Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently (33662 Views)

Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit / 23-year-old Law Student Gets A Mercedes Benz From Her Mother As Birthday Gift / Zimbabwean Man Takes Used Condoms To Court As Prove Of Sister Inlaw’s Infidelity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
I don't see anything wrong with that. Your husband's mother should be your mother too. If you're too good to her and treat her as your mother, she won't bite smiley

4 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Come and stay where na? But if oga insists by fire by force, na with relish I go take write the financial and privacy implications
Mama sef go become my temporary best friend. Oga no go fit cope
I go write:
Soup money just increase by 2k...mama like meat, Sebi u sef know. I must feed mama well well because na she born you and you are my greatest gift
That konko below wey you too like to dey do early Sunday morning for parlor, we no go fit do am again o, mama fit dey sitting room but we go write time table to when mama go see one of her church friends.
Mama no dey chop salt. So bear with me if I cook Jollof wey salt and Maggi no dey
As I dey write sef,d thing dey sweet me write.
Shior...stay ko, gum ni

6 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
cool
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sweetcypress:
don't see bpnything wrong with that. Your husband's mother should be your mother too. If you're too good to her and treat her as your mother, she won't bite smiley
oh my dear, you are so sweet and innocent.

5 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by kingphilip(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Mayflowa:

To be harshly frank with you. My mother is an angel to many people but there are some people my mum don't just like. No matter how will talk her out of it. The look on her face when such people come near or do anything, u go believe. lol. So my wife would be dead duck if she would be one of such few persons. Anyway such coincidence won't even happen!

For sure, some people are really skilled in studying people and getting warm to them. You are lucky to be. That can't be spoken of the generality of people especially wives who think their position is threaten and facing imminent usurp. Like you, I too can live with anyone peacefully. But I understand the difference in people and can't hold them accountable to it.
we have a lot in common I guess including understanding people

But why should a wife's position be threatened when the mother-in-law isn't just a baby mama of the husband

But ladies will always be ladies

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Maximus85(m): 8:36pm On Oct 18, 2016
Loisemm:
How many of you would not mind your mother Inlaw who just retired and is not sick or needing medical attention come and live with you and hubby permanently?!
My friend's mother Inlaw is planning to do this. My friend is not comfortable with it at all but has resigned her mind to it.

The mother Inlaw often visits them and spends weeks and months with them even though she does not get along with the wife. The wife told me the mama never wanted her first son to marry and would have preferred he continues to bear children outside wedlock. He had a child before marriage. They have children of theirs now.

Sincerely, I can't undastand the rationale behind a mother moving into her son's house without invitation or permission. Is it fair?

Note -she has a married daughter o. Is it not better for her to live with her daughter if her and her daughter in-law dont get along? This lady now has strong cause to believe the mama is out to break her home. Would she now be receptive to her coming to live with them permanently?

That is why a man will leave his father and his mother and stick to his wife and they shall become one. Therefore, it's against God's arrangement for mother or father in laws moving in with their married children. It can never work. No matter how well it starts. Wahala must dey.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by kingphilip(m): 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sweetcypress:
I don't see anything wrong with that. Your husband's mother should be your mother too. If you're too good to her and treat her as your mother, she won't bite smiley
are you married??

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by tosyne2much(m): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
Despite the fact that I love my mum, I can never allow her live permanently with me.

2 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by awa(m): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
OP,

So deep down in your heart you are asking us to advise you and your friends
You know my advise? You are a woman when you grow old like mama may your Son seek the wife's approval before you come to his house or stay with them.

Sometimes ladies are so funny. If na their mother she becomes Mummy while their mother in-law is Mama.

I pity men that relegate their wives for the sake of mother and relegate their mother for the sake of wife.
Your Mama is your Mama and your wife is your wife.

Oohh my lovely Mum I so much miss you. Continue to rest in peace till we meet again. I love you Nnem.

3 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
kingphilip:
are you married??
I'm not, but does singlehood affect people's reasoning? It's just my point of view

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Coldfeet(f): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ujoan:

What if he daughter's husband doesn't want her in their house.Its his house after all and we all know how Nigerian men think. The woman is afterall his wife's mother not his.

On the other hand, the woman wants to move into her SON's house, the son she bore and nurtured and made a man out of her loins. Abi your friend doesn't think she deserves to reap the fruit of her labour in her own son's house undecided

A lot of men get married and still live with their wives in their parents home, with their parents still alive. So why can't mama move into her son's house

As far as she's not causing any troubles for the couple, I don't see this as a big problem.

Your friend needs to be a little more receptive towards other people.
I concur. Seriously wonder how some ladies feel that their mils have to seek their permission or approval to come stay with HER SON.
Those who see their mils as trouble should be prepared to be seen as evil by their dils one day.

Umu nwanyi smh.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Btruth: 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ujoan:

What if he daughter's husband doesn't want her in their house.Its his house after all and we all know how Nigerian men think. The woman is afterall his wife's mother not his.

On the other hand, the woman wants to move into her SON's house, the son she bore and nurtured and made a man out of her loins. Abi your friend doesn't think she deserves to reap the fruit of her labour in her own son's house undecided

A lot of men get married and still live with their wives in their parents home, with their parents still alive. So why can't mama move into her son's house

As far as she's not causing any troubles for the couple, I don't see this as a big problem.

Your friend needs to be a little more receptive towards other people.
You spoke my mind already. Sometimes, I wonder why mother-in-laws are always daughter-in-law worst nightmare? Especially in a this our Yoruba land? How will a woman tell me or be having a nightmare because of my mother coming to stay with me in my own house?

Iya nii wura jare.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Ninilowo(m): 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2016
She shouldn't allow it at all. Let her ask the hubby to choose between her and his mother. Simple! Radarada.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Coldfeet(f): 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
AfroKnight:
Just look at these ladies. They have forgotten that they will become mothers in law one day. Just look at the nonsense they are saying. Na somebody marry these ones o.

You cannot stop his mother from moving in unless you are evil. She is his mother and they are related by blood and genes. You on the other hand were married.

You can divorce a wife but not a mother. Better respect the bond between a man and his family before marrying him.

The good woman raised him to be a good catch for you but now you want to relegate her.

The man will decide not you. Nonsense.

As expected, a couple of wicked jezebels have quoted me. You have no choice. The mother raised the man and you will not have authority over her unless you want your daughters in law to dictate when you visit your own sons. Make una go siddon. Nonsense.
Don't mind jare! Karma is waiting for them patiently, their own daughter or son in law will ask the gateman to give them a bed space in the mai guards house.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by samuelUMOH(m): 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
sisisioge:

She's troublesome, so implied the OP.
am sure the OP has hatred for the woman already .What if the woman was her mother .
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by checkout50: 9:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
The mother inlaw is definitely coming because she is not comfortable with one thing or the other, it could have to do with the wife most likely, but she should thread carefully now and stay off her path. God will take control.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
bilulu:

1. Don't forget one day u will become a mother in law too n u would want to move into ur son's house...... Expect same treatment
2. If she didn't took care of him he wouldn't be become d responsible gentleman u met n admired.
3. If she didn't pay ur bride price mind u, u won't call dat house ur home.......
I logged on Jux to respond to ur comment

1) I would never move into my son's house. God keeping my husband and I alive, that would be the time to relish on our youth. Holidaying and all that shii wink

2)If my parents didn't take care of me, he won't see me and admire me either.

3) I didn't force him to pay bride price, if he didn't pay_ another man will pay. What else?
Price brice of N5? Na im cause all this one? Toor!

5 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by niyi123: 9:12pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sweetcypress:

May God bless you, for this wonderful comment.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by misspatsy(f): 9:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
There isn't any wrong the mother-in-law living with them permanently as far as she isn't troublesome but from d situation on ground, d MIL is an example of a bad mother who wants her son to continue having children out of wedlock and not in support of the marriage.
This alone already spells doom for them.

4 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by bilulu(m): 9:24pm On Oct 18, 2016
PaperLace:

1) I would never move into my son's house. God keeping my husband and I alive, that would be the time to relish on our youth. Holidaying and all that shii wink

2)If my parents didn't take care of me, he won't see me and admire me either.

3) I didn't force him to pay bride price, if he didn't pay_ another man will pay. What else?
Price brice of N5? Na im cause all this one? Toor!
God keeping u n ur husband alive... Gud prayers but one Wil die leaving d oda den u will disturb ur children...... Dis is Africa n don't forget no old people home n mind u life is turn by turn so urs will surely come. Again it's only a bad wife with bad intention n who is self centered dat won't want her mother in law around. And last na girls like una dey sabi kolobi their children under their pants..... Waiting for ur quote cuz na me n u today. U must change
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by misspatsy(f): 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2016
AfroKnight:
Just look at these ladies. They have forgotten that they will become mothers in law one day. Just look at the nonsense they are saying. Na somebody marry these ones o.

You cannot stop his mother from moving in unless you are evil. She is his mother and they are related by blood and genes. You on the other hand were married.

You can divorce a wife but not a mother. Better respect the bond between a man and his family before marrying him.

The good woman raised him to be a good catch for you but now you want to relegate her.

The man will decide not you. Nonsense.

As expected, a couple of wicked jezebels have quoted me. You have no choice. The mother raised the man and you will not have authority over her unless you want your daughters in law to dictate when you visit your own sons. Make una go siddon. Nonsense.
Let's call a spade what it is.The MIL supports having children outside wedlock,tell me,what impart would she have on their marriage?She's out for destruction

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Mskrisx(f): 9:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
shala01:

the woman never talk wetin she dey fine. The son can still take good care of his mum from the mum's House. I will not allow it. If as a man my mum is staying with me, I expect her to get along with her daughter in law. If there trouble between them, they settle it themselves otherwise I will kick both of them out of my House

My guy, u the real MVP! Like u already
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2016
bilulu:

God keeping u n ur husband alive... Gud prayers but one Wil die leaving d oda den u will disturb ur children...... Dis is Africa n don't forget no old people home n mind u life is turn by turn so urs will surely come. Again it's only a bad wife with bad intention n who is self centered dat won't want her mother in law around. And last na girls like una dey sabi kolobi their children under their pants..... Waiting for ur quote cuz na me n u today. U must change

Oga...I said I won't leave my house to live with anyone ooo.
Is it by force? grin

I will never disturb my children, they should enjoy their marriage independent of me.
Stop shifting goal post! The issue isn't allowing MIL come around, but staying permanently. I can't even live permanently with my own mother in my matrimonial home, if I wanted to be stuck on her, I won't get married.
If my husband wants to be stuck with his mom, then he should have married her.

5 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by biggz82: 9:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
If is her mother d man will not complain so y will u complain wen is his mother
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Benbobola(m): 9:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
mnairaland:

Which other way is there if you.can't afford to house her.[center][/center]

Most women who are good wives are bad daughter-in-laws. So, without having to spell it out, all bad wives are usually bad DIL.

Any woman who cannot accomodate her MIL,even if she is a witch, is a bad DIL.

To be honest, a lot of MIL are unreasonable, but the root of DIL/MIL problem is the fact that many DIL have their minds already prigrammed wrongly about MIL.

The truth is this, even if a woman's MIL is a witch the womsn can still disarm her and end up making her her best friend and ally.

The real primary reason why MIL's have issues with their DIL's is because they have fears and the primary reason DIL's have issues with their MIL is because they
have fears.

There are certain basic things that can be done to to disarm a bad MIL.

1.Identify her fears.
2. Allay her fears.
3.Recipricate love for hatred, kindness for unkindness.
4. Take her as your mother.
5.Treat her as you wouod treat your mother(that is if you treat your mother well otherwise, treat her right right.
6.Confront you fears.
7.Get rid of you fears.
8.Re-program your mind to be pisitively dispossed towards her.
9.Pray
10.Watch her change.

cc: Loisemm, sisisioge
I get your point bro. But you still don't know women. You are talking because you are viewing it from a man's position. You have never heard about MIL who decide to be cooking for their sons even when the wife tries her best to satisfy? MILs that say their son stayed in their womb for 9 months, they raised him to be the man that he is today therefore, they are the ones best suited to cook his best meals. U can never predict women, brother. Be it the DIL or MIL, any of them could provoke each other no matter how nice they "pretend" to be to each other, then the beef starts. The beat thing is to nip it in the bud and prevent it. Na woman we dey talk about o!

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by lollytk(f): 10:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
U won't know a woman's real characters until her son gets married, I used to think my mum was d best until my brother married and she went for omugwo,she complaints that d dil knows she eats breakfast by 6 am n she sleeps till 8-9( d dil just put to bed ooo n she breastfeeds d baby all through d night) my mum became another baby of d house, always looking for attention from d son, takes sides wt my bro whenever she sighted little argument btw d couple, after some time my bro asked her to go back, and my dad said he already bets with my uncle that my mum won't stay long because she used to have issues wt her own mil when we were younger, she painted our grandma black n later started acting d same way she said her mil acted,that law of karma will catch up wt her, na so dem take send mama back after 2 weeks of battle, I felt for d dil because she was always calling n crying, but she got her peace when mil left .most women are like that, they are each other's enemy,my father told my bro that keeping his wife n mother under same room is like marrying 2 new wives .

5 Likes

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by afribabe: 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
If she is like my grandma(my daddy's mum),NO WAY.
If she is like my MIL, YES if i have no other option..
My grandma case strong so tey all her other children no want her near their house especially the females. They conspired to abandon her with my daddy. My daddy knows that my mummy is trying sha.
One minute she is eating/watching tv, next minute we hear our daddy is back, you go to open d door only for you to meet her crying seriously for nothing just to look for trouble. My dad got tired and stopped asking her reason for crying.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by lollytk(f): 10:19pm On Oct 18, 2016
U won't know a woman's real characters until her son gets married, I used to think my mum was d best until my brother married and she went for omugwo,she complaints that d dil knows she eats breakfast by 6 am n she sleeps till 8-9( d dil just put to bed ooo n she breastfeeds d baby all through d night) my mum became another baby of d house, always looking for attention from d son, takes sides wt my bro whenever she sighted little argument btw d couple, after some time my bro asked her to go back, and my dad said he already bets with my uncle that my mum won't stay long because she used to have issues wt her own mil when we were younger, she painted our grandma black n later started acting d same way she said her mil acted,that law of karma will catch up wt her, na so dem take send mama back after 2 weeks of battle, I felt for d dil because she was always calling n crying, but she got her peace when mil left .most women are like that, they are each other's enemy,my father told my bro that keeping his wife n mother under same room is like marrying 2 new wives .women should learn to be patients with each other because u will surely reap what u sow to ur mil or dil.

1 Like

Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by 2mNaira: 10:20pm On Oct 18, 2016
Benbobola:

I get your point bro. But you still don't know women. You are talking because you are viewing it from a man's position. You have never heard about MIL who decide to be cooking for their sons even when the wife tries her best to satisfy? MILs that say their son stayed in their womb for 9 months, they raised him to be the man that he is today therefore, they are the ones best suited to cook his best meals. U can never predict women, brother. Be it the DIL or MIL, any of them could provoke each other no matter how nice they "pretend" to be to each other, then the beef starts. The beat thing is to nip it in the bud and prevent it. Na woman we dey talk about o!

Its still boil down to saying MIL have fears.
In this particular case you mention, the mother in-laws greatest fear is that she will not be allowed to cook for her son.

The way to disarm her is to make her realise she will ba allowed to do all the cookung for her son that she wants.

Once her fears are allayed they will get on well.
Next the lady should relate with her like a daughter with time she will train the lady to cook for her son the way she likes and abandon the kitchen for her.Finally, she gets her kitchen back and still lives in peace with her MIL.

And yes, I agree with you up there. But I have already stated that most women are bad DIL and many MIL are bad so if you can, then keep them apart.But,then, what happens if you can't ? You let her suffer?

For the records I'll say that MIL should not live with their sons unless it is abslutely unavoidable.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by 2mNaira: 10:25pm On Oct 18, 2016
Benbobola:

Its still boil down to saying MIL have fears.
In this particular case you mention, the mother in-laws greatest fear is that she will not be allowed to cook for her son.

The way to disarm her is to make her realise she will ba allowed to do all the cookung for her son that she wants.

Once her fears are allayed they will get on well.
Next the lady should relate with her like a daughter with time she will train the lady to cook for her son the way she likes and abandon the kitchen for her.Finally, she gets her kitchen back and still lives in peace with her MIL.

And yes, I agree with you up there. But I have already stated that most women are bad DIL and many MIL are bad so if you can, then keep them apart.But,then, what happens if you can't ? You let her suffer?

For the records I'll say that MIL should not live with their sons unless it is abslutely unavoidable.

And let all women viewing this thread stop for a moment and say this prayer:

Let me end up being treated by my DIL they way I treat my MIL in Jesus name
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
PaperLace:

lol.
I guess women broke outta coconuts.
Why can't a family respect the bond between a man and his wife?
Couples need space!
Why is it always the man's family putting up this superiority complex.
Wasn't the wife born by a woman too?
Once a woman gets married, her family hands off_ they'll even tell her to stay there o...sort out issues, don't come back here. 'but husband's family...mba!

Oh yes, I will become a MIL one day, I love my space so much_ I doubt I would ever be able to manage a lil space in someone else's house. Major reason I rarely do 'holidays'.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying she shouldn't allow her MIL stay but I hate hearing that emboldened line.
Hahaha..women hatred against women won't allow u when d time comes.
Re: Her Mother Inlaw Wants To Move In Permanently by kingphilip(m): 10:43pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sweetcypress:

I'm not, but does singlehood affect people's reasoning? It's just my point of view
it doesn't jare

Your intelligence speaks volumes hence my inquisition into your marital status

BTW I'm single too

Do you mind chatting me up

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

White Man Demands N2m To Return A Boy He Took From Nigerian Lady / Woman Loses Custody Of Her Son After Subjecting Him To Severe Abuse In Nigeria / Boy Writes “I Will Never Hit A Woman In My Life Especially My Sister”. See Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.