Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,611 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? (7236 Views)

Lady Cursed For Being Pregnant Out Of Wedlock Becomes Family's Breadwinner / Is He Being Wise, Cursed Or Just Wicked? / Help!!..did I Marry The Wrong Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:27pm On Oct 10, 2016
Ishilove:
The society is so messed up.

Op you said 90% are married? No single guys?

Sister, pray out that thing in your life that attracts only married men to you. It is a waster. The single guys are not blind so why must it only be married men? Attack it with holy violence and you will see a change

I'm sorry... Holy Violence? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 11:17pm On Oct 10, 2016
"...many men think it's their birth right to cheat...."

Because of men like those in the line above, sometimes I just say 'thank God I'm still single'.

Thanks @ mindfulness. I appreciate

2 Likes

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 11:22pm On Oct 10, 2016
JeffreyJamez:

I'm sorry... Holy Violence? grin

I had to read the post 3 times to finally give a meaning to that phrase. I guess what the poster's trying to say is to indulge in a radical prayer.

Thanks @ishilove wink
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Ishilove: 1:36am On Oct 11, 2016
TR1212:

I had to read the post 3 times to finally give a meaning to that phrase. I guess what the poster's trying to say is to indulge in a radical prayer.

Thanks @ishilove wink
Radical prayer...wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Nobody: 2:02am On Oct 11, 2016
TR1212:

And then we think the less educated men and women in ther rural areas are over populating the country.

In my case though, just a few weeks ago, someone told me: "just carry my child and I will send you to Canada". He already has 4kids. So tell me what this man is looking for since he is more than willing to take responsibility.

What I'm sure of is that 95% of children belonging to single working never married women, unless they got them as teenagers, belong to married men. I think it's a wicked conspiracy. undecided I've got many single mother friends. Their stories are almost the same. The moment I told him am pregnant he stopped talking to me ... blah blah ... He only came during the registration of birth after I insisted ...

Either he's lying, or wants a secret family. Those who can afford do that. You'd be one of those women who dramatically come out of the wood works during burials to claim him and the family is wondering, huh? undecided
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 11, 2016
metallisc:

come and cut down the tree i'm in and let's solve this problem once and for all, we will both benefit from the solution! grin

on a serious note though, let's talk in private!

are you for real..shoo!!.. has women gone into extinct in your area or you don't find any of them attractive to start a relationship

Op categorically stated she isn't beautiful and in your mind you have seen an easy prey hence you want to form a relationship with a lady you neither know nor set your eyes on, when did the feelings started

pls don't compound her problems joorr....
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by metallisc(m): 9:15am On Oct 11, 2016
carmag:

are you for real..shoo!!.. has women gone into extinct in your area or you don't find any of them attractive to start a relationship

Op categorically stated she isn't beautiful and in your mind you have seen an easy prey hence you want to form a relationship with a lady you neither know nor set your eyes on, when did the feelings started

1 Like

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by jaybeyblu: 10:31am On Oct 11, 2016
LOL I thought i was the only one till i realized it is a norm here. when i begun work here i scanned everywhere i was like; hmm OK some really cool single guys. For where? instead it was married men that came flocking around me, i mean serious pestering by these men, none were exempted except for the expatriates that i worked with. at a certain stage i was getting depressed, i asked my single friends why are only married men coming my way? and they also expressed concerns as well that same thing happens to them. so i knew it was not my problem.
The annoying part is that the single ones never ask me or my single friends out. the ones that manage to do wants just a side piece, grin it is crazy!

Dear Op, nothing is wrong with you it is the society we live in. and i must confess that maybe the reason why some girls date married men is because they are the only ones that seem to be serious with them. it takes the grace of God to overcome these temptations. what i do is i laugh with them and i am not rude to them, because most of them are my bosses in the office and then i keep posting them and eventually they get the message that i am not interested and they back off.

1 Like

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 11, 2016
TR1212:
"...many men think it's their birth right to cheat...."

Because of men like those in the line above, sometimes I just say 'thank God I'm still single'.

Thanks @ mindfulness. I appreciate

You're welcome. smiley
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by SalomonKane: 10:53am On Oct 11, 2016
TR1212:
Dear family section members,

I really do need a reply/ies and I believe in the maturity of some of the posters in this section. So I'd appreciate if insults and abuses are kept to the minimal because I know they will come.

Please, I believe I have a problem with men and I need help. I am a single lady in my early 30s and I live and work in Abuja. Don't get me wrong, I don't sleep around, and I am not an "Abuja babe" if you guys know what I mean; but my problem is with married men. I don't know what is wrong with that institution called MARRIAGE or the people in it, but it really is affecting me that is not in it. 99% of the men that ask me out are married and I am tired, frustrated and with no clue as to how to stop this. I am not pretty. I don't dress provocatively. I don't go to some 'strategic' places, hell I haven't even been to a club before, so I cant say I attract them, my job alone places me in their line. but I don't know what I do wrong or why this is happening to me.

Worst is, some of these are very young and newly married men. Shey they no see me before they marry? At over 30, instead of them single suitors to be coming, the Agbayas wont let me be. I have had ALL of the most daring temptations of my life from married men. You have no idea. PLs tell me people, Am I cursed?? If yes, what prayers do I need to lift it ?? Are there characteristics inherent in some women that make men to perceive them as "Potential play thing/side chick". I'd really like my sanity and peace of mind. its enough to be single and fighting through life's ishes alone, so this kind of complication isn't welcome at all.

NL is the last place I'd have thought to take my issues to, but the last friend I confided in, a young married guy whom I attended his wedding o, turned around to make passes too. I know some will say "go and Marry", but I wont marry myself nah and even at that, I doubt if it will change anything because I have even gone as far as moving about with a ring on my finger. Please, people, married men and women here, and single ladies in similar shoes, tell me what to do, because to me, giving in is not an option but then, I am not so strong to be the biblical job of my generation because that's what it's beginning to feel like.
My dear do not be disturbed. We live in a warped society. A society that celebrates male superiority and cheating, and also frown on female cheating.

The married men who approach you only do so because of what is obtainable in the society. Never forget that this so called married men are christians and moslems.

So, my advice to you is just be yourself. At least you're getting advances... I know of a really cute girl who doesn't get so much as a hello from guys, both married and single.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Mskrisx(f): 11:41am On Oct 11, 2016
TR1212:

ladies, thanks for lifting my spirit! At least I now know i'm not alone o. I once hung out with my company's account officer and some of his colleagues. i just had to hang out with them when he asked because the guy does assist me with certain issues related to the office account, that's not really in his purview. at the end of the day, this guy headed for a hotel instead of at least, dropping me at the nearest b/stop since he doesn't even know where i stay, didn't ask and i wasn't ready to tell.

when i asked, what are we doing here? shebi you are a married man? the guy said "yes? i'm married and my family is in the UK. or should i have lied to you and maybe told the truth after you've 'gone down with me'. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked i quietly got down and said "bros, no vex, i wan trek go my house"

tell me, where did he get the 'get down with me' impression because he goes out of his way to do his job as an account officer, so he thinks he does me a special favor therefore i owe him? if that is the case, shouldn't he be going down with the company? na me get the account

Nne u are really a nice person with a good sense of humor. Calm down, you will get your own man... Your OWN man. Before this time next year we all would have attended your wedding....nothing dey hapun! smiley

1 Like

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by rhymesnoni(m): 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
ure nt cursed its probably because of ya age.
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
Mskrisx:

Nne u are really a nice person with a good sense of humor. Calm down, you will get your own man... Your OWN man. Before this time next year we all would have attended your wedding....nothing dey hapun! smiley

Lol, daalu Nne na u try pass for that prayer. Thanks lot for
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 6:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
jaybeyblu:
LOL I thought i was the only one till i realized it is a norm here. when i begun work here i scanned everywhere i was like; hmm OK some really cool single guys. For where? instead it was married men that came flocking around me, i mean serious pestering by these men, none were exempted except for the expatriates that i worked with. at a certain stage i was getting depressed, i asked my single friends why are only married men coming my way? and they also expressed concerns as well that same thing happens to them. so i knew it was not my problem.
The annoying part is that the single ones never ask me or my single friends out. the ones that manage to do wants just a side piece, grin it is crazy!

Dear Op, nothing is wrong with you it is the society we live in. and i must confess that maybe the reason why some girls date married men is because they are the only ones that seem to be serious with them. it takes the grace of God to overcome these temptations. what i do is i laugh with them and i am not rude to them, because most of them are my bosses in the office and then i keep posting them and eventually they get the message that i am not interested and they back off.

Thanks love. But I Sha will soon leave you people and run. This town is looking like the right arm that can cause one to sin. Make I kuku cut am off na, Abi I no fit shout o.
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Mskrisx(f): 6:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
TR1212:

Lol, daalu Nne na u try pass for that prayer. Thanks lot for

Don't mention...don't stress yasef oo... I tanda ya back gidigba! wink
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 6:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
carmag:

Haba, oga easy na. I thought you were my friend? Everyone read where the op said she is not beautiful. You don't have to rub it in nah. Besides, I know they (and you) understood that line well. But I am sure that if she is at one side of an equation, alone, there will be alot of plus signs after the names of many women you know, regardless. smiley so mbok free the guy jor. can do with some lighter mood in here. wink

Thank you sir
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
Mskrisx:

Don't mention...don't stress yasef oo... I tanda ya back gidigba! wink

cheesy Thank you. Now I feel like looking for trouble. E no easy to get backup na
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Mskrisx(f): 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
TR1212:

cheesy Thank you. Now I feel like looking for trouble. E no easy to get backup na

Na wa for you oooo! Find the trouble jooor!

I no be tell you say I dey?

Last last mynd 44 go show! grin
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2016
Mskrisx:

Na wa for you oooo! Find the trouble jooor!

I no be tell you say I dey?

Last last mynd 44 go show! grin

hahahhaha abeg abeg, I no wan chop ban o. those mods? after 'change', fear them grin
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Mskrisx(f): 7:00am On Oct 13, 2016
TR1212:

hahahhaha abeg abeg, I no wan chop ban o. those mods? after 'change', fear them grin

Good morning bae, how are u this morning?

Have a splendid day! smiley
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 8:27am On Oct 13, 2016
Mskrisx:

Good morning bae, how are u this morning?

Have a splendid day! smiley

Good morning sweet. This morning, I'm Blessed!! Hope you slept well? May your day be better. Cheers!!
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Mskrisx(f): 10:19am On Oct 13, 2016
[quote author=TR1212 post=50156901][/quote]

Yes I did... Breakfast yet?

Have lunch oo wink

By the way... Gat a gift for you angry! Will tell it when it's break time.

1 Like

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
Mskrisx:

Yes I did... Breakfast yet?

Have lunch oo wink

By the way... Gat a gift for you angry! Will tell it when it's break time.

Yeah... had breakfast jor. was expecting a long, hard and fruitful day so I chaw first.

A gift for me? #dancing atilogu in jubilation. #this birthday go better o

Oya lunch time is here. Where is the gift jor? wink wink wink
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Mskrisx(f): 2:56pm On Oct 13, 2016
[quote author=TR1212 post=50165411]

Yeah... had breakfast jor. was expecting a long, hard and fruitful day so I chaw first.

A gift for me? #dancing atilogu in jubilation. #this birthday go better o

Oya lunch time is here. Where is the gift jor? wink wink wink
[/quote

Jeeeez! Honey I wanted to type gist oooooo chaiii I am so sorry dear! Abeg no vex but never the less, it isn't late.
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 3:27pm On Oct 13, 2016
Mskrisx:
Jeeeez! Honey I wanted to type gist oooooo chaiii I am so sorry dear! Abeg no vex but never the less, it isn't late..

Still dancing atilogu. Whether by chance or error, gist or gift, you sha owe me something. How is your day going dear?
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Mskrisx(f): 4:48pm On Oct 13, 2016
TR1212:

Still dancing atilogu. Whether by chance or error, gist or gift, you sha owe me something. How is your day going dear?

Splendid dear !
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by veave(f): 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
you need to have mouth... for these kind of people... my granny will say, na "make i no shame make i no shame go make person cheat me".

my dear, say no and let the no be no! no one will kill you. it is not a crime to be single. so long as you are happy. and mind you, you are not the only one they are talking to. they are all trying their luck with random girls, so its not like the person is special or beautiful but just plain GREED. they are not satisfied with the woman they marry and would lie to make any mumu geh fall... infact cos some sef and warn them well well
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 6:56pm On Oct 13, 2016
^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin Sister, u dey vex o. Who offended you today? Please tell me it's not metallisc o, because I no trust that guy here.

Anyway, thanks for your advice, but you know two wrongs never make a right. I don't have a problem telling them off. In fact, I've had to convince some to stop the act by gently approach the issue without loosing respect. So you never can tell, you may save or ruin a soul depending on how you handle the issue. trust me, most men are like babies. Some don't even know that the simple solution to whatever problem they are facing are within them. Only God can save us all....
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by metallisc(m): 11:34pm On Oct 13, 2016
TR1212:
^^^^^^ grin grin grin grin Sister, u dey vex o. Who offended you today? Please tell me it's not metallisc o, because I no trust that guy here.

Anyway, thanks for your advice, but you know two wrongs never make a right. I don't have a problem telling them off. In fact, I've had to convince some to stop the act by gently approach the issue without loosing respect. So you never can tell, you may save or ruin a soul depending on how you handle the issue. trust me, most men are like babies. Some don't even know that the simple solution to whatever problem they are facing are within them. Only God can save us all....

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by TR1212: 3:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
metallisc:
tongue tongue tongue

Don't mind me. Was just looking for your trouble
Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 15, 2016
Well, it's pathetic though, how shameless these married men are now. I mean it's no longer a big deal for them to chase ladies even with their shiny wedding rings.

@ OP
I won't pretend I know how you feel. I mean I had my share of married admirers back then and a few of them were even bold enough to state their intentions. But I never considered it a problem because the single toatsers were also there to take my mind off them.

But I had a close friend who was just like you. We were both age mates and she was waaaay hotter than me (so it wasn't a case of an easy pick like someone suggested), but the single guys never seemed to notice her. It was always the married ones with the big cash.

One major difference between me and her was that I was more reserved and a bit more homely. Apparently guys love these traits in their prospective wives. She on the other hand was a party girl, chronic smoker and heavy drinker. But she is an extremely nice person and will probably make a better wife than me. But she just didn't appear that way.

When young guys see her, they see a one night stand and when they see me, they see a future bride.

When married men see her they see someone who's 'game' and when they see me, they think 'no-go area'

Again I want to point out that this was what it appeared to be and a very very wrong impression. I don't see myself as making a better wife because I don't smoke or wear mini skirts. But impressions matter a lot, at least to someone who doesn't truly know you. Men are shallow and often find it difficult to look beyond the surface. They already have this mental picture and if it doesn't fit, it's just not right (to them).

That's why even the young married guys still come for you. You are a 'fantasy' as opposed to the 'reality' they married. That's why women are often advised to be nuns in public but whores in the bedroom. Hypocritical right? Well that's just the plain truth.

I am not suggesting you change who you are to get a man because trust me, it will certainly backfire. But I have a few pointers for you.

1. You once mentioned going out for dinner with your AO who is married. Please NEVER engage in any social activity with a married man, especially as a single girl. It sends out the wrong signal to him and other men watching. Don't even keep them as friends or get close to them in any way. Avoid them like a plague.

2. Don't ever discuss your personal life or theirs with them. If they want to 'confide' in you, tell them to go to their wives. If you need someone to confide in, find a priest. Make yourself generally unavailable to them. It's an aura thing. Eventually whatever 'vibe' you unknowingly give will fade and create opportunity for single guys to 'see' you.

3. Free your mind. You will meet your own single guy and he will love you for you. Stop thinking there's something wrong with you because it's not true. There is nothing wrong with you and thinking that way will affect your self esteem even without you knowing.

I don't want to tell you what became of my friend because I don't want to discourage your, but you can change your story. You just need to believe the problem is not you.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Cursed? Where Did I Go Wrong?? by 5minsmadness: 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2016
TR1212:

My brother, shey wetin make I talk na? I didn't mean to sound low really, I only meant to imply that I don't have all those bazookas that attract men like flies to dead ratBees to honey/ants to sugar. So I still don't get why. In any case I read you well and will take your advice to heart.

Thanks for the complement too.

Fixed. Your talking about your sexual features so accord them some respect.
Like someone said, it might have to do with you attitude, body language, and the clothes you wear.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Men Do You Like The Women You Spend More Money On Than The Once You Do Not. / Married Men, Can You Tolerate This? And Married Ladies Are You All The Same? / Do Women Really Forgive And Forget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.