Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments (4262 Views)

Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Buhari's Kitchen Comment About Aisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Presido95: 7:42pm On Oct 14, 2016
Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari has responded to criticism from his wife by saying she belongs in his kitchen.
On a visit to Germany, he said: "I don't know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room and the other room."
Mr Buhari was standing next to Chancellor Angela Merkel, who reportedly glared at him.
Aisha Buhari had said she might not back her husband at the next election unless he got a grip on his government.
Responding to questions by reporters, Mr Buhari said that having run for president three times and having succeeded at the fourth attempt, he could "claim superior knowledge over her".

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-37659863

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Ritieyalu(f): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2016
See his MOUTH like SUPERIOR

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by socialmediaman: 7:50pm On Oct 14, 2016
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by xendra: 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2016
I don't understand, what's happening to this people? did the wife ask him for a favor that he turned down? why is she really against her husband now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by mrvitalis(m): 9:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
For God sake he laughed after saying that. .. meaning it was a joke...
I have always said it.. APC should try n come down intellectually.. . Nigerians are not smart enough to comprehend complex statements

4 Likes

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by LaurelP(m): 9:28pm On Oct 14, 2016
mrvitalis:
I have always said it.. APC should try n come down intellectually.. . Nigerians are not smart enough to comprehend complex statements

Joke you said.
"Mr Buhari said that having run for president three times and having succeeded at the fourth attempt, he could "claim superior knowledge over her".

I guess u saw that part too? He wasn't joking.

20 Likes

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by NextGovernor(m): 9:43pm On Oct 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

You people make me laugh walahi. Let's assume it was a joke. All the jokes comedians say 95% of them are in reality but framed to make us laugh. Wether joke or not he meant what was saying.

14 Likes

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Nateben(m): 9:55pm On Oct 14, 2016
grin

3 Likes

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by CHIJIOKE1314: 9:56pm On Oct 14, 2016
mrvitalis:

Thank you my brother for saying the fact..
We Nigerian always over stresses simple issues..

Now close your eyes let me pray for you..

May Buhari's mentality over women be attributed to all females related to you...Pls reply me with a huge Amen.. Be blessed!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by somez(m): 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2016
And you are a baboon from Gambia?
mrvitalis:

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by thymedcurry(f): 11:02pm On Oct 14, 2016
mrvitalis:
You obviously lack some intelligence...lol

Pls don't take this the wrong way it was just a joke. You can see I "lol" at the end. smiley

23 Likes

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2016
Aisha Buhari belongs to kitchen party! The women wing of APC.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Tonyosas101(m): 11:20pm On Oct 14, 2016
mrvitalis:
I just tire ooo, I watched the video over and over again...PMB didn't want to give the direct answer but used a joke to cover-up (meaning its a personal things) and even the woman chuckled

1 Like

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Oliviaxx(f): 11:26pm On Oct 14, 2016
chaiiii...this is our President ooo....look at his mouth sef

1 Like

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by koma1(m): 11:54pm On Oct 14, 2016
I don't have any problem with what he said because that's his opinion. I will only have problem if he had said Nigerian women belongs to the kitchen
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 15, 2016
NextGovernor:

You people make me laugh walahi. Let's assume it was a joke. All the jokes comedians say 95% of them are in reality but framed to make us laugh. Wether joke or not he meant what was saying.

If he said that in the comfort of his home, then the joke would have landed well
But on international TV? With a female prime minister? Have you never heard of badly placed jokes? This is one of them
There is absolutely nothing sarcastic or satirical about that statement

3 Likes

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Nobody: 12:48am On Oct 15, 2016
xendra:
I don't understand, what's happening to this people? did the wife ask him for a favor that he turned down? why is she really against her husband now?

Imagine someone thAt you fork everyday "in the other room"
Comes on national Tv to say this, despite the fact that you knack her well in a special room
It should make you think. The current problem happening in Nigeria is as a result of one man, and one man alone.
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Histrings08(m): 1:14am On Oct 15, 2016
xendra:
maybe what Mr Reuben abati said is true after all....
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by legendarystar: 3:20am On Oct 15, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by xendra: 3:29am On Oct 15, 2016
Histrings08:
maybe what Mr Reuben abati said is true after all....
what did he say
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Nobody: 3:39am On Oct 15, 2016
xendra:
what did he say

There are demons in Aso Rock... the ones that drove Stella Obasanjo into a beauty augmentation crazed woman that went to the grave for it, the same demons that made Turai yar'adua play games with her husband's health. The same demons that made Patience Jonathan behave like a supplementary head of state and made her a laughing stock in the process... The same demon is working in this family and they may not last because of it

1 Like

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Histrings08(m): 4:58am On Oct 15, 2016
xendra:
what did he say
something about some spiritual forces working in aso villa
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Nobody: 6:19am On Oct 15, 2016
I tink lalasticlala go give dis final destination
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Nobody: 6:29am On Oct 15, 2016
see mouth like pesin wey just finish smoking osogbo weed.....stupid man angry....I never chop last night.....buhari why
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Abeymills(m): 6:30am On Oct 15, 2016
A dullard is always a dullard
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by kryptonian1987(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2016
People should stop defending this man for God's sake...!
Pmb wasn't joking when he lambasts Aisha.... that's Pmb for you. He is too intelligently low to use diplomacy on issues like this....
Am about going to the #OTHERROOM, I need a God fearing sis from Nairaland to go with me... grin
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Arielle: 6:45am On Oct 15, 2016
mrvitalis:

Correction. He laughed before he answered. And his laughter was like " he he he. These guys are in for a shocker" . It was a joking kind of laugh. More like a malicious chuckle. Let's say in some alternate universe he was joking. In front of the world press? Before a female president who probably had to fight hard against comments like that for most of her career? Does he not gave a PR person? Does he not think? I was Buhari ' s ardent supporter even as it us obvious he's been floundering hoping he would let the right people in to help him. He's lost my support. And millions of Nigerian ' s . The way our presidents mess up is eerie. As if they have a death wish. Perhaps there's something to what Ruben Abati said. This really is the dark continent. In do many ways

2 Likes

Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by mrvitalis(m): 6:52am On Oct 15, 2016
Arielle:

Correction. He laughed before he answered. And his laughter was like " he he he. These guys are in for a shocker" . It was a joking kind of laugh. More like a malicious chuckle. Let's say in some alternate universe he was joking. In front of the world press? Before a female president who probably had to fight hard against comments like that for most of her career? Does he not gave a PR person? Does he not think? I was Buhari ' s ardent supporter even as it us obvious he's been floundering hoping he would let the right people in to help him. He's lost my support. And millions of Nigerian ' s . The way our presidents mess up is eerie. As if they have a death wish. Perhaps there's something to what Ruben Abati said. This really is the dark continent. In do many ways
Did u notice even the interviewer laughed??

Bro free ur mind from hate jor...

Even a child how has an independent mind will grap that joke...
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by Pavore9: 6:58am On Oct 15, 2016
While the oyinbo woman sitting next to him has superior knowledge over him.......what an irony! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by policy12: 8:31am On Oct 15, 2016
Hmmm this is getting interesting....Merkel be like Buhari are you serious?
Re: Pic: Angela Markel Reaction When Buhari "Kitchen" Comments by ASL33: 8:45am On Oct 15, 2016
PMB laughed not because of the belong in his kitchen but because of the other room where they play husband and wife bedball.

(1) (2) (Reply)

2017 Anambra Election : Polling Units Live Update / “To Hell With Your Food!”- Angry Youths Reject Sanwo Olu’s Feeding Program / Edo 2020: Governor Obaseki Runs To Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.