Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her (18235 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Curses Sowore, Sahara Reporters Over Reports About His Marriage / Diezani Alison-Madueke's Lagos Properties In Pictures - EFCC / Diezani's Alison-Madueke's Banana Island Edifice Seized By FG (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by mapet: 8:45am On Oct 19, 2016
ThumbzTNA:
Dear Colombian lady, You have drug lords, we have politicians

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by Ndubuisipaul1: 8:46am On Oct 19, 2016
So we should clap for you for you cowardice or your useless mistake . If you want us to believe you write another book with another title . Period .
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by Wizzyblack3(m): 8:48am On Oct 19, 2016
soberdrunk:

Alison is not a "Politician", she was "appointed" not "elected" or did you vote for her? angry
So only elected ppl are politician, according to you... (Not in Nigeria)
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by soberdrunk(m): 8:51am On Oct 19, 2016
Wizzyblack3:

So only elected ppl are politician, according to you... (Not in Nigeria)

pol·i·ti·cian
ˌpäləˈtiSHən/
noun
a person who is professionally involved in politics, especially as a holder of or a candidate for an elected office.
synonyms: legislator, elected official, statesman, stateswoman.

Even the dictionary agrees with me sir!!
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by Omeokachie: 9:05am On Oct 19, 2016
Why are you afraid of a law suit if you are writing a factual account?

Has anyone in this administration assured you of protection to publish falsehood?

1 Like

Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by enny4real23(m): 9:28am On Oct 19, 2016
ThumbzTNA:
they meant Columbia university in new york, USA not the Columbia the country

1 Like

Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by ThumbzTNA(m): 9:52am On Oct 19, 2016
enny4real23:
they meant Columbia university in new york, USA not the Columbia the country

My bad
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by eph12(m): 10:20am On Oct 19, 2016
Wait let me get this straight. You were threatened by law suit and you dropped it immediately which means you never had any fact to back up your claims in your books. This is how people just say anything without fact to spoil people images. About her book having no more space is bullshit.
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by Whynotthetruth(m): 11:41am On Oct 19, 2016
focus7:
The memory of Madueke and others like her is the proof that Jonathan was a curse for Nigeria, a punishment to Nigeria for our unrepentant sins.

1)If this journalist was sure of her source and had evidence; she won't back down when she was threatened with law suit...it meant her so-called story was mere sensational, sentimental and lacking in facts...

2)If there was no space in her book again as she said here...what stopped a "volume 2" from coming out?

3)What is it that happened under Jonathan that isn't happening more and in a higher scale under Buhari?
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by freeze001(f): 12:00pm On Oct 19, 2016
I cannot understand the reason behind this rubbish I just read. The op was calculated to achieve maximum mischief right from the heading, nothing in the post indicates any form of intimidation. The writer was simply asked to be prepared to defend whatever she puts down or publishes in a court of law. Why should anyone allow oneself to be defamed because of public service? The writer withdrew because all she had were conjectures and stories not backed by facts!

kstix:
very unfortunate indeed... and what is more unfortunate is that GeJ let this happen under his watch..(not that i trust this administration again either) i just want a total overhaul of democracy... our biggest flaw. epistocracy stands a better chance with drastically reduced cost of governance

GEJ let what happen under his watch? That a foreign writer wanted to impugn the character of a Nigerian citizen and a public servant and same servant made it clear that every assertion in said book would be subjected to a lawsuit for defamation and the so-called writer backed off? Does it not mean she was on the path to defaming another person? Should Diezani have allowed that to open? GEJ has nothing to do with this, Allison Madueke protected and preserved her reputation which she has a right to do! Anyone with verifiable facts can come forward and prove same, not loud stories that cannot even be told to a court of law!

soberdrunk:
Where are all those screaming "witch hunt" You all should come out oooooo!!! Come defend "Saint Allison" grin grin

The words of some writer who could not defend whatever stories she wanted to publish is what is making u masturbate this hard? undecided

1 Like

Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by dondo83(m): 12:19pm On Oct 19, 2016
ThumbzTNA:

The first sentence in the story wrote American lady, they also mentioned Columbia university, where did you see Colombia?

you are a very good specimen of a wailer, rash , ignorant and unintelligent
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by lordmayor4(m): 1:18pm On Oct 19, 2016
ThumbzTNA:

Itiboribo read and understand
Colombia is different from Columbia
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by Ranchhoddas: 1:54pm On Oct 19, 2016
ThumbzTNA:
Who told you she's Colombian?
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by crimeboss: 2:39pm On Oct 19, 2016
koladebrainiac:
Its an obvious truth
what's obvious about her story?, she could be making this up for all i care?, trust an oyinbo at own peril, if she had facts why succumb to threats?.
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by kpolli(m): 7:22pm On Oct 19, 2016
So her source is a Nigerian journalist, not that she investigated herself..... How dumb can she sound
Re: Schiffrin: Alison-Madueke Intimidated Me To Drop Corruption Reports About Her by iammdshola(m): 11:46pm On Nov 06, 2016
Mrs. Alison-Madueke is also being investigated by UK authorities for suspected money laundering.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Protest In Jigawa Over 'Harassment Of Sule Lamido By Jigawa State Governor(pics) / Ambode Fails 10-year Budget Presentation Record / Ooni Of Ife: Politicians Playing Nigerians Like Ludo, They're All The Same

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.