Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,693 members, 7,820,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story (47320 Views)

You First Loved Me (Christian Romance) By Rose Akpabio / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / Where Is The Guy I Married?....... A Short Christian Romance Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by queenitee(f): 10:54am On Oct 25, 2016
Olajhidey22:

Ayam sorry nau, had to attend to some personal issh..... The story resumes back shortly, hang around pleasewink
Oya,continue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by shegs4danny(m): 11:13am On Oct 25, 2016
Kk
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by queenitee(f): 11:28am On Oct 25, 2016
I finished the story from the blog already,cos I couldn't wait for you to update.
I must confess that this story is wonderful,its muah and I love it.
Thumbs up *kisses*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Melgy: 12:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
So great a story! So great a write-up!! U're just too much! More ink to ur pen and more grace 2 ur life! A good and lovely piece of art

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Missmossy(f): 12:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
Aww i really feel for Lucy. Kudos to the author, such an enthralling piece. Matt got what he deserved afterall while alive his children didn't feel his presence.

3 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Oly23(f): 12:24pm On Oct 25, 2016
Tori46:

I still feel she was too spiritual, if not she should have evaluated her feelings or opened up to her mum or someone
Remember her mom and Liam's wife even asked her but she felt capable to handle it! I still stand by what I said earlier she was just stubborn not spiritual!!
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2016
queenitee:
I finished the story from the blog already,cos I couldn't wait for you to update.
I must confess that this story is wonderful,its muah and I love it.
Thumbs up *kisses*

Smiles.... Am glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks for your time, God bless smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:26pm On Oct 25, 2016
Episode 15

The Church on Holburn Street was filled with people who knew matt, members of the church, and well wishers who had being touched by the story of the accident. Lucy and the boys sat in the front row together with her mother and matt’s family. She felt numb and distant and had been that way ever since that night. Her mother had taken care of the funeral arrangements with the help of matt’s parents who had arrived in Aberdeen with their grandkids only to hear that they’d lost their only child. Bewildered they sat there wondering why? Just like her. Lucy watched them from the corner of her eye knowing she would never be able to reveal the true events of that night to them, not even to anyone, she felt matt deserved to be remembered in a good way after the cruel death he’d suffered. Ibi was preaching now and twice now he’d stopped to compose himself as he spoke about matt who had been his very good friend. Lucy knew what was bothering the man more than anything and she’d refused to process it knowing there would be no answers in this life time. Her mother tapped her slightly and she realized it was time for them to move out as the sermon had ended. Standing up she straightened up her black dress holding the kids on each side she mentally applauded them for their unusual meekness even though she knew they didn’t understand fully what was happening.

Proceeding out of the church, she recognized a few faces and nodded at them, then she received another double dosage of shock, for standing there at the back was that crazy conniving woman, the reason matt was on the road at that time in the first place after he’d walked out on her. That stupid woman he claimed he was in love with, that senseless brainless bimbo that he chose over her and the kids. Fuming she got into the limo wondering how bold this woman really was to show her face here. How dare her! She thought, she didn’t leave him alone when he was alive and now in death she still had to stake her claim. Lucy thought as the Limo made its way to the Private cemetery

Beth knew she shouldn’t have come, and seeing the look on Lucy’s face she knew it would be best if she ended her paying respects charade here, but something propelled her to go to the cemetery, she needed to say goodbye to matt properly, his last words to her kept haunting her ever since he hadn’t showed up that night and she’d had to find out like everybody else how he’d died on TV watching his wife scream for him. She knew Lucy thought it was her fault matt died that night, since he was coming to see her. She remembered realizing then, that now that she did have him she really didn’t want him anymore, and in a way the guilt of that realization was the reason she was here, because the truth was matt had died for nothing and it was all her fault. Wiping a tear off her well made up face she slid into her car, and drove off to the cemetery.

Alice knew something was bothering her daughter excluding the obvious of course! She’d been behind Lucy at the church and had found it easier following her lead nodding as she nodded to greet each person, and then she’d watched her daughter stare at that woman, not nodding and had looked away stiffly. She’d looked at the beautiful lady wearing too much make up than her looks needed anyway, wondering who she was? And now sitting in front of her daughter, watching her intently, fear and understanding suddenly gripped her.

The service at the cemetery was quick, after a few words were said, she’d ceremoniously poured the sand thrice on the coffin as the minister spoke those dreaded words and stepping back watched as Matt was finally laid to rest. She kept thinking, this can’t be, Matt was playing a joke on them and was going to come out of nowhere laughing, remembering the Matt she once knew in those early years, and then she would think back to the accident and reality would kick in. This vicious cycle had been going on since the day began and Lucy looked now at the coffin released into the earth and knew this was goodbye forever. Goodbye my…; she meant to say lovely husband, but then Beth’s face came to her mind and instantly she looked up turned around and spotted her standing afar off. How dare she? She thought as she made her way towards her to the astonishment of everyone. Alice followed her daughter behind helplessly not knowing what to do as tears slipped off her face for no woman deserved to have her husband’s mistress at his funeral.

IT CONTINUES STILL....

[b]SOURCE: [/b]http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-15/

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:28pm On Oct 25, 2016
Melgy:
So great a story! So great a write-up!! U're just too much! More ink to ur pen and more grace 2 ur life! A good and lovely piece of art

Thanks Melgy..God bless smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD...

Beth stood there afar off watching the whole scene telling herself to leave and come back later and then suddenly she realized Lucy had spotted her and was walking quite fast in her direction. Knowing she should run towards her car, she suddenly realized that her legs were rooted to the spot. For the first time ever, since she boldly stepped into Lucy’s office demanding her hair be done by her, Beth felt really afraid. Without warning Lucy pounced on her dazing her with two slaps and demanding

What are you doing here? Answer me you slut haven’t you had enough of him, hm! Haven’t you mocked me enough!

Please Lucy I’m sorry Beth answered holding her face as it reddened from the impact of Lucy’s hands

By now a crowd was gathering making the scene more unbearable especially for her, as she read the confusion on everyone’s faces as they wondered who she was.

Ibi recognized Beth instantly and felt a right sense of justification as he saw her receive those two slaps from Lucy who was busy ranting at her with no one holding her back not even her mother who was a few steps away. Then he heard Beth say she was sorry sobbingly and knew it was time to step in after all if God was like all men where would the world be. Moving forward he saw Lucy instantly pounce on Beth dazing her again with a series of blows, shouting at her that it was her fault Matt was dead, but rather than defend herself Beth crouched on the grassland holding her head in her hands in a gesture that suggested she knew she was guilty and was ready to accept Lucy’s punishment as she continued begging for forgiveness. Moving forward instantly he realized he didn’t have to do anything anymore for Just then Lucy stepped back from this scene knowing something was wrong, she felt like a bully, which wasn’t fair considering she was the victim here. Beth wasn’t fighting her back, she was lying there taking it all crying and begging. Realizing her family and most especially her kids were watching, she turned around, nodded apologetically to her mother and was glad to find out that the kids were waiting in the limo with Abby, she nodded to Ibi and walked away towards the Limo, while he dispersed the crowd, knelt down by Beth’s side and proceeded to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ to her.

IT CONTINUES STILL...

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:36pm On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD....

ONE YEAR LATER

It’s funny how one thinks that just because you lose a loved one, life should stands still, you want to run to a roof top and shout at the top of your lungs ‘ hold it right there everyone my husband just died don’t you dare go about your business like it doesn’t matter’. More initially unreassuringly is the knowledge that as a Christian you believe in heaven and hell and what you need to do or not do to get there, and not knowing or wanting to know where Matt would be considering how his last few years were lived, was one of the things that bothered Lucy deeply. The bible implores we Christians not to mourn as the world mourns but as those who believe that in the blink of an eye they would see their loved ones again someday in heaven, and in Matt’s case Lucy wasn’t sure if this scripture applied. Realizing the in depth truth of her thoughts saddened her even more because as it was in the nature of most women like Lucy, she felt it was her fault, fixating on her last conversation with Matt that faithful night had made her realize how much God would hold her responsible for Matt’s faith especially since she’d failed in that which was committed to her; her marriage – even made her feel more depressed. What was worse was her actions at Matt’s funeral, she’d found herself venting her frustrations on a woman who’s only fault in the scheme of things was to sleep with her husband. Who was she to judge? she thought. How could she had thought that beating her up would undo the damage of six years or let alone bring Matt back alive or even ease her grief? How did she become this dreadful person? More depressing was the thought that she’d done all that with her kids around without a second thought as to how it would affect them, thank God Abby had kept them in the Limo. She would forever be grateful to her for that simple act of love.

Now it’s been one year, and Lucy could not account for how she’d spent each waking moment of the past year. She’d been like a robot going through the motions of each day, and only came out of that mode when she was around her kids. They were a breath of sunshine and the activities of their everyday life made it easier to live for them and nobody else not even herself. Her mother had also being a great help living at home with them now, she was there as a pillar of strength even though sometimes she rarely spoke, especially when Lucy was in her moods, she just sat next to her silently, willing her to live. She wanted to live, she felt like screaming at her, but she just didn’t know how life could ever be the same, without her husband. God took him form me! She felt like screaming especially whenever she was in church, she’d withdrawn totally from her relationship with God, refusing to speak with Him, she felt that even though the events of the last six years were partly her fault because she didn’t hearken to his direction regarding Matt, she expected that for the sake of her service and devotion to him and the church, He could have at least prevented Matt from dying. He could have!

Why didn’t He? Why lay this guilt on her for the rest of her life? What about her kids? How could they live without their daddy? Lying on her bed which had been her constant haven of warmth and comfort, she forced herself to shed a few tears but they wouldn’t fall, she tried to pray but she couldn’t for the gulf of pain she felt had separated her from her relationship with her Father, and although she knew she shouldn’t blame Him for her situation but she needed an escape goat to vent her frustrations and anger, and the last time she checked the only one who could have provided that satisfaction refused to give in to a fight and so she decided to turn inward and there was Jesus offering himself for all her pain and boy did it feel good to do just the opposite of what He asked. She bottled it up within her and refused to even acknowledge His presence in there. Lucy peters was an angry woman and she had every right to be.

Two weeks later, Alice knew she’d had enough of seeing Lucy wallowing in pain while the world went on living and her kids were fast growing up not only without their father but also without a mother who although was there in the physical might as well not be there at all for she just sat there all day smiling at everything they said. Just smiling! Like the broken frame of a still life picture. Determinedly she walked into the room with her bags packed, dumped them on the ground and spoke

Lucy I’m leaving!

Startled Lucy sat up to look at her mum and then at the bags, fear creped into her eyes as understanding dawned on her. With tears brimming in her eyes she started to speak

Holding up her hand to stop her Alice spoke for she knew the water works were about to be turned on, in fact she’d expected it and was determined not to be moved even if it killed her. Speaking up she said ‘I have my life to live Lucy and the last time I checked you had stopped living yours. Fair enough you lost your hubby, but if I remember correctly he was unfaithful to you practically all the six years you were married’, she emphasized on the unfaithful part, continuing she spoke, ‘with a woman who not only had the gall to use you for her body and hair needs insisted on you catering to her whims but also had the nerve to attend the funeral knowing you were there’. ‘Yes! You should be angry, you have every right to be but the question is at whom? And for how long?

Listen to me Lucy Edwards Peters you better not be angry at God for I’m not going to be a part of that you hear me, the bible says it is by the Lord’s mercies that we are not consumed, you could have been in that car, but you weren’t? You could have been publicly shamed by your husband and that hussy, carrying along together without any care for your feelings but God took him away before he shamed you! Yes God took him away, haven’t you thought about it? You’ve been so busy blaming Him that you did not see the miracle of this act. Yes it hurts but for every trial you go through in life the pain comes before the pleasure of the victory so my dear, she said sitting on the bed with her, you suffered those six years in silence wondering how long before eternity comes, you’ve lived your life waiting for a miracle of love to happen and for Matt to love you as he once claimed’.

‘I know you tried to hide the pain but I saw it, I felt it and I suspected that all was not right, and even though you’ve still not opened up to me, I feel that your peaceful release can only come Lucy if you let it all out. It would make more sense than it sounds in your head when you tell it all. Please my dear talk to me and let it all out’, she paused for effect, ‘because if you don’t then I’m leaving now’.

IT CONTINUES STILL....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD....

Shocked Lucy looked in her mother’s eyes and saw that she meant every word. She thought about what she’d said grudgingly admitting that she’d made a good point. How could she be mourning the death of a man who humiliated her, his wife for that long, she knew it was expected of her to play the grieving widow to the world but not to her own God! She thought of how angry she claimed she was, knowing there was more to it than that, for she wasn’t only angry, she was ashamed and afraid of admitting the fact that she felt relieved that Matt was dead. It was that admission that kept her from praying, for how could she be happy that her husband the father of her children was dead. Looking at her mother, she felt suddenly ashamed again and knew that she could never tell her the truth, it sounded easy but in essence it really wasn’t.

With a sinking heart, Alice knew that Lucy had made her decision, and rising up she spoke and said to her ‘well if that’s the way you want it, I guess this is goodbye for now, she carried her two bags in her hand knowing there was nothing in them, wishing that Lucy wasn’t so stubborn for now she realized she really had to pack!. Oh! Why didn’t she try a different tactic she inwardly lamented? Looking back at Lucy as she made her way out as she said, call me when it’s my turn to watch the kids.

The kids! Lucy thought wildly how would she cope alone with them? Instantly she made her decision and shouted, wait mum, ‘please don’t go, please I’ll tell you everything’, she rose up and reached for Alice trying to whisk the bags from her hand, but Alice anticipated that action and dropped the bags immediately before her daughter realized she’d been played and held her close as she cried. ‘I’ll tell you everything mum, just please don’t leave me and the kids alone, please’ she sobbed.

Wiping her face furiously as she looked up at her mum’s face, she thought she read skeptism but in actual sense Alice was relieved her plan was working. Thinking that her mother still needed convincing she blurted out ‘Matt was leaving me for Beth mum he left home that night with the divorce papers in his hands, signed by me, yes! Mum I gave him his freedom that night, and he never came back, she said as the tears welled up in her eyes again.

This time Alice held her daughter tightly as she shockingly interpreted the meaning of Lucy’s words. Now she understood how she must have felt seeing Beth at the funeral, she knew she would be processing, guilt, anger, pain, rejection, betrayal, and relief ah! She realized especially relief. Instantly she held Lucy’s head in her hands looking into her eyes she spoke, ‘you have nothing to feel guilty about; Lucy closed her eyes as if refusing to accept the easy way out’.

Shaking her up, so that her eyes popped open Alice continued firmly, you have nothing to be guilty of especially if you’re feeling relieved. Lucy’s eyes softened at this

‘Yes! I know you feel guilty because you feel relieved but Lucy it’s perfectly normal and human, and God would never hold it against you, no matter what. Please sweetie let it go, Matt is okay wherever he is, you have to believe that, no matter how horrible he was to you in life, you are letting his death cause more havoc that he’s been alive would have. Think about what could have been, the divorce proceedings, the children, even the church, tongues wagging here and there, you are letting him win by putting your life on hold to mourn that scallywag’.

‘If he weren’t so dead, I would tear the lust for that silly woman right out of his eyes before he even knew what hit him’. Calmly she sat Lucy down and gently asked her, ‘please tell me everything my dear, leave nothing out’.

And Lucy did just that, she told her about Logan about her confrontation with him before the wedding, her whole six year endurance loving of matt and refusing to think of another man, not even once. She explained how she tried to win Matt back, blushing as she spoke about her seductive attempts and her eventual humiliation. Watching as Alice’s face hardened as she explained in detail. She spoke about the fateful dinner party, the eventual confrontation with Logan and then with Matt, and then signing the divorce papers and then Matt’s accident.

‘The things is mum, she said as she sat back feeling unburdened, I shouldn’t have signed those papers, I wasn’t thinking straight, I gave up on my marriage because I believed Matt when he said he loved that Beth. I let him go out of that house when I should have prevailed upon him to stay and allow us work through it. I felt so beaten down, that I gave him what he wanted and watched him scurry out of the house like a kid excited about his new toy. And the other thing is I can’t even let myself think of Logan now because I feel on some level that his intrusion into my life affected the balance of things and gave Matt the ammunition to serve me those papers, if I never saw Logan at that party, Matt would not have served me those papers that night and eventually met his death. So either ways mum my guilt is justified’.

‘No! It isn’t! Alice almost shouted, you are just over thinking things’ she said forcing her voice to be gentle. ‘My dear nothing you did or did not do could have changed the outcome of things. Don’t you know that the life of every man is in the hands of God? Lucy it was Matt’s time to go, never mind how he left, it was his time. And as for Logan, it’s okay to love him dear, he’s right, you’ve done nothing wrong to be ashamed of, you loved and served your husband thereby fulfilling your vows to him, he was the one who broke his vows, and now he has finally released you from yours by his death. May be it might be too late for you to be with Logan, but Lucy that shouldn’t be your concern, you have the kids to fill up your days, give them all the love that’s in your heart and teach them to serve the Lord and love Him as I have taught you. I’m not sure if I ever said this to you before, but you really turned out better than I hoped especially with all you were exposed to, and I’m so proud of you’. She said this cradling her daughter’s head on her knees as both of them became eventually lost in their own thoughts.

Lucy thought about the truth in her mum’s words and feeling foolish suddenly as she realized how much time she’d wasted being in this state of mind as time and life moved on around her, she’d even stopped communicating with God, she of all people who always encouraged that believers should practice the reality of that scripture ‘I will bless the Lord at all times and his praises shall continually be in my mouth’ and here she was refusing to even go to choir practice let alone Sunday service. Feeling remorseful she closed her eyes and started to pray and she felt the overwhelming love of the father embrace her whole being she found herself crying, truly understanding the meaning of the favorite song she used to love singing.

IT CONTINUES STILL....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD...

That same day, Lucy was transformed. She got out of bed, with one thought in mind – to make the most of everyday from now on, getting dressed she rushed downstairs as if she was chasing time and behold she was confronted with a different reality. Her kids had grown, they looked older, somehow she had missed this! Sighing she walked into the lounge exclaiming

‘Hi everyone’

Hi mum they chorused looking up from the television and back. And then suddenly realizing, they looked back at her again this time noticing the change in her.

Taking a cue Lucy began ‘so I’m thinking of cooking fried rice with grilled chicken and vegetable salad on the side today for dinner. What do you think?’

Mum Michelle began, you okay?

Yeah mum are you alright? Michael asked too

‘Yes i am! Why do you ask?’ Lucy asked

You look; Michael spoke up, searching for the right words

Different! Michelle finished

Yeah you look alive? Michael said meekly thinking it sounded rude

Unabashed Lucy walked towards them, thinking they really had grown, drawing them close she said to them yes! You’re right I’m sorry I’ve been absentminded all this time, I really missed daddy and it was quite selfish of me not to think about your feelings I’m so sorry please forgive me, I promise to make it up to you.’

Michael replied, how long?

Sorry! Lucy blinked.

How long will you make it up to us? He asked looking mischievous.

As long as it takes she replied tickling him.

Laughing they fell to the ground as his sister eventually joined in bridging the gap between loss and grief.

The next day Saturday Lucy took the kids shopping determined to keep her promise. They went to the Bon Accord shopping mall and the trinity shopping mall, buying anything that caught their fancy, when the kids grew hungry they stopped by the McDonalds on union street for a quick meal before going to the international market at the Union terrace gardens where the kids eventually became tired and declared they’d had enough and Lucy was forgiven if she would kindly just take them home so they could sleep!

Laughing Lucy agreed to their request and took them to them back to the Jeep. Just as she made to start the engine Michelle spoke up

Mum you really are back right?

Smiling she replied, yes love I’m back for good. Both of them stared at each other as they sat side by side smiling with the ease and confidence that could only come from a strong love bond established over time.

Mum! Can I have some hot cocoa and cookies when I get home? Michael asked trying to get some attention back to himself as usual.

Nodding at each other with understanding Lucy and Michelle shook their heads as if to say ‘ there he goes again’ for Michael had been like that from birth always zapping away attention to himself and she’d tried to curtail it as much as she could but in the end decided fighting it was not the problem but keeping it from turning into a negative thing was the issue so she focused on getting him to acknowledge that there were other people around other than himself like his sister who he needed to care for too. So correcting him she said we Michael when we get home we would all have hot chocolate and cookies. Right Michelle? She asked

Yes! Mum I’d love some too. Thanks Michael for including me she continued.

Michael found himself wondering what just happened, but nodded along suddenly realizing what his mum had corrected him about. Now he knew he’s mum was back for sure as she would never had noticed that slip when she was still dazed up with grief. Telling himself to watch out he dozed off.

Later that day Lucy drove to church deciding it was time to start attending choir practice. Stepping on to the church entrance she breathed deeply as she walked into the main auditorium where the choir practice was usually held the last time she checked. Ibi was addressing the choir at the choir’s gallery and he had his back turned to her. Noticing that the choristers were looking right behind him, he turned around and noticed her. Lucy saw him too instantly remembering the last time they’d seen each other at the funeral, for she’d refused to speak to anyone since then. Keeping her head up she nodded at him and to her surprise he greeted her. ‘Hi Lucy’ Ibi called as though he’d seen her yesterday or the day before that, turned his back and continued with his speech to the choir. Realizing that this was his own way of easing her back into things, she sat down dazed nodding gratefully to him. Just then the hand beside her touched her and a voice whispered ‘welcome back Lucy’. Turning to her side she realized it was Susan, in her haste to recover her earlier shock she hadn’t seen who she was sitting next too, then she whispered thanks to her. And then everyone started quietly to nod at her the moment they caught her eye, to welcome her back. Their simple gestures were so overwhelming and loving that she felt so happy to be a part of such a group. The pastor concluded his speech and Kevin the choir director took charge so the rehearsals could begin. Clearing his throat to get everyone’s attention, he looked in Lucy’s direction and asked ‘do you have your songs for tomorrow’s call to worship ready?’

Stunned Lucy looked at him askance, quickly looked down at her songbook and started flipping through hurriedly, going through each page to see if there was a song she could easily rehearse then she saw it, her favorite song. Smiling she looked up and nodded back at Kevin. He gestured for her to come forward and rehearse with the choir and the instrumentalist. And just like that Lucy began her journey back to God.

It Continues Still… Please Leave a Comment Behind!

SOURCE: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-15/

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by priestcharm(m): 2:45pm On Oct 25, 2016
This is so amazing

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
Episode 16

The next day was the Sunday service, Lucy was so nervous as she waited for the teachers to conclude the Sunday school so the service could begin. Eventually, she found herself on the altar about to begin the call to worship session.

‘Praise the lord! She began, can we all rise up please’. She recognized a lot of familiar faces in the crowd, and even some of them couldn’t conceal their surprise to see her. Gathering her strength she continued ‘the psalmist said today is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it…’, I don’t know about you but the truth in that verse is so resounding you could almost pinch yourself, because of the purity in the truth underlying those words. As Christians we should be grateful for every day that the Lord gives us on earth. Not only because life is too short and it can end any time, but because as creatures of perfection our heavenly father requires us to praise him no matter what we are going through, when the good time comes and especially through the bad times. It’s isn’t easy believe me I should know, because a year ago I found myself in a situation that put the very truth of these scriptures to test and I realized I couldn’t bring myself to do it.’

Looking down at her wristwatch she realized she’d been talking longer than necessary, suddenly nervous she spoke quickly but that’s all a story for another time, she said looking in the direction of Ibi as she said this. Surprisingly he raised his hand for her continue and said it aloud. Feeling suddenly on the spot Lucy’s mind went blank realizing now that a lot of people were interested in what she had too say. Composing her thoughts she found herself distracted by a lady walking hurriedly behind an usher who was directing her to a seat. Shocked she realized who it was just the same moment the lady placed her bag on the seat to look up at the altar. It was Beth! Their eyes met and Beth’s softened when she saw Lucy, Ibi was watching the exchange between the two women quietly praying that Lucy would speak up before it became too obvious to everyone else that she was in shock. Clearing his throat deeply to bring her back, Lucy was startled, then she looked at him at the side gallery where the ministers sat, realized in that instant that Beth’s presence was a direct result of Ibi ministering to her that day at the funeral. Feeling suddenly glad that something good had come out of such a bad situation she spoke up as she began her testimony.

‘People of God, I don’t know what you’re going through but my God is able to deliver you and He will deliver you just don’t hold back by refusing to give Him His due- that is glory and praise. I should know because that was what I did, when I lost my husband, I couldn’t believe what happened, not because he died in that unexplainable accident, but because of the events that led to his death. See for the benefit of those of you who may or may not have pieced the story together by now especially due to the drama that unfolded at the funeral, the night matt died, he came home with one thing in mind, and that was to ask for a divorce’

The whole church gasped collectively, some even widened their eyes in shock. Continuing Lucy said ‘he’d been in a love affair with a woman for the past 5 and a half years of the 6 years we’d been married. That fateful night we talked and I begged, pleaded and eventually gave up knowing I had lost my husband and my marriage to another woman. In defeat I signed those papers and said goodbye to matt not knowing that was going to be our last time together. I felt hurt and abandoned by the God that I had served from my youthful days, I turned to anger and hatred and made a complete fool of myself at matt’s funeral, she said looking at Beth, but today I stand here seeing that while I was wallowing in self pity God had taken an hopeless situation and turned it into a thing of joy. That same lady today is now a daughter of God. She has given her life to Him and is now by the grace of God a member of the kingdom of light. Today she is forgiven not just by God but also by me, because it is truly by the Love of God that we are all standing here today, He brought us out of our rebellious and shady pasts and planted us in His vineyard as creatures of perfection, and who are we to judge, when God is the judge of all. ”I stand here today free of all emotions that has held me bound these past year and release myself to the love of God even as I implore you people to do the same. Give him all, hold nothing back, only He knows how to take that terrible situation in your life and make a testimony out of it’.

IT CONTINUES STILL...

SOURCE:
http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-16/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD...

By now you could hear a pin drop in the auditorium as the whole congregation was held spell bound by the truth in the words that Lucy spoke. Some were even emotional, wiping away tears from their eyes, as they tried to imagine what terrible moments she must have gone through to get to where she was now. Putting down the microphone, Lucy walked down the altar to where Beth sat at the edge of the row. Standing in front of her she held Beth’s hands and she said to her

‘Elizabeth Morgan, I never thought I’d say this ever, but I forgive you. She said as tears fell down her eyes, I wish matt and I could have gotten a lot of things right before we got married then you both might have had a chance, for now I realize he may have never really loved me, it may have been you all the while’. Shaking her head through the threatening tears, deliberately ignoring the fact that the whole church was taking in the whole scene.

‘He loved you Lucy, he did, you have to believe that’. Beth spoke tearfully

Lucy looked at her refusing to believe Beth’s words

‘He did believe me. That night he called me to tell me he was on his way to my place, he sounded very sad, almost like he regretted his actions. I’m sorry for everything Lucy, I can’t believe I disregarded your feelings that much that I wasn’t just satisfied with taking your man, I had to rub your nose in it, and you didn’t deserve that. I’ve woken up every day asking for God to help you forgive me, praying that someday you would find your way back to God as I did, because lucy you were almost perfect and I tore down that beautiful picture, you had everything good going for you in your marriage and I ruined it, I’m so sorry, she cried earnestly, please I will do anything you want, please don’t make it this easy, I don’t deserve it, I’m truly sorry’. She cried sobbingly

Lucy shook her head earnestly, ‘Beth I forgive you from the depth of my heart, I forgive you totally and completely holding nothing back, please stop being hard on yourself, the devil used you, you didn’t know what you were doing, you stood no chance at all. Just promise me one thing’, she asked

Anything Lucy just mention it Beth replied

Promise me you will never turn your back on God, and go back to being that woman ever again. She asked

‘Yes! I promise, I promise’ Beth replied sobbingly, the two women hugged each other crying their hearts, not bothered about the scene they were making in church. And then suddenly, Susan started clapping from the choir, some other people joined in, wiping away their tears of joy, and then the whole church joined in clapping and rejoicing as the two women stood their hugging each other granting the other a succor of comfort.

To Be Continued…

SOURCE:
http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-16/#

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2016
Episode 17

Lucy dropped the flowers on matt’s grave, it was two years since his death, and she’d gone through hell and back,, but she will forever be grateful to God and the church for not giving up on her. Sighing she stood up from weeding the grass, speaking out loud, ‘matt the kids and I miss you a lot even though we never really saw you all those years, Beth is a frequent face around the house now, as I told you earlier all is forgiven, I hope you’ve found peace wherever you are because I know I have and I know that somewhere in my heart I know loved you, I know I still love you, I believe at some point I must have believed that because I married you. But that’s not why I’m here; I’m here because I can’t do this any longer matt. I’ve come to say goodbye, it’s time for me to move on. I know your parents would like to continue coming and that’s fine by me, maybe even the kids when they are old enough, but for me matt this where it ends. I need to move on with my life, I can’t keep hanging on to the past. I believe you would want this for me too, so this is goodbye you will always be in my heart’. Fighting for composure she shrugged her shoulders turned around and walked away.

Logan watched the bride walk down the aisle, looking beautiful as ever, thanking God for a day like this where the world got to see that truly love really conquers all. Looking at the man next to his right, they both smiled trying to lighten the seriousness of the moment, it was now or never, they’d spoken to each other earlier during their pep-talk.

Naomi knew she looked stunning in her lovely wedding gown, as she walked alone down the aisle holding her bouquet. Trying not to laugh, she stared at the man she was walking up to Shane her dear sweet husband, he’d finally gotten his act together and when he re-proposed to her that they renew their vows to strengthen the bond between them, she’d accepted happy that finally the wait was over, and she could have him back in her life again. Both of them reunited together against the world and those conniving hussies, let’s see them try to pry him away again, she would claw their eyes out without thinking. Standing next to Shane was Logan her dear friend, it was a wonder how they made it through these years, keeping the sanctity of their friendship, even during the brief separation of her marriage, when she once crazily had thought about stirring things up and had even tried to, while they were watching tv on the sofa in his living room. He’d smiled at her reading her thoughts and actions, and told her firmly that he respected the sanctity of marriage and suggested that she did the same. Patting her cheek, he’d smiled at her, turned to the TV and changed the subject as if nothing ever happened.

She’d been humiliated and angry at that time, drumming up a silly excuse to suddenly leave and totally refused to see him or even pick up his calls for almost a week. Eventually she’d allowed him into her apartment on a Friday evening after he’d showed up at her door step refusing to leave. He’d refused to beat around the bush, hitting the nail on the head directly, he told her ‘Naomi you are one of the most beautiful and attractive woman I’ve ever come across on this part of the world but I can’t allow this to ruin what we have together, just because we are lonely. Please let’s stop fighting me for gently rejecting you and focus on getting your marriage back on track, I know in spite of all that Shane has done you still love him and miss him a lot don’t you?’ She’d nodded at him knowing he was right and hating him for it… But now here she was and there he was Shane’s best man and she was truly glad nothing had happened.

Shane felt his heart swell with pride as he watched his gorgeous wife walk towards him. He often wondered how he’d gotten so lucky to have found such a jewel, for she truly was one. He knew now that she was truly perfect for him, even during their brief separation when he’d gone off with another woman, and had truly expected her to do the same. She’d stayed faithful, even with Logan who he’d been jealous of, at the time thinking, there was something going on between them. But now he knew that Logan truly was a better man than he ever was, and now that Naomi had decided to take him back, he was determined to spend the rest of his life being her one true knight in shining amour.

IT CONTINUES STILL....

SOURCE:
http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-17/

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:15pm On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD...

The priest cleared his throat and began the ceremony, thirty minutes later they were done and the couple with a few friends reclined to a nice restaurant for a celebration meal. A few meals and drinks later the couples were already itching to be alone, Logan watched his dear friend Naomi laughing at her husband’s joke with love in her eyes, they were truly happy and he was glad for them. Looking down at his wristwatch, he realized it was time to say his goodbyes, for the meal had ended and the couple looked like they really really needed to be by themselves. So taking a cue he decided to begin the gradual exit of all the guests by being the first to leave. He had a flight to catch the next morning and although most men prefer to pack light, the unpredictable weather of his destination meant that he could not afford the luxury of missing any essential detail of his wardrobe.

Arriving Aberdeen Wednesday evening, he cleared through customs speedily this time, and in no time was holding a conversation with little tim who was now a little man, and sweet Julie who was already wearing braces. Susan was looking radiant as ever Logan noticed she’d lost a couple of pounds which made her look very fit for a mother of two, and Liam was just Liam. Embracing his family they chatted and moved towards the car pack where Liam was packed.

Guys you shouldn’t have bothered to come, I would have been perfectly okay taking a cab Logan stated

What do you mean? Taken a cab, you’re family and family get first class treatment right Susan? Liam asked

Yes! Of course dear Susan replied rolling her eyes at Logan.

Hey mate! What’s happened to your accent, you speak clearer now Logan asked

Yeah Liam replied when you’ve got kids and an English woman for a wife you’ve got to adjust at some point, besides Susan wants the kids to speak clearly so I’ve had to adjust or get sent out of the hoose.

Everyone roared with laughter at his slip when he tried to say house.

Getting into the back seat with the kids Logan asked breezily So what’s new in Aberdeen since the last time I came.

Nothing much Susan replied shrugging her shoulders, oh! We have a new extension now added to the Bon Accord shopping mall. The kids have started music lessons. Logan nodded impressed looking to his side at them, they’d forgotten to mention that bit to told him over the phone.

So what’s new at the church, do you still sing in the choir? He asked Susan

Oh yes I still do, we are getting bigger now, we have new members coming in now and then, mostly students coming to Aberdeen to study.

How’s sister Rachael, is she still very much around? Logan asked fearfully because sister Rachael was the oldest member in the church aging about ninety-nine years the last time he saw her.

Oh! Sister Rachael, she’s still very much around we celebrated her birthday last month. She’s really a living miracle.

The he asked the question that had been burning his mind ‘how’s Lucy doing?’

She’s doing great really, it’s been two years now since matt died and I just admire her strength and determination to move on, she’s so wrapped up with the kids determined not to miss out on any aspects of their life, she’s just amazing you know, being through hell and back as really strengthened her faith in God. Hopefully she should be attending our dinner party tomorrow night, because she missed last year’s’.

That reminds me Liam spoke up how was Naomi’s wedding?

It was nice, those two were made for each other and I’m happy Shane finally got it right, he’s so lucky to have a woman who would wait for him and eagerly take him back with open arms. Shaking his head ‘love is really amazing’

That’s so beautiful, at least he was lucky unlike matt. Susan said just then Liam gave a withering look and said ‘it’s not right to speak ill of the dead suz’

It continues still....

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 4:17pm On Oct 25, 2016
CONTD....

Logan refusing to leave the issue alone asked what you mean.

Sighing Susan began Last year Lucy gave a testimony in church that held everyone spell bound, I’ll tell you when we get inside the house, she said getting out the car as Liam packed the car.

As soon as they settled in, Logan couldn’t wait to hear the rest of Susan’s words so he cornered her in the kitchen as she prepared dinner’. Susan I really need to hear the rest of that story, I need to know every detail. He asked earnestly grabbing a stool for him to sit on.

‘Well Logan all I know is matt was having an affair while they were married, and that night he died, he came home with the divorce papers for Lucy. Poor girl! I could just imagine how she must have felt, she said she pleaded and begged him for a chance but when she found out how long the affair had been on she realized she never stood a chance from the start, and in the end she admitted defeat and signed the papers, said goodbye to him not knowing it would be the last time. Oh! Logan the accident it was in the news, Lucy was on her way to see her mother that night, because the boys were on holidays with matt’s parents.

Logan nodded his head concurring to what she said. Susan looked at him askance wondering how he knew that

Susan continued. The whole town showed up for the funeral at the church, for matt’s story was really touching. Lucy was like a robot all through the service I remember looking at her from the choir stand looking so lovely yet so out of touch with reality. Even when the service ended Alice had to nudge her, then at cemetery something strange happened. After matt had being laid to rest, Lucy suddenly dashed out of the crowd, and walked in the direction of a woman standing at the far side of the cemetery away from everyone, I’d seen her at church a few times and I saw her again earlier at the Church service. It turned out her name Elizabeth Morgan.

She was the one matt was having an affair with, Lucy probably knew her before then because she rushed at her and started hitting her with every ounce of energy within her. I’ve known that woman for a long time, and I tell you Logan, I’ve never seen her display such emotion like she did that day. It was awful, eventually Lucy stopped went home and gradually stopped coming to church again.

Logan looked up shocked at Susan’s last words, but she raised her hand at him determined to finish her story. She never came to church, until a year ago. She shut everyone out including Ibi and even God I know this because she gave a testimony about it all, and then one day she just showed up at the choir rehearsal. That Sunday she was supposed to lead the call to worship and the strangest thing happened, you needed to have been there, the whole church kept talking about it for months. She decided to give an exhortation before singing and before we knew it she started to talk about how matt had died and all the events that happened and oh! did I mention that Beth is now a Born again Christian and now attends our church.

Logan’s eyes widened with surprise, as he heard this, wondering how his Lucy was coping with all these issues. His heart yearned for her wishing he hadn’t decided to give her time to heal when he’d heard the news and to think it all happened that night, that night! God she must have been so emotionally traumatized. He realized Susan was still talking ‘…now they are very good friends, can you believe it, God truly works in mysterious ways. Sometimes I see them chatting together and I just shake my head at the story that brought them together. God took a bad situation and turned it around for His own glory, only He could have done that don’t you agree? She asked Logan, looking up at him as she finished chopping the potatoes.

Logan stood up, and walked to the window side, staring at nothing. His thoughts were everywhere, he struggled to untangle his anger and pain from the joy and praise that comes from a true testimony like this, if only he did not know more than he was letting on, he would truly be able to raise his hands and say halleluiah! Praise the Lord. He turned around and saw Susan watching him closely, she was waiting for him he realized to speak. Suddenly he felt the need to unburden his heart…

I’m angry at a lot of things right now Susan.

Why? Susan asked is it because you’re in love Lucy?

Yes! Logan nodded and then he felt as if cold water had been dashed on him, surprised he looked up at Susan abruptly and asked, you knew?

Susan smiled in a motherly way, wiped her hands on her apron and walked up to him, of course I knew, both of you are very special to me, besides it was hard not to miss the chemistry going off around you guys, I always wondered why… never mind she looked at him, tell me everything please just trust me hm!

Logan nodded his head sat down next to Susan and began his story ‘I’m angry with matt not just because he married the woman I loved but that he had the nerve to disrespect her, I know I shouldn’t speak ill of the dead, but I can’t believe he was having an affair, after being married Lucy, what more could you want in a woman?

Susan nodded her head understandingly encouraging him to continue.

‘Yes! I was in love with Lucy, but she wanted to be with matt then, and she asked me not to be a distraction to her and leave her alone, those were her actual words, I was so hurt, confused and definitely stupid now that I can look back, I decided to move back to the states without making an effort to win her heart. Susan can you believe that? I just up and left when I knew better, I’ve been married before so its not out of place to say that most women sometimes don’t know what they really want…

‘That’s very true’ Susan confirmed

But it didn’t really dawn on me then as opposed to now and so all those years I stayed away from her, determined to keep her out of my head, I didn’t succeed, I realized then that I was truly in love with her. Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t pinning for her I tried to be interested in other women, then I met Naomi who by the way is the only woman I allowed to get that close after Lucy. Something almost happened there too, even though she was separated from Shane but I realized that in spite of it all, I believed in God and in the sacred vows of marriage after all I was once married, still I couldn’t get Lucy out of my mind and that was why I came down to Scotland then, I wanted to see for myself that she was truly happy so I could move on..

Was she? Susan asked knowing the answer

You know Lucy, once she’s determined to be in a certain state of mind, she devotes all her energy to it. But surprising we were finally able to talk, that night we went back to the states; it was a very emotional moment for both of us.

What happened? Susan asked suddenly suspicious

Nothing like that happened, he said reading her thoughts. Relieving that day he spoke ‘I went over to her house and when she came to the door I saw that she’d been crying, God! Every fiber in me was screaming for me to hold her but I couldn’t, we hadn’t gotten that far yet and besides she still thought I was married to Naomi. Remember?

Susan nodded again, realizing now the true reason Naomi had said what she’d said that night. Eventually we talked and talked Logan continued, and in time Lucy admitted the fact that she felt more than just feelings for me then before she married matt and she believed she still did. Shaking his head as he reminiscence, we cried together knowing we could never risk God’s wrath by taking our fate in our hands, I wanted to hold her, to touch her, to claim her as mine, she really was mine and I let her slip away because she was just confused. And now when she needed me most I still wasn’t there for her oh! God this is all a mess. Logan fervently spoke, evidently upset

Composing himself ‘matt came in and we managed to compose ourselves to greet him even though he was eyeing us suspiciously, Lucy told him I came home to catch up on old times with her because I was leaving that night. He excused himself and Lucy saw me out and waited with me for the cab to take me home.

There’s nothing you could have done Logan that would have changed the course of events Susan spoke softly, don’t you see that it’s a new season for you both.

How do you mean? Logan looked up

I know it’s not my place to say this, but you’re single and she’s single well a single mother with kids which I’m sure you don’t mind. Shrugging her shoulders she asked ‘What are you waiting for again? Surely you can see what God is trying to do here especially now that you came back here in Aberdeen, I mean I know it sounds strange but now the both of you can start over together and fulfill destiny. You finally get to be happy again!. Logan what are you waiting for? Susan asked a twinkle in her eyes.

Logan went still ‘I don’t know if she’s ready, you know she’s got the twins to raise’.

Susan smiled knowingly ‘in answer to your questions yes! She’s doing good, her business is quite successful and expanding now too, Liam helped with that, she’s also got her own product range as well. The twins are growing up too and she seems quite happy I believe. Alice told me she’d stopped going to matt’s graveside, because she’s decided to move on. And in answer to your unspoken question Logan you’ll never know if she still loves you if you don’t ask her yourself, so get off your high horse and do what you should have done in the first place hm!’.

That same day, Logan decided that there was some truth in Susan’s words but realized he wasn’t sure how to go about approaching the love of his life. After careful prayer and intercession he eventually decided that he would take advantage of Susan’s dinner party and he prayed that Lucy would be attending too, perhaps that would be a sign from God.

It Continues Still….ONE MORE EPISODE TO GO

SOURCE: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-17/

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Tori46(f): 8:32pm On Oct 25, 2016
Oly23:

Remember her mom and Liam's wife even asked her but she felt capable to handle it! I still stand by what I said earlier she was just stubborn not spiritual!!

You are right though

2 Likes

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by priestcharm(m): 9:21pm On Oct 25, 2016
Don't stop. Bring it on

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Nmaglit: 7:44am On Oct 26, 2016
This story is very interesting and educating. Well done OP

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:32am On Oct 26, 2016
Nmaglit:
This story is very interesting and educating. Well done OP

Thanks smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2016
priestcharm:
Don't stop. Bring it on

The final episode comes up shortly smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Oly23(f): 10:50am On Oct 26, 2016
Olajhidey22:

The final episode comes up shortly smiley
Waiting!!!

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by priestcharm(m): 11:21am On Oct 26, 2016
You don't know how many people have viewed it. So touching

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2016
priestcharm:
You don't know how many people have viewed it. So touching

Aww! Thanks smiley
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:46pm On Oct 26, 2016
Episode 18 (Final Episode)

Meanwhile Lucy woke up Saturday morning not in the mood for a party, she was getting sad and lonely for lack a companion in her life. Often her thoughts went to Logan, but she guiltily had to rein them in, he wasn’t hers to take, he was married and very much far away. Maybe not so far away that she couldn’t travel to the states on a whim, but wait again he was married!, why couldn’t she remember that? For the past two weeks now, she found herself constantly thinking and dreaming about him, thinking back to their last moments, and relieving it over again. It was all she had of him, and all she would ever have. She sometimes had to fight the urge to ask Susan how he and Naomi were doing, but often decided against it, for it wasn’t worth the pressure that would come later when she was alone with her thoughts. And now today she was supposed to go to a party that not only reminded her of the last time she saw him, but was going to be filled with everyone she knew who were either married, engaged, and were happy, no! It was going to be too depressing for her and that was the last thing she needed.

Alice walked in to the bedroom, and asked her what she was wearing for the dinner

I’m not going she replied

Smiling her mother walked up to her, sat by her side and spoke in return yes! You are my dear, and you know why

Why? Lucy asked

Because you need to be around people who you have a lot in common with, because you deserve to have a night out and be happy, Because love is waiting for you just around the corner, and finally waving her finger and striking a pose ‘ because I said so my dear’. Lucy laughed at this, Alice continued ‘now don’t go comparing yourself to me, see I loved your father and decided no other man would do, and besides he gave me the best years of my life so our memories were sufficient for me, but in your case that doesn’t apply, so you need to get back out there and find true love and hope this time to get it right, I have a good feeling about tonight.

It’s too late for love mum, Lucy spoke dejectedly

Concerned Alice asked what do you mean dear?

Feeling a sudden need to unburden her heart, she spoke up, he’s married mum.

Who is married?

Logan do you remember him? Susan’s brother in law, he came to see me that fateful night, I told you remember?

Alice nodded, sweetheart, she spoke softly, yes! I do but I can sense there’s still more to tell.

And Lucy did, holding nothing back.

Few minutes later she finished crying as she unburdened her heart to her mum. ‘I had a chance to be with him mum and I pushed him away because of matt. She declared how could I have been so stupid, it was staring at me right in the face and I picked pain and misery over true love’.

Ssh! Alice said it wasn’t your fault dear, you couldn’t have known.

Sniffing Lucy said ‘Mum don’t try to make this easy for me I should have known better. My heart told me matt wasn’t right for me, my spirit tried to tell me, I should have prayed harder about it but I didn’t, I allowed myself to be manipulated by matt’s sweet attention and fake undying love and now I’ve lost Logan forever.’ She sobbed earnestly.

Alice waited for her to compose herself then spoke up ‘Dearie don’t you see, you’re single again’.

Yes! But he’s married. she clarified

No! Naomi is married but not to Logan Alice further clarified.

What! How did you know that? Lucy questioned

I know because Susan told me this erm! so I don’t know why that woman said she was Logan’s wife, but my guess was she was trying to protect the both of you from getting hurt. If you hadn’t known that Logan was married, you would never have allowed him to come close, you were vulnerable, I give the both of you credit, a lot especially to him, it takes a certain kind of love, strength and understanding to walk away from the woman you love especially when she belongs to another man. So all I know is both of you are now single and available. Somehow in the midst of this chaos Jehovah had a plan, and now I believe it’s starting to unfold, I don’t know what’s going to happen but all I ask is that this time around my dear, you need to be ready and alert to the moving of the spirit, because I perceive things are going to happen swiftly and speedily. So get yourself out there and let… true love find you attractive’. Alice caught herself before she said your true love knowing more than she was letting on.

Laughing, Lucy realized her mother’s words were ringing with truth, and she resolved in her mind to truly make herself, presentable and attractive for love tonight. Jumping out of bed, she flung open her closet as she ruffled through her clothes looking for what to wear.

Alice smiled at her youthful exuberance as Lucy started to try on gowns for her to choose. She was happy and the one thing that was going to make her truly happy was if Logan did as he’d boldly stated to her where lucy was concerned the night before when he asked for her permission to propose.

Six hours later

The dinner was in full gear as usual by 7pm, everyone was mingling and chatting already, Logan found himself searching through the crowd quietly for Lucy, praying that she would come. And then Susan who was standing next to Liam by his right suddenly reached out and tapped him, nodding her head to the right for him to see who just came in. And there she was looking stunning in a black and gold taffeta dinner gown, with her hair and make-up all done perfectly, he looked behind her searching for a date and there was one but thankfully it was Alice looking great as well. He found himself watching her as the gentlemen around were all trying to make the both of them feel welcome as one helped them with their coat and another got them drinks from the waiter passing by. Patiently he waited unable to fault the young men who were only trying to be nice, and then eventually she sighted Susan, and waved to her, Susan waved back gesturing for her to come in their direction which she did, dragging Alice in tow. Gesturing at them, she froze her hand in mid air as she saw him, for him time stood still, as he stared at her finding himself happy at her reaction which told him all he needed to know, eventually he nodded at her, she nodded back as she walked slowly towards him still in shock.

Lucy knew she was in a party, but for some reason all the noise had been filtered out of her head as she found herself sailing towards Logan. She thought, Logan was here live and direct, standing in front of her and alone like her mother said earlier. She found herself wondering how could that be? when did he arrive? How long has he been around? Surely he must have heard about matt’s death at some point, so why didn’t he call to speak with her, at least to offer his condolences? Did he still love her or did she imagine all that he said. Confused she grabbed the first glass of liquid that sailed past her downed it once as she found herself constantly checking to see if he was really there, she went through the motions of social greetings with Susan, Liam and their guests around them which was very difficult as he just stood there, in silence.

Lucy dear, are you okay Alice whispered into her ear.

Mum that’s Logan. She whispered back

I know Alice nodded understandingly a light in her eyes.

Lucy instantly turned to hey mother, what do you mean?

Ssh! Just relax sweetie Alice nodded and before Lucy could say anything, she’d dragged Susan away on some excuse of touring the house Liam also tagged along leaving the two of them just standing alone.

Logan knew he should take the lead here but he just wasn’t comfortable speaking to her in a crowd, so grabbing her hand, he turned towards the direction of the back door pulling her with him.

Lucy was startled as Logan grabbed her hand, and like a sheep she followed confident, letting him take the lead, she relaxed when she saw where he was going.

Now outside and alone, before she knew what was happening Logan swiftly turned to her and kissed her.

Lucy pulled back, as shock waves travelled through her.

Logan she began

Lucy he called back

Oh! Whatever Lucy thought in her head as she reached up and kissed him back again.

Now it was Logan’s turn to be startled, he’d kissed her earlier because seeing her he’d finally admitted to himself that, that was all he ever thought off ever since the last time they saw each other, and he just had to get that out of the way. But this was more than he bargained for, and summing all the self control in him he pulled back too.

Lucy he began all of a sudden nothing mattered any longer, no words deserved to be spoken in this moment other than the words he longed to say out loud, ‘I love you so much’

Suddenly happy as the glow of those words, brightened her world she spoke back Logan I’m crazy about you, I love you so much more than you can ever imagine’.

This time around they moved at the same time, as their lips merged together expressing their love for each other in ways and emotions only they understood.

Lucy felt like bursting inside, so overwhelming was this feeling that she didn’t realize she was actually crying. She was so grateful that she’d finally made it back into the arms of the one man she ever wanted, oh! Thank you God, thank you she cried within.

Logan felt the tears prick his skin even as he felt the same exact feeling Lucy felt, knowing there was no other Being worthy of thanksgiving as the one who had arranged this moment, he’d waited all this years trusting that someday God would give him a woman who he truly deserved and loved, and here she was completely and totally his. His Lucy.

Pulling back he wiped her tears with his hands, and then realizing she wasn’t wearing a jacket in the cold night; he removed his and wrapped it all around her.

Thanks Lucy said grateful that he’d noticed.

Silently they stood staring at each other, and then eventually Logan cleared his throat ‘I know there’s so much to talk about but I don’t know where to begin’

Smiling at him Lucy said ‘ I think I know that feeling’.

Turning serious ‘ I’m sorry about Matt, I’m sorry he died on the day we were together, I’m sorry I didn’t call you all this while since I knew, I’m sorry I kissed you before I said all this’.

Smiling again Lucy spoke ‘ there is nothing to be sorry for Logan, you had no control over matt’s death or the day he died either, also I did wonder why you didn’t call me but now I’m glad you didn’t because the me then and the me now were two different persons altogether, I know it’s in your nature to have thought it best to want to give me time to figure things out rather than swoop in on me when I was still vulnerable and finally I’m not sorry about that kiss, I really wanted to, it’s all I thought about whenever I thought of you’.

Logan nodded feeling suddenly happy, then something struck him and he asked ‘you know I’m not married to Naomi right!’

Lucy tried to talk but found herself laughing uncontrollably, in the end cracking up Logan found himself laughing too and not knowing why. Eventually they calmed down and Lucy spoke ‘that was a good one you guys played on me, tell her I said so’.

No! It wasn’t my idea at all, it was all Naomi, wanting to protect me from the image of what she’d imagined you to be before she met you. I’m sorry about it all, but you have to agree it worked out well in the end.

Lucy nodded understandingly, and turning serious she looked down and started to say, but Logan cut in asking

Would you like to have dinner with me tonight Lucy, just us?

Lucy smiled Logan I just want to be with you alone tonight, nobody else, just you.

IT CONTINUES STILL...

SOURCE: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-18/

1 Like

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 3:48pm On Oct 26, 2016
CONTD.....

Two hours later they were still talking as they sat on the floor their backs to the bed, in Logan’s room after having had a makeshift dinner that Logan had arranged for them, the guests were gradually dispersing as the noise downstairs lessened.

…So there I am holding her hugging her while the whole church watches on… Lucy prattled on, as Logan cradled her head under his shoulder. Another hour later ‘ so I look at her and tell her how much I find her attractive but…’ Logan chats on as they try to squeeze eight years of memories into one night as if they have no other night to live for.

Four hours later Lucy looked at her watch realizing the time she gasped, ‘oh my God, my mother must be looking for me’

Laughing Logan said ‘you have no idea how that sounds’

‘Juvenile right, funny though I don’t remember ever having to say that’ Lucy said

Come one, you must have had some rebellious time when you were young, doing what you shouldn’t be doing… Logan answered laughing

Shrugging she said as she stood up ‘ I never did all those things Logan, not because I wasn’t exposed to them or a part of me didn’t want to, but because my mum put the fear of God in me and somewhere along the line I found myself developing standards that guys at that age couldn’t meet, so I wanted to hold on for the right guy’ getting to the door, she turned around and said ‘matt was my first you know’ and went in search of her mother.

Logan sat stunned at the impact of Lucy’s words hit him. He found himself suddenly wondering and asking so many questions in his mind he knew he had no business thinking let alone asking.

Few minutes later, Lucy slipped back into the room unaware of the avalanche of questions she’d set off. She has already gone home, left a message for me with Susan, so I called her, and she told me to stay as long as I wanted that I was old enough to know what was right’ she finished laughing ‘ can you imagine, now I really feel like a teenager’.

Logan joined in but then his eyes turned serious. Lucy he began

Crouching in front of him she called back ‘Lucy and Logan kind of has a nice ring to it don’t you think?’

‘I need to ask you something very personal, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to but I’m just curious need to know, while you were married obviously you and matt were you know

What? Lucy asked confused

You know giving all you’ve said about him was he…

Just ask the question Logan? Lucy asked softly sensing where he was leading

Holding her hands, he asked, was he good to you in the bedroom?’

Blushing Lucy sat back on her bottom, feeling self conscious, she expected this question but not this way. Logan stared at her intently, his eyes pleading with her to be honest and open with him.

Feeling defensive she asked ‘how did we get here?’ she said trying to rise up again

Lucy please, Logan begged pulling her hand down, ‘You can tell me anything, trust me, just trust me please’

Lucy sat back resignedly; wishing tears would save her now from this rendition, but her eyes were dry as the dessert, no tears left. Sighing she spoke matter of factly, ‘I had so much expectations about sex you know, I read about it and thought about a lot as I looked forward to getting married, oh! I bought all the lingerie I could afford, read all the books I could lay my hands on and just filled myself with all the knowledge I felt I needed, mostly because I knew matt was obviously you know, a pro in that area, and I’ve been told that men tend to expect more from their women…, besides it’s also my duty as a Christian wife, so I prepared myself to be the best I could be for him’. She paused gauging Logan’s expression

Logan nodded for her to continue

‘Even when we were courting I could sense that if I ever dropped my guard, he was willing to put more pressure on me, so I was like the control buffer, the one that reminded him of why we couldn’t fornicate, whenever we were together. But I never felt comfortable telling him I was a virgin; I think I gave him a similar impression to what you said earlier.

Lucy stop! Logan cautioned a tone to his voice she’d never heard before

Ignoring him she continued ‘so on our first night…’ she swallowed hard,

Lucy! Logan called again his tone higher as he tried to stop her from giving away too much details, he really didn’t need to know.

Again she ignored him talking quite fast, ‘ once we were alone, he just wanted to be …, except he didn’t know, I tried to tell him, but he was just too much in a hurry, and so I panicked and tried going with the flow of things following my instincts and knowledge, hoping it wouldn’t be so bad, but in effect it actually was’, regret in her eyes, the one moment I waited for was robbed from me so fast. My stupid husband realized his mistake later on but it was like trying to come up a cliff after you’ve fallen, you just had to ride it through till the end and hope for the best. I conceived that night, the one good thing that came out of it’.

Lucy ‘say no more’ Logan demanded pulling her to him, I’m sorry I asked, I don’t know what I was thinking.

It’s okay, I’ve only told my mother details of my marriage to matt, but never this, so it feels good to pour out my heart to someone’. ‘ for so long I blamed myself for the lack of sex in my marriage, because after that night I may have lost some interest in it thereby inadvertently starving matt sexually but still I tried to make an effort now and then just to please him and then he also put a stop to it when we found out I was pregnant saying some stupid excuse of how weird it made him feel and guess what? I accepted it feeling cheerful that I wouldn’t have to rebuff his advances on me, but strangely after that he never made them again not once in the whole cycle of our marriage except for the occasional cuddle now and then which I now realize he must have thought I was someone else, not once did matt try to make love to me and that was how I started to suspect he was having an affair, he had to be, a guy like matt can’t hold out that long, it’s a serious lesson I’ve learnt. I was amazed at the level of self control and loyalty he had for beth which is why on some level I believe now that he must have loved her, I give him credit for that, not even when…’ Lucy went quiet instantly not wanting to finish her sentence.

She saw the questioning look, in Logan’s eye but stood up and walked up to the window where she pretended to study the beautiful view it presented. Sensing Logan was behind her, she decided it best not to turn around but focused intently on her hypothetical view.

Lucy tell me what happened, did he force you, is that what you’re trying not to say? Logan spoke to her back trying hard to control the fury at Matt in his voice.

No! lucy spoke turning around ‘it was me I tried to force him to have sex with me, I tried to seduce him but he left me as soon as she called him on the phone, I felt so humiliated Logan, it was the one time I was so confident of myself and he took it from me in one swoop, I tried to console myself that it was a good thing he didn’t start off with me and finish off with Beth later, but from where I stood I’m not so sure which would have been worse.’

Logan pulled Lucy to him holding her as if she would break, he realized as the anger drained out of him he was glad that matt answered that call, not because of any particular reason but because he knew lucy would feel worse than she felt now if it had been the other way round, he would know because Naomi felt the same way with Shane’.

Pulling apart he told her ‘lucy being with your man should be the most natural thing in the world, it’s not as bad as you think it is I promise you, for how can something created by God for good have a negative effect on you, granted I know your attitude is not of your own doing but of matt’s and I wish I could go back in time and make it all up to you, and give you that one night the way you would have dreamt it, but I can’t. Still I promise you that not one day would go by that I won’t let you know how much I love you in every single way possible, he paused for effect, then said ‘in our bedroom’. and I promise to tell you how much I need you in my life, and how much I’m grateful for all the time we would spend together from now on, I promise to love you with every fiber in my being till there’s nothing left Lucy, if you will accept me faults and all.

Tearily Lucy said ‘oh! Logan that is so sweet, but what… exactly … are you … saying? She asked gasping through her words

Lucy Peters, I’m proposing to you just as I asked your mother’s permission yesterday, for you to marry me’.

Oh! My God, you had it all planned she stated smiling

Not really, but with the right help, I felt bold enough to take a step of faith, going on his knees he asked again ‘ Lucy will you be the love of my life now and forever’

Yes! Logan yes! I will Lucy declared as she went to his arms.

Overjoyed Logan carried her up in the air hugging her tightly. I’m sorry, about the lack of a ring but in the morning we’ll walk into Ernest Jones and pick something for you and also for the kids too.

No matter the price eh! Lucy asked mischievously

Logan threw his head back and laughed, woman thou art loosed! He declared from the power of diamonds.

Together they laughed and then went still as the stared into each other’s eyes, lucy realized that this was the kind of ending she would have wished for anytime any day and told him so, he told he totally agreed. She rested her head on Logan’s shoulders as they both stared into the cold hard night, dreamily thinking of the future and wondering how of all the men and women in love in this world, they got to be so lucky as to get a second chance! Truly to God be the Glory

THE END.

SOURCE: http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-18/

____

Author’s Note

Dear Reader,

What did you think of the story of Lucy?

Logan and Matt?

Beth?

I believe love is everywhere but true love is hard to find, see and recognize. Are you about to make an important decision about marriage in your life? Why don’t you ask the One who knows it all to guide you. I love to call Him the ‘All Knowing God’, but some people I know love to call him ‘Jehovah Arrangee’ ; The God who arranges situations in our favor.

Invite Him into your life and let Him shed his light on your marital destiny path so that you can live your life in His will and He can make it better.

I welcome your comments and questions HERE>>>> http://gospelbreed.com/2016/09/mercy-said-no-episode-18/ <<<<<<

THANKS & GOD BLESS! smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Olajhidey22(m): 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
Incase you missed any of my previously published stories....

You can always check here >>> http://gospelbreed.com/collection-of-all-stories <<<<

wink wink wink wink
Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Missmossy(f): 5:22pm On Oct 26, 2016
Aww this is so wonderful one of my best stories ever. A lot to learn, a big kudos to the author. More wisdom. Lucy and Logan finally had their happily ever after cheesy nice!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercy Said No! - A Christian Romance Story by Flakkydagirl: 5:32pm On Oct 26, 2016
This is amazing,stunning and beautiful.I am glad to have read this great piece.
Well done Olajhidey22,May the good Lord continue to bless you with knowledge.Amen.

Note:It hurts to find out that,just one reader has commented above me.And a lot have viewed and are still viewing.
Please try to encourage the author,one good turn deserves another.
Have a great day.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie And Her Husband Welcomed A Daughter / Switched (story Of A Fierce Battle Between Desperate Infatuation And True Love) / Love In A Circle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 313
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.