Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,651 members, 7,955,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:23 AM

What Is Wrong With Being Black?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Wrong With Being Black?? (2232 Views)

I Dont Know What Is Wrong With My Co-tenants / What Is Wrong With Sex After Traditional Marriage? / What Is Wrong With This Pre-Wedding Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 14, 2016
Few days ago,I took I'll and I was forced to see our family doctor, on getting to the pharmacy,I saw the doctor and his daughter of about nine years old "you know how this butty kids look bigger than their age".She was excited to see me cos I gist a lot with her and thinking I am my younger sister (cos she thinks we are d same ) ,she asked me why I am now light skinned.I told her its probably because of the stress attached to my Internship program and working under the scotching sun,she was like "OK....ay".She then said the last time she saw my I was dark like her that was when it dawn on me that she couldn't different me from my younger sister cos we have the same physique but different complexion, I am a bit fair and she is dark.
The next statement that dropped out of this little girl's mouth was "She is not beautiful".I asked her why she said so,she said its because she is not light skinned and that when she grows up,she will buy cream that will make her light skinned.I was speechless...........I thought of what to say and then I told her that,being black is best because when she becomes fair, she won't be able to walk in the sun.She felt quite convinced

My Question is,how else can we convince kids that Black rocks?
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Ritieyalu(f): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
ur colour is a free gift from.God,being black or white doesn't make u special,is just like being a boy or a girl and is beautiful in its on appearance,u can be fair and ugly or dark and ugly,the two is equal in value

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by firstking01(m): 6:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
Next poster abeg con answer am grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by misspicy(f): 6:46pm On Oct 14, 2016
A kid with this mindset? shocked No body is gonna make me feel bad about my beautiful dark skin cool

Laveda sugarboo,how is you. Missing you on the other side wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by optional1(f): 6:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
Donald Trump has affected their brains with evil thought abt skin colour...

Blame trump for this dear....
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by optional1(f): 6:49pm On Oct 14, 2016
misspicy:
A kid with this mindset? shocked No body is gonna make me feel bad about my beautiful dark skin cool

Laveda sugarboo,how is you. Missing you on the other side wink

Guess the kid has watched a lot of donald trump racist video...
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Laveda(f): 6:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
misspicy:
A kid with this mindset? shocked
No body is gonna make me feel bad about my beautiful dark skin cool

Laveda sugarboo,how is you.
Missing you on the other side wink

I'm very okay hun.

You can message me now...wanted to reach you but I lost the other line.. I'm back.
Reach out now. wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by misspicy(f): 6:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
optional1:

Guess the kid has watched a lot of donald trump racist video...
Her parents should be held responsible. How can a little girl be so aware of light skin is synonymous to beauty?
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by misspicy(f): 6:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
Laveda:

I'm very okay hun.

You can message me now...wanted to reach you but I lost the other line.. I'm back.
Reach out now. wink
Okay!!!

sowi about the stress
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Racism has started already.. Plus bleeching..
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by rheether(f): 7:00pm On Oct 14, 2016
Lol! Blacks are shit..
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by optional1(f): 7:13pm On Oct 14, 2016
misspicy:

Her parents should be held responsible.
How can a little girl be so aware of light skin is synonymous to beauty?

The parent is to be blame cos they allowed their daughter to watch Trump racist comment....

D op said the kid is as big as her u know how this America kid are now......

Dis one of d disadvantages of trump been America president....
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by robosky02(m): 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
reminiscing:
Few days ago,I took I'll and I was forced to see our family doctor, on getting to the pharmacy,I saw the doctor and his daughter of about nine years old "you know how this butty kids look bigger than their age".She was excited to see me cos I gist a lot with her and thinking I am my younger sister (cos she thinks we are d same ) ,she asked me why I am now light skinned.I told her its probably because of the stress attached to my Internship program and working under the scotching sun,she was like "OK....ay".She then said the last time she saw my I was dark like her that was when it dawn on me that she couldn't different me from my younger sister cos we have the same physique but different complexion, I am a bit fair and she is dark.
The next statement that dropped out of this little girl's mouth was "She is not beautiful".I asked her why she said so,she said its because she is not light skinned and that when she grows up,she will buy cream that will make her light skinned.I was speechless...........I thought of what to say and then I told her that,being black is best because when she becomes fair, she won't be able to walk in the sun.She felt quite convinced

My Question is,how else can we convince kids that Black rocks?

you need to tell her that the colour of her skin can not stop her from becoming a suceessfull person
make her focus on how to be a successful person by building quality "inside her" and not outside

blacks have achieved just anything any white or light skinned have

show her role model:
example among the ten most successfull black women in Africa you find

Folorunsho Alakija
Famfa Oil Executive Director, Alakija is the second-richest businesswoman on the continent and reportedly the richest woman in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $1,7 billion (R25,2 billion), according to the Forbes list of Africa’s 50 Richest People.

A formally trained fashion designer and a household name in Nigeria, Alakija landed her big break in 1993 when her company was awarded an oil prospecting licence.

She grew her business into an entity that now owns around a 60% share of Nigeria’s oil block.

Alakija was ranked 80th on the latest Forbes’ Most Powerful Women in the World list.

In 2008 she founded the Rose of Sharon Foundation that supports widows and orphans in Nigeria, and she regularly gives public talks advising women on how to best manage the work-life balance.

make her understand

ITS THE CONTENT IN HER that matters most

by the way I live them chocolate cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 14, 2016
rheether:
Lol! Blacks are shit..
And to think you are not white either undecided

Your way of reasoning amaze me grin

3 Likes

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 14, 2016
Op, convincing that girl is a waste of Time grin grin.

Just enlighten her about the dangers of bleaching. I hope that will save her smiley

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 15, 2016
Ritieyalu:
ur colour is a free gift from.God,being black or white doesn't make u special,is just like being a boy or a girl and is beautiful in its on appearance,u can be fair and ugly or dark and ugly,the two is equal in value
Thank you dear

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 15, 2016
optional1:
Donald Trump has affected their brains with evil thought abt skin colour...

Blame trump for this dear....

lol.....I think so

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 9:09am On Oct 15, 2016
rheether:
Lol! Blacks are shit..
Whites are apes!!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 15, 2016
robosky02:

you need to tell her that the colour of her skin can not stop her from becoming a suceessfull person
make her focus on how to be a successful person by building quality "inside her" and not outside

blacks have achieved just anything any white or light skinned have

show her role model:
example among the ten most successfull black women in Africa you find

Folorunsho Alakija
Famfa Oil Executive Director, Alakija is the second-richest businesswoman on the continent and reportedly the richest woman in Nigeria with an estimated net worth of $1,7 billion (R25,2 billion), according to the Forbes list of Africa’s 50 Richest People.

A formally trained fashion designer and a household name in Nigeria, Alakija landed her big break in 1993 when her company was awarded an oil prospecting licence.

She grew her business into an entity that now owns around a 60% share of Nigeria’s oil block.

Alakija was ranked 80th on the latest Forbes’ Most Powerful Women in the World list.

In 2008 she founded the Rose of Sharon Foundation that supports widows and orphans in Nigeria, and she regularly gives public talks advising women on how to best manage the work-life balance.

make her understand

ITS THE CONTENT IN HER that matters most

by the way I live them chocolate cheesy
is that you on your page,.......
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 15, 2016
rheether:
Lol! Blacks are shit..
You sound like someone with self esteem issuesgrin
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 15, 2016
I've always loved dark skin. There is this flawless look to it that you really can't describe. I remember asking my mum years back if there was something that could darken my skin. grin Lol.

Kids these days are exposed to the discriminatory media that sells them the "perfect" beauty image. It's so annoying.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by rheether(f): 9:38am On Oct 15, 2016
reminiscing:
You sound like someone with self esteem issuesgrin
You got any problem with that?
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 9:43am On Oct 15, 2016
rheether:

You got any problem with that?
No,I kinda sense it in that statement.Are u not a Nigerian?
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by robosky02(m): 10:19am On Oct 15, 2016
reminiscing:

is that you on your page,.......

of course, I don't look light skinned

proudly chocolate smiles wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 15, 2016
robosky02:

of course, I don't look light skinned
proudly chocolate smiles wink
you are cute grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by xendra: 11:01am On Oct 15, 2016
if you were here where I am right now, looking at what is happening you will know that there is something wrong with dark skin, light skin girls being favoured over dark skin. even we Africans don't like darks skin and we blame whites when they treat us wrongly for our color. ..smh

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Nobody: 11:29am On Oct 15, 2016
rheether:
Lol! Blacks are shit..
Did you forget you're black too?.

Senseless comment.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by Originalsly: 11:40am On Oct 15, 2016
Michelle Obama... a picture is worth more than a million words. Kids only need to know who she is... they'll register it's ok to be Black ... and it's ok to have their natural hair.... two major esteem issues facing our women. @little girl.... I don't blame her. To convince her... Google some of the graphic pictures of bleaching gone wrong... or the effects of bleaching..... she'll get the message.
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by brymocool(m): 11:57am On Oct 15, 2016
The thing is that some people believe light skinned would make them look beautiful than being dark whereas they fail to know that maintaining their dark skinned makes them natural and black beauty. Black skinned is the best indeed

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by robosky02(m): 1:09pm On Oct 15, 2016
reminiscing:

you are cute grin

SO IS EVERY CHOCOLATE person

make her focus on her inner qualities

thanks wink
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by LuvU2: 2:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
rheether:
Lol! Blacks are shit..
Lol looks like u hv clean shaven beards
Re: What Is Wrong With Being Black?? by LuvU2: 2:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
robosky02:

SO IS EVERY CHOCOLATE person

make her focus on her inner qualities

thanks wink
If thats u on ur profile, i agree u re cute but nt everyone with a choco skin tone is cute. Same goes to other skin tones.

The girl in question might just be straight up ugly nd too big, hence her feeling of insecurity
Nd typical, feeling she will get a pass if she was light

(1) (2) (Reply)

Charming: Girl Goes Unclad To Celebrate Her Birthday..see Photos / "Not Too Long Ago, I Was A Hoe' - Nigerian Girl Boldly Admits On IG / How I Lost My Virginity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.