Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,041 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:25 PM

Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha (668 Views)

Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) / Mehn! See What Recession Has Done To Ex President, Olusegun Obasanjo (must See) / Recession Over Dramatised – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by indomitablesq(m): 2:24am On Oct 11, 2016
Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, on Monday declared that Nigerians are over dramatizing the current economic recession.
He spoke when he hosted to team of officers from the National Defence College, NDC, at the Government House, Owerri.
“I think what we call recession has been over dramatised. I say so because agriculture had remained the nation’s main pivot upon which all the sectors of our economy revolve”, Okorocha said.
“Because this vital sector has been neglected, it has given rise to poverty today, including the rise in the dollar and the fall of the Naira.
“Most times in Nigeria, we treat the symptoms rather than the disease.
“Let us discuss more about the disease, which is the total neglect of the agricultural sector of the nation’s economy by our past leaders”, he added.
The Governor recalled that before the advent of oil, agriculture provided over 70 percent of employment and resources of the nation, as well as over 75 percent of Nigeria’s foreign reserves.At that time, we were a rich nation. Oil made us lazy. This led us into this recession. Imo State is keying into the revitalization of the agric sector. for more story, log on to- http://indomitablesq..com.ng/2016/10/recession-has-been-over-dramatised.html

Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by Sibrah: 2:33am On Oct 11, 2016
“Most times in Nigeria, we treat the symptoms rather than the disease.
“Let us discuss more about the disease, which is the total neglect of the agricultural sector of the nation’s economy by our past leaders”, he added.

True talk.

1 Like

Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 2:37am On Oct 11, 2016
My Governor

Best Governor in the SE

God bless you sire

1 Like

Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by eleojo23: 2:43am On Oct 11, 2016
sarrki:
My Governor
Best Governor in the SE
God bless you sire
Are you from the south east?
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by tit(f): 2:47am On Oct 11, 2016
eleojo23:

we foolanis are very everywhere
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 2:50am On Oct 11, 2016
eleojo23:

Must I come from the south east for me to comment

On a great achiever like owelle Rochas ?

We are in a global world

Less I forgethink, FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

1 Like

Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 2:51am On Oct 11, 2016
tit:

Sis you know details sleep?
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 2:54am On Oct 11, 2016
tit:

Sis So you are FOOLANIS that's nice
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by eleojo23: 2:58am On Oct 11, 2016
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by Kingsley1000(m): 3:13am On Oct 11, 2016
thank you rochas for speaking the truth .......wailers will still come to criticize you
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by sarrki(m): 3:26am On Oct 11, 2016
Kingsley1000:
thank you rochas for speaking the truth .......wailers will still come to criticize you

You are blessed my bro
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by Bitterleafsoup: 3:59am On Oct 11, 2016
Kingsley1000:
Speaking of truth telling which agriculture project has he embarked on in Imo?
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by zinachidi(m): 4:06am On Oct 11, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:
preach man, preach....

1 Like

Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:10am On Oct 11, 2016
Rochas
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by Blue3k(m): 4:18am On Oct 11, 2016
Bitterleafsoup:

I thought private industry grows food. He can only incentivise them to invest. I wonder how who want to go invest with Governor cockroach runs dirty imo stae. Trash mountain on Douglas road.

On a serious note why does everyone clamour for days of agricultural being main focus of economy. It still has its place but industrialization is future. We need to get grid workon start manufacturing more.
Re: Recession Has Been Over-dramatised - Okorocha by Mynd44: 5:00am On Oct 11, 2016

(1)

Buhari Appoints Two New Supreme Court Justices / The President & His Quintessential Swag / Lady States The Kind Of Room She Belongs To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.