Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,362 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC (1303 Views)

Police Block Road To NJC Office, Denying Protesters Access To Corupt Judges / Okorocha Obtains CCTV Footage Of Wike And Justice Okoro's Illegal Meeting / Money Recovered From DSS Raid On Judges Revealed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by fexti: 10:40pm On Oct 18, 2016
Justice John Inyang Okoro wrote a letter to the Nigeria Judicial Council. He is one of the judges in the Department of State Services (DSS) raid.
Here are ten things he said in the four page letter.
1 . The Department of State Security searched all the rooms in the house meticulously and took away the following items:
One(1) I Pad
Three phones( only one active)
USD 38,800( thirty eight thousand, eight hundred dollars)
N3.5 ( Three million, five hundred thousand naira)
Cheque books (Four in number)
2. He was made to open the door after a phone call alleging he has a letter from the president
"On Friday, the 7th day of October 2016, at about 9.00 P.M, I received a phone call from an unfamiliar caller. He introduced himself as an official from the Presidency. He told me he had a letter for me from Mr. President...Upon the door being opened, I saw so many heavily armed men with an inscription, “DSS” on their uniform. "
3 . " Also, the DSS operatives informed me that their Director- General wanted to see me that night. I requested to visit their office upon the break of the day but they refused."
4. Explaining the money found in his house justice Okoro said:
"I told them that having received the sum of USD24,000( Twenty four thousand dollars) and £10,000 ( Ten thousand pounds) a year for the past three years of my sojourn in the court as annual medical/ vacation allowances, and having not spent more than £5,000( Five thousand pounds) on each of three trips I have so far made abroad. I was entitled to have more than the amount recovered from me."
5. He said he has not been confronted with any petition
"My Lord, as at the time of writing this report, the DSS has not confronted me with any petition or complaint from any quarters whatsoever. Rather, they have grilled me, asking questions on some none existing properties around the country."
6. "They have also doubted the age of my children alleging that they are toddlers. This is sad and unbelievable."
7. He alleged that failing to cooperate with Rotimi Ameachi was why he was fingered.
"Mr. Amecahi said All Progressive Congress mandated him to inform me that they must win their election Appeals in respect of Rivers State, Akwa Ibom State and Abia State at all costs."
8. Rotimi Ameachi Sponsored the Akwa Ibom candidate Umana O. Umana
"For Akwa Ibom State, he alleged that he sponsored Mr. Umana Umana, candidate of All Progressive Congress for the election and if he lost Akwa Ibom appeal, he would have lost a fortune."
9. Umana will pay him millions
"Mr. Ameachi also said that he had already visited you and that you had agreed to make me a member of the panel that would hear the appeals. He further told me that Mr. Umana would be paying me millions of Naira monthly if I co-operated with them."
10 . Justice Okoro said he reported the issue of Ameachi's bribery attempt to the CJN
""I strongly believe that my travail is not undermined but with the verbal report I made to you on 7th February, 2016 about the visit to my official residence by Honourable Rotimi Amaechi, former Governor of Rivers State and now Minister of Transportation. "

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/law/dss-raid-10-things-justice-okoro-said-in-his-letter-to-njc/167470.html#RXhgWT9wBLExe63U.99

Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by NATIONALPASTOR: 10:56pm On Oct 18, 2016
Amaechi.

No problem
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by FakoMaybach1: 11:05pm On Oct 18, 2016
Now this is a response...i like how he gave out figures

if the source of the money is legit then no yawa

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by adexfrosh(m): 11:07pm On Oct 18, 2016
Tales by moonlight
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by Nobody: 11:16pm On Oct 18, 2016
Seriously speaking, I really don't know who or what to believe in this country anymore. However, justice Okoro's summation is not only plausible but credible.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 18, 2016
undecided undecided plz hep with the summary
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by amaechi1: 11:37pm On Oct 18, 2016
Sharming95:
undecided undecided plz hep with the summary

The summary is that dollar is scarce and some people have turn their houses to central bank annex.
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 18, 2016
Hmmm dis one don pass ma power.. ...
Who we go believe

If yhu think d judge is saying d truth tap like.... Buh if yhu think DSS are d one telling d truth tap share

6 Likes

Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by YtivitissuP: 12:16am On Oct 19, 2016
Let the judges judge this judge
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by fexti: 4:53am On Oct 19, 2016
Nigeria, where politicians feed on citizens
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by vedaxcool(m): 5:10am On Oct 19, 2016
National Judicial Corruption. .. you only happen to remember Ameachi offered you bribe after thousands of dollars were found in your room? Had you reported the matter immediately it would have been relevant but now it seems like you are pleading for sympathy from everyone.
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by jblackbell(m): 5:17am On Oct 19, 2016
vedaxcool:
National Judicial Corruption. .. you only happen to remember Ameachi offered you bribe after thousands of dollars were found in your room? Had you reported the matter immediately it would have been relevant but now it seems like you are pleading for sympathy from everyone.
At least he gave the source of the money found in his room. We should stop defending all these poli
ticians and allow them defend themselves.

1 Like

Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by jblackbell(m): 5:18am On Oct 19, 2016
My prayer is for justice to prevail
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by vedaxcool(m): 5:24am On Oct 19, 2016
jblackbell:

At least he gave the source of the money found in his room. We should stop defending all these poli
ticians and allow them defend themselves.

And you believe him? No right thinking person will take an afterthought allegation seriously and that is my point. ... I have not utter a word defending Ameachi. We should allow corrupt judges to defend themselves.
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by jblackbell(m): 5:42am On Oct 19, 2016
vedaxcool:

And you believe him? No right thinking person will take an afterthought allegation seriously and that is my point. ... I have not utter a word defending Ameachi. We should allow corrupt judges to defend themselves.
Its okay, all we want is a corruption free Nigeria.
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by Fyno: 5:51am On Oct 19, 2016
vedaxcool:
you fools are the problem of this Zoo not either the judges or Politicians.

'We Steal because you don't stone us' Amechi

Amechi is a self confessed thief yet you fools will rush in every thread to defend him just because he's in APC,a party full of all the fantastic thieves in the Zoo.

Because your Lord Mumu Buhari said the Judiciary is his greatest headache, you fools have now tagged every judge as corrupt. Giving a judgment against APC make one judge corrupt while a judgement in favour of APC makes a judge a saint just like Abang Okon. APC supporters are the worst specie of Zombies ever existed in the history of mankind.

So having Dollars at home makes one corrupt, what a waste of sperm you APC supporters are.even when the judge had explained to all the source of the dollars.

Poverty and Laziness had infected you Zombies that you keep shouting each time you hear about dollars but the truth is that smart people don't keep naira anymore because its useless rather we prefer to keep dollars at home since it keeps appreciating in value since Mumu Buhari became president and banned people from using their Dom account.

I can go on and on but the truth is that most of us down east knew this things will happen but we are already made

3 Likes

Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by Opistorincos(m): 6:31am On Oct 19, 2016
Ok
Re: DSS Raid: 10 Things Justice Okoro Said In His Letter To NJC by 989900D: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2016
Let the courts decide.

(1) (Reply)

UNBELIEVABLE! Benue Workers Receive Alert Of N10 As Salary (see Photo) / What A Mother Told Her Son A Day Before His Wedding To Keep Marriage Safe / See Kano State Coat Of Arm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.