Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime (12725 Views)

Ezinne Chime And Ken Nnamani Are Engaged (Photos) / First Bank Director Laundered Fund For Diezani – EFCC / Diezani Bribe: EFCC Arrests Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by aboy247: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2016

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has arrested two serving commissioners in Enugu State in connection with investigations into the $115m (N23bn) allegedly disbursed by a former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, during the build-up to the 2015 presidential election.

The Commissioner for Water Resources, Chief Charles Egumgbe, was the chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party campaign office in the state during the 2015 polls, while Commissioner for Tourism, Rita Mba, was the secretary.Besides Egumgbe and Mba, the chairman of the PDP in the state during the 2015 elections, Chief Ikeje Asogwa, was also arrested by the anti-graft agency over the matter.

Asogwa is currently the chairman of the board of Enugu State Universal Basic Education Board.

EFCC zonal head, South-East zone, Mr. Johnson Babalola, confirmed the arrests while addressing journalists in Enugu on Wednesday.

The EFCC official revealed that the trio – Egumgbe, Mba and Asogwa – were detained, and later released on bail.

Responding to questions by journalists, Babalola said, “They were detained, they made statements and they were later released on bail.”

According to him, the EFCC is still investigating former Enugu governor, Sullivan Chime, who was alleged to have received N450m out of the N23bn disbursed by Dieziani Alison-Madueke.When Chima was initially quizzed by the EFCC over the campaign fund, Chime reportedly told detectives that he handed over the money to the secretary of the campaign office, Mba, who was also the state’s Commissioner for Special Duties and Inter-Government Affairs at the time.

Chime allegedly explained that the money was brought by two of his former commissioners, Joe Nmamnel and Mba, in company with Asogwa and a PDP chieftain, Prof. Osita Ogbu.

The former governor was said to have stated that he gave the money to his orderly for safe keep, with instructions that only Mba should have access to it to facilitate her work as secretary of the campaign office.

Babalola added that the anti-graft agency was also investigating how about N450m of the N23bn was disbursed in Abia State.

Source: http://nigerianewsnow.com.ng/2016/10/19/diezani-efcc-arrests-two-enugu-commissioners-investigates-chime/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by KVNGGO: 5:13pm On Oct 19, 2016
Thieves. Jail all of them

14 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2016
KVNGGO:
Thieves. Jail all of them

afonja

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by KVNGGO: 5:25pm On Oct 19, 2016
Clinton9000:

afonja
mynd44

10 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Nobody: 5:40pm On Oct 19, 2016
Babalola confirmed the arrest of the Enugu commissioners grin

5 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by ouigy99(m): 5:44pm On Oct 19, 2016
I in no way support corruption..... But one must wonder how the APC people got the funds they used for election.... Cause I know those who are suspected to have sponsored the party are not business men. So, where was their wealth gotten from?

10 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by saintkel(m): 5:51pm On Oct 19, 2016
Make I hear, dis is mere propaganda for me
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Nateben(m): 7:23pm On Oct 19, 2016
Bia EFCC, make una no carry this una bad luck enter 042......... angry

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by ezechueze(m): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2016
OK
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by recievesense: 7:41am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok arrest before investigation
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 20, 2016
N23billion u say! I won't waste my opinion on this much! It Nigeria, the poor shout, the big thief still live. D former minister still enjoys our money abroad

2 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by JingoOAU(m): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2016
ouigy99:
I in no way support corruption..... But one must wonder how the APC people got the funds they used for election.... Cause I know those who are suspected to have sponsored the party are not business men. So, where was their wealth gotten from?

Don't worry, since APC cannot probe itself...when next PDP get back to power, they should probe the APC too

Shikena

21 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by bonechamberlain(m): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2016
Only Southerners are corrupt under this govt.

2 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by gurunlocker: 7:44am On Oct 20, 2016
Lol.... Seriously, EFCC has turn to a joke.

1 Like

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by immaculatengang(f): 7:44am On Oct 20, 2016
grin
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by babs01(m): 7:45am On Oct 20, 2016
mitcheeew
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 20, 2016
Igbos vs Afonjas thread

Round 10, fight grin

4 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Moreoffaith(m): 7:46am On Oct 20, 2016
When this woman go enter Naija self?

1 Like

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by themonk(m): 7:47am On Oct 20, 2016
Chime na my guy, he tried for enugu state. Make u na free my man abeg

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by cosmatika(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2016
Does EFCC see T.A. Orji at all? See Chime wey turn Enugu into a modern city, that,s d psn u ppl want to embarrass while T.A dat has a whole street in Umuahia all to himself is chilling with Alomo and Viju

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by AngryNigerian(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2016
EFCC is working

1 Like

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by kings09(m): 7:48am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by themonk(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2016
Chime na my guy, he tried for enugu state. Make u na free my man abeg, but if he is implicated let the law take its course. Let them also find monies disbursed to APC member who were members of pdp.

T.A Orji is a big theif, he is the biggest criminal of all politicians in nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:49am On Oct 20, 2016
Yet, there is no meaningful conclusion on high profile cases being handled by EFCC so far.

2 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by yeyeboi(m): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2016
Ok
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by waledeji(m): 7:50am On Oct 20, 2016
Clinton9000:

afonja

Osu

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Akaujaa(m): 7:52am On Oct 20, 2016
ouigy99:

Wherever APC got their campaign money is obviously not from the then PDP led federal government purse. They are investigating those who got their campaign fund from the Federation account and not states. Thank you.

4 Likes

Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Jude44: 7:53am On Oct 20, 2016
pls no arrest was made, its just a propaganda.. my bestfrnd's dad is a commissioner for water resources i called her now nd she said she's with her dad now..
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Akaujaa(m): 7:53am On Oct 20, 2016
JingoOAU:

Don't worry, since APC cannot probe itself...when next PDP get back to power, they should probe the APC too

Shikena

On point bro.
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by Samexdx(m): 7:54am On Oct 20, 2016
Let the E war begin...
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by bsideboii(m): 7:56am On Oct 20, 2016
Everything seems to be dying down....I don't see this case going any farther than this
Re: Diezani: EFCC Arrests Two Enugu Commissioners, Investigates Chime by ayindejimmy(m): 7:56am On Oct 20, 2016
bonechamberlain:
Only Southerners are corrupt under this govt.

bigot

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari: We'll Ensure Liberia's Stability / Aisha Buhari Arrives Bauchi State / FG Partners Horasis Zenera Consulting To Attract 500 Investors To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.