Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion (635 Views)

Stop Weeping, Arm Benue People To Defend Themselves, Sagay Tells Ortom / Northern Elders Vow To Defend Buhari Presidency / Technology Will Be Deployed To Fight Crime In Kogi State (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by Philipmems(m): 7:17pm On Oct 15, 2016
I am an advocate of freedom of speech, believe all people are created equally and everyone has the right to his or her own opinion. Marriage and relationships in any form shouldn't take away that human right from you as an individual and if you are in a position where you can't air your view because someone will get angry, make faces or ask you to go to the kitchen which is your place, I shake my head for you as a sign of pity because you are standing in the wrong place.
Would it have been a crime if Buhari said that his wife has her own opinion and that he respects her as his wife even if he doesn't not agree with her opinion in that interview? Would that have made him a lesser man by Nigerian?
People fail to understand that it is allowed to disagree in marriage or relationships. It doesn't mean your are disrespectful, it just means I see things objectively different from you.
Is that a sign of weakness by Nigerian standard? Or acting tough means you have to say "my wife is my property so i have relegated her to the kitchen and other rooms".
This is not to say that a woman or man should be disrespectful when airing their view but be objective in your perception and freely say what's on your mind.
Re: Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by makelove2m(m): 7:19pm On Oct 15, 2016
Philipmems:
I am an advocate of freedom of speech, believe all people are created equally and everyone has the right to his or her own opinion. Marriage and relationships in any form shouldn't take away that human right from you as an individual and if you are in a position where you can't air your view because someone will get angry, make faces or ask you to go to the kitchen which is your place, I shake my head for you as a sign of pity because you are standing in the wrong place.
Would it have been a crime if Buhari said that his wife has her own opinion and that he respects her as his wife even if he doesn't not agree with her opinion in that interview? Would that have made him a lesser man by Nigerian?
People fail to understand that it is allowed to disagree in marriage or relationships. It doesn't mean your are disrespectful, it just means I see things objectively different from you.
Is that a sign of weakness by Nigerian standard? Or acting tough means you have to say "my wife is my property so i have relegated her to the kitchen and other rooms".
This is not to say that a woman or man should be disrespectful when airing their view but be objective in your perception and freely say what's on your mind.

Not at all, except if her opinion is a crime

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 7:20pm On Oct 15, 2016
Yes...if she is saying bullsheet
Re: Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by Tallesty1(m): 7:28pm On Oct 15, 2016
Philipmems:
I think it's un-islamic
Re: Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by Philipmems(m): 7:32pm On Oct 15, 2016
@babyfaceafrica please what's your opinion of the bullshit she said in the interview... she just aired her view. Would you appreciate it if someone denies you the right to speak because they are your superior even when you know you are more intelligent? Come on now... she is human, a person not a property or an animal..
Re: Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by Philipmems(m): 7:36pm On Oct 15, 2016
Tallesty1:
I think it's un-islamic

I understand your point .. but like I said she is a Nigerian first then a muslim... that means the constitution of Nigeria is binding to her first before any other religions or traditional constitution.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 7:38pm On Oct 15, 2016
Philipmems:
@babyfaceafrica please what's your opinion of the bullshit she said in the interview... she just aired her view. Would you appreciate it if someone denies you the right to speak because they are your superior even when you know you are more intelligent? Come on now... she is human, a person not a property or an animal..
lolz...she didn't do it well,she just humilated her husband in the media..which is bad..there are appropriate avenues that such isssues could be channeled...now PDP and wailers are having a filled day with the statement...no matter the intention,,,,if the medium is bad ,the message is lost.It resembles the suspended UnILaG guy who ranted on Facebook,humilating the school and VC....what came out of it nothig!!!!!...what she said is not new and not suprsising,some people haved actually said it that Buharis regime has been higacked by people who did not sweat on it,Tiubu and Mr frank touched that issue briefly....but they handled it better...she just made a mess of her husband..and I am not a party to that!!!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by Philipmems(m): 7:50pm On Oct 15, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
lolz...she didn't do it well,she just humilated her husband in the media..which is bad..there are appropriate avenues that such isssues could be channeled...now PDP and wailers are having a filled day with the statement...no matter the intention,,,,if the medium is bad ,the message is lost.It resembles the suspended UnILaG guy who ranted on Facebook,humilating the school and VC....what came out of it nothig!!!!!...what she said is not new and not suprsising,some people haved actually said it that Buharis regime has been higacked by people who did not sweat on it,Tiubu and Mr frank touched that issue briefly....but they handled it better...she just made a mess of her husband..and I am not a party to that!!!

I really understand what you are saying but speaking from the heart should not be a sign of disrespect or some political tool to be used by the opponent even though it's a lovely thing to do in a contest. I admire her courage and love for her husband to say the truth even when he refuses to listen, my brother that's love not hatred.
Re: Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by babyfaceafrica: 7:59pm On Oct 15, 2016
Philipmems:

I really understand what you are saying but speaking from the heart should not be a sign of disrespect or some political tool to be used by the opponent even though it's a lovely thing to do in a contest. I admire her courage and love for her husband to say the truth even when he refuses to listen, my brother that's love not hatred.
speaking from the heart to the media is counterproductive...now buhari will have an excuse to exclude her from lots of things...well let's see how it goes....na naija we all dey!!
Re: Is It A Crime In Nigeria To Defend Your Wife's Opinion by okangisaiah(f): 8:52pm On Oct 15, 2016
[quote author=babyfaceafrica post=50230688]lolz...she didn't do it well,she just humilated her husband in the media..which is bad..there are appropriate avenues that such isssues could be channeled...now PDP and wailers are having a filled day with the statement...no matter the intention,,,,if the medium is bad ,the message is lost.It resembles the suspended UnILaG guy who ranted on Facebook,humilating the school and VC....what came out of it nothig!!!!!...what she said is not new and not suprsising,some people haved actually said it that Buharis regime has been higacked by people who did not sweat on it,Tiubu and Mr frank touched that issue briefly....but they handled it better...she just made a mess of her husband..and I am not a party to that!!![/quote

I Concord your words, she successfully humiliated her hussy in the public. What happens to talking about it to him in the "other" room than airing it in public for the whole world to hear. Buhari too never responded well, this is to show the world that there is no peace in the family. I'm just thinking of the embarassment their children are going true.

(1) (Reply)

Ojukwu's Spirit Angry With Ndi-igbo- Dailypost / Toll Gate Vs Agbero Fed Government Should Pick One / Obasanjo Congratulates Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.