Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,320 members, 7,846,412 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Someone Help Me! My Boss Is Flirting With Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Someone Help Me! My Boss Is Flirting With Me (546 Views)

My Fiancee Was Caught Flirting With Her Ex On Whatsapp / Why Do Girls Assume Staring At A Guy Is Flirting? / Girls: 5 Subtle Signs He Is Flirting At Work (LEARN TODAY) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Someone Help Me! My Boss Is Flirting With Me by saphhire: 1:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
There are certain taboos in the workplace and one of them is office romance. When it comes to office romance, both parties are interested and are aware of the risks involved. But in the case where your boss is overtly flirting with you, that's just a big NO.

A little light office flirtation can be exciting, but when your boss doesn't get the memo that this is wrong, it could be a really bad day at work. It is also annoying, rude, awkward and counterproductive -- not to mention potentially illegal. You most likely will want to avoid your boss, which seems impossible as you'll have to interact with the individual every day.

Flirting involves verbal or written communication as well as body language by one person to another, either to suggest interest in a deeper relationship with the other person or if done playfully, for amusement.

If your boss is in interested in you, it often starts with a friendly gesture, compliment, a pat on the back, a jokey remark and all of that. Although not all men/women will act like this, but you have to be careful and try to defuse the situation before it gets any worse. Flirtation that initially seemed innocent can quickly escalate to harassment levels, so it's important to remedy the situation before it gets out of hand.

You can simply ignore the advances, but not all will get that they are being ignored and will probably still continue with their advances. There are other ways you can regain your sanity and a reasonable level of comfort at work.

1. Be direct
You can tell your boss directly that you are very uncomfortable with his advances. If you don't say anything the advances are likely to continue, so it's advisable you tell him how you feel. You can simply tell him/her that you are interested in them professionally and not romantically. This may seem hard, but if you keep silent it could be seen as a sign of encouragement.

2. Mention a partner
One other way you can defuse the situation is by mentioning your partner. Even if you are not in a relationship, you can still talk about a man or woman in your life. You should drop hints that you are in a relationship.

3. Reduce flirtation opportunities
Simply put, reduce your alone time with your boss. This can be tricky as you will have meetings together and the rest. But if you can control it, reduce the time you spend alone with your boss.

COMPLETE POST: [/b]http://www.thatbluebook.com.ng/single-post/2016/10/20/Someone-Help-My-Boss-Is-Flirting-With-Me

[b]NIGERIA'S COOLEST WEBZINE:
http://www.thatbluebook.com.ng/

(1) (Reply)

Nawa O / Video : See Why This 9yr Old Schoolboy Marries This 62-year-old Woman / please what is your take on the issue???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.