Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,675 members, 7,813,247 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law (11112 Views)

Buhari Passed 8 Bills Into Law. / The 8 Bills Signed Into Law By Buhari / Amina Ali's HIV Test Result Is Negative - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by Austin234(m): 1:21pm On Oct 13, 2016
Good. These are the kind of news i want to hear. Our law makers have woken up frm their slumber. Thanks to Jigawa State law makers
Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by Blue3k(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2016
Not sure what to think of this law. I would like to see paternity test law. Don't sign birth certificate til you know its yours. I've seen horror stories on internet about men find out its not theirs biologically. Women always know babies theirs.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by Originalsly: 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2016
justmenoni:
Now that you're jobless or unemployed, have you gotten any benefits or support from the government, oh you've kids already, have you got any child support or benefits from YOUR govt?

my point is, HIV or other STD's test should be discussed between the potential couples, government should only encourage these set of people to know their status before getting married, not setting it as a pre-requisite before getting married, HIV couples can have kids without same disease if proper care is been taken in place, HIV is as deadly as Sickle cell...SIR i do advocate for equity than equality,just so you know, Alot of people get these disease from other related sources aside Sexual intercourse, but as Nigerians our main thought about the major method of contracting these diseases is via SEX, and hope you know how NEWS FLIES MORE THAN AIR in naija, imagine your ex is actually the nurse in one of the hospitals where you were checked and either you or your spouse has the disease, what will happen?

HIV is ravaging the area...despite all the education. This is a way to at least make those planning to marry to think twice before engaging in practices that can make them contract the virus. Not saying this is all good.... but the good by far outweighs the bad.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by justmenoni: 1:40pm On Oct 13, 2016
sorry, if I sound rude or harsh with my last post, but I still think it's so wrong for the government to set rules or conditions for getting married, I mean we ain't talking about GAY Marriages here just as we ain't talking about BESTIALITY, but it's marriage between TWO HUMANS of assumed NATURAL marriage and you're already discriminating as per their mental been? isn't that incredible already?

Originalsly:
HIV is ravaging the area...despite all the education. This is a way to at least make those planning to marry to think twice before engaging in practices that can make them contract the virus. Not saying this is all good.... but the good by far outweighs the bad.
Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by Originalsly: 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2016
justmenoni:
sorry, if I sound rude or harsh with my last post, but I still think it's so wrong for the government to set rules or conditions for getting married, I mean we ain't talking about GAY Marriages here just as we ain't talking about BESTIALITY, but it's marriage between TWO HUMANS of assumed NATURAL marriage and you're already discriminating as per their mental been? isn't that incredible already?

This is not about their mental state!...it's about their health... physical health. I'm not saying it's right for the local government to make that declaration. .. it's ehmm... a bit wrong but I can shut my eyes to this wrong since the end would justify the means. We would all be better off since we refuse to voluntarily do the needful ... just being selfish.. not considering how our choice is affecting the society as a whole.

1 Like

Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by justmenoni: 3:58pm On Oct 13, 2016
You're very right and I think I'm not wrong as well, but tour government should act in the same way and process by which every sane country DOES.

Originalsly:
This is not about their mental state!...it's about their health... physical health. I'm not saying it's right for the local government to make that declaration. .. it's ehmm... a bit wrong but I can shut my eyes to this wrong since the end would justify the means. We would all be better off since we refuse to voluntarily do the needful ... just being selfish.. not considering how our choice is affecting the society as a whole.
Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by Originalsly: 4:02pm On Oct 13, 2016
justmenoni:
You're very right and I think I'm not wrong as well, but tour government should act in the same way and process by which every sane country DOES.

Lol...tour government!...Nomadic?!
Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by justmenoni: 4:06pm On Oct 13, 2016
LOL grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Originalsly:
Lol...tour government!...Nomadic?!
Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by Caseless: 9:17pm On Oct 13, 2016
madridguy:
Hunger kills faster than AIDS tongue
you just don't make sense anymore. Bandwagon effect- try to be firm so you can answer the name of a man.
Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by Freegud(m): 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2016
una no say am still single, and people day tell me say make i follow!!!!!!
Love
Sex
Marriage
dat mean the law don jump it self becos lady wen i don nack am lyk 50tyms den if we won con marry our self yeye law go con tell me say den get hiv say our love no match
Wot of the past?
Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by Freegud(m): 10:04pm On Oct 13, 2016
una no say am still single, and people day tell me say make i follow!!!!!! Love Sex Marriage why people no get sence self
Re: Jigawa Passes ‘No HIV Test, No Marriage’ Bill Into Law by Ximenes45(m): 12:55am On Oct 14, 2016
Good move from JG Govt, although coming quite late. While I was based there in the recent past, I heard of a no of deaths caused by AIDS. Most of the locals really need to be enlightened.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Sudden Increase In Boko Haram Activities? / Breaking: Rotimi Amaechi Dumps APC, Moves To ADC To Oust Wike / Don’t Give Party’s Ticket To A Man In His 70s – PDP Group, Action 2023 Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.