Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (81956 Views)

Woman In Court For Marrying Two Men In Ebonyi State / How Nigerian Men In USA Kill Their Imported Wives / Nigerian Men In Usa, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 12, 2016
so some women change when they get money? hmmm both parties are guilty. theres always a non violent way to treat a lady who claims to be smarter than herself. how can a lady take over all the properties the man owns because of divorce? na to sell dat house come bak to nigeria.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:02pm On Oct 12, 2016
emvico:

hey man, go and read it again. they died because they disrespected their husbands

Are you sure it's the same article we read? undecided....or you're saying earning more than the husband is now "disrespect"?
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by ponti93(m): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2016
plz what is RN
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Amberon: 8:07pm On Oct 12, 2016
Bless you. I am definitely marrying my best friend. also the divorce rates of couples who are friends is really low.
ChristineC:
Sad tales. There's nothing like marrying your friend where you both have mutual respect, not submissiveness because of fear or wealth.

Money changes many people but with a friend things will not simmer down to the level of murder. My opinion though.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by vineyardfarms: 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2016
Does It Worth It? No No. In May Case I Relocate Back To Nigeria, Even Though I Makes More Than She. Life Too Precious To Waste For A Stupid Lady
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Akinwerndey: 8:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
d4guy:

Oga shut up jare , am already angry sef , u see ur labour of 30 years disappear just like that , to someone u helped, that's betrayal.
so betrayal must lead to murder? Hear yourself well... SMH if you dey vex knack head for wall na... Bros abeg shift jare!!!
The fact still remain that every man at one point in life must do mumu investment... Killing certainly won't give back all you've lost!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Ngokafor(f): 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
mnairaland:
The fellow who created this thread will never get to know the degree of harm he has done to Nigerian women.

....you should really get a life and stop this nonsense...what harm will it do to Nigerian women??..if any harm is done it is to Nigerian men cos it portrays you lots as murderous,out-of-control savages....

...You will leave all the women in America..whites,African-American,Hispanic,Nigerian-American ,Asian-American and come running back home to villages cos you know most of the aforementioned will not tolerate your nonsense,..to look for naive ladies to use as cash cows while you lounge around like a good number of you do in Nigeria ...You lots talk about sponsoring,why not sponsor yourselves to study Nursing and earn big if it is easy??...abi una dey forbid am? angry

....Instead of looking for cash-cows to fleece and boss around,kindly marry the women in America and leave 'village' ladies alone...and i dont mean 60yr old whitewomen that is in vogue with most of you lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by sonnie10: 8:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
Missonas:
I blame the men. No matter the money a woman makes men should never make her feel superior by leaving key responsibilities to her just cos she earns more. Even if the man is dead broke. Never ever get intimidated, or rely on a woman completely with your small jobs and little income you can still be the boss, run ur home and make her come drooling. Respect is earned!

Unfortunately, the system is not set up that way. Take for instance if the man is earning $12hr and the woman is earning about $40hr as an RN, they surely would want to get a mortgage of about $300k. The monthly payment will not be less than $2k. This amount is more than the man's entire monthly income at $12hr/ 40hr a week job. Considering that they certainly would have other expenses and bills, how then will the man form boss with his little earning?

The truth is that, it takes understanding between couples to live with such difference in earning. The man must relinquish, get down from his high horse and find ways of coming to terms with reality. On the other hand, the woman must also understand that situation warrants threading with caution. She must make every effort to make the man feel like he is still in charge, even when in actual sense he is not.

For instance, she should never give out large amount of money to her family members without prior discussion and permission by the husband, even when it is her money.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
JeffreyJamez:
So you are trying to tell me now that these men killed their wives because the wives made more money than them? undecided....that is what you are trying to make me believe?
I wonder why this is the only place nigerians live or where wives are richer than husbands. In other countries of the world, nigerian husbands have nigerian wives who are richer than their husbands yet the husbands are not killing their wives why it is always this country? because they govern by devil!
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by armyofone(m): 8:13pm On Oct 12, 2016
You have to see what the women go through to become a nurse. Just out from the plane, straight to to get some classes for nursing aide job at Homes, making small money, pregnancy in between, playing the home girl cooking and doing chores, more college classes for RN etc
The women are left so stressed up with no time for self care, relaxation and exercise to beat the stresses. Which can bring about argument and instead of the men to play humble and try to help the women in doing housework, watch children so wifey can rest etc they act with entitlement.
I always say copy the good things of your new found land. Help each other and be supportive always.
Let your wife do something different. Let them find their own way.

DICKtator:

No. The moral of the story is: when you bring them from Nigeria, make sure they don't become RN
They can be CEOs of Google,Coca Cola and the likes NOT RN!!!!

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by sonnie10: 8:14pm On Oct 12, 2016
ponti93:
plz what is RN

Registered Nurse. Most Nigerian women in US are RNs.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Urukpe: 8:18pm On Oct 12, 2016
mnairaland:
The fellow who created this thread will never get to know the degree of harm he has done to Nigerian women.

EXACTLY. Big harm. But it's good, so that men should know what to expect ....

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Jackossky(m): 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
Why not? Is it a bad thing? smiley

.nope ...just that I never knew that women will start the rebellion as soon as this.....

Sitting patiently, waiting for the girl to pay the groom pricegrin

Since they are the head. .its time we start delegating some *manly* functions to the women

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Fourwinds: 8:19pm On Oct 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
And who says the wife can't be the head of a home? Here is a clear evidence grin cool tongue
Matriarchy is gradually happening cheesy grin
kiss
nonsense...until God reverses d Bible from creation

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by AfroBlue(m): 8:20pm On Oct 12, 2016
no excuse for violence, just go your separate ways in peace.

a long while ago i read a similar story about jamaican women changing once they moved to america (Babylon)

Give me the Yankee woman over the Jamaican
ALL WOMAN Monday, January 10, 2005 , By Colin Hemmings Observer writer

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magazines/allwoman/72762_Give-me-the-Yankee--woman-over-the-Jamaican
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Urukpe: 8:22pm On Oct 12, 2016
sonnie10:

Unfortunately, the system is not set up that way. Take for instance if the man is earning $12hr and the woman is earning about $40hr as an RN, they surely would want to get a mortgage of about $300k. The monthly payment will not be less than $2k. This amount is more than the man's entire monthly income at $12hr/ 40hr a week job. Considering that they certainly would have other expenses and bills, how then will the man form boss with his little earning?
The truth is that, it takes understanding between couples to live with such difference in earning. The man must relinquish, get down from his high horse and find ways of coming to terms with reality. On the other hand, the woman must also understand that situation warrants threading with caution. She must make every effort to make the man feel like he is still in charge, even when in actual sense he is not.

For instance, she should never give out large amount of money to her family members without prior discussion and permission by the husband, even when it is her money.

You just nailed it guy. you too much
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by flamingREED(m): 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
Women,
Are you people still okay for us to marry?

If yes, click like.

If No, click share.
sad
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by back2sender: 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
OlajumokeBread:
Another rubbish

Who is the MOD that pushed this stinky shiit to front page ??

You said Nigerian men living in the USA that killed their imported wives and you just mentioned only 4 people

Mention another 4 Nigerian men that killed their "imported wives" and i will deactivate my account

And why wouldn't a man kill his wife when the American government favors women, if you divorce a woman, she takes everything you hand you also pay her every month
And my wife had been pushing me for us to relocate to america even though i send her on periodic holidays to america.
Omo i no dey relocate even if Nigeria dey catch fire.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Fourwinds: 8:26pm On Oct 12, 2016
sonnie10:

Oboy u get sense well well...nice write up
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
That's your own belief about God....not everyone has similar beliefs as yours smiley
Fourwinds:
nonsense...until God reverses d Bible from creation
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by back2sender: 8:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
Urukpe:

You just nailed it guy. you too much
I disagree.
Who took the wife to america? The man!
Who sponsored the wife education? The man!
What are saying here, The women are entirely to blame for thier DEATHS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by SUPOL(m): 8:32pm On Oct 12, 2016
TrapQueen77:
These are very sad cases.... undecided
this a matured comment, are u a lawyer?
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by pickabeau1: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
agrovick:

Nooooooooooooooooo, that's a life I'm eagerly anticipating. I was only advising our brothers in diaspora

Okay..No problem
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by back2sender: 8:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
abike12:

So control = respect?
YES CONTROL IS RESPECT.
WHEN ARMED ROBBER PUT GUN FOR YOUR HEAD, MAKE YOU TELL THE ARMED ROBBER SEY CONTROL NO BE RESPECT AND SEE WETIN GO HAPPEN

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by princeonx: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
I honestly don't understand why some of you guys are justifying the reason or making excuses for somebody to kill another person.
Tha ratio of world population (don't quote me, na so they talk) is 11 to13 women to 1 man. If the situation gets to where you can't fix or deal with it any more, get a divorce and move on. Why will you rot in jail because of a woman? The moment you get in the back seat of the police cruiser your eyes go open and reality will set in and your kids automatically become orphans! Both that money, house, power, name, and respect you killed for will be taken away from you. You will now be known by an inmate number (not ur name anymore), your house will turn to 6ft by 4ft! Wtf?
Imo these are selfish, illitrates, wicked, and lazy men!
I was at a child dedication last Sunday and similar topic came up about respect, nurse, brought you to America, paid tuition and all that, 2 bosses in the house, bla bla bla!! Why is this bs only when the lady is a nurse? There are other fields out there that the women make way more money and they still live in happy homes. To answer that, it's because there are too many da.mn Nigerian/African nurses in the same place at the same da.mn time working crazy hours, gossiping, sharing ideas mostly bad ones and all that!
Guys if you don't have/make enough income pls get a second job if you have to. NEVER EVER share bills with your wife except you're also ready to share the domestic work in the house and that includes doing dishes and laundry, etc (I don't see anything in doing it anyway) but if you're too proud or too african/Nigerian to do dishes, buy disposable plate/spoons.
What pisses me Off the most is that some of these our Rambo brothers were married to Americans, kissed their a$$es, cooked for them, did their laundry, eat to.to during $e* (mmmm lawd have mercy lol) and even help raise kids from their baby daddy but when it come to Nigerian woman they automatically remember they had one useless title back home and can't do certain things! They will now differentiate male and female work in the house which they don't when the check come in!!
And what kind of stu.pid love is that for a 24yrs old girl to follow a 50-60yrs old man all because he live in America? Are you mad? Then after paying your way through school you will remember that he's an old man, doesn't have a good job or just a taxi driver, or security man and all that!

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by pickabeau1: 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2016
CFCman:

Lol. I'm studying to be a paralegal.
Part of my duties would be researching the law.

Awesome

All d best

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by pickabeau1: 8:40pm On Oct 12, 2016
Bruh.. grin grin grin

You gats to chill

princeonx:
I honestly don't understand why some of you guys are justifying the reason or making excuses for somebody to kill another person.
Tha ratio of world population (don't quote me, na so they talk) is 11 to13 women to 1 man. If the situation gets to where you can't fix or deal with it any more, get a divorce and move on. Why will you rot in jail because of a woman? The moment you get in the back seat of the police cruiser your eyes go open and reality will set in and your kids automatically become orphans! Both that money, house, power, name, and respect you killed for will be taken away from you. You will now be known by an inmate number (not ur name anymore), your house will turn to 6ft by 4ft! Wtf?
Imo these are selfish, illitrates, wicked, and lazy men!
I was at a child dedication last Sunday and similar topic came up about respect, nurse, brought you to America, paid tuition and all that, 2 bosses in the house, bla bla bla!! Why is this bs only when the lady is a nurse? There are other fields out there that the women make way more money and they still live in happy homes. To answer that, it's because there are too many da.mn Nigerian/African nurses in the same place at the same da.mn time working crazy hours, gossiping, sharing ideas mostly bad ones and all that!
Guys if you don't have/make enough income pls get a second job if you have to. NEVER EVER share bills with your wife except you're also ready to share the domestic work in the house and that includes doing dishes and laundry, etc (I don't see anything in doing it anyway) but if you're too proud or too african/Nigerian to do dishes, buy disposable plate/spoons.
What pisses me Off the most is that some of these our Rambo brothers were married to Americans, kissed their a$$es, cooked for them, did their laundry, eat to.to during $e* (mmmm lawd have mercy lol) and even help raise kids from their baby daddy but when it come to Nigerian woman they automatically remember they had one useless title back home and can't do certain things! They will now differentiate male and female work in the house which they don't when the check come in!!
And what kind of stu.pid love is that for a 24yrs old girl to follow a 50-60yrs old man all because he live in America? Are you mad? Then after paying your way through school you will remember that he's an old man, doesn't have a good job or just a taxi driver, or security man and all that!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Tex42(m): 8:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
Avalon316:
Why kill them? Simply dump their smelly pu$$13$.
And have all u've laboured for including ur kids(maybe) handed over to her.

U see bro, dumping her is 'almost not' and option here.
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Fourwinds: 8:42pm On Oct 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
That's your own belief about God....not everyone has similar beliefs as yours smiley
ok.. tell dat to a muslim brother too okay
Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by back2sender: 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2016
ItsQuinn:
She could have been submissive and the head at the same time, it's possible smiley
Thats my prayer for you, that your husband will be a dodo in the house while you be the BOSS.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by Ezebinaugwu(m): 8:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lordaweezy:
The husband(s) sponsored their travel,paid for their school fees just because the wives became successful than the husband , they started acting bossy and turned to control freaks and making life difficult for the husband. In some cases the husband lost their homes due to the divorce policy. Some women are just ungrateful.

P.S I don't in any way support what their husbands did

I support them die, the one that tied the wife at the back of his car and dragged her to death Na him make sense pass. Idiots

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Men In USA, Killing Their Imported Wives From Nigeria. by lurdkriss: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2016
Just yesterday I was in d car and 2 ladies were talking and one of them was saying how she was advising her friend in d U.S to wait for a while before divorcing the husband so as not to make it suspicious,Cus the man works as a security guard,forgetting that he sponsored all traveling expenses from that security job just to make sure he brings his wife over to the U.S from nigeria., I was shocked to the bone, some women have that plan in mind even b4 leaving Nigeria to join their husband abroad. Let's just pray for God to give us the right person to marry.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Truth About Nigerian Men And Their Foreign Wives / Bricklayer Wife Organizes A Birthday Party For Her Husband In Appreciation / Woman Who Cooks With Menstrual Blood Says "No Regrets"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.