Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician (87549 Views)

Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic / How Corpse Is Transported To Mortuary In Congo (Photo) / Flood ‘chases’ Corpses Out Of Mortuary In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Eazie351(m): 8:17pm On Oct 18, 2016
that dead bodies, especially those of occultists and members of secret societies “do give us trouble while being embalmed because their bodies have been ‘fortified’ by the devil or some spiritual forces.” Power pass power “In such cases, we have to pet and persuade them by talking to them to allow the chemicals to penetrate their bodies,

This part....(in falz voice) i‘m not understanding
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by LordOfNaira: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nonsense!! Why will a corpse throw off other corpses or not want to lie down near other corpses? If they are so powerful, why did they even die in the first place? What is so special about a corpse that it will not want another corpse to lie down beside it?

A corpse driving a van Why do we even tolerate stories like these.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by LOUIS6(m): 8:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
elitejosef:

Since you feel it's a tale, go without knocking. Maybe you will tell us the outcome

In bubu's voice .... Walai za out come wunt b nice , walai talai
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by shumuel(m): 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Johnsown1(m): 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hmmmm, power pass power
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
anochuko01:

This is one of the problems I have with people....the fact that you haven't experienced something doesn't make that thing non-existant. A woman died opposite my house, just as people were mourning her death, somebody ( who wasn't aware of the death) later came that same day saying that she met the ''dead' woman on the road, and she even asked her to greet her kids if she sees them.

Smh. So you'd rather believe the woman, even though you didn't see it yourself.

Africa is sha doomed for centuries with all our superstitions

1 Like

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by matrixme(m): 8:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
There is this Hollywood film for the unbelieving ones among you, After life. It is about a morgueman that do dress corpses for their funerals while the corpses themselves are in their conscious state. These stories may have some iota of truth.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/After.Life
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Ken4agent(m): 8:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
uwagimboo:
If nah so, make them no put any of our politician for mortuary ooooo...
They will steal from other corpse...

Fayose corpse would be a defiant one, he would stop any occultic corpse from affecting arrest or changing their position..
Tinubu corpse would bargain with other corpse to overthrow the mortuary owner..
Buhari corpse would take the female corpse to OTHER room...
lol...and OBJ corpse will want to be the leader n ruler of d mortuary
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by uwagimboo: 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ken4agent:

lol...and OBJ corpse will want to be the leader n ruler of d mortuary

Nope, i think OBJ would always tear the morgue register...
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by mtngloetiartel: 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
Greataausim:
East with strange news are like bread and butter....
Pls who get that zuma pic for here, help me upload am, my netwrk is really bad here in my village....

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Ken4agent(m): 9:13pm On Oct 18, 2016
uwagimboo:

Nope, i think OBJ would always tear the morgue register...
lol.....Una bad oh
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by oyejideogunjumo: 9:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
jayriginal:
Black Africa!!!

How can we progress when such tall tales are passed off as fact?

The other day it was Abati and his presidential ghosts.

I'm tired!
Doubting Thomas better believe it This world is more spiritual than any one may think

1 Like

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Henon: 9:33pm On Oct 18, 2016
Is the salary attractive?
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Believe that man,believe anything.
A corpse could move away from other corpse,but couldn't go back to his/her house.

Give me another.

3 Likes

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by ghost3040: 9:39pm On Oct 18, 2016
Pls OP can't find d email for submitting CV??
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nigerians are the funniest set of people.

When it comes to jungle justice, road accidents, "beating of a witch", etc..we are quick to take pictures, even have pictures to support it/them...

...but when it comes to providing pictures/videos of these superstitious nonsense, then they go mute. cos their stupid superstitions end there.

How hard is it to get us a pic/vid of these stuffs happening. Sell your stuff to the world and make them believe you grin

Rubbish.

This is why thousands of land mass that should be used for industries that would provide millions of jobs, are converted to church grounds all over Lagos/Ogun state, causing traffic everywhere, all cos the population is looking for answers to their belief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Mavelshee(m): 10:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
tosyne2much:
I would believe this poo assuming I was still in primary school and will fight anyone with a contrary opinion.

You have successfully wasted 4 years in the University if you actually believe this tale

Have you ever been to a mortuary or met a mortician?...if NO, then keep your opinion to yourself or learn

1 Like

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by MONITZ: 10:11pm On Oct 18, 2016
streetzdreamz:
some peoples entire life has been wrapped around science, a study they didn't make or no a thing about, once a white man postulates a theory and puts it in writing it becomes their yardstick,as though the white man ain't a being like em, science has no answers for most things on earth, just predictions and plausible facts, explaining the obvious to some people is like talking to a wall...have heard similar tales from different people, its just a tale of the deads don't stay dead.

I never knew there re still some people out there that still see some of these things the way I do while most believe that if it can't be proven then it doesn't exist, I was really surprised to hear a lot of them say witchcraft doesn't exist, hmmm and that was the bone of contention.

I told them that from the little i know ,I believe it exists, I even went ahead to give some examples and it still the same thing, my examples didn't cut any ice .

I just had to give up because there was no need arguing anymore since they wouldn't believe me.

And the funny thing is that some of these things even predate our forbears ,so y doubt something that has been in existence from tune immemorial?

From the foregoing just take a look at the series movie"24",in it u saw how a black man became the president of the U. S and a woman as well ,and not just that alone, president Palmer dresses the way Obama dresses too. And from the way things re going, Hillary would most likely get on the seat too ,so would u say it is just a coincidence or probably it's the handiwork of some clairvoyants?

So the crux of these whole things is that there re things that exist beyond our plane of existence that our normal senses can't detect.

Having heard from the horse's mouth which is the mortician, some re still doubting the authenticity of such occurrence. The funny thing is that, the civilised countries which they re always wont to mention know that some of these things do exist, if not the U. S won't ve a gigantic telescope used in viewing extraterrestrial beings.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Verami(f): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mmmmmmm
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by milky3(f): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2016
uwagimboo:

Fayose corpse would be a defiant one, he would stop any occultic corpse from affecting arrest or changing their position..
u don kolo... <na joke o>
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by coolviv: 10:51pm On Oct 18, 2016
Yieldings:
Not funny.

Tell am ooo...
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by coolviv: 10:53pm On Oct 18, 2016
Young03:
went to the mortuary the other time, I saw a fine girl with a Brazilian hair laying dead,

fresh bobby n nice ass

what came to my mind was...oh so na termite go enjoy all this stuff...bad

maybe she even dey hide am from guys when she was alive

Just imagine for a minute someone makes this very same comment about your dead sister..
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Nobody: 11:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
uwagimboo:

and what about FFK's corpse?
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by uwagimboo: 11:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
Uzoraustin:

and what about FFK's corpse?

Avoid putting Igbo gal corpse in the morgue else attendants would ve to contend with pregnancies..
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Tedassie(m): 1:48am On Oct 19, 2016
Richy4:
I just hope people were not buying this....
They were selling it
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by davidif: 4:19am On Oct 19, 2016
kokertalented:
wtf ...how will you hire mourners for ur death

Hiring mourners is a tradition in a lot of cultures in certain parts of the world. While i don't think its still as popular as before some people still practice it today.
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 19, 2016
Some corpse Dont allow people lie beside them........Some people still carry PRIDE to the grave sha!grin
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by sekem: 6:46am On Oct 19, 2016
Verami:
Mmmmmmm

Excuse me madam, but you participate in MMM right? cool
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Harmoneasy: 6:56am On Oct 19, 2016
tolugar:
Pls how can one apply for this job.

oga what are u yarning
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by fm4real2k6(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2016
MONITZ:

Yeah bt it wasn't funny then because I felt it was just too popular for someone to be oblivious of,one of the guys even went ahead to say that he was yet to encounter any human who does it out of the almost 7 billion people that inhabit the earth

.I just locked up after then because I felt there would be no need flogging a dead horse, and if someone can claim not to know soul travel which I believe is one of the basics in things of the other side then it means that person won't know anything abt the topic.

Please tell us about "Soul travelling" or OBE,.
Let me give you this true life story, someone died and was put in the morgue for two days, but came back to life. (Yes prayers was offered, and anointed handkerchief was placed on him and all that stuff)
When he came back to life, what he said was that he saw himself running, that he was just running.

Now my question is can we classified this as soul travelling or just plain miracle?
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by streetzdreamz(m): 7:22am On Oct 19, 2016
MONITZ:

I never knew there re still some people out there that still see some of these things the way I do while most believe that if it can't be proven then it doesn't exist, I was really surprised to hear a lot of them say witchcraft doesn't exist, hmmm and that was the bone of contention.

I told them that from the little i know ,I believe it exists, I even went ahead to give some examples and it still the same thing, my examples didn't cut any ice .

I just had to give up because there was no need arguing anymore since they wouldn't believe me.

And the funny thing is that some of these things even predate our forbears ,so y doubt something that has been in existence from tune immemorial?

From the foregoing just take a look at the series movie"24",in it u saw how a black man became the president of the U. S and a woman as well ,and not just that alone, president Palmer dresses the way Obama dresses too. And from the way things re going, Hillary would most likely get on the seat too ,so would u say it is just a coincidence or probably it's the handiwork of some clairvoyants?

So the crux of these whole things is that there re things that exist beyond our plane of existence that our normal senses can't detect.

Having heard from the horse's mouth which is the mortician, some re still doubting the authenticity of such occurrence. The funny thing is that, the civilised countries which they re always wont to mention know that some of these things do exist, if not the U. S won't ve a gigantic telescope used in viewing extraterrestrial beings.
bro, not all monickers here has a sane mind with functional brain cells, once you make your opinion and they cry foul, take a walk, NLS ain't worth the trouble of starting an argument , we learn daily from people,events around us and the likes,but some peeps are like closed systems, they interact with the environment but nothing comes in, let a western mortician give his own interview bout his experiences so far and you'll see my country men accept it hook line and sinker.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / #NoBraDay: Nigerians Mark No Bra Day 2023 / Please Beware Of That Bottle Of "Alomo Bitters" You Are About Drinking !!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.