Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,431 members, 7,954,698 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:30 AM

What Is Wrong With Being Black?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Being Black?? (2231 Views)

I Dont Know What Is Wrong With My Co-tenants / What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? / What Is Wrong With This Pre-Wedding Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
kingcheezypuff
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by martineverest(m): 2:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
robosky02:

you need to tell her that the colour of her skin can not stop her from becoming a suceessfull person
make her focus on how to be a successful person by building quality "inside her" and not outside

blacks have achieved just anything any white or light skinned have

show her role model:
example among the ten most successfull black women in Africa you find

Folorunsho Alakija
Famfa Oil Executive Director, Alakija is the second-richest businesswoman on the continent and reportedly the richest woman in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $1,7 billion (R25,2 billion), according to the Forbes list of Africa’s 50 Richest People.

A formally trained fashion designer and a household name in Nigeria, Alakija landed her big break in 1993 when her company was awarded an oil prospecting licence.

She grew her business into an entity that now owns around a 60% share of Nigeria’s oil block.

Alakija was ranked 80th on the latest Forbes’ Most Powerful Women in the World list.

In 2008 she founded the Rose of Sharon Foundation that supports widows and orphans in Nigeria, and she regularly gives public talks advising women on how to best manage the work-life balance.

make her understand

ITS THE CONTENT IN HER that matters most

by the way I live them chocolate cheesy
wrong example....alakija is one of the biggest bleachers in africa
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by rheether(f): 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
LuvU2:
Lol looks like u hv clean shaven beards

Blackie!
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by LuvU2: 5:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
rheether:

Blackie!
thnk u smiley
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by davidif: 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
reminiscing:
Few days ago,I took I'll and I was forced to see our family doctor, on getting to the pharmacy,I saw the doctor and his daughter of about nine years old "you know how this butty kids look bigger than their age".She was excited to see me cos I gist a lot with her and thinking I am my younger sister (cos she thinks we are d same ) ,she asked me why I am now light skinned.I told her its probably because of the stress attached to my Internship program and working under the scotching sun,she was like "OK....ay".She then said the last time she saw my I was dark like her that was when it dawn on me that she couldn't different me from my younger sister cos we have the same physique but different complexion, I am a bit fair and she is dark.
The next statement that dropped out of this little girl's mouth was "She is not beautiful".I asked her why she said so,she said its because she is not light skinned and that when she grows up,she will buy cream that will make her light skinned.I was speechless...........I thought of what to say and then I told her that,being black is best because when she becomes fair, she won't be able to walk in the sun.She felt quite convinced

My Question is,how else can we convince kids that Black rocks?

Wow! What a disheartening story!
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Dec 01, 2016
davidif:

Wow! What a disheartening story!
Abi
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by misshoree(f): 12:09am On Dec 02, 2016
Black is beautiful. Fair is beautiful.Be comfortable with your skin colour

Comparison is the theft of Joy

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 12:19am On Dec 02, 2016
Nothing!!!!!!
Take her and surround her in Black beauty.

☆ buy her Black barbies. The cute 'so in style' line

☆Show her African fashion magazines (filter the pages for any nude or exposed lady )
u can buy the magazines online in ebook form
☆ show her black Twitter/youtube IG, various social media Beauty vlogers/gurus
They even have kids pages on facebook .

☆basically yer pushing out the thought Black beauty is inferior the aame way she came to the conclusion it was .
Represntation of Black Beauty in her everyday life.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by kaboninc(m): 8:37am On Dec 02, 2016
optional1:

The parent is to be blame cos they allowed their daughter to watch Trump racist comment....

D op said the kid is as big as her u know how this America kid are now......

Dis one of d disadvantages of trump been America president....

Lol.

With this statement, am wondering what is the difference between you and the little girl

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Not Too Long Ago, I Was A Hoe' - Nigerian Girl Boldly Admits On IG / Before I Self Destruct! / What Are Chances My Wife Could Double Cross With My Brother..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.