she better be praying for money to come ASAP.

Can't subject my my family to hardship biko
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by ElsonMorali: 8:52pm On Oct 12, 2016
That's how it should be. It's your job as the man to make sure your family is contented and safe.

My mind would be at ease and I'd be more productive at work knowing my wife has the safety and comfort of the car to do her runs.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 12, 2016
Rapmoney:
A friend and colleague of mine at work bought a Toyota Camry early this year. Ever since he bought the car, he has only driven it to work twice.

I inquired recently, to know why he doesn't use the car to come to work, since his residence is far from the workplace. He told me that his wife is the one who uses the car; that he only drives on Sundays...probably, taking the family to church. He wanted sufficient comfort for his wife and kids. To him, he could sort his way out even if it means getting up early to wait at the bus stand.

How many men would do this if there's just one car?

I much prefer to be jumping okada and kabu kabu than for my wife to do so. Though I and my wife each have our respective cars, if her car develops a fault, she will use mine until hers is back on the road. I do not think of it as a special sacrifice or an effect of any fictional love potion. I just feel that if one if us is fated to be caught in 'one chance' or kidnapped, I will definitely prefer it to be I, rather than a woman I promised to love and protect.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Drive The Only Family Car? by ariyike23(f): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2016
What d op is saying about some men nt allowing access to the only car is very true.. My neighbour is an example, dey av just 1 car and he has 2 kids buh the wife doesnt even know how to drive. In the morning like 6. 30am , he picks the car and leaves to work, while around 7 am , the wife is also leaving with the 5 mnths old baby strapped to her back and struggling with the 2 years plus son, i"m always going out at that time too so i eventually have to give her a lift kos it'd such a painful sight. I asked to go learn how to drive and her response was her hubby wnt allow her..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ever Gotten Employed As A Pregnant Woman? / Waterproof Realistic 6 - 8" Love Machine (d I L D O) With Suction Cup / Starved Wife! I Am Tired! Please Help With Solution To PE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.