Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,823 members, 7,820,887 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Read This Before Judging The Judges. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Read This Before Judging The Judges. (1640 Views)

Judging Willie Obiano And His Footprint On Infrastructure Transcends Anambra / Wait For Four Years Before Judging Us- Amaechi / "If The Judges Should Resign, Buhari Should Also Resign Over WAEC Result" -Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Read This Before Judging The Judges. by cindyrocks(f): 6:38am On Oct 11, 2016
THE DSS AND THEIR PHANTOM DOLLARS...

A few months ago and in my usual Buhari passion, I was one of those that celebrated those phantom dollar discoveries.

The DSS or is it the EFCC had gone to town with the news of the discovery of One Million Dollars in raw cash hidden inside the "soak away" of the former Director of Budget of the Nigeria Airforce in his house at Badagry.

I celebrated the "mega discovery". I was at my grammatical best and as usual, I was joined by the army of my fellow Buhari supporters. Meanwhile, as I celebrated, I never saw any evidence anywhere. No pictures, no statements from the suspects but it didn't matter. This is Buhari after all, the anti corruption Chutzpah. Even when Eric Uchenna Chimara sent me an inbox asking me to check well before I celebrate, I ignored him.
Till today, no one saw any dollar anywhere.

I am amazed at what we celebrate. As a Buhari supporter, I understand the psychology of the average Buhari supporter. We are starved of action. Daily we seek something to celebrate about our fabled warlord and so, whatever we hear, we enter town. We don't think, we don't ask questions. Don't blame us. It's our cross. We will carry it.

Even my fellow Buhari supporter and brother, Ugo Aladum in his desperation to confer legitimacy on the actions of the DSS quoted the words of the Presidential Aide on Prosecution, Okoi Obono Obla and added the title (SAN) to his name. In his wild goose chase, he forgot that Obla is not a SAN. Aladum made the Cross River born politician and lawyer a SAN. Just like the DSS took over the job of the NJC in the investigation of judges, Aladum took over the job of the Legal Practitioners Privileges Committee in conferring the title of SAN on people. In his mind, that's the only way to legitimize what our man and his men did. Once a SAN speaks law, it's final. Don't blame him. Pity him. He is my comrade in the Buhari army. That's our lot. We grope in the dark for something to celebrate.

What of the Dieziani billions? Where are they?
The billions found inside one phantom vault inside the Akwa Ibom State Government House nko?
What of the Dasuki billions?

People saw a typed document and went to town. No signatures, no name of any officer and no evidence of where the document emanated from. But it doesn't matter. Once Angel Buhari is involved, it must be true...somehow.

Till date, none of these judges have spoken. No one has heard their voices. Yet we have passed judgment on them.

Justice Adeniyi lied. That's the other story. He said he was not at home but his cell phone signal gave him away. My friends laugh and celebrate. Ask them the source of that story and they will tell you to forget it. These are grown men and women o! This Buhari passion is dangerously infectious. Believe me.

On CHANNELS TV, during their 8pm news last night, a transcription of the dialogue between Justice Adeniyi and the DSS when they stormed km his house was shown. Anyone who listened will recall that. The man asked them who they were and they said DSS. Open the door. The Judge said...I NEED TO CALL MY LAWYER, and the DSS MAN replied ARE YOU NOT A LAWYER? and the Judge said I AM NOT A LAWYER, I AM A JUDGE OF THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT.
This exchange was shown on TV last night. Only the good Lord knows where the story of the man saying he was not at home came from.

Be careful what you believe. We are dealing with Judges here. Wait until you hear their own side of the story.
Have you seen any pictures of any money seized? Do you think that the DSS will waste time in showing such money if they had it?

Judges are not street boys that have no brains. In the judiciary, you will find the most brilliant men God created. They are not saints. There may be cases against them but don't gloat in a hurry. Wait till you hear both sides of the story.

Again, finding money in the house of a judge is no conclusive proof of crime. Judges are not poor people by any standard. They were lawyers before joining the Bench. A good number of them were successful lawyers and had invested. Apart from being well paid, lots of them do other things. They deliver lectures both at home and abroad. They speak at international fora and they get handsome honorarium. They write books and contribute to learned journals. They get paid for these. Since no one is sure of how much was exactly found in their homes, I suggest we wait.
The DSS said they found evidence of landed property and in their minds, they are evidence of crime. This is very ridiculous. A Judge is so poor that he can't own property? Even a Justice of the Supreme Court? Chai!

A Supreme Court Justice has been in the judiciary for at 25 years minimum. They are well paid. They have wives who are professionals in their own fields. Some of their wives are successful businesswomen. Most of them have successful children in different professions across the world.

This is not the first time I am saying this.
When some months ago, the DSS with the support of the action starved social media Army went to town with the news that jewelries worth billions of Naira were found in the bedroom of Dieziani Alison Madueke plus documents showing ownership of houses, and as people danced, I reminded us that Dieziani didn't join government from the streets. She was and remains the first woman to become an Executive Director at Shell. If you understand the oil industry, you will know that an ED at SHELL should own jewelry and houses. Again, she is the wife of a man who was Military Governor of the old Imo and Anambra states. A man who commanded several key commands of the Nigerian Navy and later became Chief of Naval Staff. Such a woman can never be poor even if she were a full time housewife. Again, she is the daughter of a key traditional ruler in Bayelsa State with huge cash. She didn't attend any Nigerian University. She studied abroad. The daughter of a poor man cannot do that.
My point was finding jewelry in the house of such a woman is no conclusive proof of crime.

It will be interesting when this case will come to court, that is, if it will ever come. It will be interesting to see how these men of law will stand in the dock and take pleas before their brother Judges.
Buhari and his DSS apparatchik may have won this initial battle but will they win this war?

Let's wait and see.

By the early hours of this morning, they had released Justice Ngwuta of the Supreme Court and Justice Pindiga.

Don't celebrate too early.

Is it not the same DSS that told us of the discovery of a certain shallow grave somewhere in Isuikwuato with scores of dead bodies of Fulani herdsmen buried there? Till date and months after, no one has seen any grave nor any bodies.

Onyebuchi Ememanka

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Nobody: 6:44am On Oct 11, 2016
They should be tried ASAP and thrown into jail. Bunch of rogues. They were too late to know that a new sherrif is in town. . . Wailers, you guys are just so pathetic!
Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Hitback2back: 6:46am On Oct 11, 2016
APC government feeding Nigerians with lies.

8 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by cindyrocks(f): 6:49am On Oct 11, 2016
I wonder why some people have become so gullible all of a sudden.

How can any sane person believe propagandists without any form of evidence shown to them?

7 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 11, 2016
I think no one is corrupt in Nigeria.

Im confused. I dont know what to bliv.

Better leave this cursed country while i still can.

God is against Nigeria

Nigeria is against Nigeria

NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE GREAT
Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by BossKratos: 7:05am On Oct 11, 2016
I even send DSS or the judges sef?

undecided
Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Aegon(m): 7:09am On Oct 11, 2016
The story will soon change. The long term effect of this barbaric and dastardly act will not go down well in the future. The full ramifications of it will soon be known. The typical Nigerian rejoices too soon, he is quick to pass judgement and conclusions. He doesn't bother with painstaking alternative or original thought. He awaits the sensationalism of the media and runs away with what they feed him with.
Politicians have keyed into this strategy to the extent that apart from a minister of information the Presidency has a whooping 5 media aides and one economic aide. Even to the extent that the ministry of information has more budgetary provisions than the Agric ministry.

That's why the chants of Sai Buhari have suddenly quietened and the reality of wrong choices have hit home. In IMO State the government refused to do its duty in order to punish the people. Imagine? The same people who put you in power. I can't understand it. In 18months these same government will go and campaign to the people to return to power. The people never learn and the Politicians know this.

6 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Abeymills(m): 7:10am On Oct 11, 2016
We saw how doors were destroyed bullet holes like they want 2 arrest shekau of bubuharis boko haram but d useles daura secret service can not show us d money dey recovered as evidence it's only zombies that feed on thiers lies very useles

9 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:25am On Oct 11, 2016
The writer spent time writing this, and yeah he made lots of good points and also raised alot of unanswered questions begging for answers. The DSS couldn't show us snapshots of all the dollars and pounds

7 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by bennyann: 7:56am On Oct 11, 2016
Good observation OP
Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by cindyrocks(f): 8:53am On Oct 11, 2016
You are not a Nigerian.
Freiden:
I think no one is corrupt in Nigeria.

Im confused. I dont know what to bliv.

Better leave this cursed country while i still can.

God is against Nigeria

Nigeria is against Nigeria

NIGERIA WILL NEVER BE GREAT

1 Like

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by ivandragon: 9:26am On Oct 11, 2016
most supporters of this regime know that the stories do not add up.

1 Like

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 11, 2016
cindyrocks:
You are not a Nigerian.

Im a Nigerian, but im not proud to be one.

Im just bn realistic. You can pray for Nigeria all you want....the prayers will never be answered.

Prayer wey una don dey pray since 1914....wey sign say God hear am no dey

#Mtcheeeew
Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by mej67: 10:47am On Oct 11, 2016
modelmike7:
They should be tried ASAP and thrown into jail. Bunch of rogues. They were too late to know that a new sherrif is in town. . . Wailers, you guys are just so pathetic!

My dear, you are atypical example of op's writeup.

Your mind is made up already -kwarupt!

But the unfortunate thing for Buhari and his APC govt is what I will tell you now.

They have been fighting everybody and everything, but now they have fought with their 'chi', their ancestral spirit and the result is doom as always.

I ask you, in whose court will they arraigned those judges? Military tribunal, civilian commission of enquiry? No be another fellow judge?

You wait and see. This alleged crime must be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Full weight of the law will apply here including technicalities. Those judges cannot be convicted. Never.

It's the same APC govt. Whose rise was on the bases of stolen mandates of defunct ACN which the secured via the judiciary. Mark my word, for Buhari and his APC govt., this is the beginning of the end.

4 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 10:55am On Oct 11, 2016
Just when I was about giving up on finding just one critical mind in Nigeria, this came up....
Too many questions begging for answers, but Nigerian youths do not reason anymore, they just desperately need to make a hero out of someone who doesn't have anything to offer.

We only see the need to come online and display our shallow reasoning thinking we're intelligent and smart. An intelligent person is someone who is always able at all times, to reason outside the box, just like the writer of this article has shown.

Nairalanders, whenever you read a story, especially all these sensational stories by this dishonest government and it's agencies, just sit down and ask yourselves some questions before rushing to comment, just so you don't make a fool out of yourselves.

3 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by LaClicKLaBenDin(m): 11:00am On Oct 11, 2016
mej67:

My dear, you are atypical example of op's writeup.

Your mind is made up already -kwarupt!

But the unfortunate thing for Buhari and his APC govt is what I will tell you now.

They have been fighting everybody and everything, but now they have fought with their 'chi', their ancestral spirit and the result is doom as always.

I ask you, in whose court will they arraigned those judges? Military tribunal, civilian commission of enquiry? No be another fellow judge?

You wait and see. This alleged crime must be proven beyond reasonable doubt. Full weight of the law will apply here including technicalities. Those judges cannot be convicted. Never.

It's the same APC govt. Whose rise was on the bases of stolen mandates of defunct ACN which the secured via the judiciary. Mark my word, for Buhari and his APC govt., this is the beginning of the end.

Don't mind all these pay per click nairalanders.

It's now obvious that many people on nairaland are paid to post.
The same judiciary that our certificateless president used in scuttling his no-certificate case, right? Until that man produces his certificate, he remains a fraud.

2 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Kingsley1000(m): 11:02am On Oct 11, 2016
PMB may not be perfect, but the man is laying some good precedence for future administrations, call it commando style or not. Its after PMB leaves power, we will appreciate it better. Whoever will be the next President after PMB from any party will have to fight corruption whether he likes it or not cos even Nigerians abusing PMB today will mount pressure on future Presidents to deal with whoever still wants to chop our yams in any form. PMB will be a reference point for even those who hate him to pieces now. Its either you kill corruption or it kills any society. CORRUPTION AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CANNOT CO-HABIT.
Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Kingsley1000(m): 11:03am On Oct 11, 2016
PMB may not be perfect, but the man is laying some good precedence for future administrations, call it commando style or not. Its after PMB leaves power, we will appreciate it better. Whoever will be the next President after PMB from any party will have to fight corruption whether he likes it or not cos even Nigerians abusing PMB today will mount pressure on future Presidents to deal with whoever still wants to chop our yams in any form. PMB will be a reference point for even those who hate him to pieces now. Its either you kill corruption or it kills any society. CORRUPTION AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT CANNOT CO-HABIT.

1 Like

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by meccuno: 11:11am On Oct 11, 2016
modelmike7:
going by your thoughts,if they should be tried and thrown into jail,then they are guilty already. So there is no need for them to appear in court. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? I understand as a Nigerian,you need a little "action" to aat least show that your god buhari is "working". But you need to be critical in your reasoning. Nigeria is not a mob state where jungle justice reigns supreme.try to be less emotional.

2 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by major466(m): 11:15am On Oct 11, 2016
Media trial will be the undoing of this govt.

1 Like

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by MENZPRIDE(m): 2:09pm On Oct 11, 2016
What this Govt is doing is a gradual assault on the Psyche of Nigerians. What baffles me is the way and manner most young persons are celebrating the circumvention of due process and rule of law in the guise of fighting corruption.
I am not against the Anti-Corruption fight, and I am not sure any sane mind would be against it. But let's fight with due diligence. Nigeria has been corrupt for over 50 years now, I don't know why the DSS and the Presidency are in such a hurry.
There corrupt persons on every land even in developed countries, but without a water-tight evidence it is difficult to put them away for a long time. When you are in haste to fight corruption, you leave loopholes that can and will be exploited by the corrupts.
Talk of "Sting Operation" is laughable. Sam Allardyce was recently relieved of his job as England coach with the euphemism "Mutual Agreement". Everyone involved knows what happened, that is sting operation!

CORRUPTION CAN ONLY FIGHT BACK AND WIN WHEN WE ONLY PLUCK THE FRUITS AND LEAVES OFF A CORRUPT TREE.

3 Likes

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by Max24: 2:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
Kingsley1000:
PMB may not be perfect, but the man is laying some
good precedence for future administrations, call it
commando style or not. Its after PMB leaves power, we
will appreciate it better.
Whoever will be the next President after PMB from any
party will have to fight corruption whether he likes it or
not cos even Nigerians abusing PMB today will mount
pressure on future Presidents to deal with whoever still
wants to chop our yams in any form. PMB will be a
reference point for even those who hate him to pieces
now. Its either you kill corruption or it kills any society.
CORRUPTION AND NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
CANNOT CO-HABIT.
Is corruption a Nigerian thing or all humans thing ? Even in western countries u have corruption. But they have a system to fight it. They use institutions but respect due process. We are not in crude times when jungle justice rains. Anybody who wants to become Nigerian President must have the intellectual acumen to lead using due process to achieve his aims. An example is the TSA concept of NOI. Though it has its challenges , it is a creative way to track govt spendings instead of this govts method of sending arresting everyone. This govt simply lack intelligent ways to handle Nigeria's problems hence their resort to archaic methods. It looks like the more this govt fights its one sided corruption the more the economy dips and that should not be the case. If they fight unbiased corruption the right way foreign investors will come in and we will be happy. But this govt seems not to have that capacity apart from brute force. We need a charismatic leader that is honest and current.

1 Like

Re: Read This Before Judging The Judges. by cindyrocks(f): 2:31am On Oct 14, 2016
Oga Seun good morning to you. Can you please take this to front page?

(1) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun: Some Of The Results On Inec Official Sheet (pics). / INC, IYC And Division Within Ijaw Apex Groups / What Is Happening To Lagos...Refuse Everywhere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.