Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,833 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:37 AM

New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. (34518 Views)

My First Visit To The Eko Atlantic City (pictures And Video) / Eko Atlantic City Updates / New Great Shorts Of Eko-atlantic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by ALAYORMII: 10:04pm On Oct 17, 2016
EdibleCatering:

Asking and not begging right

Y dont they just take it if it is theirs?

"The stridency of your cluelessness has reached the heights of impiety...." Wole soyinka

From Ur post I can see you hate Yorubas but you still have to quote one of them to prove Ur English proficiency

5 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by ArchiPelago1: 10:21pm On Oct 17, 2016
fellis:
Why don't these people just build factories and industries instead to create jobs for youth? What purpose is this hotel serving towards making Nigeria a better country?

Go and check what Hotel has done and is still doing to dubai's economy

2 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Earth2Metahuman: 10:22pm On Oct 17, 2016
Flat heads

Comman tell us how you own Lagos Atlantic cheesy

2 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by kayo80(m): 10:34pm On Oct 17, 2016
JayJustus:

hotel brings foreign exchange...hotels can act as a tourist attraction...burj khalifa in Dubai is a tourist attraction on its own...I am in this industry and I know how much dollars we make on a daily basis...come to my hotel alone and we can replace most BDCs around cos we have these currencies...need me list more what about underwater hotels in Fiji islands and the rest??

shocked Are you for real? Men! I must make this money. But please, let me start with your hotel. Where is it and how much for a night?
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by javispj(m): 10:43pm On Oct 17, 2016
This is nice,but I still think the civic tower n so many other skyscrapers in the island n ikoyi r far better than this one a
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by amostt(m): 10:47pm On Oct 17, 2016
Register it now and thank me later.
Earn real money online by working as a part time job easily, earn up to 2500$ dollars weekly guranteed join link at http://taskmine.club/pay.php?ref=haymorz
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by theGistsonline: 11:26pm On Oct 17, 2016
Yorubas are doing great.

Ogun,Oyo and Ondo should pick up themselves and place themselves on the same pedestal as Lagos

God bless Yorubas and nairaland as I deactivate
A Taraba power broker in Nigeria is the largest shareholder of Eko Atlantic City! What team of architects did the design work? & what building & CE coy is doing the building? I bet you don't know!

1 Like

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by EdibleCatering: 11:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
Earth2Metahuman:
Flat heads

Comman tell us how you own Lagos Atlantic cheesy

Oh i see its yours. Just walk in and pick a plot and start building.. If u wunt end up in kirikiri.

Be there in ur local oshogbo village and be claiming a fellow man's investment in another state .. Oluku

1 Like

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by EdibleCatering: 11:50pm On Oct 17, 2016
ALAYORMII:

From Ur post I can see you hate Yorubas but you still have to quote one of them to prove Ur English proficiency

Gat no time for hate bruv.. Its beneath me.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by ALAYORMII: 12:40am On Oct 18, 2016
EdibleCatering:

Gat no time for hate bruv.. Its beneath me.

Do a soul searching and tell ursef the bitter truth

EdibleCatering:

After u will be begging for "special status" u want to use 1% of everybody's sweat to develop lagos. When it is developed, u claim it as "Yoruba land". If its a yoloba achievemnt, why are oda sw states not even close? Na so bwaris wuld start claiming Abuja as their achievement. Useless comment

4 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by davidif: 5:35am On Oct 18, 2016
fellis:
Why don't these people just build factories and industries instead to create jobs for youth? What purpose is this hotel serving towards making Nigeria a better country?

That's not the job of the govt, there job is to create an environment where business can flourish.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by davidif: 5:39am On Oct 18, 2016
nextstep:
I am on your side on this one (and a firm believer in manufacturing), but I think the answer for why they're doing this is:

1. there is a demand for luxury accomodations in Nigeria that will pay from day 1.
2. factories and industry is risky business when you have to supply your own electricity, water, light
3. who knows how much you will pay for machines and raw materials as the exchange rate bounces all over the place
4. the quality of labour is low (compared to other countries), due to many factors
5. Nigerians won't buy your products (since it's made in Nigeria)
6. apart from a few sectors, competition from abroad (with lower costs of production) will wipe out your profits

In light of these, the question to me becomes, "who in their right mind would build a factory in Nigeria?" It's sad, really. embarassed
Of course, we have our few giants of industry, but for the most part, there's more profit in luxury accommodations, than there is in manufacturing, today. Besides, it will grow the economy in terms of office space, hotels, luxury apartments and the like.

If only he had used all this money to build a power plant be it coal, hydro or solar that would provide Lagosians with constant electricity and get Lagos state out of the national grid, that would have been a much better investment in my book. What is holding this country back besides corruption and mismanagement is lack of constant electricity.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by davidif: 5:41am On Oct 18, 2016
Shym3xx:
Impressive.

To those looking for factories and other things, Lagos shouldn't be the place for that. London has Canary Wharf. New York has Manhattan. UAE has Dubai. So, this is absolutely a wonderful initiative and if well executed, with a proper financial district in mind - it could end up becoming the financial centre of Africa. And that right there is much more valuable than oil.

Salute to the fact that they're slowly but surely executing. Hopefully, the end game would follow the same path.

If only the Lagos state govt had focused instead on building a power plant (be it coal, hydro or solar) that would provide Lagosians with constant electricity and get Lagos state out of the national grid, that would have been a much better investment in my book. What is holding this country back besides corruption and mismanagement is lack of constant electricity.

1 Like

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by moshino(m): 5:55am On Oct 18, 2016
RIZLER:
Only for the rich the poor live in slums embarassed

Before nko! Thats how it is all over the world. When the poor gets rich, they can also partake in the luxury enjoyment.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by EdibleCatering: 6:05am On Oct 18, 2016
ALAYORMII:

Do a soul searching and tell ursef the bitter truth

EdibleCatering:

After u will be begging for "special status" u want to use 1% of everybody's sweat to develop lagos. When it is developed, u claim it as "Yoruba land". If its a yoloba achievemnt, why are oda sw states not even close? Na so bwaris wuld start claiming Abuja as their achievement. Useless comment

Is that all u got? Smh
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by omonnakoda: 6:22am On Oct 18, 2016
davidif:

If only the Lagos state govt had focused instead on building a power plant (be it coal, hydro or solar) that would provide Lagosians with constant electricity and get Lagos state out of the national grid, that would have been a much better investment in my book. What is holding this country back besides corruption and mismanagement is lack of constant electricity.
You are uninformed Tinubu initiated a new power plant in Lagos. That is to show the vision of the man. Obasanjo and PDP did everything to frustrate it
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by davidif: 6:25am On Oct 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
You are uninformed Tinubu initiated a new power plant in Lagos. That is to show the vision of the man. Obasanjo and PDP did everything to frustrate it

Then how come there is still no constant electricity in Lagos? There must be something wrong then?
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by omonnakoda: 6:30am On Oct 18, 2016
davidif:

Then how come there is still no constant electricity in Lagos?
That is a different issue but Like I said the PDP government used the constitution to frustrate it and so Lagos is tied to the National Grid.
I a not saying it would have solved the power problem in Lagos but it was a step in the right direction.

I believe the scheme was called AES or something like that
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by ibkgab001: 6:35am On Oct 18, 2016
Meant for few Nigerians
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Ovamboland(m): 7:02am On Oct 18, 2016
omonnakoda:
That is a different issue but Like I said the PDP government used the constitution to frustrate it and so Lagos is tied to the National Grid.
I a not saying it would have solved the power problem in Lagos but it was a step in the right direction.

I believe the scheme was called AES or something like that

You said it all, the Federal Government frustrated the power initiative, it was called Enron then later acquired by AES. Lagos had to forfeit 250 million naira monthly from it's allocation as subsidy in a desperate move to save the project. But the FG still insisted the power generated must be in the national grid and not exclusively for Lagos. Despite the monthly deduction from Lagos funds, what better way to frustrate a project. As a result there was no incentive to move the project to phase 2 of 570 MW as planned, and 16 years after we are still here.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Ovamboland(m): 7:08am On Oct 18, 2016
This is the power of a clear vision on display, i remember the FG tussled with Lagos state government over ownership of the beach front and who is to take responsibility for sand filling whenever the ocean washes away the beach and Ahmadu Bello way.

The FG was in favour of awarding yearly contracts to sand fill the beach in order to save the government liaison offices lining that road, while the Tinubu led LASG favored a more permanent solution which entails reclamation of the lost beach and building a wall and break water. The vision was later expanded to create a whole new modern city. That vision and tenacity in follow through is what we have today. One can only imagine if other parties took over LASG, they probably would have stopped backing for this project and lay the vision to waste.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Nobody: 7:19am On Oct 18, 2016
WHEN WUD WE START SEEING THIS TYPE OF BUILDINGS IN THE S/EAST? IGBOS NEED TO STEP UP
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by achieverme(m): 7:25am On Oct 18, 2016
seyilabi:
This is massive. Victoria island and indeed Lagos is growing.

My only fear for Lagos is the flood.

2 Likes

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by mapet: 7:27am On Oct 18, 2016
EdibleCatering:

fellis: :
Wunt the hotel still employ pple?? Assuming its a hotel

....even the "Engineers" that are part of the building project, are they not employed?
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Earth2Metahuman: 8:40am On Oct 18, 2016
EdibleCatering:

Oh i see its yours. Just walk in and pick a plot and start building.. If u wunt end up in kirikiri.

Be there in ur local oshogbo village and be claiming a fellow man's investment in another state .. Oluku
go and build eko Atlantic in one of your backward enclave filled with mud and filth in Igbo land

Then I will take you seriously ..

1 Like

Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 18, 2016
mummyson26:
This high building on top ocean
May God save us
Hater's will always hate. US and china, have bigger building's on water.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Odani: 9:02am On Oct 18, 2016
Yorubas are doing great.

Ogun,Oyo and Ondo should pick up themselves and place themselves on the same pedestal as Lagos

God bless Yorubas and nairaland as I deactivate

Meanwhile my naija delta brothers will be destroying d lean property they have.
You think u r doing me tongue
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by Okaka27(m): 10:09am On Oct 18, 2016
braine:

Why are you tribalising the story now? Is it only Yoruba people who have put efforts into it, abi no be Indian man I dey see so?
Ipob yoot
If you de blithely masturbate on an igbo acachievement anybody de disturb you?
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by MONITZ: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2016
abike12:
What about structural integrity? You can't pay me to stay in a high rise in Nigeria with all that's been going on

Nope, I don't think anything like that will happen, most of these high rise buildings are constructed using the best materials, so many of such built circa early 60's and 70's re still standing with no defects,apart from natural disasters like earthquakes,i dont think there is any other reason to doubt their safety.

Moreover if anything of such happens,it would be a serious dent on the construction firm's reputation and no firm wants a thing like that.
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by OROSUNBOLB(m): 10:30am On Oct 18, 2016
Nigeria can't stop us,even the World can't stop us-we are the Yorubas!
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by datmayor1(m): 11:13am On Oct 18, 2016
Dats wat money can do
Re: New Photos Of Eko-pearl In Eko-atlantic. by braine(m): 11:34am On Oct 18, 2016
Okaka27:
Ipob yoot
If you de blithely masturbate on an igbo acachievement anybody de disturb you?

Im Yoruba. And you are acting kinda foolish for that tribal statement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Ilorin The Most Peaceful City In Nigeria? / Don’t Open Your Car Trunk From Inside For Police Or Anyone / IMSU Student Crushed To Death By Trailer On His Way To Exam This Morning (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.