Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,421 members, 7,843,281 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo (25432 Views)

Edo Bans Night Grazing And Carrying Of Arms Because Of Herdsmen/Farmers Clashes / FG Bans Open Grazing To Curb Herdsmen-Farmers Clashes / Sultan To Buhari: Take Firm Action On Herdsmen And Farmers Clashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
sarrki:

Spotted
Going by this, we can say woes upon governors, and chairmen in states and local govt in which the castle kinsmen kill, rape and destroy properties at will.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Ugik(m): 7:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
the basic function of every government is to provide security for its citizens and ensure law and order. this responsibility does not entirely rest on a particular legislative list and can therefore be said to be partly a government and state responsibility. I think the reason the onus lies on the federal government is that they control the countries security apparatus and every move made by the states is still subject to federal scrutiny
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by coolplanet: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2016
Progressive01:
EXACTLY!!! Thank God someone else is seeing what we have been seeing.

That notion of "hold Buhari responsible for every crime committed by a Fulani man since he is also Fulani" is the demonic notion the bastard hateful children of the Fallen Angel have been trying to force Nigerians to accept.

It has not and will NEVER stick!

They can continue radicalising themselves as they please- when the bow breaks, they shall be rightly tagged the terrorists they are and treated as such.

God bless you Baba for speaking the truth, and God bless the President FRN (GCFR), Mohamadu Buhari. smiley

Guy,thank God none of your family was involved in the massacre. If not u won't come here and support Obasanjo that is not relevant to humanity. I respect Tinubu to the old fool.he is one of the reasons we are where we are.am not surprised,he is preventing himself from the Halliburton scandal

4 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by sapele914(m): 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nobody expected Jonathan to solve anything he was too weak the late President Yaradu'a had already solved the issue of the Niger Delta till date jona still claims MEND want to kill him such a coward,it's only some disgrunted ijaw youths that support him in the creeks ask the Itsekiris and urhobos what they think of him.
Jokerman:

Onenka buh u expected Jonathan to solve Niger Delta problem because he is an ijaw man...

Isn't it??
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Bizibi(m): 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2016
Jokerman:

Onenka buh u expected Jonathan to solve Niger Delta problem because he is an ijaw man...

Isn't it??
yes ohh,infact it is Jonathan's duty to sleep in the creeks and put an end to militancy.
But buhari duty is fr the nation excluding the Fulani menace.......you see why craze full this nation.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Oti4truth: 7:49pm On Oct 18, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
There is nothing worse than being Yoruba.
Do you mean?
There is nothing better than being a Yoruba race.
Am proud of my race YORUBA.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by codemaniacs: 7:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
k
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Nosaghae(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
sarrki:
Our elder stateman we know

The wailers will soon be here

Just watch out

Oya

Come in
PDP destroyed this country for 16yrs and a man that pioneered 8 of that 16yrs destructive years is ur elder statesman and if we call you Zombie now u go wan kill yourself. Chai this ur case dey beyond deliverance because Apostle Suleiman + TB Joshua deliverance oil nor go fit release you from this spirit of ZOMBIEISM

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Eluwilussit(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hypocrites everywhere. It is not the responsibility of the Federal Government to call the herdsmen to order, but it is the duty of Fg to provide grazing reserves for them in the 36 states of the federation and Abuja. I dey laugh. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by wiseoneking: 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
TippyTop:

Buhari is not just the President of Nigeria, he is also the Grand Patron of Miyetti Allah. (Assoc of Herdsmen)

Assuming Buhari wasn't the Nigerian President, the onus still falls on him as the leader of their association to call his members to order. .

Anyway fear don catch Obj grin grin
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom, ask Mr Yellow Teeth Tinubu.
lol, yeah, you a smart. I think it is because of the Haliburton Case that Buhari was been pressured to investigate. Coward i think, at his age.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by wiseoneking: 8:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
TippyTop post=:

Buhari is not just the President of Nigeria, he is also the Grand Patron of Miyetti Allah. (Assoc of Herdsmen)

Assuming Buhari wasn't the Nigerian President, the onus still falls on him as the leader of their association to call his members to order. .

Anyway fear don catch Obj grin grin
The fear of Buhari is the beginning of wisdom, ask Mr Yellow Teeth Tinubu.
lol, yeah, you a smart. I think it is because of the Haliburton Case that Buhari was been pressured to investigate. Coward i think, at his age.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Greataausim(m): 8:22pm On Oct 18, 2016
Ha nawao! Really there is nothing worse than being
an Afonja. First, has this man forgotten that Buhari is a
fulani man? Has he forgotten he is not only the
president of the country, he also the grand patron of
Miyetti Allah? Has this man forgotten that roles of all
the law enforcement agencies of this country are defined in the exclusive list? Do Governors have state
police? It's always unfortunate when an elder
stateman talks and reason like a motor park tout just
because he doesn't his corruption page to be opened......
May God bless us all....

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 18, 2016
Weedcrusher:

@mod, I believe you can see this comment

I am not partisan, and I try not to involve in anything politics on this forum. Obj has his opinion likewise people that support his opinion. If anyone has a different opinion, they should lay it out with facts. But in a situation where an entity believes he or she will use the opportunity to insult other tribe should be severely frown at.

@OAM4J, @mynd44, @seun, I believe the moniker OgbonnaUbani as well as other monikers swift in insulting other trives deserve a very lengthy ban

Crybaby according to sarrki and Co. You should handle the matter and stop whining and reporting.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Mpanyi: 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2016
Fear fear old man talking tripe
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:32pm On Oct 18, 2016
codemaniacs:

if the n:orth can create sharia police then nothing is stopping southern states from creating their own security personnel except themselves. stop believing that nonsense that "every move made by the states is still subject to federal scrutiny"..

Try form police nah, and watch demonic Fulani Muslim jihadist terrorist soldiers gun all of them down.

We are trapped. Get that into your head. An opportunity came in 1966 for everyone to be free but a particular people betrayed that opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by awa(m): 8:35pm On Oct 18, 2016
Despite all the respect I have for OBJ yet I still have to say this: OBJ statement sounds like that of someone trying to find favor before PMB which I doubt.

At certain ages, people should know that they are very much closer to the grave and truth is all they need to be at peace with their Maker and the Society.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
OgbonnaUbani:
There is nothing worse than being Yoruba.
As a Yoruba man, I have nothing but joy in my heart for being incarnated as a descendant of Oduduwa and permitted to enjoy this rich culture. Keep hating online instead of doing something productive with your life.

2 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by BossKratos: 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
undecided
galaxy4rep:
SARRKI! I believe so much that u will come across dis.... Pls I need ur help, inbox my email, gat a job for u my friend. there is dis criminal that must
b arrested, d picture has been flagged ,perhaps u must have seen it in other news forum, blogs ,Facebook
or twitter owing to ur vast news hunt ! pls, he is wanted by all mean, once seen report to d nearest police
station, thanks.. guess u understand what am talking about....

Try call the guy na?

Which one be all dis story for the gods?
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by ItsMeAboki(m): 8:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Zetra:
but it's Buhari's duty to bring about grazing bill, forgetting that the herdsmen are just business people. So It's wrong to forceful input a law just to their favour into our constitution

meanwhile OBJ where is the over 16billion Naira you spent on pictures showed on NTA on power procurements in Nepa but on ground na desert we see

OBJ was spot on.
The Fulani have a right to engage in their pastime but equally have no right to damage other ppl's crops.
This was why he explained the existence of grazing grounds even as far back as during the colonial era - so that Fulani can live and let live.
Unfortunately, there have been so much encroachment into these grazing land by farm and other settlements over the years so that Fulani have been having less and less places to graze - leading the inevitable clash between them and farmers.
One of the ways to address this problem is to give the Fulani back some of their lost pastoral grounds by restoring some of the past grazing grounds - hence the proposed bill.
Its simple common sense.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by mikki123(m): 8:41pm On Oct 18, 2016
Obasanjo is talking nonsense... Age has nothing to do with wisdom sometimes.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by djkirkoo2(m): 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
Keneking:
I think its State Governors.

"I need to state that it is the responsibility of local governments to take care of them." - Chief Olusegun Obasanjo

CLICK "like" if you think it's State Governor's responsibility and "Share" for Local Government undecided
Oh, u think is the State government but when Fayose placed ban on dem u zombies started insulting him dat he is trying power with federal government.
Na God go help una

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

OBJ was spot on.
The Fulani have a right to engage in their pastime but equally have no right to damage other ppl's crops.
This was why he explained the existence of grazing grounds even as far back as during the colonial era - so that Fulani can live and let live.
Unfortunately, there have been so much encroachment into these grazing land by farm and other settlements over the years so that Fulani have been having less and less places to graze - leading the inevitable clash between them and farmers.
One of the ways to address this problem is to give the Fulani back some of their lost pastoral grounds by restoring some of the past grazing grounds - hence the proposed bill.
Its simple common sense.

When it comes to Fulani it's give give give.

Are they rearing these animals for Nigeria or do they give it to Nigerians for free? Last time I checked, people pay to buy these meat. They don't pay for land neither do they pay taxes. Na only them dey like 100% profit with no expenses?

It's a private business, hence they should invest in land properties and stop relying on lopsided government favors.

And they should pay taxes too.

You make no sense. Stop using the words "common sense"

3 Likes

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by ngmgeek(m): 8:50pm On Oct 18, 2016
Confirmed!!! Nigerians once elected a parrot as President. OBJ, keep talking. cheesy
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by davidif: 8:55pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sealeddeal:
Fulani herdsmen constitute a security problem to the country and I do think that Federal government, being in charge of security of the country, should also take responsibility in handling the Fulani herdsmen terrorism. Nevertheless, I do agree with Obasanjo that state government must also have an input.
Things are too centralized in Nigeria. Cities don't even have there own police talkless of local govts because we have a national police force. In other countries, i can't even imagine having a national police force. Local govts should be granted full autonomy to provide services for there constituents like electricity, water, roads, education and most importantly SECURITY.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by orunto27: 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
Patronizing a fellow Military eh? He is the Field Marshall now. A Governor of a State is The Chief Security Officer in charge of governance of all The Land Area of his State. The FG, to show Care, should provide extra Budget Funds to State Governments to run Ranches and Agricultural Farm lands side by side for their people. OBJ was a democratic President. Nigeria can no longer tolerate a Dictator again.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by erico2k2(m): 9:00pm On Oct 18, 2016
2dugged:
he obviously formed his opinion based on his political affiliation and so does most people on this forum, but if we must be truthful and look at it from the vantage point of the common man on the streets, for God's sake people have been killed, people have been raped and lost their source of livelihood and this is all he has to say?,anyway,I hope state governments will hold him to his words and act, the onus is now on them, since it's not a national issue
This is why I like the Ekiti man, protecting his own. Thats is grass-root governance for you, he might not be perfect but aggressive to-protect his own at any cost.
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by bayelsaowei(m): 9:02pm On Oct 18, 2016
Nigeria is a failed state....completely a failed state....citizens arent safe..We are our own security...what a useless country... angry

And to know pipelines are more protected than human lives drives me mad...

angry angry
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by erico2k2(m): 9:03pm On Oct 18, 2016
ItsMeAboki:

OBJ was spot on.
Its simple common sense.
Lubish, you believe that craaap of graze land abi?, why was cassava plantation not spotted round the nation.We want teh meet without teh cattle simple, they are more than welcomed to graze up north and sell meat down south

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Sealeddeal(m): 9:04pm On Oct 18, 2016
davidif:

Things are too centralized in Nigeria. Cities don't even have there own police talkless of local govts because we have a national police force. In other countries, i can't even imagine having a national police force. Local govts should be granted full autonomy to provide services for there constituents like electricity, water, roads, education and most importantly SECURITY.
gbam!
Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 18, 2016
Obasanjo who has no clue about good governance is not expected to say otherwise. Herdsmen and Farmers clashes is not Buhari's responsibility. Drought is not Buhari's responsibility. Insurgency and quelling a foreign invasion is not Buhari's responsibility. Nigerians,it is a sad day,you are your own President, you are your own Commander-in-Chief.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by DDNICE: 9:08pm On Oct 18, 2016
If Obasano is right, then Niger Delta militants should also be left to their various local governments to handle.

1 Like

Re: Herdsmen, Farmers’ Clashes Not Buhari’s Responsibilty – Obasanjo by Blue3k(m): 9:09pm On Oct 18, 2016
He's right though on certain level. It's up to us to protect our selves from these terrorist. Arm yourselves and family members then fence property. Protect your life liberty and property.

Next state governments should be protecting people's property. Why are they there if they can't do this small act. The state govenors have been acting cowardly towards issue because they feel buhari people are unofficial sacred cows.

Federal government is weak and ineffective. Buhari won't at least condemn the actions going that's happening in multiple states across the country.

My recommendations: the gun is a mosberg 500 tactical, slug rounds for gun, then barbed wire for farmers to male sure cattle don't encroach.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Return Home, Things Are Changing In Nigeria" - FG Tells Nigerians In Diaspora / Buhari And Yemi Osinbajo In A Jolly Mood At The Independence Celebration Abuja / U.S. Says APC Supporters Attacked, Prevented Igbo, Non-party Members From Voting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.