Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,164 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation (55076 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by gorgeousfm: 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
BornStunner1:
FACTS ABOUT THE YORUBAS AKA AFONJAS
( 1 ) . Their story of
kingship began with Edo
prince and the Benin
recorded History .
( 2 ) . Ayayi crawder said,
little were know about
yoruba existence,
meaning they were not
part of Nigeria of today
boarder or were in small
settlement close to
dahomy. yoruba are half
muslims and those with
African traditions copied or got them from Benin
civilization . I doubt if they not immigrants from dahomy
mix with Benins or other fulani- hausa from Niger
. Bishop Samuel Adjayi Crowther (c . 1809 – 31
December 1891 ) Was the first African Anglican bishop
in Nigeria . Born in Osogun (in today's Iseyin Local
Government, Oyo State , Nigeria ) . His grandson was
Herbert Macaulay
( 3 ) . Yoruba have dublicity of kingship with the process
highly politized to being traditional . A system they try
copy from Benin but can 't get it real like the Benin
Kingdom. Edo Obaship is one of the most revered
institutions in the world because of the way it has
sustained its awesome prestige with strict and
meticulous attention to ancient traditions of valour ,
discipline and integrity . Edo chieftaincy titles cannot be
bought or conferred on non- indigenes or frivolously .
Every Edo chief performs a peculiarly sacred duty
and responsibility to the people of Edo. It does not make
sense , therefore , to think that a people who would not
and have never conferred their chieftaincy titles on non-
indigenes, would voluntarily invite , accept, or surrender
to non- indigenes as their kings . Due to celestial
origins , the Edo monarch cannot eat out and cannot be
diverted from full time palace duties to hustle
for contracts .
( 4 ) . Most of today
yoruba religion are
Benin Origin , Olokun ,
Ogun , Iha oguega (ifa ) ,
oronmila, Esago
(shango ) , Ayelala etc .
Many Benin traditions
and spirituality are
stillfully documented by
yorubas in high places
as YORUBA ? (Never mind the Edo man ' s christian
mindset quickly dening Edo have niothing to do with
African traditional religion , agreeing they are foriegn to
Edoland . . . LIE ) .
Although the Great Edo ( Benin ) Kingdom were not major
participants in the trans- Atlantic slave trade , because
the Obas (Kings ) believed that their subjects were too
valuable to sell away , and their noblemen had need of
war captives on their own farms , the influence of Edo
religion and medicine has still been substantial upon
the people of the Americas .
According to Mason (1996 ) , it has been widely
accepted that Olokun ( god of the sea ) worship
originated with the Edo and spread to the Yoruba ( p. 2) .
In fact, the most prominent part of Edo cultural
traditions that has made its mark in the New World is
Olokun worship. Olokun (god of the Waters ) worship
originated from Urhonigbe and then became prominent
at Ughoton around the Ethiope ( Olokun) River . The
priesthood and rituals were firmly established at the
time . Some of the possible points of contact happened
early. During the Ogiso Period , trade with the Yoruba
and Igbos was quite extensive. Olokun worship may
have spread to those areas through traders . Prior to the
Oba Period , Ekaladerhan Izoduwa was initiated into
Olokun as a chief Priest while he stayed at Ughoton ,
before his moving westward with his followers to
establish Ilefe ( Ero , 1999 , p . 108- 109) .
Once he arrived , Ekaladerhan Izoduwa brought Edo
traditions to those areas and was a King of his new
community called Ilefe , which could be what yoruba call
IFE. . From Ekaladerhan Izoduwa ’ s loins , the Yoruba
dynasties may have began. However, it is certain that
Olokun is an Edo divinity whose worship spread to the
outlying Yoruba areas.

And OWIE EDO KPATAKI ME KIN So leave Igbo people of this Cus I AM A FULL BLOODED EDO BOY FROM OGBE cool BENIN!! SO DONT GET IT TWISTED!

Why are you flooding every thread with your story. I did History in secondary school. My only concern is why the Edo kings adopted the title Oba. And why my colleague who is from Edo state bears Ayodeji Adewale Peters.

I am yet to see any omo Yoruba bearing Osahon Asemota, or Osaretin except it is adopted through marriage.

Goodluck.

cc: verygudbadguy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by AkinPhysicist: 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
cool There are four major tribes in Nigeria: Yoruba, Hausa-Fulani, Igbo and Ijaw. Who the fvck is bini? cool

2 Likes

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by sniper77(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
IVORY2009:
Nice one!
oba otorpeaaa Iseeee

It's Oba ghato kpere Ise
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by BornStunner1: 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2016
gorgeousfm:

Why are you flooding every thread with your story. I did History in secondary school. My only concern is why the Edo kings adopted the title Oba. And why my colleague who is from Edo state bears Ayodeji Adewale Peters.

I am yet to see any omo Yoruba bearing Osahon Asemota, or Osaretin except it is adopted through marriage.

Goodluck.

YOUR COLLEGUE IS A YORUBA IMMIGRANT WHO IS ASHAME OF HIS YORUBA KIN ....GODBID AN EDO MAN BEARS THAT!!

OBA TITLE IS A BENIN WORD AND PYSEUDOM

ILLETERATE!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Nobody: 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
LordAdam:
@YourNemesis, @2dugged

The Yorubas are known for revisionist history. It is their trademark. Their high degree of literacy just smolders this tendency in a big way.

Ife kingdom is a rag compared to the old bini empire.

The only Yoruba monarchy that rivals the bini empire is the Oyo empire. And even in its height refrained from marching east to sack the Bini empire despite extending to present day Benin (the country) at some point.

That the Bini ethnicity is not at par to the Yoruba ethnicity does not change anything.

Macedonia once produced the finest general the world has ever known, and conqueror of the known world at his time--Alexander the Great. Macedonia is pretty insignificant in the present time. That does not erase the fact that the Middle East, Europe, and Asia once bowed to that little kingdom.

Same can be said about the Romans. Or the Nubians (Blacks in present day Sudan) setting the foundation for the Ancient Egyptian empire only to be schemed out at some point.

The Portuguese parleyed with the Bini more than they did with the Ife people. Present day Bini reach extends to the edge of the River Niger. The entire old Mid-West region and part of the old Eastern region have Bini blood flowing through them.

That Oduduwa was a Bini prince is a plausible theory.

But that is what it is--a theory. Because we can never really be sure.

However, to insinuate that the Oba of Benin is a Yoruba king is abominable, bordering on heresy for the strongly religious of the native Bini religion.

The Yorubas and Binis were neighbors. Of course, some elements would have robbed off. But make no mistake. NO YORUBA KINGDOM COULD HAVE PLACED A FOOT ON THE OLD BINI KINGDOM.

The Ovie of Ozoro secures his mandate from the Oba of Benin. So, you could rightly say he is a Bini king, despite him being a full-bred Isoko.

But the Oba of Benin does not secure his mandate from or fall under the tutelage of the Ooni of Ife like other Yoruba kings.

It's a good thing the Binis aren't letting you guys change history.

You lots are despicable. Utterly disappointing. Probably insane.

If the late Ooni of Ife had tried to insinuate that the Oba of Bini was lower than him in the 16th century, the Oba would have beheaded him, plucked out the eyes of his sons, sack his kingdom and hand it over to the Alaafin of Oyo as a gift.

He is (or rather was) lucky, we are in modern times, and anyone can make absurd claims.

-Lord
to think they didn't even bring up some reasonable lie, they had to bring up the sky man and the chicken story, such clowns, I wonder how so called educated people will gladly accept that one sky man and his chicken formed the earth, I just read, and laugh, anyway let them keep waiting for the Oba of Benin in lle ife, we are watching, no need to argue further

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Mccullum: 7:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
Who's that on line historian with jargon hypothesis, bunch of rubbish.
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by BornStunner1: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2016
LordAdam:
@YourNemesis, @2dugged

The Yorubas are known for revisionist history. It is their trademark. Their high degree of literacy just smolders this tendency in a big way.

Ife kingdom is a rag compared to the old bini empire.

The only Yoruba monarchy that rivals the bini empire is the Oyo empire. And even in its height refrained from marching east to sack the Bini empire despite extending to present day Benin (the country) at some point.

That the Bini ethnicity is not at par to the Yoruba ethnicity does not change anything.

Macedonia once produced the finest general the world has ever known, and conqueror of the known world at his time--Alexander the Great. Macedonia is pretty insignificant in the present time. That does not erase the fact that the Middle East, Europe, and Asia once bowed to that little kingdom.

Same can be said about the Romans. Or the Nubians (Blacks in present day Sudan) setting the foundation for the Ancient Egyptian empire only to be schemed out at some point.

The Portuguese parleyed with the Bini more than they did with the Ife people. Present day Bini reach extends to the edge of the River Niger. The entire old Mid-West region and part of the old Eastern region have Bini blood flowing through them.

That Oduduwa was a Bini prince is a plausible theory.

But that is what it is--a theory. Because we can never really be sure.

However, to insinuate that the Oba of Benin is a Yoruba king is abominable, bordering on heresy for the strongly religious of the native Bini religion.

The Yorubas and Binis were neighbors. Of course, some elements would have robbed off. But make no mistake. NO YORUBA KINGDOM COULD HAVE PLACED A FOOT ON THE OLD BINI KINGDOM.

The Ovie of Ozoro secures his mandate from the Oba of Benin. So, you could rightly say he is a Bini king, despite him being a full-bred Isoko.

But the Oba of Benin does not secure his mandate from or fall under the tutelage of the Ooni of Ife like other Yoruba kings.

It's a good thing the Binis aren't letting you guys change history.

You lots are despicable. Utterly disappointing. Probably insane.

If the late Ooni of Ife had tried to insinuate that the Oba of Bini was lower than him in the 16th century, the Oba would have beheaded him, plucked out the eyes of his sons, sack his kingdom and hand it over to the Alaafin of Oyo as a gift.

He is (or rather was) lucky, we are in modern times, and anyone can make absurd claims.

-Lord

FATALITY grin

I HAVE SAID IT TIMES WITHOUT NUM THIS YORUBAS ARE LOWBREEDS!

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by gorgeousfm: 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
[b][/b][quote author=BornStunner1 post=50371606]

YOUR COLLEGUE IS A YORUBA IMMIGRANT WHO IS ASHAME OF HIS YORUBA KIN ....GODBID AN EDO MAN BEARS THAT!!

OBA TITLE IS A BENIN WORD AND PYSEUDOM

ILLETERATE!!

First, you don't go about calling people name in an educative conversation like this. I don't do such and I will implore you to desist from that act.

I can start calling different Yoruba names Edo people bear but I don't need to. I am happy we have the Yoruba speaking indigene of Edo state.

It is spelt Illiterate and not illeterate.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by LordAdam: 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
lexyking:
i have tried to stay off this rivalry between the yorubas and the benins because to me its useless and uncalled for,however i'm forced to set the records straight because it is said that when a lie continues to be told over and over again without either correcting the lie or revealing the truth such lies might start getting some credibility.now im not one who argues without cross checking the facts i had done an extensive research on the origins of this great tribes and i will be sharing my facts with you much more later fell free to cross check them after all there is a saying that everyone is entitled to there truths but everyone is not entitled to there own facts cos the facts are indisputable.let me stop the stories and start with the facts
FACT NO 1; the notion that Oduduwa the progenitor of the Yoruba race left Benin to go and found Ile ife is not only laughable but crazy,although for lack of records the exact year of Ile ife origin could not be gotten but all available facts agreed that between 1200 and 1400 A.D Ile ife had already developed a functional and well developed society this claim is validated by the age of of all the Yoruba artifact that was taken from Ile ife.WHILE the Binin kingdom only came into being by 1440 as a matter of fact there is no known artifact of Binin origin that predate that of IFE.
from this facts its obvious that Ile ife is older than Binin kingdom,so Oduduwa could not have come from binin.read and digest this i will be back with more fact!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My good friend, when you use the word "FACT" back it up with links or quotes from books, manuscripts, or authorities on the subject.

In Ways of the World: A Brief Global History with Sources written by Robert W. Strayer, the venerated historian surmised that the old Bini Empire traces back to the 11th century. So how can you say that Bini kingdom came into being in the 15th century (1440).

Why do you guys like revising history? It is shameful that a learned people would brazenly lie.

Now, please read the Wikipedia entry of the Benin Empire -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin_Empire.

I understand that anyone can edit that entry. So if you do not agree with the assertions on the page, you can delete it and add your own revisionist version backed with books and facts.

Now, let me post an excerpt from that page for all and sundry to see.

"The original people and founders of the Benin Empire, the Edo people, were initially ruled by the Ogiso (Kings of the Sky) dynasty who called their land Igodomigodo. The rulers or kings were commonly known as Ogiso. Igodo, the first Ogiso, wielded much influence and gained popularity as a good ruler. He died after a long reign and was succeeded by Ere, his eldest son. In the 12th century, a great palace intrigue and battle for power erupted between the warrior crown prince Ekaladerhan son of the last Ogiso and his young paternal uncle. In anger over an oracle, Prince Ekaladerhan left the royal court with his warriors. When his old father the Ogiso died, the Ogiso dynasty was ended as the people and royal kingmakers preferred their king's son as natural next in line to rule.

The exiled Prince Ekaladerhan later become Izoduwa or Oduduwa the first Oni in uhe (ile ife). Oranmiyan, grand son of Oduduwa took up his abode in the palace built for him at Usama by the elders (now a coronation shrine). Soon after his arrival he married a beautiful lady, Erinmwinde, daughter of Osa-nego, was the ninth Enogie (Duke) of Ego, by whom he had a son. After some years residence here he called a meeting of the people and renounced his office, remarking that the country was a land of vexation, Ile-Ibinu (by which name the country was afterward known) and that only a child born, trained and educated in the arts and mysteries of the land could reign over the people. He caused his son born to him by Erinmwinde to be made King in his place, and returned to Yoruba land Ile-Ife. After some years in Ife, he left for Oyo, where he also left a son behind on leaving the place, and his son Ajaka ultimately became the first Alafin of Oyo of the present line, while Oranmiyan himself was reigning as Oni of Ife. Therefore, Oranmiyan of Ife, the father of Eweka I, the Oba of Benin, was also the father of Ajaka, the first Alafin of Oyo. Oni of Ife and Alafe of Oyo is a Bini spoken language all the Kings title in Southerner are Edo Language."

So my good friend, if you think that is a lie, edit that Wikipedia page and add facts, don't come on a forum lacking in pedigree to the greatest resource of open-access knowledge on the planet to give your own unverified, ignoble, and ridiculous version.

The Binis (and their King) are superior to the Yorubas (and their many kings). Case closed!

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by basingstoke: 7:48pm On Oct 20, 2016
IVORY2009:

Dor'omo epa.... grin
Ne Edo ghama, ne uselu gha ma.
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by IVORY2009(m): 7:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
basingstoke:
Ne Edo ghama, ne uselu gha ma.

Ebo' elawe egbe' Arhuẹmwonmwan wink
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by youngpojat6944(m): 8:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
If I may ask! Why is the oba covering his mouth?
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by nkemdi89(f): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Vorpal:

Wow.... I hope that sits well with the pre existing wives and wish that would be crown Prince and eventually king a good deal of courage and luck to brave the ill will that may come his way.

His sons may even argue that he benefitted from it but does not want them to benefit from it.
His first son was from a white woman.
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
nkemdi89:
shocked
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
BornStunner1:
THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE OBA EVERY OTHER ONE IS CLEARLY A COUNTERFEIT OBOOY SEE CLASS AND STANDARD!!

NOW ITS OBVIOUS THE BENIN DYNASTY IS FAR SUPERIOR
THAN THAT OF THE COPYCAT southwest

I see the Nysc student Aka ooni in ife came to pay His dues and Respects to the source of his FOREFATHER EKELERHAN AKA ODUDUWA pls ooni don't steal anything or artifact while leaving oo you are free to borrow our culture as you like BUT DONT STEAL ANYTIN I NOR WAN HEAR EVEN IF NA BY MISTAKE. angry

the waysome igbos are claiming bini nowadays ehn.. shameless people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 8:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
I have heard you oga,just like it's a fact that your oduduwa came from the sky, I still try to wonder why he was banished from heaven, and what happened to that chicken that formed the earth but you keep evading my question and delving into other things, now it's Oguola not bronze casters any more,hehehehehehe, that's where y'all got it wrong,when next you want to spread false tales, stick with something that is reasonable to all,not all this your sky stories, and from there you start twisting things,hehehehe, I bet you were there when oduduwa killed the chicken and sacrificed it to ifa after the earth was formed
igbo and bini have same myth just different name
its disgusting how u try to mock a story ur ancestors are guilty of telling.. shameless people
or maybe u weren't aware
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 8:38pm On Oct 20, 2016
Omeny:

Why will u join issues with me when u have non?

You blame Nairaland for this exposure.

I thank Nairaland for giving us Edos opportunity to thoroughly match you pple that are spreading wrong historical facts out there.

Thank you Nairaland.
i hope u know that no scholar takes u clowns seriously. shout from now till a thousand years u are too small to claim oduduwa.. deal with it
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
macof:
igbo and bini have same myth just different name
its disgusting how u try to mock a story ur ancestors are guilty of telling.. shameless people
or maybe u weren't aware
so it's now binis and igbos, afonjas will not sieze to amaze me on this forum, clown sky people, please where did the sky man get his wife from, did she follow him from the sky too?or she was found inside the water that covered the surface of the earth?

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by davibid: 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
Omeny:

Why will u join issues with me when u have non?

You blame Nairaland for this exposure.

I thank Nairaland for giving us Edos opportunity to thoroughly match you pple that are spreading wrong historical facts out there.

Thank you Nairaland.

Enough of the relevance you are seeking by quoting me

I know you will quote me again but its not necessary because you've won whatever it is you're trying to prove

You are happy sha
smiley
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by LordAdam: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
macof:
i hope u know that no scholar takes u clowns seriously. shout from now till a thousand years u are too small to claim oduduwa.. deal with it

Who is claiming?

Oduduwa is from Bini.

FACT.

Or maybe you should read my posts on this thread.

If not for the Bini giving you guys Oduduwa, you guys would have been a bunch of rag-wearing riff-raffs. Because Oyo empire was birthed by a descendant of Oduduwa, and the empire was instrumental for creating a Yoruba hegemony that staved off the Fulani Jihad.

Deal with this fact supported by historians or hang yourself.

-Lord
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by paradigmshift(m): 9:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
nkemdi89:

his son from a white woman was killed spiritually, the Benin kingdom will never allow a foreigner to know their secret .. the son a white woman had for him was the first son but slept and never woke up, the demons n wizard in the palace killed him, the palace is another world on it own and that's why the oba of Benin is respected world wide......obaghatokpere iseeeeeee
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by paradigmshift(m): 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
am happy to be an Edo boy......full blooded Edo .....the ogboni was fully represented, osokpikan , ikpinamen (mami water) ...I love today....
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by TVTKOKO(m): 9:52pm On Oct 20, 2016
LordAdam:

Who is claiming?

Oduduwa is from Bini.

FACT.

If not for the Bini giving you guys Oduduwa, you guys would have been a bunch of rag-wearing riff-raffs. Because Oyo empire was birthed by a descendant of Oduduwa, and the empire was instrumental for creating a Yoruba hegemony that staved off the Fulani Jihad.

I
-Lord
take it easy man.. What's the point? I mean,, whats the point you're tryna prove that makes u insult?
Is it the oduduwa you want Oya take it!
Abi is it oyo empire you want If you want it, come and collect it. But please do not insult the great yoruba race.. at least not from insignificant edos. Peace

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by MabraO: 10:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
I am tired of these Yoruba children that don't know their root

U feed on some concorted stories.

The Oba of Benin even made it clear today in front of the Ooni that their Oduduwa was their banished son Ekaladeran who they were supposed to kill but u stead allowed to wander in the bush till he found himself in uhe(now present day Ife)

There is a question I ll ask u Yoruba folks
How come non of oduduwa's son took after the throne except his Chiefs that was next in line to him which Ogun?

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
so it's now binis and igbos, afonjas will not sieze to amaze me on this forum, clown sky people, please where did the sky man get his wife from, did she follow him from the sky too?or she was found inside the water that covered the surface of the earth?

you are so stupid. instead of retracting your mockery you instead take another turn. it's best you free your mind to learn

For your information
1. the bini also talk of their ancestor forming earth with a sand in a snail shell over the waters, they call that character Idu....so do the igbos. . they call that Eri

2. oduduwa atewonro ajalorun is different from oduduwa Olofin Adimula... the first being an Ebora (a spirit being from the creation of the world) and the later an earthly man from Oke-Ora who became the Olufe... Oduduwa didn't come from bini. . his people are still in Oke-Ora today, and the Ooni of Ife goes to his house to collect his crown during every coronation. .. the crown (although a makeshift, as the original is in Idanre) is presented by Olojudo, a descendant of a relative of oduduwa... people from this part of ife founded my town

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by desire19a: 10:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
BornStunner1:
THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE OBA EVERY OTHER ONE IS CLEARLY A COUNTERFEIT OBOOY SEE CLASS AND STANDARD!!

NOW ITS OBVIOUS THE BENIN DYNASTY IS FAR SUPERIOR
THAN THAT OF THE COPYCAT southwest

I see the Nysc student Aka ooni in ife came to pay His dues and Respects to the source of his FOREFATHER EKELERHAN AKA ODUDUWA pls ooni don't steal anything or artifact while leaving oo you are free to borrow our culture as you like BUT DONT STEAL ANYTIN I NOR WAN HEAR EVEN IF NA BY MISTAKE. angry

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2016
MabraO:
I am tired of these Yoruba children that don't know their root

U feed on some concorted stories.

The Oba of Benin even made it clear today in front of the Ooni that their Oduduwa was their banished son Ekaladeran who they were supposed to kill but u stead allowed to wander in the bush till he found himself in uhe(now present day Ife)

There is a question I ll ask u Yoruba folks
How come non of oduduwa's son took after the throne except his Chiefs that was next in line to him which Ogun?

I wonder why "Uhe" means "source" In Edo language undecided
this Edo people be insulting their "source" or at least the representation of their source

what did you expect from him? to say Ekaladerhan is not oduduwa? is that not going against the bini agenda? agenda that no scholar has ever taken seriously since you guys created the story about 20 years ago

none of Oduduwa's son took over immediately after because they were already out creating dynasties. .. and the family of Obatala had restarted the civil war...they won this time and Obatala's brother Obamakin became the Ooni. ..after some years Oranmiyan returned and all Ooni's have been descended from him ever since

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2016
2dugged:
to think they didn't even bring up some reasonable lie, they had to bring up the sky man and the chicken story, such clowns, I wonder how so called educated people will gladly accept that one sky man and his chicken formed the earth, I just read, and laugh, anyway let them keep waiting for the Oba of Benin in lle ife, we are watching, no need to argue further

idiott! same sky man story that your ancestors are guilty of telling - either you are igbo or Edo. . you have such myth too

Yorubas have their stories extended far, don't blame us for the relative insignificance of your lores

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 11:06pm On Oct 20, 2016
LordAdam:

Who is claiming?

Oduduwa is from Bini.

FACT.

-Lord

grin grin grin grin frustrated he - goat

Have you finished singing praise to the child of oranmiyan? it's not that painful to be ruled by foreigners...just look at the British monarchy. ..they have foreign origin. ..nothing special there
rather than turning yourselves to hateful liars. .cus I insists you folks know it's a lie. ..you know damn well but inferiority complex is a bitchh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 11:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
LordAdam:

Who is claiming?

Oduduwa is from Bini.

FACT.

-Lord

oh and lemme just play your game. cus I will murder you in either scenario

let's say oduduwa is Ekaladerhan

in what part of africa is a banished person claimed by the people who banish him? you sent the nigga away, he was received by better people. .he rejected you henceforth and as he was already banished he stopped being Igodomigodo. ..and as he was accepted into ife. .he started being an Ife man. he didn't become king of ife under Igodomigodo authority unlike the Oba of Benin who became king of bini under Ife authority
...he was buried in Ife like an Ife man but Eweka and all obas before ovoramwen were buried in Ife (as men with ife origin)

it's common sense but modern bini folks seem to have lost that as inferiority complex came barging in

you see smiley either way you lose this supremacy war

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by nkemdi89(f): 11:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
paradigmshift:

his son from a white woman was killed spiritually, the Benin kingdom will never allow a foreigners ner to know their secret .. the son a white woman had for him was the first son but slept and never woke up, the demons n wizard in the palace killed him, the palace is another world on it own and that's why the oba of Benin is respected world wide......obaghatokpere iseeeeeee
At the palace today directly from an insider I was told the son is alive but has been told to maintain his cool, in fact they have remote him.
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Abillsable: 1:05am On Oct 21, 2016
BornStunner1:
FACTS ABOUT THE YORUBAS AKA AFONJAS
( 1 ) . Their story of
kingship began with Edo
prince and the Benin
recorded History .
( 2 ) . Ayayi crawder said,
little were know about
yoruba existence,
meaning they were not
part of Nigeria of today
boarder or were in small
settlement close to
dahomy. yoruba are half
muslims and those with
African traditions copied or got them from Benin
civilization . I doubt if they not immigrants from dahomy
mix with Benins or other fulani- hausa from Niger
. Bishop Samuel Adjayi Crowther (c . 1809 – 31
December 1891 ) Was the first African Anglican bishop
in Nigeria . Born in Osogun (in today's Iseyin Local
Government, Oyo State , Nigeria ) . His grandson was
Herbert Macaulay
( 3 ) . Yoruba have dublicity of kingship with the process
highly politized to being traditional . A system they try
copy from Benin but can 't get it real like the Benin
Kingdom. Edo Obaship is one of the most revered
institutions in the world because of the way it has
sustained its awesome prestige with strict and
meticulous attention to ancient traditions of valour ,
discipline and integrity . Edo chieftaincy titles cannot be
bought or conferred on non- indigenes or frivolously .
Every Edo chief performs a peculiarly sacred duty
and responsibility to the people of Edo. It does not make
sense , therefore , to think that a people who would not
and have never conferred their chieftaincy titles on non-
indigenes, would voluntarily invite , accept, or surrender
to non- indigenes as their kings . Due to celestial
origins , the Edo monarch cannot eat out and cannot be
diverted from full time palace duties to hustle
for contracts .
( 4 ) . Most of today
yoruba religion are
Benin Origin , Olokun ,
Ogun , Iha oguega (ifa ) ,
oronmila, Esago
(shango ) , Ayelala etc .
Many Benin traditions
and spirituality are
stillfully documented by
yorubas in high places
as YORUBA ? (Never mind the Edo man ' s christian
mindset quickly dening Edo have niothing to do with
African traditional religion , agreeing they are foriegn to
Edoland . . . LIE ) .
Although the Great Edo ( Benin ) Kingdom were not major
participants in the trans- Atlantic slave trade , because
the Obas (Kings ) believed that their subjects were too
valuable to sell away , and their noblemen had need of
war captives on their own farms , the influence of Edo
religion and medicine has still been substantial upon
the people of the Americas .
According to Mason (1996 ) , it has been widely
accepted that Olokun ( god of the sea ) worship
originated with the Edo and spread to the Yoruba ( p. 2) .
In fact, the most prominent part of Edo cultural
traditions that has made its mark in the New World is
Olokun worship. Olokun (god of the Waters ) worship
originated from Urhonigbe and then became prominent
at Ughoton around the Ethiope ( Olokun) River . The
priesthood and rituals were firmly established at the
time . Some of the possible points of contact happened
early. During the Ogiso Period , trade with the Yoruba
and Igbos was quite extensive. Olokun worship may
have spread to those areas through traders . Prior to the
Oba Period , Ekaladerhan Izoduwa was initiated into
Olokun as a chief Priest while he stayed at Ughoton ,
before his moving westward with his followers to
establish Ilefe ( Ero , 1999 , p . 108- 109) .
Once he arrived , Ekaladerhan Izoduwa brought Edo
traditions to those areas and was a King of his new
community called Ilefe , which could be what yoruba call
IFE. . From Ekaladerhan Izoduwa ’ s loins , the Yoruba
dynasties may have began. However, it is certain that
Olokun is an Edo divinity whose worship spread to the
outlying Yoruba areas.

And OWIE EDO KPATAKI ME KIN So leave Igbo people of this Cus I AM A FULL BLOODED EDO BOY FROM OGBE cool BENIN!! SO DONT GET IT TWISTED!

BIG FAT LIES.

Olokun is a Yoruba word meaning Owner of the Sea.Okun means sea. You are an olodo,meaning ,owner of zero.Odo has many pronouniations,but in this context it means zero.Olodo.I am a worshipper of Jesus CHrist ,not a follower of queen of the coast,but I dont like lies,hence the need to clarify.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage List In Anambra / The Green Snakes Of Okposi, Ebonyi State / The Wodaabe People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.