Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders (3706 Views)

I Rather Die Than To Have APC Win Rivers State In 2019, Gov Wike Cries / Nigeria More Divided Under Buhari Than Any Time In History – Charles Soludo / Nigeria More Divided Under Buhari Than Under Jonathan – Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Yobo34(m): 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
2019: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner – Northern Leaders

Senior Northern Leaders on Monday, October 10, have said that despite the current economic woes characterizing the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, their votes for him (Buhari), in the 2015 Presidential election, were never wasted.
A former Secretary of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Hakeem Baba-Ahmed, who spoke on behalf of the Northern Elders, at the Northern Group’s Summit, organised by the Northern Elders Forum, in Kaduna, said that if Buhari, or any Northern candidate contests for Presidency in 2019, they would gladly vote in their favour.
While speaking, Hakeem said: “Today, we meet in Kaduna, in a vastly-improved security atmosphere, with the Boko Haram sect pinned to enclaves. Some will say thank you to President Buhari; we will say, you have delivered on one of your promises, which was to improve our security.”
Hakeem however, reminded the President, that there was hunger and starvation in the land. He said, “We will not join those who say President Buhari, should stop reminding us of a past that is haunting us today, but we will join those who remind him daily, that hunger is stalking millions of homes.
“Inflation is making life difficult by the day. People are losing their jobs. Businesses are closing down. “Infrastructure is decaying. Young Nigerians are losing hope of being employed. Our hospitals are full of people who suffer mysterious illnesses, and they cannot afford the fees.”
Hakeem, said despite the current economic woes in the country, the Northern votes for Buhari in 2015, were not wasted, insisting that the North did not make a mistake in voting for the President. He added, “So, those who are disposed to listen, please listen. Northern votes were not wasted in electing President Buhari.
“In 2019, we will also use our votes in a manner consistent with our interests as Northerners. We did not make a mistake in putting up a solid, united front as Northerners, in spite of our ethno-religions differences.” Meanwhile, the Chairman, Northern Governors Forum, and helmsman of Borno State, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, has said that nobody, be it the Indigenous People of Biafra, or any other separatist agitators, can divide Nigeria.
Shettima, said the current calls by some Nigerians, particularly the Igbos, and other ethnic nationalities in the country, were purely the handiwork of those who had lost in the “chess of power politics” in the country.
He noted, that there was no single ethnic nationality in the country that had a greater stake in the continued existence of Nigeria than the Igbos, saying that continuous agitation for the decimation of the country, would remain an illusion.
Besides, Shettima argued that the greatest tragedy that befell the country, was the emergence of the Goodluck Jonathan administration. The Borno State Governor, further noted that the Jonathan administration, made every effort to not only divide the North, but the entire country along ethnic and religious lines.
He added, that no matter the differences, nobody, or group could balkanize the Nigerian nation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by veacea: 7:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Eeeyaahhh.

No problem kwantinu

10 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by drss(m): 8:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
d political tsunami of 2019 will be epic. na to siddon for fence dey observe. grin

10 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by devilmaycry: 8:04pm On Oct 11, 2016
bunch of blockheads [/right]

8 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Xhaka100(m): 8:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
I

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2016
They will continue to vote in a pastoral nomad who did not see the four walls of a school at the expense of 180 million Nigerians.

This people contribute to the major problems we are facing in Nigeria.

10 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Sibrah: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
drss:
d political tsunami of 2019 will be epic. na to siddon for fence dey observe. grin
Epic? How please?

1 Like

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by iamodenigbo1(m): 8:14pm On Oct 11, 2016
wonderful

2 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Sibrah: 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2016
wizzyrich:
They will continue to vote in a pastoral nomad who did not see the four walls of a school at the expense of 180 million Nigerians.

This people contribute to the major problems we are facing in Nigeria, ethnic bigotry !

BTW, where is your source OP ?
Learning without character has taken us no where. If it is an ex-truck pusher that will take us to the next level then so be it. Enough of criminal minds disguising as intellectuals.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Yobo34(m): 8:21pm On Oct 11, 2016
Sibrah:
Learning without character has taken us no where. If it is an ex-truck pusher that will take us to the next level then so be it. Enough of criminal minds disguising as intellectuals.

Hmm, you are deep Sir.

1 Like

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by CSTR2: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2016
God bless them.
Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Yobo34(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
Xhaka100:
I pity northerners,very backward,hypocritical,misguided cows.if naija seperates north will still be using horses to fight war.

If you go and say dis to some Northerners, u'll know y suya is sold at night grin

1 Like

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Abeymills(m): 8:30pm On Oct 11, 2016
Fear the north but fear not the north saith d Lord of host 4 d north south east n west is never above him 4 dis i bliv d north has failed

1 Like

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
Na this region dey oppose restructuring.Backward people.

4 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
Sibrah:
Can someone surrounded by thieves ever take us to the promised land ? As at this point , he's not different from Atiku, OBJ, Amaechi and the likes.

9 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by drss(m): 8:36pm On Oct 11, 2016
Sibrah:
Epic? How please?
d explanation is on d article. only those with high iq will see it.

1 Like

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by drss(m): 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2016
Xhaka100:
I pity northerners,very backward,hypocritical,misguided cows.if naija seperates north will still be using horses to fight war.
horses they ar still using donkeys n carmels as mode of transportation.

2 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by oduastates: 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
Power drunkenness.
We same the same with Jonathan and his goons
Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by oduastates: 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2016
Power drunkenness.
We same the same with Jonathan and his tribal goons.
No one can break Nigeria abi?
Nigeria is already breaking under its own weight.

5 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Nomswag: 8:53pm On Oct 11, 2016
Yobo34:

If you go and say dis to some Northerners, u'll know y suya is sold at night grin
guy ur head day there....lol
Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by bayelsaowei(m): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2016
Hehehehehehe. .... grin
Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Ikwokrikwo: 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
Yorubas don suffer.

5 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Yobo34(m): 9:07pm On Oct 11, 2016
Nomswag:
guy ur head day there....lol
No b lie!
Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by omoyowa: 9:24pm On Oct 11, 2016
This thread is prone to ban.... I am out of here
Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by ajebuter(f): 9:33pm On Oct 11, 2016
And some dumbass would think it is a united Nigeria..

Time for de-amalgamation abeg

We were never and will never be one..

That is the simple and undiluted truth..

So sad south is not united..

1 Like

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by sanandreas(m): 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
You think we would waste our time under sun to vote. Apart from governorship every other post would experience low turn out. We all will sink together but remember this southerners would always float ahead. The north can drown in their backwardness.

3 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by QuotaSystem: 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2016
Xhaka100:

You had better pity yourself first undecided.

Imagine backward, sub human and satanic ritualists, fraudsters, drug mules and baby factory products calling others names...

The same red mud dwellers that are still beheading their fathers over land in 2016 and are world renowned for stuffing cocaine up their arseholes before being caught and roasted dare call others backward...wonders are just beginning grin

Y.ou should be ashamed that such people have still been able to conquer and hold you ransom since 1966.

The horses that were effective in burying y.our ancestors must be the northern breed that will be used in the war you were referring to.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by Yobo34(m): 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2016
omoyowa:
This thread is prone to ban.... I am out of here
Hmmm
Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by mightyhazell: 9:59pm On Oct 11, 2016
Ok o! Una fit die with una buhari.but here in the south(better south) we still gat plenty use for dis life,laced with prosperity and excellent health. We say RIP in advance..

7 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by malton: 10:03pm On Oct 11, 2016
Whenever these northern dimwits "leaders" seat, nine out of ten times, I run temperature. I run temperature because I sense another bombshell is in the offing.

They are so poor in thought, crude and tactless! In truth, if you're looking for a reason why Nigeria is such a divisive entity, look no further than these urchins that lay claims to leadership, the northern elders (I am struggling to refer to them as that, tbh).

With the exception of a few, these are people that made it to the top out of natural progression. They had almost everything handed to them on a platter with little to no efforts of theirs. So, on the one hand, I'm not really surprised at their poor skills at dealing with people or poor choice of words.

Every reaction down South has always been in response to the stupid things happening North of Nigeria, which is why I understand those who resent the northerners so strongly and I think that to some degree, such resentment is not misplaced.

Imagine if everyone held bigoted and supremacist opinions of they and their kinsmen as my people do, would we not have been in an anarchy? They sure wouldn't have had a Nigeria to rule to begin with.

These people turn logic on its head each time that they seat. Left to me, that stupid association should be disbanded. They are up to no good at all.

Apologies to our brothers in the South. I'm really disappointed!

4 Likes

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by BMedia: 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
Xhaka100:

You are just fantastically foo.lish.

5% drug trafficker feeling funky cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Would Rather Die With Buhari, Than Vote A Southerner –northern Leaders by mightyhazell: 10:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
BMedia:

You are just fantastically foo.lish.

5% drug trafficker feeling funky cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

better a drug dealer than a brainwashed bomb wearing mofo,...

..Anyday

18 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What This Man Did Right In The Middle Of A Shop After Getting Drunk. PICS / COVID-19: Nigerians Blast NCDC And FG For Releasing Abba Kyari's Body (photo) / I Am Stranded With My Family In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.