Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees (39403 Views)

Buhari Nominates 3 New NDDC Board Members, Sends Their Names To Senate / Senate Confirms Buhari's Nominees For Supreme Court, INEC & NCC / Confirmation Of Buhari’s Nominees Stalls In Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2016
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by emmykk(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
the journalist who wrote that the norminees were not screen is shiny brown goat.

ndoma egba took a bow yet he aaid they were not screen.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by CSTR2: 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
awelekiti:
Dem dey vex as dem no see money chop like before, lol
na you dey see the money chop now abi?
Keep defending nonsense.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Kobicove(m): 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
I hope it's not initial gragra undecided
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by oweman: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
lucrownt:
My Opinion! The National Assembly Members' Salaries should be cut because all these Yeye Senators and Reps are not there for our sake. Civil Servants' Salaries are not usually paid on time but theirs are always paid steadily..

Nigerians are not smiling
A Cup (Peak Milk Size) of Rice is now #70..
This HARDSHIP is too much

Go tell your parents to go farm too you can't sit down claiming you sell okrika and tooth paste while others go farm to feed you ..
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by kryptonian1987(m): 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2016
What does North central and North east get to do with Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)?
Sombori, please explain....

4 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by wellmax(m): 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
Opharhe:
I support this. You can not be there in the board without coming from an oil - producing community.

I am sure you didn't read the post, if you did you would have noticed members from North Central, North East and North west, abi there is oil there too?

3 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by nurusystem(m): 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Nice one from the Senate

Any illegal or ethnic favoured appointment by Buhari must be rejected.

Buhari is unrepentant stinking ethno-religious bigot dictator ----Barack Obama 2016
Is a idiot like your father

1 Like

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by wellmax(m): 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
kryptonian1987:
What does North central and North east get to do with Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)?
Sombori, please explain....

It is a requirement by law to have at least one person from zones outside the ND

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by agabusta: 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
realunclej:
That was Oke first political assignment in Ondo State and that was many years back. It was after he finished his tenure he became the national adviser of PDP then. He can't go back to a position he once held. But given it to Ajasin is what I don't understand because he is not from oil producing area.

Oh, that's true.

Well, they should give Kekemeke then. He should vacate the Chairmanship seat.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by wellmax(m): 8:40pm On Oct 11, 2016
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Nice one from the Senate

Any illegal or ethnic favoured appointment by Buhari must be rejected.

Buhari is unrepentant stinking ethno-religious bigot dictator ----Barack Obama 2016[/b]

Hatred kills faster than cancer. The hated feels nothing, the hater dies slowly.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by jaafree: 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
finalbosss1:

https://www.naij.com/1003728-happening-now-senate-confirms-nddc-nominees-full-list.html
. And if baba make a serious move now they will start saying a dictator!, why they know wan allow am work with the people he feels like

1 Like

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Opharhe: 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
wellmax:

I am sure you didn't read the post, if you did you would have noticed members from North Central, North East and North west, abi there is oil there too?
You don't get. The ones from other non oil producing States you're talking about are required by the law establishing NDDC. Mind you, those ones are just there to fulfil the Constitutional requirement as non-oil producing areas supervisors. The ones the Senate rejected are supposed to be there in capacities as board members representing oil - producing areas across the Niger - Delta. Hope you understand now.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by wellmax(m): 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
Opharhe:
You don't get. The ones from other non oil producing States you're talking about are required by the law establishing NDDC. Mind you, those ones are just there to fulfil the Constitutional requirement as non-oil producing areas supervisors. The ones the Senate rejected are supposed to be there in capacities as board members representing oil - producing areas across the Niger - Delta. Hope you understand now.
Please stop! Because you are from ND doesn't mean you have to be in NNDC. There are other criterion that the Senate has to look at. I think I'd been simple and clear enough.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by whiskystan: 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2016
nuted:

I guess you didn't read that article

From his moniker u will.know that he does not have time to read anything whenever he sees the name of buhari. ℓ☺ℓ

3 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Opharhe: 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
wellmax:

Please stop! Because you are from ND doesn't mean you have to be in NNDC. There are other criterion that the Senate has to look at. I think I'd been simple and clear enough.
Of course. Every Niger-Deltan cannot be members of the NDDC board. The President reserves the right to appoint people s/he wants from the Niger - Delta. But aside the 1 or 2 members required by law from non-oil producing areas, all the board members must be from one of the Nine(9) States which make up the oil - oil producing areas of the Niger - Delta.
Mind you, it is called Niger - Delta Development cooperation you hear? And it basically concerns the Niger-Delta specially.
I think I've tried in educating you.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by nzeobi(m): 9:42pm On Oct 11, 2016
Opharhe:
I support this. You can not be there in the board without coming from an oil - producing community.
No 14-19 are all northerners.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by nwakibie3(m): 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2016
Opharhe:
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by nwakibie3(m): 9:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
Opharhe:

What of those northerners there?

1 Like

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Opharhe: 9:56pm On Oct 11, 2016
Opharhe:
Opharhe:
Of course. Every Niger-Deltan cannot be members of the NDDC board. The President reserves the right to appoint people s/he wants from the Niger - Delta. But aside the 1 or 2 members required by law from non-oil producing areas, all the board members must be from one of the Nine(9) States which make up the oil - oil producing areas of the Niger - Delta.
Mind you, it is called Niger - Delta Development cooperation you hear? And it basically concerns the Niger-Delta specially.
nwakibie3:

What of those northerners there?
nzeobi:

No 14-19 are all northerners.
The people rejected are supposed to be there in capacities as board members representing oil producing areas but we're disqualified because they're not from oil-producing areas in their respective States.
The Northerners there are like observers. It's required by law. Hope you guys are cleared?
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by ewosk: 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
However, three out of the 19 were not confirmed. They include Hon.Donatus Enyinnaya of Abia state, Sen. OSita Bonaventure Izunaso, Imo state and Olatokunbo Ayotunde Ajasin of Ondo state.

NIGER DELTA HAVE SUFFERED.....THIS ADMINISTRATION HAVE LOOPSIDED APPOINTMENTS---THEY HAVE TAKEN NEPOTISM TO A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL...

SO NO ONE NOTICED THIS shocked shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by proeast(m): 10:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
GMan650:
Why are Northerners on the list?

Are they from Niger Delta now
Just imagine What are those parasites from the north doing on the board of NDDC In short "I am not understanding"

3 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by lucianohase(m): 10:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
Please, what are these northerners doing in nddc management?? On what ground did the FG include northeast, north Central n north west? I even prefer lagos n anambra to be included since there is oil there instead of this northern crap.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by eyeview: 10:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
I can see that there are northern representatives on the board of nddc. My question is this: there's North East Development Commission which has startwd dishing out over inflated contracts to cronies like atiku etc. How many southerners(if any) is in that board?

4 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by wellmax(m): 10:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
Opharhe:

Hahahah educate who?
Go back and read your adjoining posts and where you completely lack cohenrency in the flow of ideas. But again its nairaland, a place for every dick and harry. I moved on

*modified*
I see everyone trying to correct you, but you stick to yur ignorant guns. Carry on, enjoy the NL fame for a moment, albeit, for the wrong reasons. Grow up and learn to communicate your line of thought succinctly in unambiguous terms.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by wellmax(m): 10:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
eyeview:
I can see that there are northern representatives on the board of nddc. My question is this: there's North East Development Commission which has startwd dishing out over inflated contracts to cronies like atiku etc. How many southerners(if any) is in that board?

Since you asked, let me answer you. The law establishing NEDC, just like NNDC and other related agencies require board members who will comprise a few people from outside the zone that the commission is meant to cater for as observers and for balancing.
That said, you don't come to public fora and make unsubstantiated claims. Which inflated contract was given to Atiku or 'cronies' . its people like you that make us think the social media bill will in fact be necessary.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by wellmax(m): 11:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
[s]
ewosk:
However, three out of the 19 were not confirmed. They include Hon.Donatus Enyinnaya of Abia state, Sen. OSita Bonaventure Izunaso, Imo state and Olatokunbo Ayotunde Ajasin of Ondo state.

NIGER DELTA HAVE SUFFERED.....THIS ADMINISTRATION HAVE LOOPSIDED APPOINTMENTS---THEY HAVE TAKEN NEPOTISM TO A WHOLE DIFFERENT LEVEL...

SO NO ONE NOTICED THIS shocked shocked shocked shocked

[/s]

Mumu, of course we noticed your stvpidity. So the ones confirmed are from daura right. Isi ewu
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Opharhe: 11:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
wellmax:

Hahahah educate who?
Go back and read your adjoining posts and where you completely lack cohenrency in the flow of ideas. But again its nairaland, a place for every dick and harry. I moved on

*modified*
I see everyone trying to correct you, but you stick to yur ignorant guns. Carry on, enjoy the NL fame for a moment, albeit, for the wrong reasons. Grow up and learn to communicate your line of thought succinctly in unambiguous terms.
I did enough explanations already but it appears you have a problem with comprehension.
This is the last time I'll give you the benefit of a reply.
Shalom.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by HandsomeKing: 11:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
The northerners wan even take style pass indigents.. How can the Commission be true to her mission and vision while Northerners that sit on her board are almost more that all Niger Delta Reps put together.. standing by to grab the juiciest projects with power and get them paid for without executing them!

GMan650:
Why are Northerners on the list?

Are they from Niger Delta now
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by nevilbot: 11:29pm On Oct 11, 2016
realunclej:
That was Oke first political assignment in Ondo State and that was many years back. It was after he finished his tenure he became the national adviser of PDP then. He can't go back to a position he once held. But given it to Ajasin is what I don't understand because he is not from oil producing area.

Wrong sir, that was oke's second assignment and not his ist. He was ist osopadec chairman under agagu. It was When he finished his tenure as osopadec chairman he went on to represent ondo state on d nddc board. Then with d coming of mimiko and labour party, he became pdp national lawyer and legal adviser. He resigned from that post to contest against mimiko later
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Ojukkwufrank: 11:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
CSTR2:
na you dey see the money chop now abi?
Keep defending nonsense.

The scam artist is here again.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by texazzpete(m): 5:39am On Oct 12, 2016
HandsomeKing:
The northerners wan even take style pass indigents.. How can the Commission be true to her mission and vision while Northerners that sit on her board are almost more that all Niger Delta Reps put together.. standing by to grab the juiciest projects with power and get them paid for without executing them!

You need to see an optometrist ASAP.

Then after that, see Prophet TB Joshua for deliverance from imbecility.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Garba Shehu Is My Boy" - Deji Adeyanju / ₦‎5,000 Recharge Cards To Support Governor Sanwo-Olu's Re-Election Bid (Photos) / Zahra Buhari And Adekunle Gold Are Sickle Cell Aid Ambassadors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.