Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

The Ember Months And High Death Rate - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Ember Months And High Death Rate (11047 Views)

New Hydroxychloroquine Study Proves Trump Right, Says It Cuts Death Rate / Fear Of Ember Months: Who Is To Blame? Demons Or Man / This Ember Months you shall not Weep, Download The Song For Free (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Sanchez01: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
chiraqDemon:
Yesterday i was discussing with a friend (she is very religious) and we happened to talk about the ember months and she was like that death rates and calamities increase during the ember months N'landers i want to know your opinion and is there any proof (statistics and numbers) that death rates increase in ember months and all that.
Superstitious to an extent but the 'ember' month subconsciously reminds people that there are certain things yet to be achieved, hence the reason most people hurry over everything. It is true that the months have the highest accident rates as against other quarters. Reason for this has nothing to do with religion but the vain nature of most public transport drivers in their quest to carry more round trips per day.

The FRSC would soon release a statistics of the quarter. They do this yearly to warn people on the road and also correct some common road accidents. Everyone is always in a hurry around the ember period.
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Omotayor123(f): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
Another superstitious belief I have heard over tines is that men's joysticks reduce during ember months
Tosin no go kill person with laughgrin grin ... Where you hear dat one

Abi he don happen to you before tongue
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by tosyne2much(m): 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
Omotayor123:

Tosin no go kill person with laughgrin grin ... Where you hear dat one

Abi he don happen to you before tongue
I haven't been observant cheesy
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Omotayor123(f): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
I haven't been observant cheesy
Here is a chance for you to. Pls. Try to observewink cheesy
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Loveisthekey: 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
chiraqDemon:
Yesterday i was discussing with a friend (she is very religious) and we happened to talk about the ember months and she was like that death rates and calamities increase during the ember months N'landers i want to know your opinion and is there any proof (statistics and numbers) that death rates increase in ember months and all that.

Do you know that in every superstition there is an element of truth in it? The main reason superstition is not to be accepted is the fact that it lacks clear understanding of the prospect it discussed. One thing I know is that our enemy( devil ) is working and waiting for a time to hit us hard, which is either our time of rest or time of great hope. Ember periods are periods people mostly flash back on their achievements from the beginning or periods of projecting to accomplish great tasks of the year. Therefore, since satan works against man using man's emotions and feelings then such periods of rest and hope may attracts shortcomings. Let us continue to pray always to redeem the time as the days are evil. Ephesians 5:16. God bless you.

Jesus Christ is coming soon!
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by lepasharon(f): 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2016
sukkot:
ember means fire. hot faya.

You don't say?
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by sukkot: 2:03pm On Oct 20, 2016
lepasharon:

You don't say?
lolzzz grin

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by chiraqDemon(m): 2:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Sanchez01:

Superstitious to an extent but the 'ember' month subconsciously reminds people that there are certain things yet to be achieved, hence the reason most people hurry over everything. It is true that the months have the highest accident rates as against other quarters. Reason for this has nothing to do with religion but the vain nature of most public transport drivers in their quest to carry more round trips per day.

The FRSC would soon release a statistics of the quarter. They do this yearly to warn people on the road and also correct some common road accidents. Everyone is always in a hurry around the ember period.
There is indeed sense in what you are saying
During ember months ppl tend to travel more and that means more mistakes on the road leading to more accidents
I do not believe it is the work of "witches" keeping invisible drums to suck blood on the road but rather human error
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by lordkhalifa(m): 2:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
Mustiboy:
Ember month sha.
Well, something terrible happened during the ember month some years back at alaba international market. I was not there sha o, na hear say.
Two brothers went to alaba to buy some gadgets and on getting there, the sellers asked them to come inside and select what they wanted so they could negotiate. The elder brother obliged to coming inside but the younger one refused and decided to stay outside. They tried all they could to persuade him but he was hell bent on staying outside. Some minutes later, the elder brother had not come outside and the younger one was curious now and asked after his brother for the shop was big. You wouldn't believe these sellers denied his brother ever coming into their shop. Being confused, the guy went to call policemen and they searched the shop but that guy was nowhere to be found. The police were already givin up but the guy was able 2 convince them that his brother actually entered that shop while the shop owners denied. Curious, the police started another search and this time, they were raising things up, rugs, carpets and behold! A hole was dug in the shop and to everyone's dismay, human parts were being kept there but the guy's brother had already died. Everything was brought out sha and the shop owners were all arrested.
In case you're doubting; about 3 people that went to alaba the day it happened told me that same day, including my mom.
Now, my question is: are these things real? Baba alawoship, blood money and all that. Are they real?
and the owner of that shop nah who ? baba for money rituals ,the corn head species
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Mustiboy(m): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
lordkhalifa:
and the owner of that shop nah who ? baba for money rituals ,the corn head species
if you ask me, na who i go ask?
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by lordkhalifa(m): 2:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
nothing special about yuletide, I have seen more than 30 ember months and I'm certain by special grace of God i will still see another 65 Ember months in future, I celebrate every other day like yuletide once I can afford rice and chicken with good cloth and shoes any time I want it, so no need to hurry in life because its always too short

Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by chiraqDemon(m): 2:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
tosyne2much:
Another superstitious belief I have heard over tines is that men's joysticks reduce during ember months

Even Harvard University cannot put an end to the illiteracy of some Nigerians
Ahh from where u hear that one
This na first time i de hear of am
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by lordkhalifa(m): 2:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Mustiboy:
if you ask me, na who i go ask?
I wonder ooo
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by tosyne2much(m): 2:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
chiraqDemon:

Ahh from where u hear that one
This na first time i de hear of am
I don hear am wella cheesy
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by bsideboii(m): 3:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
Vorpal:
I think what really leads to such calamities is the festivities that happen at the end of year and the new year.

Some people go home to their villages/hometown and in desperate need to impress those at home they engage in social vices. As well as those who want to wear the latest clothes, foot wears and cars in town at the moment just to celebrate and impress others.

There is also an air of recklessness, so to put it, people tend to throw caution to the wind perhaps the buzz of the festivities and they drive recklessly, sleep around without due protection and all manner of pleasure seeking activities that may cause harm to themselves and others around once caution is thrown into the wind.

I don't know about spiritual forces, not that am saying they don't exist. But I believe what I stated above are majorly responsible.
U sabi ....intelligent fellow u are.I still believe d underworld guys too have dues to pay too...grin
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
People should turn against these kidnappers and cults people and rid the society of them.
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Barigaboy(m): 5:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
That's tru, one have to be careful when that period approach. Someone wanna make money during december so they go n wake a dead bus for commercial activities. Why some peoples happiness leads to over speeding. Drinking and smoking while driving. Some wud go and engage in robbery biggest of their awareness of someone buying Gulder for many people. Its not that period that kills people but people over excitement during that period.
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
Ganjafama:
African backward mentality. It is the unnecessary rush to "hammer" before the Xmas that is causing accidents and deaths.
Add to this the high rate of traveling on our ill equipped roads compared to other times of the year.
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 20, 2016
Mustiboy:
Ember month sha.
Well, something terrible happened during the ember month some years back at alaba international market. I was not there sha o, na hear say.
Two brothers went to alaba to buy some gadgets and on getting there, the sellers asked them to come inside and select what they wanted so they could negotiate. The elder brother obliged to coming inside but the younger one refused and decided to stay outside. They tried all they could to persuade him but he was hell bent on staying outside. Some minutes later, the elder brother had not come outside and the younger one was curious now and asked after his brother for the shop was big. You wouldn't believe these sellers denied his brother ever coming into their shop. Being confused, the guy went to call policemen and they searched the shop but that guy was nowhere to be found. The police were already givin up but the guy was able 2 convince them that his brother actually entered that shop while the shop owners denied. Curious, the police started another search and this time, they were raising things up, rugs, carpets and behold! A hole was dug in the shop and to everyone's dismay, human parts were being kept there but the guy's brother had already died. Everything was brought out sha and the shop owners were all arrested.
In case you're doubting; about 3 people that went to alaba the day it happened told me that same day, including my mom.
Now, my question is: are these things real? Baba alawoship, blood money and all that. Are they real?
Allow me quote myself on this issue:

After thinking hard I now understand what witch doctors use these human remains for. Those skulls you see displayed in their lairs to induce fear in visitors; they were once human. Bones are also grinded to make potions and powders useful in their day to day dealings e.g. to make powders people rub in the hopes of stopping bullets or mixed with liquids one drinks for one ailment or the other.
People abducted and organs stolen are only victims of an underground form of organ trade where their innards are sold to wealthy but fetish politicians or dried up and grinded to make the things listed in the first paragraph. The people who perform the dirty work are paid chicken change and not enough to last a month so they indulge in the act continuously to make ends meet. It's why captured culprits are always hungry, poverty-stricken ignorant folk.

There is nothing like blood money. The tales are told out of ignorance and the myth is perpetrated further by nollywood. The truth, as demystified by this write up, is very mundane.

Hope it helped?
Re: The Ember Months And High Death Rate by Mustiboy(m): 8:29am On Oct 21, 2016
charix:
Allow me quote myself on this issue:

Hope it helped?
hmmm. I concur.

Is Eating And Drinking At Burials Part Of Christianity / The Great Tribulations After Rapture / Three Reasons To Get To Church On Time

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60