Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:15 AM

Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician (87507 Views)

Fire At Enugwu-Ukwu General Hospital Mortuary. 50 Corpses Burnt To Ashes(Graphic / How Corpse Is Transported To Mortuary In Congo (Photo) / Flood ‘chases’ Corpses Out Of Mortuary In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by tosyne2much(m): 8:37am On Oct 19, 2016
Mavelshee:

Have you ever been to a mortuary or met a mortician?...if NO, then keep your opinion to yourself or learn
Common sense abound in everything... A person with common sense do not need to question any mortician

1 Like

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Mavelshee(m): 9:18am On Oct 19, 2016
tosyne2much:
Common sense abound in everything... A person with common sense do not need to question any mortician

tosyne2much:

Just read your comment again please

You are entitled to your beliefs and I respect that...just don't be too quick to dispute stuffs because they do not seem plausible to you or because uve not encountered such experience...the fact that a lot of people here have confirmed dis story depicts that there is a >or=1% chance of it been true

Like I said before, sometimes its owk to just watch n learn....
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by godson4u79(m): 9:37am On Oct 19, 2016
kings09:
Imagine dis :

Fresh graduates needed for the role of Mortuary Attendants.

Bsc/HND in any discipline

Remuneration package n allowances very attractive way more than oil company pay.

Apply within 72hrs of this advert publication by visiting www.emekamortuary.ng n fill the application form therein.

With the rate of unemployment n economic recession, do u think ppl will apply?
Na unemployment and recession sef dey worry u wey make u think this mumu idea
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by remi4ever(m): 9:58am On Oct 19, 2016
GADDDD!!!! DAMN...

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by kings09(m): 10:01am On Oct 19, 2016
Guy go find ur lost sense of humour. Seems ur problems r rili weighing u down.
godson4u79:
Na unemployment and recession sef dey worry u wey make u think this mumu idea
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by tosyne2much(m): 10:07am On Oct 19, 2016
Mavelshee:

Just read your comment again please

You are entitled to your beliefs and I respect that...just don't be too quick to dispute stuffs because they do not seem plausible to you or because uve not encountered such experience...the fact that a lot of people here have confirmed dis story depicts that there is a >or=1% chance of it been true

Like I said before, sometimes its owk to just watch n learn....
Believe what you want sir but as for me, I won't believe this poo... One of the reasons why we refuse to develop is because we believe things that are too ridiculous to be true.. Our over spirituality has been affecting our right sense of reasoning
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by mecussey(m): 10:22am On Oct 19, 2016
Lilimax:
Reminds of that popular man that specializes in arranging burial things Mr Tunji Okusanja that died alongside one Ekiti politician Mr Olusegun Agagu's corpse in a plane crash sometime ago in MM2 in 2013.

That was terrible...many things dey happen for niger sha
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 19, 2016
tosyne2much:
Believe what you want sir but as for me, I won't believe this poo... One of the reasons why we refuse to develop is because we believe things that are too ridiculous to be true.. Our over spirituality has been affecting our right sense of reasoning

Man don't mind them,corpse can move,but everyday you see dead body lying on rdside with no identification and see people begging police to come and remove them.

Believe this or not but my house is few meters away from a cemetery and I go for a run sometimes at midnight,early morning and sometimes walk home from club and I never see anything spooky.i remembered when I was a little boy in naija they made me to be so afraid of cemeteries,until I visited a friend in Lesotho,at night we do walk through cemetery to get to their house,when I told them my phobia they all dropped on the floor laughing,from thence I lost fear for dead people,I fear the living than the dead.

1 Like

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Mavelshee(m): 10:39am On Oct 19, 2016
-
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Mavelshee(m): 10:40am On Oct 19, 2016
tosyne2much:
.. One of the reasons why we refuse to develop is because we believe things that are too ridiculous to be true..

How??....pls elaborate
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Olanrefront3355(m): 11:30am On Oct 19, 2016
bjhaid:
mourners were hired when a political godfather died in oyo state some years back

That's not ADEDIBU, NO?
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by tosyne2much(m): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2016
euromilion:

Man don't mind them,corpse can move,but everyday you see dead body lying on rdside with no identification and see people begging police to come and remove them.

Believe this or not but my house is few meters away from a cemetery and I go for a run sometimes at midnight,early morning and sometimes walk home from club and I never see anything spooky.i remembered when I was a little boy in naija they made me to be so afraid of cemeteries,until I visited a friend in Lesotho,at night we do walk through cemetery to get to their house,when I told them my phobia they all dropped on the floor laughing,from thence I lost fear for dead people,I fear the living than the dead.
God bless you for this insightful comment sir.. I was also brought up with various superstitious beliefs about the dead not until I overgrew believing those superstition beliefs. That what why I said, if you believe thwack poo as an educated person, then you have successfully wasted 4 years if your time in tertiary institution

Cc
Mavelshee

2 Likes

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Olanrefront3355(m): 11:35am On Oct 19, 2016
jasysandra:
my dear,just cause you haven't seen doesn't mean some weird things don't happen. Things we can't explain cause they don't make sense in the physical. Dead people can do stuffs that will blow your mind. Believe it or not. I know for sure.

Dude, batter with them no more, there are couple of News about incidents like this on web. https://www.nairaland.com/3394882/woman-discovers-shes-being-married

1 Like

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by tosyne2much(m): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2016
Olanrefront3355:

Dude, batter with them no more, there are couple of News about incidents like this on web. https://www.nairaland.com/3394882/woman-discovers-shes-being-married
In Nigeria, every elderly person has become a philosopher in matters that have to do with the dead. How come we dont hear such a ridiculous news on CNN or BBC. Why are these beliefs only peculiar to Nigerians?
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 19, 2016
Olanrefront3355:

That's not ADEDIBU, NO?
ah didn't mention name o
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by chiraqDemon(m): 2:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
Dead body drive car again??
Please which movie??
Africa and imagination.....imagine good tin they will not but they will quickly imagine corpse that has powers
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Mavelshee(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2016
tosyne2much:
God bless you for this insightful comment sir.. I was also brought up with various superstitious beliefs about the dead not until I overgrew believing those superstition beliefs. That what why I said, if you believe thwack poo as an educated person, then you have successfully wasted 4 years if your time in tertiary institution

Well, wish you luck

Bye
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Mavelshee(m): 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2016
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 19, 2016
tosyne2much:
In Nigeria, every elderly person has become a philosopher in matters that have to do with the dead that he or she makes hasty generalization of it happenjng in it her oats of the world. There are mortuaries in other countries but how come we dont hear such a ridiculous news on CNN or BBC. Why are these beliefs only peculiar to Nigerians?

And despite how quick Nigerians are to whip out phones and start recording/taking pics, none of such pics/recordings have surfaced online. Only dem day dem say.

Smdh
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by delishpot: 9:42pm On Oct 19, 2016
davidif:

Hiring mourners is a tradition in a lot of cultures in certain parts of the world. While i don't think its still as popular as before some people still practice it today.

Gbam! It was a widely practiced tradition. Even outside Africa. Even the Bible has examples of such eg Amos 5:16-17
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by tosyne2much(m): 10:26pm On Oct 19, 2016
masonkz:

And despite how quick Nigerians are to whip out phones and start recording/taking pics, none of such pics/recordings have surfaced online. Only dem day dem say.

Smdh
Over spirituality has kept us backward in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Olanrefront3355(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
In Nigeria, every elderly person has become a philosopher in matters that have to do with the dead. How come we dont hear such a ridiculous news on CNN or BBC. Why are these beliefs only peculiar to Nigerians?

Uh? do you follow international news lines? read "dailymail" and "Newsnow" you don't say things don't happen because it never happened to you..
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by tosyne2much(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
Olanrefront3355:

Uh? do you follow international news lines? read "dailymail" and "Newsnow" you don't say things don't happen because it never happened to you..
I have been expecting someone like you to quote me. Believe all you want sir, but as for me, I refuse to believe
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Baroba(m): 1:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
Arrant nonsense, no be only knock, una dey get visa before visiting... undecided
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Kobicove(m): 5:10am On Oct 21, 2016
MadCow1:
Me sef dey knock before I enter my House for Bini that year..

grin
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by ferdvict2(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2016
GOFRONT:
Trust Nigerian Rich Men....They can do the undo just to get the dough!!.....and wen they get d Rabba, they can do the undo to get Noticed with it..

To think of how much he must hav paid to Recruit those Mourners baffles me.... Little wonder u see dem throwin parties even @ burial gatherin, Poppin Exotic wines, Slaughter 2 cattles upwards, then one begins to wonder if this is a Birthday party or child Naming ceremony!!!

Jst som dayz ago it waz rumoured that a politican used #500Million just to Entertain prostitues....Not surprised!!

Too bad
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by Zenlife: 12:22am On Jan 21, 2017
tolugar:
Pls how can one apply for this job.

Create your own.
Re: Why We Knock Before Opening Mortuary Door – River Mortician by jbblues24(m): 12:26am On Jun 02, 2019
If I could I would. Whether or not I should, I still would. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

91 New Coronavirus Cases Recorded. Total 873. 197 Discharged. 28 Deaths / #NoBraDay: Nigerians Mark No Bra Day 2023 / Please Beware Of That Bottle Of "Alomo Bitters" You Are About Drinking !!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.