Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,021 members, 7,956,787 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria (2189 Views)

Certificate In Humanitarian Studies And NGO Management (CV Booster Course) / Relocate To Canada With Your Family Within One Month Of Creating Your Profile.. / How To Rock Your Linkedin Profile In 8 Steps in 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 11:34am On Oct 20, 2016
This is a thread i created for my profile in humanitarian aids and assistance to reduce poverty an hunger in Nigeria (UN Sustainable Development Goals 1&2).
Instead of complaining, overtime i have volunteered for several organizations to deliver foods, drugs, medical and health care to the impoverished Nigerians especially the Internally Displaced and those living in the rural communities.

VOTE OF THANKS: Before i start, i will like to appreciate the efforts of Mr Seun Osewa (Founder, Nairaland.com) and his moderators. The same thanks goes to the international and local organizations that have given me this opportunities to serve with them as volunteers
Below is a short documentary on some of my humanitarian aid and assistance to eradicate hunger and poverty in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKNWZ1H2k9Y
This is just a part of my story(related to eradicating hunger and poverty) the rest of my other activism story are in https://www.nairaland.com/3239106/one-young-world-summit-2016
Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 11:55am On Oct 20, 2016
Visit to Bama and Gwoza IDP Camp at Durumi, Area 1, Abuja to give them drugs, medical check-ups and counseling with 5 Medical Doctors.
on the 13th of August, 2016

A short story on how the journey went;

As we got there, we started calling the women and children, as their men has gone out for work. At first, they refused to come for reason best known to them.
After some time, some women began to come but the turn up was still low. At that moment, we were yet to fathom why they were dragging foot to come and collect free drugs. Until I met a little boy, his name is Ali, he was like the leader of the little lads. It was him that gave me the idea that we should get them food instead of drugs.
That was how the idea of food for drugs came into our mind. Collect your drugs before we give you food, simple. Before we could know it, the little Ali has already mobilized almost all the children in the camp and the women simply because we provided food as incentives until we were overwhelmed.

It even got to a point where they drag the food from our hands due to extreme starvation.

May God make it easy for them. And whenever you have, please try and visit the less privileged

Thank you

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 11:56am On Oct 20, 2016
Visit to Durumi IDP Camp at Area 1 Abuja on 15th of October, 2016 courtesy of pro-health international

where we donated bags of foods to the camp's administration

pics shortly below

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 11:57am On Oct 20, 2016
At the UNITED NATION YOUTH POLICY DIALOGUE in commemoration of International Day for Eradication of poverty
At CHELSEA HOTEL ABUJA
On the 17th of October, 2016

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 11:58am On Oct 20, 2016
Visit to Kutara community at Masaka, Nasarawa State to donate foods and other items on the 19th of October, 2016

courtesy of Pro-health International and Thompson and Grace Pharmaceutical

I was part of the team that delivered humanitarian aid which include food items, drugs and clothes to an IDP camp in masaka, Nasarawa state. The people were so overjoyed that all they sang and danced round the food items. It was fun and full of life.

Below is a video in that regard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzZGrs-E9Jc&t=7s

1 Like

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 1:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
PRO_HEALTH INTERNATIONAL
Date (5-8 December 2016)
When I was volunteering for the organization to do visual acuity and Translation as they came to comprehensive primary health care Gidan Mangoro at Orozo, Abuja in their quest to bring free medical services to the less privileged in rural communities across Africa

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 12:28pm On Oct 22, 2016
My encounter with a physically challenged woman
As we were rounding up our PHI community outreaches, all the patients became so impatient to the point that they almost thronged us, i sighted her (the physically challenged) at the back looking as if 'if i had leg, it would have been easy for me', i felt so cold which made me to talked to Dr Clearance about giving her a special treatment and the woman was attended to, immediately she managed to push herself towards me and said THANK YOU MY SON
Noteworthy again is an encounter with another elderly woman. As I was doing VA (Visual Acuity)for a patient, an elderly woman accosted me saying we have skipped her number while she was not around. We told her we couldn't help her, before we could know it, she just knelt down and started crying in the front of one of the Doctor, the Dr. neglected her because she had more at hand. My heart melted down, I couldn't concentrate because of the woman, I then went to meet the Doctor and collected a card for the old woman. Come and see how joyful she was, come and see how fulfilled I felt. That's not all, after she was attended to, she came and met me and said "Nagode" (meaning THANK YOU), it was then I realized she is my mother's name sake. Her name is MAIMUNA.
#FeelingFulfilled
Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
PIC1: During our lunch break with the surgeons. And we used that opportunity to celebrate one the Doctor's Birthday

PIC2:the Ophthalmology team taking a selfie with a crazy face At the last day after seeing hundreds of patients with Dr clearence, Dr Daniella, Pharmacist Tracy
Dr Destiny and Dr Ijeoma are not in the pic

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 12:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
THE STORY OF KUCHIDNA
After Guruku, before Kabusu, Karu Local government of Nasarawa State

BASIC RIGHTS WATCH (February 2017 till Present) volunteering some of my free weekends

KUCHIDNA COMMUNITY PROJECT
In February, 2017, the Executive Director of the organization was looking for a rural community that lacks access to clean water, education and good health care.
Muhammad volunteered to help find similar community within his vicinity. He went on the quest and discovered an abandoned community of Kuchidna in Nasarawa state that drinks from dirty water. He then led the basic rights watch team to map their problems which include lack of water, poor education and health facility.
The result of the findings was used to develop an advocacy plan which was presented to Livebridge foundation. The foundation agreed to intervene to help the rural community of Kuchidna of over 3000 people find a clean source of drinking water as opposed to the dirty pond they were dependent on. Livebridge foundation took care of some projects like;
- Drilling of clean water borehole
- Skill acquisition/Empowerment
- Health Intervention and Medical Outreach
- Donation of food items

for full story kindly visit
https://www.nairaland.com/3942453/story-kuchidna

below are the pictures of water they drink, their muddy class rooms and shabby health care facilities with no drugs

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
more photos

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 7:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
On Saturday 6th of May, i and some of friends went to volunteer for ADAOHA FOUNDATION to deliver medical and food to the IDPs at New Kuchingoro camp

My encounter with a 4yr old boy at an IDP camp dat nearly put me on my heels. I went to Volunteer, as we were been briefed our duty, a 4yr old boy walk towards me and dragged my coca-cola, i resisted a little bit because his courage got me startled. When he realized the little resistant, he used his both hands to dragged the plastic bottle of Coca-Cola from me, he opened it in my front, drank it and walk away. Everyone pulsed as they look at the little lad walk away. When i went to ask about the boy, i realized he was deaf and dump. Maybe if he could speak, he would have asked politely, or maybe it is the "terror" which he has experienced over time that hardened his heart. Whatever the reason, i was still shocked, because at his age i was still on my mothers arm. Sorry buddy, we will work hard to 'redefined' ur porpose of life for you and others too

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:49am On Dec 11, 2016
How can one be a volunteer? i am much interested but those NGO wont employ me and also is there a requirement to volunteering job?
Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 10:16am On Dec 14, 2016
shegzyvic:
How can one be a volunteer? i am much interested but those NGO wont employ me and also is there a requirement to volunteering job?
I am just a field volunteer. i didnt even write a letter. i was introduced into Prohealth international by a friend, on the day our field work at masaka, Nasarawa state, i collected one of their driver's number. He is the one that updates me on their outreaches. if i see that i am less busy and the community is close by, i will then follow. they dont pay me anything but i enjoy working with them

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 10:23am On Dec 14, 2016
Volunteering for Livebridge Foundation On the 20th of May, at a Community that kills twins and 3plets children
i volunteered for Livebridge foundation on a visit to a community (KIYI along Kuje-Gwagwalada road Abuja) where twins and 3plets are killed. If the child grows upper teeth before the lower teeth, he/she will be smashed on a tree trunk as sacrificed to the Oracle. And if a breastfeeding mother dies, the child will be buried alive. Also, they kill albinos children. Livebridge is working tirelessly to stop this cultural carnage. In addition to that, we did several medical examinations to treat those children, and took some to national hospital for emergency treatments and surgeries. Vin Heritage homes where the children are saved is founded by a missionary pastor, who usually goes to the 'evil' forest to pick some of them that are still alive. Sometimes, some of the mothers that give birth to twins/3plets had to run discretely to the orphanage to donate one and present one to the community.

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
tetengi4life:

I am just a field volunteer. i didnt even write a letter. i was introduced into Prohealth international by a friend, on the day our field work at masaka, Nasarawa state, i collected one of their driver's number. He is the one that updates me on their outreaches. if i see that i am less busy and the community is close by, i will then follow. they dont pay me anything but i enjoy working with them
Interesting, May God reward you greatly. sorry for my too much question. is the volunteering job meant for unemployed?
Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 12:16pm On Dec 17, 2016
shegzyvic:
Interesting, May God reward you greatly. sorry for my too much question. is the volunteering job meant for unemployed?
Not really, even if u are working and u have a spare time, u can volunteer for other organizations during ur weekends.
YOU SHOULD FORWARD ANY OTHER QUESTION THROUGH tetengi4life@gmail.com
Thanks
Reply this only through the mail above pls
POST SCRIPT
The images below is the continuation of my outreach with Livebridge foundation to a community that kills twins/3plets.
below are some of the grown up children. The heritage homes have been in existence since 2004

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 9:53am On Apr 15, 2017
Below is a recent breakthrough and a success story of our work in a community called Kuchidna.

THE STORY OF KUCHIDNA
After Guruku, before Kabusu, Karu Local government of Nasarawa State

BASIC RIGHTS WATCH (February 2017 till Present) volunteering some of my free weekends

KUCHIDNA COMMUNITY PROJECT
In February, 2017, the Executive Director of the organization was looking for a rural community that lacks access to clean water, education and good health care.
Muhammad volunteered to help find similar community within his vicinity. He went on the quest and discovered an abandoned community of Kuchidna in Nasarawa state that drinks from dirty water. He then led the basic rights watch team to map their problems which include lack of water, poor education and health facility.
The result of the findings was used to develop an advocacy plan which was presented to Livebridge foundation. The foundation agreed to intervene to help the rural community of Kuchidna of over 3000 people find a clean source of drinking water as opposed to the dirty pond they were dependent on. Livebridge foundation took care of some projects like;
- Drilling of clean water borehole
- Skill acquisition/Empowerment
- Health Intervention and Medical Outreach
- Donation of food items

for full story kindly visit
https://www.nairaland.com/3942453/story-kuchidna

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 8:57am On May 09, 2017
On the 30th of September, 2017. The rural community of Community received entourage of visitors which include foreigners, staff of Livebridge foundation and European Union, Medical practitioners (Doctors and Nurses), Social workers, volunteers, Security Police men etc
we drove through the bad terrain to the point that one of our vehicle got broke down on the road. It was truly an adventure and FUN.
pICTURES BELOW

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 9:03am On May 09, 2017
MORE PHOTOS

Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 4:48pm On May 10, 2017
reserved for future post
Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 10:19am On May 22, 2017
RESERVED FOR FUTURE POST
Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2017
NEW
Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 10:28am On May 22, 2017
RESERVED
NEW
Re: My Profile In Humanitarian Aids/assistance To Reduce Hunger/poverty In Nigeria by tetengi4life(m): 10:29am On May 22, 2017
FOR FUTURE POST

(1) (Reply)

Banks With Lower Interest Rates On Loans For Salary Earners / Prospects In Biotechnology:what Are My Chances After Graduation. / Is Ican Relevant?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.