Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,271 members, 7,954,064 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:47 AM

Bible Quiz Game - Forum Games (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Bible Quiz Game (26784 Views)

Brain Quiz!!! / Bible Quiz / Dis Quiz Made 2 Guyz Throw Serious Blows On Themselves.lmao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Quiz Game by welli(f): 1:25pm On May 27, 2008
where in d bible was d fite btw angels of GOD nd lucifer recorded
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 2:09pm On May 27, 2008
welli:

where in d bible was d fite between angels of GOD nd lucifer recorded

Revelation 12

7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world:
he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by welli(f): 2:12pm On May 27, 2008
@ kola,thanks
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Sodgi(m): 6:49pm On May 27, 2008
When was the last time Jesus saw his apostles and disciples?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2008
Sodgi:

Pls rephrase your question because Jesus never saw his apostles and disciples together.
Are you referring to the Eleven disciples minus Judas or The twelve of them altogether? pls clarify.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2008
Sodgi:

Could it be in Acts 1:3-12?

Acts 1:3-12 (King James Version)

3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:28pm On May 30, 2008
When was the last time that Mary the mother of Jesus was mentioned in the Bible?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

When was the last time that Mary the mother of Jesus was mentioned in the Bible?

Acts 1
1 The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,

2 Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen:

3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

4 And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.

5 For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.

6 When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?

7 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

9 And when he had spoken these things, while they beheld, he was taken up; and a cloud received him out of their sight.

10 And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;

11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

13 And when they were come in, they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James, and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew, James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of James.

14 These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication, with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 10:04am On Jun 03, 2008
Snake bit Paul, right?

1. Where was it recorded in the bible?
2. What type of snake bit Paul?
3. Was it the incident that led to Paul's death?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 11:47am On Jun 06, 2008
Where are the bible scholars now,are you on holiday?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2008
kola oloye:

Snake bit Paul, right?

1. Where was it recorded in the bible?
2. What type of snake bit Paul?
3. Was it the incident that led to Paul's death?

1.  Acts 28:3-6
2.  A Viper, which can be a poisonous asp or adder that is usually 4 inches long and as wide as a wire. shocked
3.  No.  It did not do Paul any harm by the grace of God.  Acts 28:6

---------------

Click on the link below and try to answer some objective questions on Creation and Evolution.
http://www.train2equip.com/quiz.asp
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 10:11am On Jun 10, 2008
@Olaadegbu,
You are a scholar indeed. kiss

The name 'JESUS' appeared in the bible,how many times?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:53pm On Jun 10, 2008
kola oloye:

The name 'JESUS' appeared in the bible,how many times?

Not less than nine hundred and forty-nine times

OLAADEGBU:

@kola oloye, You are blessed and highly flavoured grin

You were accurate with your answer as to when the name of Mary was last mentioned in the Bible. However, I have a sneeky feeling that 2 John was probably a letter to Mary the mother of Jesus, knowing that Jesus committed her into the care of John the beloved.

Shalom.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:35pm On Jun 13, 2008
In how many verses of the 4 synoptic gospels did Jesus Christ quote from the Old Testament?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 2:29pm On Jun 18, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

Not less than nine hundred and forty-nine times

Once again you got it right, i`m proud of you.
The name "Jesus" appeared 950 times in 942 scriptures.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:27pm On Jun 20, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

In how many verses of the 4 synoptic gospels did Jesus Christ quote from the Old Testament?

180 verses were quotations from or references to the Old Testament. This means that nearly one out every ten words spoken by Jesus Christ were taken from the then available canon of Scripture.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:52pm On Jun 20, 2008
How many time does the phrase "Hear ye the Word of the Lord" occur in the book of Isaiah?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 11:55am On Jun 23, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

How many time does the phrase "Hear ye the Word of the Lord" occur in the book of Isaiah?

3 TIMES
Isaiah 1:10
Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

Isaiah 28:14
Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 66:5
Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for
my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by lysaa(f): 11:37pm On Jun 23, 2008
should Christians pray in tongues? and where is th reference in the bible?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Nobody: 4:36am On Jun 24, 2008
lysaa:

should Christians pray in tongues? and where is th reference in the bible?

It's very good if you can pray in tongues but if you can't, it's not a ticket to heaven. It's not the one and only evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:10
To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues

1 Corinthians 14:39
Therefore, brethren, desire earnestly to prophesy, and do not forbid to speak with tongues.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2008
kola oloye:

3 TIMES
Isaiah 1:10
Hear the word of the LORD, ye rulers of Sodom; give ear unto the law of our God, ye people of Gomorrah.

Isaiah 28:14
Wherefore hear the word of the LORD, ye scornful men, that rule this people which is in Jerusalem.

Isaiah 66:5
Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for
my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

Good job.

When was the bible divided into 66 chapters?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 9:33am On Jun 26, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

When was the bible divided into 66 chapters?

Churchmen Archbishop Stephen Langton and Cardinal Hugo de Sancto Caro determined different schemas for
systematic division of the Bible between 1227 and 1248. It is the system of Archbishop Langton on which the
modern chapter divisions are based cheesy
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 9:44am On Jun 26, 2008
I was going thru this thread when i discovered that this question was never answered--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: olaadegbu on April 17, 2008, 05:19 PM

I do not know how many verses there are in the old testament but I do know that the Bible contains 2 testaments old and new; 39 and 27 books respectively; 1,189 chapters and probably over 10,000 verses altogether.

You will need an average of 12 minutes per day reading it aloud so as to finish reading it in a year. Read it to be wise, Believe it to be saved and practise it to be holy and make heaven.

Old testament has 23,145 verses,while new testament has 7,957. TOTAL NO= 31,102
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 9:51am On Jun 26, 2008
Where is this scripture in the bible and how many times did it appear?

Do not err, my beloved brethren.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Jun 26, 2008
kola oloye:

Churchmen Archbishop Stephen Langton and Cardinal Hugo de Sancto Caro determined different schemas for
systematic division of the Bible between 1227 and 1248. It is the system of Archbishop Langton on which the
modern chapter divisions are based cheesy

Absolutely! The chapter division of the bible was by Stephen Longton in 1228 A.D.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:47pm On Jun 26, 2008
kola oloye:

I was going through this thread when i discovered that this question was never answered--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: olaadegbu on April 17, 2008, 05:19 PM

I do not know how many verses there are in the old testament but I do know that the Bible contains 2 testaments old and new; 39 and 27 books respectively; 1,189 chapters and probably over 10,000 verses altogether.

You will need an average of 12 minutes per day reading it aloud so as to finish reading it in a year. Read it to be wise, Believe it to be saved and practise it to be holy and make heaven.

Old testament has 23,145 verses,while new testament has 7,957. TOTAL NO= 31,102

May the Lord richly bless you for the answer.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:18pm On Jun 27, 2008
kola oloye:

Where is this scripture in the bible and how many times did it appear?

I could not find this phrase in the Scriptures, can you help?

When was the bible divided into verses and by whom?.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by maureenfx(f): 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2008
wisdom is knowledge
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 4:00pm On Jun 27, 2008
OLAADEGBU:

I could not find this phrase in the Scriptures

grin grin grin Is that your final answer? grin grin grin
Haba OLA! You are more than this.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by kolaoloye(m): 4:08pm On Jun 27, 2008
King James Version (KJV)

James 1

1  James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

2  My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;

3  Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.

4  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

6  But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.

7  For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.

8  A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.

9  Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:

10  But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.

11  For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth,
       and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.

12  Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the
       Lord hath promised to them that love him.

13  Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

14  But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

15  Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16  Do not err, my beloved brethren.

17  Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is
no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

18  Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

19  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

20  For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

21  Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted
       word, which is able to save your souls.

22  But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23  For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24  For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25  But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer,
       but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26  If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

27  Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction,
       and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

@Olaadegbu,
I will answer your question monday afternoon,have a nice weekend
wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:10am On Jun 28, 2008
kola oloye:

King James Version (KJV)
James 1

16  Do not err, my beloved brethren.

@kola oloye,

Thanks for the answer.  Don't mind me as I have been too lazy to do a proper research.  It is well with you and remain blessed and rapturable.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Eclairs: 3:47am On Jun 28, 2008
how many books in the bible are named after women? What are they?

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (20) (Reply)

Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Post Your First Ever Comment On Nairaland Here. / Who Killed The Man?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.