Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees (39384 Views)

Buhari Nominates 3 New NDDC Board Members, Sends Their Names To Senate / Senate Confirms Buhari's Nominees For Supreme Court, INEC & NCC / Confirmation Of Buhari’s Nominees Stalls In Senate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by finalbosss1(m): 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
The Nigerian Senate has began consideration of nominees for Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) board with Senate president Bukola Saraki presiding over the plenary.

The Senate reverted to committee of the whole to deliberate on their confirmation.

However, three out of the 19 were not confirmed. They include Hon.Donatus Enyinnaya of Abia state, Sen. OSita Bonaventure Izunaso, Imo state and Olatokunbo Ayotunde Ajasin of Ondo state.

Saraki thanked the committee for their efforts and congratulated the chairman and the new members of the board.

Two months ago, the Senate officially received a letter from President Muhammadu Buhari requesting the confirmation of Victor Ndoma Egba as chairman and Isima Ekere as managing director of the NDDC.

The Nigerian Senate had on Tuesday, October 4, screened Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, the former Senate leader, as chairman of NDDC board and other members.

However, the former Senate leader was not screened, but spoke briefly to his colleagues, even as he was later asked to take a bow.

Read full list of the nominees below:

1. Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba – Chairman – Cross River state

2. Nsima Udo Ekere – Managing Director – Akaw-Ibom state

3. Engr Adjogbe Samuel – Executive director – Delta state

4. Mene Derek – Executive director (finance and administration) – Rivers state

5. Hon. Donatus Enyinnah – member – Abia state

6. Frank Samuel George – member – Akwa-Ibom state

7. Prof. Brambaifa Nelson – member – Bayelsa state

8. Sylvester Nsa – member – Cross-River state

9. Dr. Ogaga Ifowodo – member- Delta state

10. Hon. Uwuile Saturday – member – Edo state

11. Sen. Osita Izunaso – member – Imo state

12. Olatokunbo Ajasin – member- Ondo state

13. Harry Dabibi – member Rivers state

14. Benard Banfa – member- North central zone

15. Yahaya Mohammed – member – Northeast zone

16. Mustapha Dankadai – member – Northwest zone

17. Igo Weli – member -Niger Delta

18. Mahmoud Isa-Dutse – member- Federal Ministry of Finance

19. Abdul-Kazeem Bayero – member – Federal Ministry of Environment

See photo of the nominees below which was twitted by @ngrsenate

https://www.naij.com/1003728-happening-now-senate-confirms-nddc-nominees-full-list.html

1 Like

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ok
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Lifestone(m): 4:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Interesting
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by kingsman66(m): 5:13pm On Oct 11, 2016
sen.osita izunaso you are a learned politician.
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by agabusta: 5:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
Mr. Tokunbo Ajasin go dey vex now. cheesy Sorry, try again later. Make them give Olushola Oke now, make him cool down with that one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by softmind24: 5:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
cheesy
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Opharhe: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
I support this. You can not be there in the board without coming from an oil - producing community.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by ChangetheChange: 7:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Nice one from the Senate

Any illegal or ethnic favoured appointment by Buhari must be rejected.

Buhari is unrepentant stinking ethno-religious bigot dictator ----Barack Obama 2016

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by wakes: 7:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
2 Ibos
1 Yoruba or am I missing something?

1 Like

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by GMan650(m): 7:46pm On Oct 11, 2016
Why are Northerners on the list?

Are they from Niger Delta now

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
Let the battle continue
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by kingphilip(m): 7:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
I wanted to ask if it's pay back time so soon but I'm not going to proceed just yet

I pray they deliver though and let the general populace be their main goal of service instead of their pockets

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 11, 2016
My Opinion! The National Assembly Members' Salaries should be cut because all these Yeye Senators and Reps are not there for our sake. Civil Servants' Salaries are not usually paid on time but theirs are always paid steadily..

Nigerians are not smiling
A Cup (Peak Milk Size) of Rice is now #70..
This HARDSHIP is too much

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by flokii: 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
Opharhe:
I support this. You can not be there in the board without coming from an oil - producing community.

you're right.. this news speaks volume tho.

agitators can now see for themselves
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Nobody: 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
Nice one from the Senate
Buhari is unrepentant stinking ethno-religious bigot dictator ----Barack Obama 2016
I guess you didn't read that article

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by flokii: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
ChangetheChange:
grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin

Nice one from the Senate

I'm waiting patiently to see if any of those anti-bigotry activists will correct you on this..

you've committed a very serious crime even attaching Obama's name if you don't know.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
Op please

Let us knw the reason why the senate didn't approve of them, very essential

Before tribal bigots start having a field day
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by IMASTEX: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
action film
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
Op please

Let us knw the reason why the senate didn't approve of them, very essential

Before tribal bigots start having a field day
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by esthel(f): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
What are those northerners doing on the board sef, even the reps from those ministries or niger delta people have gone into extinction there, parasitic homo sapiens.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by CharleyCharley: 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Buhari is a bastardized bastard.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by summerflame(m): 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by delishpot: 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
They should put my name Na. There are many more Nigerians that are qualified to handle things
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by SamuelAnyawu(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ndoma Egba?

1 Like

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Mopolchi: 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
wakes:
2 Ibos 1 Yoruba or am I missing something?
Shatap

4 Likes

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by ricson11(m): 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
Please the rejected ones should try again later the network is really bad now.thank you

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by osesology(m): 7:58pm On Oct 11, 2016
Drama
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by ArabMopol(m): 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
abeg I won ask if north central and north east are part of Niger Delta, because I can't still phantom what those mallams doing in affairs.... must they be in every sector...

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Sweetcollins: 7:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Payback period loading...
Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by realunclej(m): 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
agabusta:
Mr. Tokunbo Ajasin go dey vex now. cheesy Sorry, try again later. Make them give Olushola Oke now, make him cool down with that one.
That was Oke first political assignment in Ondo State and that was many years back. It was after he finished his tenure he became the national adviser of PDP then. He can't go back to a position he once held. But given it to Ajasin is what I don't understand because he is not from oil producing area.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Board: Senate Rejects Three Of President Buhari's Nominees by Abbeyme: 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
Good Omen.

Our legislative arm should not necessarily be rubber stamp people.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023 Presidency: Bola Tinubu Trends After Dele Momodu's Article / Rutile, Galena, Uranium Discovered In Cross River State By Chinese Men (Photos) / Dino Melaye Wears PDP Agbada As He Poses With His Cars (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.