Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,661 members, 7,816,697 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Why We No Longer Help One Another, Or Work Together For Common Good - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why We No Longer Help One Another, Or Work Together For Common Good (463 Views)

He Is No Longer Attracted To His Wife To Be / Help!!! One Of My Friends Is Getting Raped Now / Ever Been In A Relationship Or Work Under A Perfectionist? Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why We No Longer Help One Another, Or Work Together For Common Good by nigerialog: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2016
The other day, a childhood friend called me on phone to let me know that she was in town newly and probably would need a place to stay. Without much thought I told her that she cannot stay in my place; that I wasn't ever going to bring her into my home even if she were totally stranded and have no where to go.

This person used to be a childhood friend, and for much of my young adult life as well -till she got married. We were like sisters virtually throughout our young years and, even when I got married before her, introduced her to my husband and we continued as normal. My husband even paid for one of her international exams (about $500) same time he paid for mine, and we traveled together to a West African country to write that exam.

We carried on like sisters… until she got married. Immediately she got married, she changed and started acting weird. She would make up excuses to ensure that I never got to meet her husband. At first I thought it might be due to some form of inferiority complex, because men often found me more attractive than her and always defaulted towards me. But my friend knows me very well, perhaps more than any other human being on this earth, even my husband. She knows that I am the type that never play games with my life, and very strict with sex matters. She knows that I even got married as a virgin at the age of 25 years. In all the years we had been together, all my friends gave me a nickname “reserved”, and often poked fun at me for living a celibate and reserved lifestyle. She also knows that I love my husband with all my life, and not wired to ever cheat on him for any reason whatsoever. So the fear of me going after her husband is completely out of the question. So why was she distancing herself from me? At a stage again I thought that maybe her husband might see me and start comparing her to me due to my “reserved” lifestyle but then, what are friends for if my friend suffers from such level of self confidence?

Then, series of things happened that proved to me that her misbehavior may be induced by other things...

Read the rest here
Re: Why We No Longer Help One Another, Or Work Together For Common Good by nigerialog: 9:22am On Oct 15, 2016
Not sure where to post this. This section seems closest to the issue being discussed.
Re: Why We No Longer Help One Another, Or Work Together For Common Good by nigerialog: 5:45pm On Oct 15, 2016
A real life story with a real life lesson. Read up.
Re: Why We No Longer Help One Another, Or Work Together For Common Good by firstking01(m): 6:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
nigerialog:
A real life story with a real life lesson. Read up.
Post everything here or you bleep off...ain't no clicking da goddam shitundecided

(1) (Reply)

Boyfriends Set To Quit Their Patner Ahead Of Festive Period Due To Recesion / Is It A Sin To Go Against The Will Of God Just To Convert A Sinner. / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.