Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,108 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

. - NYSC (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / . (16068 Views)

Foreign Trained Graduates Let's Talk ( Africa ) / Foreign Trained Graduates Meet Up-here Batch B 2016 / Foreign Trained Graduates Meet Up-here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Dreydoe(m): 9:59am On Nov 16, 2016
Fireson:

Don't worry dear, someday senses would come back to you....
You have started this early morning abi.. undecided

Quick question pls. as per foriegn graduate is it necessary to come to camp with evaluation letter cuz my school stl Say's its not ready 4rm abuja..hope this evaluation letter won't be a problem in camp..
Re: . by Fireson: 11:28am On Nov 16, 2016
Dreydoe:

Quick question pls. as per foriegn graduate is it necessary to come to camp with evaluation letter cuz my school stl Say's its not ready 4rm abuja..hope this evaluation letter won't be a problem in camp..

I don't think......
Re: . by Mandyfrizz1(f): 4:19pm On Nov 16, 2016
Fireson:

Don't worry dear, someday senses would come back to you....
and I pray the same for you too

1 Like

Re: . by Adesuwag(m): 6:44pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dreydoe:

no it won't be.
Re: . by Fatherherokay(m): 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2016
*IMPORTANT*---WHY ALL NYSC MEMBERS MUST HAVE THIS MOBILE APP ON THEIR DEVICE (free download)--- For safety during service, to mitigate language barriers, for easy adaptation in your state of deployment, among others.
I am writing this article because of the challenges (mostly language barrier and discrepancy in culture and cultural beliefs) I had in the first few months of my NYSC service year in a strange state I had no relatives or family.

The efficacy of this mobile app, iceNaija, cannot be over exhausted. In fact, this app will be a buddy and a great companion for you. It will help you solve many challenges you may likely face in your state of deployment (irrespective of it being a rural or urban placement), especially a state you have no relatives or understand their language. It will always be a companion for you before, during and after your service year.

LANGUAGE HELP TAB: This tab teaches you how to learn and converse with people in either YORUBA, IGBO or HAUSA using SENTENCE TEXTS with AUDIO PLAYER TRAINING for each sentences/words. Some of the categories of conversations (based on the event/circumstances you find yourself) are transport conversations (what you can say or reply when you want to enter a cab and communicate with the driver), life threat conversation (how you can understand when people are planning or saying something evil about you), market conversation (what you can say when you want to buy things in the market), romantic conversation (what you can say to a girl or a guy you would like to have a romantic moment with), counting money (how to count money in native language), foodstuff conversations (like rice, beans, Garri, locust beans, etc.), health/ sickness conversation, etc.

INSTITUTION LIVE CHAT: made easy by “signing in” using your Facebook or google account, you can have an instant/live chat with all members (students) across all the institutions in Nigeria. Not only do you have the chance to connect and engage with members of your own institution, you can also connect with the members of other institution by choosing to turn on notification for your own institutions and others of your interest.

INTERNET RADIO: you will have access to a 24-hours active internet radio (ICE RADIO NIGERIA) that informs you with the ongoing and latest events in Nigeria. It informs and engages you with interesting entrepreneurship, startup and other empowerment programmes. Romantic and other youth oriented programmes are not excluded. You will have access to listen to unceasing Nigeria-based music, and also an avenue for upcoming artiste to air their songs to all Nigerians.

CHAT FORUM: this is a broad platform of ICENAIJA APP that gives users the chance to inform, connect, engage, interact or chat with other users (ICE BUDDIES). Also an avenue to learn, to seek information, to share opinion, to report your community, among others. You can have a direct and a one-on-one quick/private chat with our ICE EXPERTS like LOVE DOCTOR, PSYCHOLOGIST, ACADEMICS CONSULTANT, BUSINESS CONSULTANT, LEGAL EXPERT, MEDICAL EXPERTS AND DENTAL EXPERTS. You can, bring your mathematics questions to be solved, you can learn how to solve aptitude test questions, know more about life mysterious facts, among others.

JOB VACANCIES TAB: gives you access to at least 50 most current job vacancy news every day. The advantage of ICENAIJA over others is that it gives you the most recent job vacancies available in Nigeria (as it is being posted by the companies, institutions or employees).

NEWS TAB: ICENAIJA informs you on the latest and genuine news in Nigeria and Abroad. The news on ICENAIJA platform are always the latest.
DECIDE TAB: this is through the use of a simple-to-use poll system. You will have the privilege to vote for or vote against any public opinion pertaining to any current or trending event in your community and Nigeria at large.

(download on google playstore “icenaija”) or you follow the link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.waleibrahim.icenaija

Re: . by Fireson: 8:37am On Nov 17, 2016
#Confirmed
Stream/ river 1 is entering next week...
Stream / river 2 is entering 4th of January.
You all voted for change angry
So feel it........... tongue
Re: . by Sekcibeast1990(m): 3:45am On Nov 21, 2016
Any one posted to ogun here pls.
Re: . by Dreydoe(m): 4:46am On Nov 21, 2016
Osun corper
Re: . by drnedu(m): 5:22am On Nov 21, 2016
Nasarawa here o
Re: . by Fireson: 8:35am On Nov 21, 2016
Lagos grin.. will just take a stroll in the evening to camp....

1 Like

Re: . by shankara7: 11:31pm On Nov 21, 2016
Team #Lagoscorper
Re: . by Fireson: 12:18am On Nov 22, 2016
shankara7:
Team #Lagoscorper

Correct
Re: . by George22016(m): 3:45pm On Nov 22, 2016
abeg as a foreign student what documents are we to bring to the camp?Pls kindly quote me
Re: . by Fireson: 8:03pm On Nov 22, 2016
George22016:
abeg as a foreign student what documents are we to bring to the camp?Pls kindly quote me
Go with all your documents.
Re: . by katanagirl08: 8:30pm On Nov 23, 2016
Fireson:

Go with all your documents.

Nd how many copies some say 10 some 20 some 30 ive even heard you dont need more than 5
So how many??
Re: . by shankara7: 9:33pm On Nov 23, 2016
katanagirl08:

Nd how many copies some say 10 some 20 some 30 ive even heard you dont need more than 5
So how many??
The only vital thing you must bring to camp is your documents others can be fixed in camp.
Re: . by Fireson: 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2016
katanagirl08:

So how many??
5 photocopies each
I took 30 passport photographs ( 18 with nysc vest, 12 without nysc vest)
Re: . by tetengi4life(m): 6:01pm On Nov 24, 2016
Congratulations to the prospective and serving corps members. For those of you that wish to engage in personal community development service for humanity, state award or presidential award sake should go through this thread and you will find all the required steps and materials FREE OF CHARGE
https://www.nairaland.com/3180268/nysc-personal-cds-procedures-made
Re: . by solacong: 9:36pm On Nov 25, 2016
Fireson:

5 photocopies each
I took 30 passport photographs ( 18 with nysc vest, 12 without nysc vest)

Copa
Re: . by Friday2chat: 1:15am On Nov 26, 2016
Thanks Nairaland and everyone that had shared their experience here. Am actually still in the UK doing my Msc but will be coming back home to do my NYSC and will appreciate if I can get comments from International students who had successfully completed the process. Do one really get your choice state? And if not what are the chances of you getting your choice state ??.
Re: . by Adesuwag(m): 7:10am On Nov 26, 2016
Friday2chat:
Thanks Nairaland and everyone that had shared their experience here. Am actually still in the UK doing my Msc but will be coming back home to do my NYSC and will appreciate if I can get comments from International students who had successfully completed the process. Do one really get your choice state? And if not what are the chances of you getting your choice state ??.
you can holla thru my email. I can also help you with your registration.
Re: . by tetengi4life(m): 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2016
Congratulations prospective and serving corps member, for those that wish to conduct a personal community development service for humanity, state award or presidential award sake. Everything u need is in this thread FREE OF CHARGE
www.nairaland.com/3180268/nysc-personal-cds-procedures-made

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

62 Fake Corpers Arrested In Nasarawa State / NYSC: Increase In Allowance Depends On New Minimum Wage – DG, Kazaure / 40 Outgoing Corps Members Face Sanction In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.