Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post (50975 Views)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Buhari's Wife In Kitchen Comment With These Photos / Buhari's Kitchen Comment: Ben Murray-Bruce Reacts With Loved Up Photo With Wife / Femi Fani-Kayode Speaks On Buhari's Kitchen Comment About Aisha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Originalsly: 4:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
Hmmm...... here we go...swallowing the bait. All this is to detract from what Trump said.... trying to make Buhari the poster boy. Buhari jokingly said kitchen, living room and the other room...not kit hen only.
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by ATERI(m): 4:53pm On Oct 15, 2016
I know that Americans and their evil media would do anything to distract from the real issue. The real issue is that Americans have been telling the world that they treat women right, and that you are better than the African men. Well, Donald Trump has exposed your lies about the way you treat your women. Two, there is no equivalence between what the Nigerian President said and the fact that America has a Presidential candidate that is a misogynist and career rapist. Face your shame and leave Nigeria out of it!
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by blexxyn1(m): 4:55pm On Oct 15, 2016
dinachi:
I must confess you really tried but you still sounded like a Subdued man trying not to offend feminists. Let me tell you about the kitchen.
It is a place where the food that keeps the family alive and well nourished is cooked. It is a place that offers wives and mothers opportunity to show love to husband and children alike. It is a place that is as important and Sacred as the bedroom.

So stop reducing the kitchen to a place of shame and humbling. It simply is not so. President Muhammadu Buhari made no errors by saying his wife belongs to the kitchen.
if u are not paid to do this job of defending buhari i strongly believe u need prayers

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Nobody: 5:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Fill this form & submit it to FireFire ASAP cool

So you are among those selling this black market wailers form abi?

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:06pm On Oct 15, 2016
byrron:

So you are among those selling this black market wailers form abi?
We can't afford to lose this high profiled Zombie, though I consulted ogas at the ^^^ before issuing out the form & they said I should aluta continua cool cool
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by ATERI(m): 5:10pm On Oct 15, 2016
Laredojohn:
Hmmm our joking president, did he waste our hard earned resources to go to Germany and make funny statements, how will they take us serious as a country where we have jokers as leaders...u are in front of one of the most powerful woman in the world, and u still joke about your own wife belonging to the kitchen, if the German president was in the kitchen would she be where she is, if hillary Clinton was in the kitchen would she be contesting, if the British pm was in the kitchen would she be there today,if laggard was in t kitchen would she have headed the IMF today, if Mrs Aisha Buhari was in the kitchen would Buhari win the election, our leaders need to know that any statement made outside this country can make or mar our economy, hope they learn early enough...

You have answered your own questions. Margaret Thatcher made sure she was the one cooking for her hubby, throughout her reign in Downing Street. So, the fact that a woman is powerful doesn`t mean she doesn`t belong to the kitchen. Let`s blame this on a President that doesn`t know how to talk in public.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Justiceleague1: 5:12pm On Oct 15, 2016
EdCure:

My opinion on the President remain unequivocal.
His unnecessarily delayed ministerial appointments in the face of inherited economic and security crisis gave him away as one who is either out to play politics or as one who has made himself available for the promotion of certain parochial interests.
What's worse? His nepotistic tendencies hasn't made it easier for some of us (Christians, from the SS) that still strive to defend him...against all odds.
are you an auchi guy?
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
We can't afford to lose this high profiled Zombie, though I consulted ogas at the ^^^ before issuing out the form & they said I should aluta continua cool cool

lol @ the highlighted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
Uniben4sure:
Go and hide your face in shame for the above comment made by you. Smh

Shame itself is even ashamed of him.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 15, 2016
LagosBoi2:
I left my family to sleep over at my former area just to vote for this man, I persuaded a lot of voters to vote for this man. I am disappointed in myself, I couldn't comment since last year because I have been observing all these things as well, This man is truly a mistake. I dislike men who still think of woman like this. A man who betrayed his benefactors and now his own family because of power, I may not like Jonathan but he is not power drunk, He respects women as a responsible man should, This buhari may divorce his wife and take in a 14yr old bride. I honestly don't want to complain before because I know some people will take advantage of it

I'm glad you still have your rationality intact on like others that have lost it completely while still defending the indefensible.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2016
AmuDimkpa:
No matter the side you find yourself, Aisha didn't do well with the interview. The interview exposed a lot about her person and she has made a real mistake. Buhari has not lived up to expectations, in fact , he has failed but the wife is not the best person to point this out in public.
Buhari saying she belongs to the kitchen is really terrible and shows the amount of respect he has for her and probably women in general.
Aisha no try at all.
Aish is frustrated and she angry. She probably needs permission to be with her husband now.
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by pinson(m): 6:43pm On Oct 15, 2016
osesology:
l was discussing with a friend of mine about the gravity of what Buhari said and he was defending him, saying that he was just joking. Now look at where such a tasteless joke has gotten us.
This goes to show that all is not well in the Buhari family...they've been pretending all this while.

Brother, why do you take this CNN so seriously. They are entitled to their opinion, who cares. Just creating nothing out of nothing. I also felt that she is pained that shes not familiar with the faces around and not because of performance. What happens to the effect of her husbands policies on Nigerians?

Now people will start talking about the role of Michelle Obama, well that's America and this is Nigeria. Why do we Nigerians take this distraction as an issue. Who knows the First lady of Russia, France, Hong Kong, China, India, Belgium or are they not developed countries?

I think the problem is her husband is not carrying her along with governance which reduces her contributions unlike previous first ladies

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by biggy26: 6:48pm On Oct 15, 2016
LagosBoi2:
I left my family to sleep over at my former area just to vote for this man, I persuaded a lot of voters to vote for this man. I am disappointed in myself, I couldn't comment since last year because I have been observing all these things as well, This man is truly a mistake. I dislike men who still think of woman like this. A man who betrayed his benefactors and now his own family because of power, I may not like Jonathan but he is not power drunk, He respects women as a responsible man should, This buhari may divorce his wife and take in a 14yr old bride. I honestly don't want to complain before because I know some people will take advantage of it

Your honesty is commendable. Objectivity is good. I tell people, wailing isn't bad as long as it's for d progress of d country. But remaining a zombie when all d indices are blinking negative is unacceptable. Aisha is good!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by ayopo10(m): 7:02pm On Oct 15, 2016
EdCure:

My opinion on the President remain unequivocal.
His unnecessarily delayed ministerial appointments in the face of inherited economic and security crisis gave him away as one who is either out to play politics or as one who has made himself available for the promotion of certain parochial interests.
What's worse? His nepotistic tendencies hasn't made it easier for some of us (Christians, from the SS) that still strive to defend him...against all odds.
You are blessed
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by penukz2015(m): 7:16pm On Oct 15, 2016
LagosBoi2:

No more form for you zom. Bie

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by outflank: 7:35pm On Oct 15, 2016
the full "picture" of the President's statement.

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Forwetinnah: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
Where is Michelle Obama with that her long big mouth with plenty teeth when you need her? She's not said anything about the shame her husband and Hillary sneaked into Aso Rock. If na to carry "bring back our girls" scam placard snap picture..she for carry first!! Shameless Democrats!! I dare her to carry a "buhari respect women" placard..the way she's getting all emotional over Trump's statement about women. Political Jobbers angry

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by chiraqDemon(m): 8:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
The way this man is disgracing us if somebody asks for my nationality i will tell him im from Ghana or even zimbabwe sef.....
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 15, 2016
DaudaAbu:
Why are people this critical?

He say his ''wife'' belong to his kitchen and his living room not ''your wife'' or ''our wives''

If that is the role they agreed between them that she fill ,what is every ones headache?

You might choose to giv ''your wife'' a different responsibility but thats you.

Moreover, she has been travelling all over the place so which time does she even go to the kitchen?

"she has been travelling all over the places "

let me explain, a wife belongs to the kitchen literally means her powers are restricted at the kitchen, living room and the other room

if you are still in school this definition will give you a good mark

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by wiseass: 10:07pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Most of you don't get it

He (PMB) said "my wife" ....from the video, he was smiling and that means he was joking
the

Ever heard of a joke done in bad taste? PMB made an expensive joke . Angela Merkel isn't who you crack expensive sexist jokes with.

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by ebenholer(m): 10:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
It is harass nonsense coming from wife of d president. Does she want all the people of Daura of Kastina State to be appointed alone into the government. I guess she is trying to absolve her husband from this present precarious condition. Now that our leaders is as confused as the nation condition is, we need to come to God.
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Tonyosas101(m): 10:51pm On Oct 15, 2016
wiseass:
the

Ever heard of a joke done in bad taste? PMB made an expensive joke . Angela Merkel isn't who you crack expensive sexist jokes with.
ok sir
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by nicolosam(m): 11:30pm On Oct 15, 2016
dinachi:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in the President's speech that is degrading. Except you believe that the kitchen is a terrible place. Which makes the proud and professional chefs and cooks second class citizens. Don't fall for feminist agenda's, be smart.

This is illogical sir! If it is not degrading to u , then I need to carry out a research of which planet u belong!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by nicolosam(m): 11:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
ATERI:

I know that Americans and their evil media would do anything to distract from the real issue. The real issue is that Americans have been telling the world that they treat women right, and that you are better than the African men. Well, Donald Trump has exposed your lies about the way you treat your women. Two, there is no equivalence between what the Nigerian President said and the fact that America has a Presidential candidate that is a misogynist and career rapist. Face your shame and leave Nigeria out of it!

Bro, are u an american? why don't u concentrate on this diplomatic blunder committed by ur president and leave Trump for Americans.
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by elsomm(m): 11:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
freeze001:
Where is Shehu Garba the defender and interpreter? He should come and do damage control as usual.

See nonsense joke for front of woman wey u go beg for military assistance wey no be kitchen appliances o! Total international disgrace!

Lmao...kitchen appliances!!!

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by ATERI(m): 11:57pm On Oct 15, 2016
nicolosam:

Bro, are u an american? why don't u concentrate on this diplomatic blunder committed by ur president and leave Trump for Americans.

You may want to give that advice to the American media that is obsessed with the negatives of Nigeria. Advise Washington Post to concentrate on America`s numerous shames and stop looking for parallels where none exist. Good luck with that!!!
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by MONITZ: 12:36am On Oct 16, 2016
mars123:
yes I knew a worthless e-hypocrite will find my trouble. If I just stepped into Nigeria today I wouldn't know that not even up to year ago a gender equality bill was thrown into the dustbin because it was unpopular with almost 99% Nigerian men both in government and outside government. Now this maggot is questioning my reasoning, me that was among the silenced 1%? what changed in a year? why are Nigerians fighting for their women now? because of the hatred for Buhari.
I just look at where Nigerians are heading I don't know. People that know what is right keep doing what is wrong. failed people. and you people will keep failing because change is faraway grin

U mean in the same manner that uncle Jonathan was hated because of madame Pepe? Karma is a biatch, what goes around comes around like Bob Nesta Marley said in one of his tracks, an evergreen track at that.
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by skales67(m): 2:52am On Oct 16, 2016
osesology:
l was discussing with a friend of mine about the gravity of what Buhari said and he was defending him, saying that he was just joking. Now look at where such a tasteless joke has gotten us.
This goes to show that all is not well in the Buhari family...they've been pretending all this while.

Please where is Zahra Buhari?
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by Decryptor(m): 3:04am On Oct 16, 2016
skales67:

Please where is Zahra Buhari?

She's in the Other Room

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by LieDetector(m): 4:16am On Oct 16, 2016
dinachi:

You belong to feminsts asshole! why cant you say amen to that? And yes they all belong to the kitchen and I say amen to that and may their husbands always enjoy what they produce in the kitchen. And may you never eat anything from the kitchen...say amen to that!
some schizophrenic situations are subliminal.
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by promise4040: 5:58am On Oct 16, 2016
dinachi:
There is absolutely nothing wrong in the President's speech that is degrading. Except you believe that the kitchen is a terrible place. Which makes the proud and professional chefs and cooks second class citizens. Don't fall for feminist agenda's, be smart.
Re: Buhari's Kitchen Comment, A Tasteless Jibe - Washington Post by pode(m): 6:29am On Oct 16, 2016
Tonyosas101:
Most of you don't get it

He (PMB) said "my wife" ....from the video, he was smiling and that means he was joking
May God have mercy on you, how can you say what the president said is a joke, when you know the person pmb standing with when made that nonsense comment is a woman and the other country he's looking unto will soon have her own president as a woman and you called it a joke, did he leave Nigeria for garmany for stand up comedy show? Please no make vex for you oh

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photo Of National Assembly Gate Today's Morning / Handicapped Man Blocks Police Van, Demands Release Of Arrested Protesters: Video / Seyi Makinde: The Actions Of The Audio Governor - Seye Eyitayo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.