Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,973 members, 7,814,307 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport (2993 Views)

VP Osinbajo At The Commssioning Of Ademola Hall At Nigerian Law School Lagos / No Nigerian Airport Among Africa's Best 10 / South African Robbers Shoot At Nigerian Diplomat And Family In Pretoria! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by asunaobi(m): 8:02am On Oct 23, 2009
I wept after watching the video clip. What a shame! Even common 'emergency lighting auto system' which can be set up using solar energy, we have the best climate to do that. Not to talk of 'auto standby generators'. These things can be done by Nigerians not foreigners. Infact many Nigerian electrical engineers do these things abroad and are paid peanut for it.

When I travelled back home last year I went to the power supply authority office or whatever they call themselves and it didnt take me time to find out that their boss whom I went to see lacked the technical knowledge to be where he was. I am not saying that he was an idiot, but just that he was'nt well trained technically to be occupying such a position.

To me personally, sustainable and consistent power generation, transmission and distribution is not a rocket science and should'nt be a problem to a country like Nigeria with good numbers of smart and clever engineers.

My heart bleeds for my motherland! SO SAD.
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by Nobody: 8:21am On Oct 23, 2009
More money,more problems for yaradua.,keep it up
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by Sagamite(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2009
What stupid accent was the film producer putting on?

All these wannabe twats. His fone was giving me bellyaches and nausea.

It is obvious he can speak better and more clearly as he did when he was asking for D32.

I don't know why some people think they have to put on some lame accent (that makes them sound like some drool).
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by kosovo(m): 8:41am On Oct 23, 2009
[size=15pt]A civilized society is one which tolerates eccentricity to the point of doubtful sanity. [/size]

Nigerians, RISE UP AND FIGHT NOW!!! angry angry angry
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by toideve(m): 9:24am On Oct 23, 2009
this is no news not even worth commenting on, If nepa can take light for like a week now in my area, how much more, angry
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by amedino(m): 9:41am On Oct 23, 2009
AND WE ARE HOSTING THE UNDER 17 WORLD CUP IN 24 HRS TIME. shocked
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by Nobody: 9:42am On Oct 23, 2009
toideve:

this is no news not even worth commenting on, If nepa can take light for like a week now in my area, how much more, angry

grin grin sorry oooo
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by Oloks(m): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2009
Why are you guys been excited? Is this the first time NEPA took light? I thought by now everybody might have gotten used to it.

What a comment !!!

This explains why the country is so screwed up, because our leaders have conditioned the people to get used to sub-standard way of living and move on.
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by GTay(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2009
Oloks:

What a comment !!!

This explains why the country is so screwed up, because our leaders have conditioned the people to get used to sub-standard way of living and move on.

Word!

A shame that people can talk like this, But who can blame them? Who can blame the average man that has no basis for comparison.
When generators are now a household commodity. Its so bad that If you wanna giv som1 a gift, people think no further than a generating set sad sad sad
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by mikesleek(m): 10:17pm On Oct 23, 2009
**shakes head**
it really is not new. I visited a client of mine today who wants to invest a whooping 400,000 naira to solve the energy crises holding her business down. That is why things don't move forward, we are circle drawn.
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by MrCrackles(m): 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2009
Nigeria is super screwed sideways, mid-ways and bothways!
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by PurestBoy(m): 12:22am On Oct 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

Nigeria is super screwed sideways, mid-ways and bothways!

Oga what r u doing to solve the problem? You're in UK enjoying and running ur mouth here anyhow
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by Nobody: 3:03am On Oct 24, 2009
PurestBoy:

Oga what r u doing to solve the problem? You're in UK enjoying and running your mouth here anyhow
You dnt have to be in Nigeria to know that Nigeria is screwed up!
If those in Naija cant do anything, what can he do?
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by kemmy100: 6:49am On Oct 24, 2009
it happened to me too, 3 months ago, when i was flying back from naija, i was just about to board turkish airlines and nepa took light, it took them more than 5 mins to put the gen on, i was so shocked of all places and dora iss shouting up and down about rebranding, who is she trying to fool, i mean any fool should know the places to begin rebranding in the place, number 1 would and should be the airport. dumb ass, skanky stealing, politicians
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by MrCrackles(m): 8:59am On Oct 24, 2009
PurestBoy:

Oga what r u doing to solve the problem? You're in UK enjoying and running your mouth here anyhow
Wetin concern me. . . .
Am i from Nigeria
cool
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by mirababy: 10:36am On Oct 24, 2009
na waooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,osalobua ghe vbie,power failure 4 airport again!nothing person nor go hear.
Re: Electricity Problems At Nigerian Airport by adeylaide(m): 8:34am On Nov 16, 2009
only God knows if the power failure at the MMA is for a purpose? Nigerians wiseup

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Village Square Hacked! / Niger Delta Already Has State Police Also / Africa Largest Gas City Worth $26bn Underway In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.