Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,486 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna (573 Views)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Nindem, Southern Kaduna (Viewers' Discretion) / Governor Ikpeazu Declares 3-Day Curfew In Aba / Arms & Ammunitions Army Found In Southern Kaduna (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna by Uchesdiaries: 2:55am On Oct 17, 2016
Suspected Fulani herdsmen have reportedly killed no fewer than 20 persons between Saturday and Sunday in Godogodo area of Southern Kaduna in Jema'ah Local Government Area.

According to Punch, the attackers laid siege to the town, an urban settlement in Jema’ah LGA, which has its headquarters at Kafanchan, about 250 kilometres away from Kaduna metropolis and serves as both the commercial and the social hub of the people of Southern Kaduna.

The development forced the Interim Management Committee Chairman of the Council, Dr. Humble Katuka, to impose a 24-hour curfew on the LGA around 3pm Sunday.
It was learnt that the herdsmen invaded the town in a commando-like style.

The police source as well as those fleeing from the crisis area, said Godogodo was torched, 20 people killed while scores suffered varying degrees of injuries.

A community leader and eyewitness, who would not want his name in print, told our correspondent that Godogodo town had been under the mercy of gunmen for two days with a part of the town razed.

"In the inferno, many lost their lives while some who tried to escape were shot or hacked down by the Fulani herdsmen".

The Kaduna State Police Public Relations Officer, Aliyu Usman, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, confirmed the violence, saying at least two policemen had been killed in an earlier raid near Gogogodo on Friday while a police formation was attacked before the invaders faced the town on Saturday evening.

"I can confirm to you that yes, there has been an invasion of Godogodo by some hoodlums. It is true that they have burnt down some parts of the town, but for now I have not been told the exact figure of casualties, but people were killed.

"In fact, the gunmen first attacked our men stationed there. Our men got some help from another unit of police and they beat the attackers into a temporary retreat".

"As I speak, the Kaduna State Police Commissioner has ordered deployment of more units of Mobile Policemen and Conventional Police in the town. They should have arrived by now. Last Friday, some armed men ambushed our men around Godogodo, killed two officers and fled. We shall surely get them soon.”

Another local community leader in Godogodo alleged that last month, some Fulani youths who were well armed, attempted to enter Godogodo to kill people but the people escaped to Ninte, Golgofa, Akwa, Gada and the surrounding villages in July. However, vigilante groups chased them out, arresting five of them.

"But they killed four of our boys. People ran away from Godogodo to Gidan Waya (the next semi-urban town about 4km away). But with the permanent posting of policemen in the area after that incident, people returned to the community.

"Then last Saturday, around 6pm, we heard gunshots from around Anguwan Ninzon area. As the people were running and women and children screaming, they set some houses on fire with people inside. If I tell you how I managed to escape, you will say I’m lying. I just followed some old men and we ran through a bush path with shootings going on all over the town".

http://www.uchesdiaries.com/2016/10/curfew-imposed-as-uspected-fulani.html
Re: Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna by Oyiboman69: 3:14am On Oct 17, 2016
fear north my brethren..for they will come in a sheep's clothing.
Re: Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna by Opharhe: 3:16am On Oct 17, 2016
Ah ah! Fulani Herdsmen again?
Re: Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna by jeffizy(m): 3:38am On Oct 17, 2016
Kaduna is fast turning to an extension of Syria.
The disruption of the state Governor's good efforts is full blown.
Re: Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna by GMBuhari: 3:51am On Oct 17, 2016
Nobody can tell precisely its herds men

What if it's shiites retaliating what army did?

Just thinking out loud
Re: Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna by DarkRed(m): 3:59am On Oct 17, 2016
jeffizy:
Kaduna is fast turning to an extension of Syria.
The disruption of the effort of the state Governor's good efforts is full blown.
Abeg o. No carry your mouth tie our fate to Syria, Bros. Biko. Kaduna is not even as half bad as that country. Besides God has been helping us.
Re: Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna by jeffizy(m): 4:05am On Oct 17, 2016
DarkRed:

Abeg o. No carry your mouth tie our fate to Syria, Bros. Biko. Kaduna is not even as half bad as that country. Besides God has been helping us.

Not wishing your state evil. But it's being a bit of a roller coaster for a while.
From Shi'ite/Sunni aggression to ban on street begging to some low tone complaints of government bias towards the Christians. All these can unsettle a government and keep it unfocused.

1 Like

Re: Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna by nnokwa042(m): 4:21am On Oct 17, 2016
GMBuhari:
Nobody can tell precisely its herds men

What if it's shiites retaliating what army did?

Just thinking out loud
shias retaliating against christians? I think ur high on cow pee when did christians becomes sunni wahabi that re killing shias all over the world or u want to defend fulani people again
Re: Curfew Imposed As Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Kill 20 In Southern Kaduna by Mynd44: 4:44am On Oct 17, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Kwara State Governor, Alh Abdulfatah Ahmed Pictured Taking A Selfie / Judiciary Must Save Democracy In Nigeria – Fayose / Watch My WOLEXIT,Soyinka Vowed To Keep His Word-sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.