Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,759 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Bible Quiz Game - Forum Games (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / Bible Quiz Game (26167 Views)

Brain Quiz!!! / Bible Quiz / Dis Quiz Made 2 Guyz Throw Serious Blows On Themselves.lmao (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bible Quiz Game by samueline(f): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2007
ricadelide:

Here's a question for the Mathematicians/scholars;

How old was Terah when Abraham was born?

Guess its 70.

And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran. Gen. 11: 26.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by TrueTalk3: 3:14pm On Oct 10, 2007
Who said this and on what occassion?

"Alas, Master, "
Re: Bible Quiz Game by samueline(f): 3:54pm On Oct 10, 2007
True Talk:

Who said this and on what occassion?

"Alas, Master, "

But as one was felling a beam, the axe head fell into the water: and he cried, and said, Alas, master! for it was borrowed. 2 Kings 6:5
Re: Bible Quiz Game by TrueTalk3: 4:00pm On Oct 10, 2007
Samueline, Samueline grin

You too dey try! wink

Who was first to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by ricadelide(m): 5:22pm On Oct 10, 2007
samueline:

Guess its 70.

And Terah lived seventy years, and begat Abram, Nahor, and Haran. Gen. 11: 26.
should have said its a tricky question. Actually, considering all the scriptures that apply, it can't be 70. The questions that would arise are; are they triplets? Was Abram the first born? and so on. If you answer those, you'd realize it isn't 70.

So try again grin. The question still stands;

How old was Terah when Abram was born?

I could give some clues if you want
Re: Bible Quiz Game by samueline(f): 5:34pm On Oct 10, 2007
ricadelide:

should have said its a tricky question. Actually, considering all the scriptures that apply, it can't be 70. The questions that would arise are; are they triplets? Was Abram the first born? and so on. If you answer those, you'd realize it isn't 70.

Alright, give clues, m waiting
Re: Bible Quiz Game by ricadelide(m): 5:49pm On Oct 10, 2007
@samueline,
three clues
see Acts 7;4 ; Gen. 11;32 and Gen. 12;4
then do some mathematics smiley
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:27pm On Oct 10, 2007
True Talk:

I actually missed this part of your post
You are correct! Methuselah was killed by the flood!

He didn't get into Noah ark; because he was around till then!

Nice one! wink

According to Enoch's prophecy which says that 'when he dies it will happen', this means that Methuselah's death will precede the flood of Noah.  This to me means that he died just before the flood and not during the flood.

ricadelide:

Terah died at the age of 205 in Haran.  Gen. 11:32

Abraham was 75 years of age when Terah died.  Gen. 12:4;Acts 7:4.

Terah was 70 years old when he gave birth to his firstborn child who is most likely to be Haran.  Gen. 11:26,28-29.

Therefore, Terah was 130 years of age when he gave birth to Abraham.  (205-75=130.)  QED wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by moondust(m): 7:25am On Oct 11, 2007
Who was bar-jesus?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:11am On Oct 11, 2007
moondust:

Who was bar-jesus?

Bar-Jesus means the son of one Yeshua, that is, the son of Joshua.  His greek name was Elymas Acts 13:8.   He was a false prophet who tried to turn gov. Sergius Paulus from the gospel truth.  Paul predicted that God would punish him with temporary blindness Acts 13:7-12 so as to facilitate the conversion of the Governor.  This is a lesson to many of us who allow ourselves to be used as the devil's advocate.

--------

1. Who was 'Simon the sorcerer'?

2. What was his sinful proposal to Peter?

3. How are the likes of 'Simon the sorcerer' operating today?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by ricadelide(m): 12:29am On Oct 12, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

Terah died at the age of 205 in Haran.  Gen. 11:32

Abraham was 75 years of age when Terah died.  Gen. 12:4;Acts 7:4.

Terah was 70 years old when he gave birth to his firstborn child who is most likely to be Haran.  Gen. 11:26,28-29.

Therefore, Terah was 130 years of age when he gave birth to Abraham.  (205-75=130.)  Q.E.D. wink
Nice job smiley. QED.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:54pm On Oct 14, 2007
True Talk:

Who was first to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah?

You may have Simon Peter in mind, but I will like to say that there were a lot of people who acknowledged Him as the Messiah before Peter.  Starting from Mary then Joseph received the news first.  Then Elizabeth and John the baptist in the womb next.  The shepherds whom the angels broke the news to who came to visit Jesus in the Manger.  Then Simeon and Anna after at his dedication.  Two years later the Magis (Wise men) from the east acknowledged Jesus as the Messiah.  John the baptist at the water baptism of Jesus Christ before Simeon Peter received the revelation from God the Father.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by samueline(f): 1:34pm On Oct 15, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

--------

1. Who was 'Simon the sorcerer'?

2. What was his sinful proposal to Peter?

3. How are the likes of 'Simon the sorcerer' operating today?

1. Simon the sorcerer appeared in Acts 8. He used magical arts to make people in Samaria believe that the 'miracles' he performed are truly God ordained. Although, he changed his ways (believed) and was baptised

2. He offered money to Phillip in exchange for the gift of the Holy Spirit. (He wanted to lay hands on people so that they could receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit).

3. The likes of Simon still exist today. There are people who claim to be men/women of God today who are actually in the occult and use occultic means for results. I remember a story I read recently on nairaland where a pastor tried importing electric shock machine. The question is what is the machine meant for.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by TrueTalk3: 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2007
OLAADEGBU:

You may have Simon Peter in mind, but I will like to say that there were a lot of people who acknowledged Him as the Messiah before Peter. Starting from Mary then Joseph received the news first.

Nice one!

In my opinion; Mary was the first to acknowledge Jesus as the Messiah; as she believed the angel. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by larriederm(m): 11:29am On Oct 17, 2007
@true talk
u are wrong! i think u want to pit 365! right?

@olaadebgu
u are right! but this is shown to you by the spirit of God not by ur flesh, just as the spirit shows to peter who JESUS CHRIST is!
good, keep the word rolling!

another question

WHAT DOES THE ROD IN THE HAND OF MOSES MEANS? BIBLE REFERENCES PLS!
Re: Bible Quiz Game by larriederm(m): 2:59pm On Oct 19, 2007
does it mean that no body knowws the answer to my question?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by Busta(f): 3:00pm On Oct 19, 2007
it was the rod that he used to part the red sea. . and it turned into a serpent once.

that is as much as i know.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by larriederm(m): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2007
thanks, but that is not what am asking for, i said looking at that ROD wat does it means. the rod perform different works , yes i know
1 wat is the ROD IT SELF?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by divanaija1: 10:46am On Oct 22, 2007
, took the rod of God in his hand (Exod. 4:17, 20),

From the above, it is evident that moses rod or staff of God , represented power, and in the supreme sense the Divine omnipotence of the Lord.

undecided undecided
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 7:42am On Nov 03, 2007
How many brothers did Goliath have? Name them - give references pls
Re: Bible Quiz Game by feelgood(m): 7:44am On Nov 03, 2007
How many brothers did Goliath have? Give their names and ref pls
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:40pm On Nov 20, 2007
feelgood:

How many brothers did Goliath have? Name them - give references please

Goliath had four brothers 2 Sam.21:19,22

1. Sippai or Saph 1Chron.20:4;2 Sam.21:18.

2. Lahmi 1Chron.20:5; 2 Sam.21:19.

3. The brother with 24 fingers and toes (12 fingers and 12 toes).  1 Chron. 20:8-9; 2 Sam.21:20-22

4. Ishbi-benob 2 Sam.21:16-17
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:08pm On Nov 20, 2007
larriederm:

WHAT DOES THE ROD IN THE HAND OF MOSES MEANS? BIBLE REFERENCES PLS!

The rod in the hand of Moses became the rod of God Ex. 17:9.  This was an ordinary dry stick which Moses used in controlling and defending the flock he was shepherding but when he surrendered it to God it became the rod of giving victory in battle, an instrument to do signs by the deliberate counsel and intervention of God.

I have also learnt that God cannot be put in a box.  As He used the rod to divide the red sea so that His people could pass through, He used the ark of the covenant to part river Jordan for His people to get to the promised land.  While Elisha used the mantle of Elijah to part the river into two so as to get to the other side, our Lord and Master Jesus Christ simply walked over the river to get to his destination. wink
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:03pm On Nov 21, 2007
samueline:

1. Simon the sorcerer appeared in Acts 8. He used magical arts to make people in Samaria believe that the 'miracles' he performed are truly God ordained. Although, he changed his ways (believed) and was baptised

2. He offered money to Phillip in exchange for the gift of the Holy Spirit. (He wanted to lay hands on people so that they could receive the gifts of the Holy Spirit).

3. The likes of Simon still exist today. There are people who claim to be men/women of God today who are actually in the occult and use occultic means for results. I remember a story I read recently on nairaland where a pastor tried importing electric shock machine. The question is what is the machine meant for.

Good job! I will like to make some contributions to the above statements.
1. Simon offered money to Peter and John not Philip. 2. The likes of Simon today can also be seen when ministers of the gospel use the Power of the Holy Spirit for personal gain as they charge people in different ways either in honorariums, sale of Christian literatures or offerings given at the expense of the people's salvation of their souls. They demand for money before they can preach to the lost, preaching on prosperity, deliverance, healing without the preaching about the salvation of their souls.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:43pm On Nov 24, 2007
@ Administrator,

Can you kindly move this thread back to the religion section where we may have more contributions?

Thanks.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:45pm On Nov 24, 2007
1.  What did Jesus mean when He commended the centurion soldier's 'great faith'?
2.  What is great faith?
3.  How can we manifest great faith in God like the centurion did?

Luke 7:1-10; Matthew 8:5-13.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2007
1. Jesus said that to him
a. He was a soldier with authourity asking Jesus for help for a Servent lying dead in different place where Jesus was he believed that Jesus had the authourity to heal him.
b. He was a gentile coming to ask a Jew(Jesus) for a miracle, when the Jews felt the Gentiles were unworthy of God's Love

2. Faith is the "Total dependence on God and the willingness to do his will".

3. We can manifest great faith in Jesus Christ by the way the we Worship him, We pray, by telling people about Jesus Christ. Also the way we behave when we are in difficult situation, do we Look on to Jesus the Author and finisher of our faith or do we look at the tempest around us? we have to believe in God's word and not look for signs and miracle to prove that God is in that situation, Signs and wonders shall follow them that believe (in God and his words).
Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 9:11pm On Nov 25, 2007
My question
What kind of friends are we not to have.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Nov 26, 2007
atutupoyo:

1. Jesus said that to him
a. He was a soldier with authourity asking Jesus for help for a Servent lying dead in different place where Jesus was he believed that Jesus had the authourity to heal him.
b. He was a gentile coming to ask a Jew(Jesus) for a miracle, when the Jews felt the Gentiles were unworthy of God's Love

2. Faith is the "Total dependence on God and the willingness to do his will".

3. We can manifest great faith in Jesus Christ by the way the we Worship him, We pray, by telling people about Jesus Christ. Also the way we behave when we are in difficult situation, do we Look on to Jesus the Author and finisher of our faith or do we look at the tempest around us? we have to believe in God's word and not look for signs and miracle to prove that God is in that situation, Signs and wonders shall follow them that believe (in God and his words).

Great job! That was a good shot. However, I have a little addition to your answers.

The centurion had deep insight into the dynamics of spiritual authority. He expressed absolute faith in the power of Christ. He believed that Jesus did not need to have a physical touch on his paralytic servant before healing him, he simply believed that Jesus had the authority over demons and a word from Him would heal his servant.

We can manifest great faith by simply believing the Word of Jesus Christ rather than put our trust in the physical contact of the minister, we should also have faith in the unfailing power and in the authority in the name of Jesus, and that the Power of God knows no barriers or distance.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:30pm On Nov 26, 2007
atutupoyo:

My question
What kind of friends are we not to have.

"Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful."  Psa.1:1

From the verse above we can deduce the kind of friends that we ought not to have.

1. The ungodly; are those who are morally wrong, actively bad, wicked and unjust.

2.  Sinners;  those who are not born again.

3.  the scornful."  those who mock or scoff at born again Christians who live holy lives.

"14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel[/color]?

16[color=#000099]And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people
."  2Cor.6:14-16

From the preceding passage we can safely come to the conclusion that a believer in Christ must not get into intimate friendship with an unbeliever, otherwise you may end up getting the devil as your -in-laws or rather 'out-laws'.

"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God."   James 4:4

"15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever."  1 John 2:15-17

If your friends love the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life they do not have the love of God in their hearts and therefore, qualify as an enemy of God.

"Can two walk together, except they be agreed?"  Amos 3:3

If you find out that you are compatible with friends that have the above qualities and values that has been stated this may mean you should examine your faith whether Christ is in your heart.  If not repent of your sins by turning away from them and turn to God by trusting in Jesus Christ as your personal saviour, trust him as you will trust a parachute.  Have faith in His blood for the cleansing and forgiveness of your sins.

Then begin to spend time with God and maintain a living connection with Him on a daily basis and begin to trust and obey His commandments, He will give you the ability and grace to do His good will and pleasure Phil.2:12-13.

Tell the Lord to lead you to places of worship where sound teaching of the Word of God is taught and given preeminence and the people love the word of God and live lives pleasing to the Lord.

Start to tell your old friends about the good news (gospel) and the new life in Christ.

Read about a friend indeed.  John 15:13,14,15; Prov.17:17; 18:24; 27:6.
Re: Bible Quiz Game by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:05pm On Dec 03, 2007
What is the opposite of faith?
Re: Bible Quiz Game by atutupoyo(f): 9:34pm On Dec 04, 2007
the opposite of faith is doubt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Introduce Yourself With Something That Almost Killed You / Post Your First Ever Comment On Nairaland Here. / How Many Locks Are Open?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.