Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation (55078 Views)

Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / Ooni Ogunwusi And Silekunola Moronke Naomi's First Outing (Picture) / Ooni Ogunwusi Wears Aare Crown For The First Time (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Tobitrueman(m): 1:33am On Oct 21, 2016
Kenneth205:
Wow! Long Live the King!

Happy Birthday to Me!

Pls bless me with likes! grin

Happy birthday bro, C.E.O .net. I'm a great fan of .com before it was changed to .net and I couldn't get in touch with the first ever website that taught me alot ranging from free browsing e.t.c.

Long live Greatken
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by paradigmshift(m): 4:02am On Oct 21, 2016
nkemdi89:

At the palace today directly from an insider I was told the son is alive but has been told to maintain his cool, in fact they have remote him.

don't be deceived bro, that's a lie from the pit of hell.....he is dead .. that's not a news anymore....am close to the palace bro and I know what's happening there. he is dead long time ago..am sure you don't know the Edo's...
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by achieverme(m): 5:24am On Oct 21, 2016
BornStunner1:
THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE OBA EVERY OTHER ONE IS CLEARLY A COUNTERFEIT OBOOY SEE CLASS AND STANDARD!!

NOW ITS OBVIOUS THE BENIN DYNASTY IS FAR SUPERIOR
THAN THAT OF THE COPYCAT southwest

I see the Nysc student Aka ooni in ife came to pay His dues and Respects to the source of his FOREFATHER EKELERHAN AKA ODUDUWA pls ooni don't steal anything or artifact while leaving oo you are free to borrow our culture as you like BUT DONT STEAL ANYTIN I NOR WAN HEAR EVEN IF NA BY MISTAKE. angry

You are clearly lacking in simple knowledge. It is shameful that headless and brainless people like you have the freedom to utter oral diarrhea on social media. Your thoughtless brain forgot to remind you that ooni is head of all Yoruba oba. He represents oba of Benin's father. Oba of Benin is the eldest son of oduduwa and ooni of Ife represents oduduwa.

You just threw your senses into river niger and start commenting nonsense like someone with decayed brain.

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by tonididdy(m): 5:31am On Oct 21, 2016
Young03:
let me be going der o
free take away like yesterday night
really...what was in the pack?
am not missing the Durban display today by the sokoto horsemen
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by electrokcoi(m): 6:15am On Oct 21, 2016
dangote na here u de and ur truck de kill people any how for road
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2016
macof:

you are so stupid. instead of retracting your mockery you instead take another turn. it's best you free your mind to learn

For your information
1. the bini also talk of their ancestor forming earth with a sand in a snail shell over the waters, they call that character Idu....so do the igbos. . they call that Eri

2. oduduwa atewonro ajalorun is different from oduduwa Olofin Adimula... the first being an Ebora (a spirit being from the creation of the world) and the later an earthly man from Oke-Ora who became the Olufe... Oduduwa didn't come from bini. . his people are still in Oke-Ora today, and the Ooni of Ife goes to his house to collect his crown during every coronation. .. the crown (although a makeshift, as the original is in Idanre) is presented by Olojudo, a descendant of a relative of oduduwa... people from this part of ife founded my town
why are you so pained?, I can see your frustration from they way you have been insulting people in your mentions, can't you atleast be civil?, anyway I am hearing that you yorubas originated from the middle east, and that Oduduwa wasn't a sky man after all,they say he was an Arab man,so says bakirebulmaker grin, i will also advise you to calm down and stop acting like an uncouth savage,insulting people will only make you look stupid
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Skookum(m): 7:24am On Oct 21, 2016
BornStunner1:
FACTS ABOUT THE YORUBAS AKA AFONJAS
( 1 ) . Their story of
kingship began with Edo
prince and the Benin
recorded History .
( 2 ) . Ayayi crawder said,
little were know about
yoruba existence,
meaning they were not
part of Nigeria of today
boarder or were in small
settlement close to
dahomy. yoruba are half
muslims and those with
African traditions copied or got them from Benin
civilization . I doubt if they not immigrants from dahomy
mix with Benins or other fulani- hausa from Niger
. Bishop Samuel Adjayi Crowther (c . 1809 – 31
December 1891 ) Was the first African Anglican bishop
in Nigeria . Born in Osogun (in today's Iseyin Local
Government, Oyo State , Nigeria ) . His grandson was
Herbert Macaulay
( 3 ) . Yoruba have dublicity of kingship with the process
highly politized to being traditional . A system they try
copy from Benin but can 't get it real like the Benin
Kingdom. Edo Obaship is one of the most revered
institutions in the world because of the way it has
sustained its awesome prestige with strict and
meticulous attention to ancient traditions of valour ,
discipline and integrity . Edo chieftaincy titles cannot be
bought or conferred on non- indigenes or frivolously .
Every Edo chief performs a peculiarly sacred duty
and responsibility to the people of Edo. It does not make
sense , therefore , to think that a people who would not
and have never conferred their chieftaincy titles on non-
indigenes, would voluntarily invite , accept, or surrender
to non- indigenes as their kings . Due to celestial
origins , the Edo monarch cannot eat out and cannot be
diverted from full time palace duties to hustle
for contracts .
( 4 ) . Most of today
yoruba religion are
Benin Origin , Olokun ,
Ogun , Iha oguega (ifa ) ,
oronmila, Esago
(shango ) , Ayelala etc .
Many Benin traditions
and spirituality are
stillfully documented by
yorubas in high places
as YORUBA ? (Never mind the Edo man ' s christian
mindset quickly dening Edo have niothing to do with
African traditional religion , agreeing they are foriegn to
Edoland . . . LIE ) .
Although the Great Edo ( Benin ) Kingdom were not major
participants in the trans- Atlantic slave trade , because
the Obas (Kings ) believed that their subjects were too
valuable to sell away , and their noblemen had need of
war captives on their own farms , the influence of Edo
religion and medicine has still been substantial upon
the people of the Americas .
According to Mason (1996 ) , it has been widely
accepted that Olokun ( god of the sea ) worship
originated with the Edo and spread to the Yoruba ( p. 2) .
In fact, the most prominent part of Edo cultural
traditions that has made its mark in the New World is
Olokun worship. Olokun (god of the Waters ) worship
originated from Urhonigbe and then became prominent
at Ughoton around the Ethiope ( Olokun) River . The
priesthood and rituals were firmly established at the
time . Some of the possible points of contact happened
early. During the Ogiso Period , trade with the Yoruba
and Igbos was quite extensive. Olokun worship may
have spread to those areas through traders . Prior to the
Oba Period , Ekaladerhan Izoduwa was initiated into
Olokun as a chief Priest while he stayed at Ughoton ,
before his moving westward with his followers to
establish Ilefe ( Ero , 1999 , p . 108- 109) .
Once he arrived , Ekaladerhan Izoduwa brought Edo
traditions to those areas and was a King of his new
community called Ilefe , which could be what yoruba call
IFE. . From Ekaladerhan Izoduwa ’ s loins , the Yoruba
dynasties may have began. However, it is certain that
Olokun is an Edo divinity whose worship spread to the
outlying Yoruba areas.

And OWIE EDO KPATAKI ME KIN So leave Igbo people of this Cus I AM A FULL BLOODED EDO BOY FROM OGBE cool BENIN!! SO DONT GET IT TWISTED!

Are u done with ur trash.. When u are done kindly go back to ur research nd go through it again. I don't even know who ask d nonsense u typed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by MabraO: 7:46am On Oct 21, 2016
macof:

I wonder why "Uhe" means "source" In Edo language undecided
this Edo people be insulting their "source" or at least the representation of their source

what did you expect from him? to say Ekaladerhan is not oduduwa? is that not going against the bini agenda? agenda that no scholar has ever taken seriously since you guys created the story about 20 years ago

none of Oduduwa's son took over immediately after because they were already out creating dynasties. .. and the family of Obatala had restarted the civil war...they won this time and Obatala's brother Obamakin became the Ooni. ..after some years Oranmiyan returned and all Ooni's have been descended from him ever since

Mind u uhe didn't mean source
It means vagina or virgin or a new beginning

A proposed king being banish found himself in a new kingdom Nd happens to be king in that new kingdom den named it uhe

So ur story about oduduwa being ur first man on earth does not correlate u guys need to find ur root not dome concorted stories

U know y u finding it difficult to believe? Cos u has a way of fabricating things to suit u

The history is there so where it favors u u clinge to it nd where it doesn't u decide to fabricate.

The history of oduduwa i.e. Ekaladeran didn't start 20yeats ago it started around 1170 ce

U guys forgot u had ooni in Ife before oduduwa came

Now tell me wot year did d Oba of Ife started being referred to as ooni
Because kings before oduduwa were referred to as Oba y the tittle ooni nd not d continuation Oba?
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by delman88(m): 7:48am On Oct 21, 2016
BornStunner1:
THE ONE AND ONLY TRUE OBA EVERY OTHER ONE IS CLEARLY A COUNTERFEIT OBOOY SEE CLASS AND STANDARD!!

NOW ITS OBVIOUS THE BENIN DYNASTY IS FAR SUPERIOR
THAN THAT OF THE COPYCAT southwest

I see the Nysc student Aka ooni in ife came to pay His dues and Respects to the source of his FOREFATHER EKELERHAN AKA ODUDUWA pls ooni don't steal anything or artifact while leaving oo you are free to borrow our culture as you like BUT DONT STEAL ANYTIN I NOR WAN HEAR EVEN IF NA BY MISTAKE. angry

You just sick

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by BornStunner1: 7:50am On Oct 21, 2016
delman88:

You just sick

YUR PAPA!!!!
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 7:54am On Oct 21, 2016
2dugged:
why are you so pained?, I can see your frustration from they way you have been insulting people in your mentions, can't you atleast be civil?, anyway I am hearing that you yorubas originated from the middle east, and that Oduduwa wasn't a sky man after all,they say he was an Arab man,so says bakirebulmaker grin, i will also advise you to calm down and stop acting like an uncouth savage,insulting people will only make you look stupid

u mock my people and don't want insult. you're not serious undecided

smh. . didn't u comprehend my post at all? I already told you the name "oduduwa" applies to more than one character in Yoruba traditions. .. reason you hear that oduduwa is a female by some people notably by Ketu(Anago: yorubas in Benin Republik) and Awori people

and actually, yes I'm pained! pained at how a fellow human being can be so stupid as to mock the story of a man coming from the Sky as of your ethnic group doesn't tell the same story. . how you are happy about your stupidity beats me. .. there's just a lot wrong with you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by LordAdam: 8:19am On Oct 21, 2016
TVTKOKO:
take it easy man.. What's the point? I mean,, whats the point you're tryna prove that makes u insult?
Is it the oduduwa you want Oya take it!
Abi is it oyo empire you want If you want it, come and collect it. But please do not insult the great yoruba race.. at least not from insignificant edos. Peace

I respect the Yoruba race. Unfortunately, it seems to be the trait of your kind to belittle all their adversaries.

My response is actually a quid pro quo statement.

The Bini empire at some point conquered Akure, Owo, Eko (present day Lagos, Eko is bini word for "war camp"wink, and several other Yoruba kingdoms. And kept them as vassal states. The Oyo empire even in its might was unable to conquer any Bini village.

They were able to conquer towns in the Dahomey empire tho'. This should give you a hint about the military sagacity and greatness of the Bini people.

On the West of the River Niger, the Bini race would have been a solid rival of the Yoruba people, but for a couple of reasons.

You seem like a reasonable person so I'll entertain you with a brief sociology excerpt.

1. The Bini people only used the waterways for combat, not for trade. So it was the Itsekiri who mediated trade discussions between the Bini and the Europeans, unlike the Yorubas. If Binis did, they'd have been more prosperous and not had the misunderstanding that resulted in the sacking of the Bini empire by the British.

2. The Bini kings were known to be cruel. This mitigated the mass exodus of people from the Bini empire to as far as Bayelsa state (there are Urhobo and Isoko clans in Bayelsa). The Urhobo and Isoko people together constitute the 5th largest twin ethnicity in Nigeria (by some estimates).

3. The Bini empire was not an integrated empire like the Oyo empire. While the Oyo empire brought many clans under the Yoruba hegemony, the Bini empire left their conquered towns and cities to maintain their own heritage, as long as they brought riches and slaves to the throne. Else ethnicities like the Esans would have been integrated under the Bini hegemony.

So, when you talk about the greatness of the Yoruba race, don't forget about the greatness of the Bini race. Together, the two races ruled West of the river Niger for 9000 years and birthed or influenced every other ethnicity around the region.

Therefore, the Yoruba people should have as much respect for the Bini crown as they do the Ife crown and stop the erroneous campaign that the Bini crown is below the Ife crown.

As long as you guys continue to press on with the abominable assertion that the Yorubas are the greatest race west of the Niger, we'll continue to remind you guys that the Binis gave you guys identity.

Better to live and let live or start an e-war you can't possibly win.

-Lord
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by LordAdam: 8:37am On Oct 21, 2016
macof:

oh and lemme just play your game. cus I will murder you in either scenario

let's say oduduwa is Ekaladerhan

in what part of africa is a banished person claimed by the people who banish him? you sent the nigga away, he was received by better people. .he rejected you henceforth and as he was already banished he stopped being Igodomigodo. ..and as he was accepted into ife. .he started being an Ife man. he didn't become king of ife under Igodomigodo authority unlike the Oba of Benin who became king of bini under Ife authority
...he was buried in Ife like an Ife man but Eweka and all obas before ovoramwen were buried in Ife (as men with ife origin)

it's common sense but modern bini folks seem to have lost that as inferiority complex came barging in

you see smiley either way you lose this supremacy war

This is not a game.

Princes get banished all the time. If two princes contested a throne, the losing prince may either be killed or allowed to go on exile.

Even in Europe banished princes became rulers of other kingdoms and ultimately ruled their own kingdom. It was the way of the old.

Don't talk like a crappy student of history. It appears that beyond the folklore you've been entertained, you know nothing about the history and socio-economical relations of people now occupying present day Nigeria before there was a Nigeria in the first place.

Oduduwa started a new dynasty in Ife. It doesn't erase the blood that flows through him. It is Bini blood.

Oranmiya who started the new dynasty in Oyo empire carried Bini blood.

The first Oba of Bini who started the dynasty that eclipsed the dynasty of the Ogisos carried Bini blood. In fact, he had to marry a Bini princess to birth a heir that could have sat on the Bini throne.

Ooni Ogunwusi has Bini blood flowing through him, not Ife blood. You could even say he is not a pure bred Yoruba. He even had to divorce his Yoruba wife and marry a Bini wife immediately he was crowned. His son would be more Bini than Yoruba. The thrones of Ife and Oyo will forever be manned by people of Bini heritage.

Even if I nationalize in the US today, it does not erase the fact that I have Nigerian blood flowing through me.

I wonder how you feel about Bini princes ruling over you, and yet come only to talk trash about the Bini throne.

Now who has an inferiority complex.

The Bini people are proud people and do not let outsiders tell their story for them. Especially not inferiors ruled by princes from Bini.

Now run away you Yoruba scum, your ancestors knew better than to speak this vanity you now hold dear. If you were alive before colonialism and said this shit in even Akure or Eko where the Bini Oba ruled with his might, you would have lost your tongue.

-Lord
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 9:03am On Oct 21, 2016
MabraO:

Mind u uhe didn't mean source
It means vagina or virgin or a new beginning

A proposed king being banish found himself in a new kingdom Nd happens to be king in that new kingdom den named it uhe

So ur story about oduduwa being ur first man on earth does not correlate u guys need to find ur root not dome concorted stories

U know y u finding it difficult to believe? Cos u has a way of fabricating things to suit u

The history is there so where it favors u u clinge to it nd where it doesn't u decide to fabricate.

The history of oduduwa i.e. Ekaladeran didn't start 20yeats ago it started around 1170 ce

U guys forgot u had ooni in Ife before oduduwa came

Now tell me wot year did d Oba of Ife started being referred to as ooni
Because kings before oduduwa were referred to as Oba y the tittle ooni nd not d continuation Oba?

and what is the vagina if not a symbol of origin and source of life?

Lmao you fool yourself bro,

1. You people say Oduduwa named the land "Ilefe" meaning "safe escape" now he also named it "Uhe" meaning "beginning"? pls think, use your head. Uhe and Ile-Ife are two related words describing the same thing from two different languages. .. bini language only recognize "Uhe" nothing like Ilefe which is a cognate with "Ife/Ufe" like "Iha" is cognate with "Ifa" that's the Bini - Yoruba language pattern...Yoruba "f" turns to "h" in Bini language

so please pick one lie. .. either Oduduwa named it Uhe or Ilefe and at least stand by it. .. it is impossible for it to be both

This takes me further;
The bini name "Uhe" actually predates oduduwa. ...he didn't name anything.. Just as the yoruba name "Ufe"(Ife dialectic form) predates oduduwa
This is a testament to the common origin of both Edo and Yoruba people

Uhe means New Beginning
Ufe/Ife means Expansion. .a spreading out
clearly the meanings are connected.. as something spreading out signifies a new beginning

I find it difficult to believe because Ekaladerhan doesn't fit oduduwa's story
the people who connected Ekaladerhan to oduduwa about some years ago didn't know anything about oduduwa... they had read from poorly researched book authors

let's examine it
1. Ekaladerhan left Igodomigodo, Oduduwa had never been linked to the Edo area. ..no yoruba traditions is known as such
2. Ekaladerhan was a healer and bush hunter. ..Oduduwa was a warrior...no yoruba tradition of him healing or hunting
3. Ekaladerhan became ooni Because the Ife people loved him for all the help he rendered in healing and saving them with bush meat (as if Ife people didn't have hunters and herbalists undecided) so they rewarded him by making him king ...Oduduwa wasn't loved, he became Ooni through a war, a war declared by him
4. Igodomigodo chiefs were received by Ekaladerhan and they spoke bini... lmao this is funny. ..obviously this is not Ife traditions for a long time was that the King cannot reveal himself to commoners and certainly not foreigners, he had chiefs to do that, there are 8 high palace officials(Modewa) for that purpose amongst others that could have addressed the people from Igodomigodo ..Oduduwa assumed a Godlike status as king of the city of the Gods. ..he couldn't have received foreigners from Igodomigodo to have a conversation in Bini language with them

these are points I remember from the Ekalederhan story I've read. ..
doesn't fit oduduwa

Ife traditions has it that Oduduwa was from Oke-Ora community at the outskirts of Ife towards Ijesa (north east of Ile-Ife), he was the leader of the people of the Ora Hill. ..and they wanted to join the confederacy of the 13 valley communities(called Ile-Ife) because they needed fertile land and certain resources only the valley had, The valley people refused and He led a war against the people against his idea notably Obatala who was the Prime of Ife as the most powerful of the 13 Obas(yes Oba. ..they went by the title "Oba" making ife the origin of the title)..Oduduwa won the war, unified all Ife and ruled as Olufe (Lord of Ife), which Bini call "Oghene n'Uhe"

Your Ekaladerhan story just miss road

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Omeny: 9:05am On Oct 21, 2016
Pprovost:

Forget about any truth bro, we believe what we want to believe, this argument will not end cool

But wait, is it only Yorubas and Binis that have HISTORY in the south?

No.
But the one of the Binis and Yorubas are the most controversial and full of tension in every discussion.
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Nobody: 9:22am On Oct 21, 2016
macof:

u mock my people and don't want insult. you're not serious undecided

smh. . didn't u comprehend my post at all? I already told you the name "oduduwa" applies to more than one character in Yoruba traditions. .. reason you hear that oduduwa is a female by some people notably by Ketu(Anago: yorubas in Benin Republik) and Awori people

and actually, yes I'm pained! pained at how a fellow human being can be so stupid as to mock the story of a man coming from the Sky as of your ethnic group doesn't tell the same story. . how you are happy about your stupidity beats me. .. there's just a lot wrong with you
mock?,claiming progenity over the Edo people is an insult on its own, anyway your painment changes nothing, since you yorubas claim the entire earth including other continents were covered with water and your sky man ancestors was the first to come down to earth with his favorite chicken can you do us all a favor and kindly tell us where his wife came from, that has been bugging me,did she follow him from the sky or she was a mermaid inside the water, I just want clarifications grin hehehehe, you clowns are actually the stupid ones who choose to believe in one incoherent unreasonable tale, how stupid can one be?,continue in your painment, ekun painment to you grin, people with sky ancestors, sky chicken, and a possible water woman, let me even ask, where did Oduduwa's son get his own wife from,since there were no other people on earth then,don't tell me he married his sister? grin

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by lexyking(m): 9:35am On Oct 21, 2016
LordAdam:

My good friend, when you use the word "FACT" back it up with links or quotes from books, manuscripts, or authorities on the subject.
[color=#006600][/color]thank goodness you are good at fact checking now do us all a favor by kindly telling every one which of the benin artifacts predate that of Ife only then can all this your concocted stories be validated by the way what is the meaning of oba in benin language?
In Ways of the World: A Brief Global History with Sources written by Robert W. Strayer, the venerated historian surmised that the old Bini Empire traces back to the 11th century. So how can you say that Bini kingdom came into being in the 15th century (1440).

Why do you guys like revising history? It is shameful that a learned people would brazenly lie.

Now, please read the Wikipedia entry of the Benin Empire -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benin_Empire.

I understand that anyone can edit that entry. So if you do not agree with the assertions on the page, you can delete it and add your own revisionist version backed with books and facts.

Now, let me post an excerpt from that page for all and sundry to see.

"The original people and founders of the Benin Empire, the Edo people, were initially ruled by the Ogiso (Kings of the Sky) dynasty who called their land Igodomigodo. The rulers or kings were commonly known as Ogiso. Igodo, the first Ogiso, wielded much influence and gained popularity as a good ruler. He died after a long reign and was succeeded by Ere, his eldest son. In the 12th century, a great palace intrigue and battle for power erupted between the warrior crown prince Ekaladerhan son of the last Ogiso and his young paternal uncle. In anger over an oracle, Prince Ekaladerhan left the royal court with his warriors. When his old father the Ogiso died, the Ogiso dynasty was ended as the people and royal kingmakers preferred their king's son as natural next in line to rule.

The exiled Prince Ekaladerhan later become Izoduwa or Oduduwa the first Oni in uhe (ile ife). Oranmiyan, grand son of Oduduwa took up his abode in the palace built for him at Usama by the elders (now a coronation shrine). Soon after his arrival he married a beautiful lady, Erinmwinde, daughter of Osa-nego, was the ninth Enogie (Duke) of Ego, by whom he had a son. After some years residence here he called a meeting of the people and renounced his office, remarking that the country was a land of vexation, Ile-Ibinu (by which name the country was afterward known) and that only a child born, trained and educated in the arts and mysteries of the land could reign over the people. He caused his son born to him by Erinmwinde to be made King in his place, and returned to Yoruba land Ile-Ife. After some years in Ife, he left for Oyo, where he also left a son behind on leaving the place, and his son Ajaka ultimately became the first Alafin of Oyo of the present line, while Oranmiyan himself was reigning as Oni of Ife. Therefore, Oranmiyan of Ife, the father of Eweka I, the Oba of Benin, was also the father of Ajaka, the first Alafin of Oyo. Oni of Ife and Alafe of Oyo is a Bini spoken language all the Kings title in Southerner are Edo Language."

So my good friend, if you think that is a lie, edit that Wikipedia page and add facts, don't come on a forum lacking in pedigree to the greatest resource of open-access knowledge on the planet to give your own unverified, ignoble, and ridiculous version.

The Binis (and their King) are superior to the Yorubas (and their many kings). Case closed!

-Lord
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by TVTKOKO(m): 9:36am On Oct 21, 2016
LordAdam:

I respect the Yoruba race. Unfortunately, it seems to be the trait of your kind to belittle all their adversaries.

My response is actually a quid pro quo statement.

The Bini empire at some point conquered Akure, Owo, Eko (present day Lagos, Eko is bini word for "war camp"wink, and several other Yoruba kingdoms. And kept them as vassal states. The Oyo empire even in its might was unable to conquer any Bini village.

They were able to conquer towns in the Dahomey empire tho'. This should give you a hint about the military sagacity and greatness of the Bini people.

On the West of the River Niger, the Bini race would have been a solid rival of the Yoruba people, but for a couple of reasons.

You seem like a reasonable person so I'll entertain you with a brief sociology excerpt.

1. The Bini people only used the waterways for combat, not for trade. So it was the Itsekiri who mediated trade discussions between the Bini and the Europeans, unlike the Yorubas. If Binis did, they'd have been more prosperous and not had the misunderstanding that resulted in the sacking of the Bini empire by the British.

2. The Bini kings were known to be cruel. This mitigated the mass exodus of people from the Bini empire to as far as Bayelsa state (there are Urhobo and Isoko clans in Bayelsa). The Urhobo and Isoko people together constitute the 5th largest twin ethnicity in Nigeria (by some estimates).

3. The Bini empire was not an integrated empire like the Oyo empire. While the Oyo empire brought many clans under the Yoruba hegemony, the Bini empire left their conquered towns and cities to maintain their own heritage, as long as they brought riches and slaves to the throne. Else ethnicities like the Esans would have been integrated under the Bini hegemony.

So, when you talk about the greatness of the Yoruba race, don't forget about the greatness of the Bini race. Together, the two races ruled West of the river Niger for 9000 years and birthed or influenced every other ethnicity around the region.

Therefore, the Yoruba people should have as much respect for the Bini crown as they do the Ife crown and stop the erroneous campaign that the Bini crown is below the Ife crown.

As long as you guys continue to press on with the abominable assertion that the Yorubas are the greatest race west of the Niger, we'll continue to remind you guys that the Binis gave you guys identity.

Better to live and let live or start an e-war you can't possibly win.

-Lord
but this is the fact,, benin Kingdom was born outta the yoruba empire! Take it or leave it!

2 Likes

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by apatheticme(f): 9:37am On Oct 21, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by apatheticme(f): 9:45am On Oct 21, 2016

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Nobody: 9:54am On Oct 21, 2016
apatheticme:

Ur oba corrected the history yesterday during the coronation, yorubas don't claim progenity over you, but when u people had royal troubles, you sent to an already existing Ife and they responded by sending Oranmiyan to be ur king, hence the yorubas started ruling over Bini Kingdom. That's why omo noba nedo corrected u guys in his speech yesterday dt he wasn't the 39th king but the 40th thereby acknowledging Oranmiyan as the very first king. Stop spreading hatred online, go ask ur elders well, stop hating on the yorubas unnecessarily and don't call a tribe stupid. It's uncalled for. U may be right, u also may be wrong. No be quarrel, teach ur kids love not hatred for the other tribe, we are humans first before tribe divided us. Peace!
nor be quarrel,I think you and your people are the ones actually misinterpretating what.the Oba said,anyway that's what you people do best, so I choose to ignore, and tell your uncouth brother to mind his language,the person I replied with that comment has been insulting people on this thread, guess you were blind to have seen it, abi?,twist it anyway you want, but it's glaring for all to see,read back through this thread and get your self enlightened, and stop all spread falsehood about all this sky this and that,it's an insult on.the intelligence of logical people, I can't imagine telling someone that a man came from the sky, you self, just sit back and reason it out, how does it sound?, Abeg, I am done iron this issue, it's just becoming nauseating
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 10:12am On Oct 21, 2016
LordAdam:

This is not a game.

Princes get banished all the time. If two princes contested a throne, the losing prince may either be killed or allowed to go on exile.

Even in Europe banished princes became rulers of other kingdoms and ultimately ruled their own kingdom. It was the way of the old.

Don't talk like a crappy student of history. It appears that beyond the folklore you've been entertained, you know nothing about the history and socio-economical relations of people now occupying present day Nigeria before there was a Nigeria in the first place.

ok. I don't know anything. . I don't even know what banishment means undecided

Oba of Benin is representative of Eweka.
Ooni is representative of oduduwa

did you get it? how eweka is greater than oduduwa beats me

such nonsense.

When you realize that Eweka had to be authorized from Ife. ..but oduduwa didn't rule with the authority from Igodomigodo maybe when you become smart enough to realize the implications of that you would have something better to say. ..for now you're just full of shiit

Oduduwa started a new dynasty in Ife. It doesn't erase the blood that flows through him. It is Bini blood.

[s]
Oranmiya who started the new dynasty in Oyo empire carried Bini blood.
[/s]

The first Oba of Bini who started the dynasty that eclipsed the dynasty of the Ogisos carried Bini blood. In fact, he had to marry a Bini princess to birth a heir that could have sat on the Bini throne.

[s]
Ooni Ogunwusi has Bini blood flowing through him, not Ife blood. You could even say he is not a pure bred Yoruba. He even had to divorce his Yoruba wife and marry a Bini wife immediately he was crowned. His son would be more Bini than Yoruba. The thrones of Ife and Oyo will forever be manned by people of Bini heritage.
[/s]

Even if I nationalize in the US today, it does not erase the fact that I have Nigerian blood flowing through me.

but how can you convince scholars that Oduduwa has Benin blood? as far as the world is concerned talking about oduduwa is a yoruba duty and no yoruba tradition has it that Oduduwa has Benin blood

what rites were done during the Oba of Benin' s coronation that links with Ekaladerhan? what part of the Oba's praise links with the Ogiso or Ekaladerhan? what part of any Yoruba oba links with Ekaladerhan. ... you need proof dude

not only is this Ekaladerhan story only being heard recently, it is full of things that don't apply to Oduduwa

at least you accept that Oranmiyan was the one who ended ogiso and started the Oba dynasty. And we don't accept the Ooni was started by Ekaladerhan smiley you see how we win smiley

I wonder how you feel about Bini princes ruling over you, and yet come only to talk trash about the Bini throne.

Now who has an inferiority complex.
I really don't care if Somalian princes were ruling... I'm in this for my interest in History.. ehmm you say ruling as if any king in modern Nigeria is really ruling. .. don't think bini kingdom still exists. . it's dead, alongside all the yoruba kingdoms and northern emirates
It's the constitution of Nigeria and the president of Nigeria and the 36 State governors that rule now

actually You have all the inferiority complex. you had to invent a story just to have something to claim over yorubas. .. For Bini kingdom to have been ruled by a line of kings from Ife annoys you. accepting what was true to the bini 200 years ago is now unacceptable to you. .. Inferiority complex smiley cool

The Bini people are proud people and do not let outsiders tell their story for them. Especially not inferiors ruled by princes from Bini.

Now run away you Yoruba scum, your ancestors knew better than to speak this vanity you now hold dear. If you were alive before colonialism and said this shit in even Akure or Eko where the Bini Oba ruled with his might, you would have lost your tongue.

-Lord

grin grin grin grin this is hilarious. so oba of Benin hates truth? your Ekaladerhan story is faulty and can't possibly be about oduduwa simple truth! Ekaladerhan is Ekaladerhan. .. Oduduwa is oduduwa.. Before colonialism nobody ever said Ekaladerhan was oduduwa.
this is a recent invention to help sooth your inferiority complex towards yoruba. You people just realized that you've given Ife a lot of credit which sickens you now. ..it's the Nigerian environment. ..

Before Nigeria, Bini told the world how it's kings are descendants of an Ife Prince. ..nobody heard of Ekaladerhan,

Before Nigeria, Bini told the world that it's bronze casters were taught by an Ife man. .now they deny it

Before Nigeria, Bini told the world that it's kings were traditional authorized by the Ooni of Ife...now saying this is problem grin

And about Oba of Benin ruling with might and all that. .. Akure is not what you should mention... Akure gave you lot the toughest time of your empire's existence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by apatheticme(f): 10:15am On Oct 21, 2016
[quote author=2dugged post=50384547 [/quote]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Nobody: 10:18am On Oct 21, 2016
apatheticme:

Ur mistake is always being too quick to insult the next person. It was a counsel, u could've made ur point without saying I was blind to see something, settle down urself and understand, no one is twisting anything. I don't have to insult ur person before making my point. Meanwhile u have no right whatsoever to say that someone's story is inferior to urs because he dropped from the sky. It is their story, sky or not it's not ur business. U don't have to get antsy proving it wrong. Whatever a tribe clings to as their story, leave them be, face ur own story. Urs have holes too dt people can poke, they just Waka pass and go. Who story epp Is creation story in the Bible perfect? Jesus christ second coming from the sky, is it perfect? Dts life, no tribe, race, person or clime is perfect. Let's eschew tribalism and live in peace, it only takes maturity to understand dis. God bless y'all
and may the gods of my ancestors bless you too grin for your maturity
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 10:23am On Oct 21, 2016
2dugged:
mock?,claiming progenity over the Edo people is an insult on its own, anyway your painment changes nothing, since you yorubas claim the entire earth including other continents were covered with water and your sky man ancestors was the first to come down to earth with his favorite chicken can you do us all a favor and kindly tell us where his wife came from, that has been bugging me,did she follow him from the sky or she was a mermaid inside the water, I just want clarifications grin hehehehe, you clowns are actually the stupid ones who choose to believe in one incoherent unreasonable tale, how stupid can one be?,continue in your painment, ekun painment to you grin, people with sky ancestors, sky chicken, and a possible water woman, let me even ask, where did Oduduwa's son get his own wife from,since there were no other people on earth then,don't tell me he married his sister? grin

grin grin grin this guy was born stuupid

he still didn't understand a thing from my post

why not ask your bini elders where Idu got a wife and all that you're asking about oduduwa atewonro

The Edo version is that, in the beginning, Osanobua (God, Oghene-Osa, decided to populate the world so He asked His four sons in Erinmwin (Heaven) to choose whatever gift of nature each fancied. The oldest chose wealth, the next in age chose wisdom, the third chose mysticism (spiritual energy) and as the youngest was about to announce his choice, Owonwon (the Toucan) cried out to him to settle for a snail shell. This did not make sense to him but he settled for it all the same. The brothers laughed at his stupid choice but Osanobua said it was a wise choice. That when they get to the middle of the water where He was sending them, the youngest son should pour the sand in his snail shell into the water. There was no land only water everywhere and the four sons were in a canoe, sailing, drifting, propelled by the power of eziza (wind). In the middle of the water stood a tree on top of which lived (Owonwon) the toucan. The importance of the emergence of the tree before man on earth is not lost on modern science, which recognizes that without the tree manufacturing oxygen, life on earth would have been impossible. Modern science has also confirmed the Edo cosmology that birds, insects etc, preceded man to earth. The Edo myth of creation was earth based in scope. When the children got to the middle of the water, the youngest son poured his snail shell sand into the water resulting in an explosion from the bottom of the water that forced volumes of sand to gush out of the water and fill up space around them for as far as the eyes could see. With the explosion, the four elements of creation, amen (water), eziza (air), arhen (fire) and oto (sand or land), were in place. Land was everywhere but the kids did not know what it was. They were afraid to climb out of the canoe to step on the land, so they sent the Chameleon to test its firmness. That is why the Chameleon walks with hesitation. The youngest son of Osanobua was the only spirit out of the four sons who could have the physical human body attribute on stepping on the land, because that was the advantage of the physical or material choice he made. It was put in his hand from heaven.

https://newafrikan77./2015/09/17/edo-origin-creation-story-myth-and-history-840-bce-1100-ce-part-1/

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by LordAdam: 11:24am On Oct 21, 2016
macof:
[s] ok. I don't know anything. . I don't even know what banishment means undecided

Oba of Benin is representative of Eweka.
Ooni is representative of oduduwa

did you get it? how eweka is greater than oduduwa beats me

such nonsense.

When you realize that Eweka had to be authorized from Ife. ..but oduduwa didn't rule with the authority from Igodomigodo maybe when you become smart enough to realize the implications of that you would have something better to say. ..for now you're just full of shiit

but how can you convince scholars that Oduduwa has Benin blood? as far as the world is concerned talking about oduduwa is a yoruba duty and no yoruba tradition has it that Oduduwa has Benin blood

what rites were done during the Oba of Benin' s coronation that links with Ekaladerhan? what part of the Oba's praise links with the Ogiso or Ekaladerhan? what part of any Yoruba oba links with Ekaladerhan. ... you need proof dude

not only is this Ekaladerhan story only being heard recently, it is full of things that don't apply to Oduduwa

at least you accept that Oranmiyan was the one who ended ogiso and started the Oba dynasty. And we don't accept the Ooni was started by Ekaladerhan smiley you see how we win smiley

I really don't care if Somalian princes were ruling... I'm in this for my interest in History.. ehmm you say ruling as if any king in modern Nigeria is really ruling. .. don't think bini kingdom still exists. . it's dead, alongside all the yoruba kingdoms and northern emirates
It's the constitution of Nigeria and the president of Nigeria and the 36 State governors that rule now

actually You have all the inferiority complex. you had to invent a story just to have something to claim over yorubas. .. For Bini kingdom to have been ruled by a line of kings from Ife annoys you. accepting what was true to the bini 200 years ago is now unacceptable to you. .. Inferiority complex smiley cool

grin grin grin grin this is hilarious. so oba of Benin hates truth? your Ekaladerhan story is faulty and can't possibly be about oduduwa simple truth! Ekaladerhan is Ekaladerhan. .. Oduduwa is oduduwa.. Before colonialism nobody ever said Ekaladerhan was oduduwa.
this is a recent invention to help sooth your inferiority complex towards yoruba. You people just realized that you've given Ife a lot of credit which sickens you now. ..it's the Nigerian environment. ..

Before Nigeria, Bini told the world how it's kings are descendants of an Ife Prince. ..nobody heard of Ekaladerhan,

Before Nigeria, Bini told the world that it's bronze casters were taught by an Ife man. .now they deny it

Before Nigeria, Bini told the world that it's kings were traditional authorized by the Ooni of Ife...now saying this is problem grin

And about Oba of Benin ruling with might and all that. .. Akure is not what you should mention... Akure gave you lot the toughest time of your empire's existence[/s]

I've said it repeatedly, when you post conjectures as facts, be decent enough to back them up with links, books, manuscripts.

I have backed my assertions with a link (with the page referencing multiple books and resources).

In comparison, all you're typing are words. Ramblings not worth the energy used to type them.

Back them up with resources, and then you'll have my ears.

Until then, keep lying to yourself so you can sleep better at night or feel good about your sorry self..

Ekaladerhan is Oduduwa. Oduduwa is a Bini prince.

Bini princes rule the Yorubas.

-Lord
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by SalomonKane: 11:32am On Oct 21, 2016
sisisioge:

Iseee
When was the last time I told you that you're cute? wink kiss
Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by sisisioge: 11:38am On Oct 21, 2016
SalomonKane:
When was the last time I told you that you're cute? wink kiss

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 21, 2016
macof:

grin grin grin this guy was born stuupid

he still didn't understand a thing from my post

why not ask your bini elders where Idu got a wife and all that you're asking about oduduwa atewonro

if your were not the one born stupid, you should have noticed the f on my moniker, they always say assumptions is for fools, you just demonstrated it,now go and take your drugs, seems your painment is beginning to result to high BP
last bullet,if after reading this you still chose to spread you fake tales, I can't help you,Ogiso Owodo was the last Ogiso. The break came because there was no heir. This is called the interregnum period.
Prince Ekaladerhan was the heir to Owodo. But the Prince's step-mother called Esagho schemed to get him killed. Faking a message from an oracle priest, and claiming that only his death would avert disaster in Benin. Sadly & reluctantly Owodo accepted it, for the welfare of his Kingdom.
But the Isiewmenro (Royal Executioners) who took the prince to the forest to sacrifice could not bear to kill him. They made him swear an Oath never to return to Benin but run for his dear life. He did. He travelled towards Owo (70 miles due North-West of Benin). Then he moved towards a village now called Ife. Ife is also roughly 70 miles West of Owo. So he entered Ife from the East. A prediction Ife people had been given about a ruler coming from the East.
With time back in Benin, Esagho could not produce an heir as she had hoped. Owodo later got suspicious and sent other emissaries to the oraclist. That was when the scam was revealed. But it had become known that Ekaladerhan through divinity was in fact alive but he could not be traced in Owodo's life time. So the crown remained vacant. So Evian (now Ogiamien family) became ruler as the most powerful local chieftain of Igodomigodo (as Benin was called then) but NOT a King.
In the meantime, Ekaladerhan has found fortune in Ife & made king. He exclaimed that "Izoduwa" meaning I have been favoured/achieved my destiny. This became Ododuwa. A similar corruption of name would happen to Ododuwa's grandson in Benin two generations later. The exclamation "Owomika" in Youruba became Eweka I of Benin.
In fact my relative is the duke/chief of the ancient village (actually now part of Benin metropolis) where Eweka made that exclamation in About 1170 AD. In just over a week from now, The Crown Prince will be making a similar exclamation (at exactly same spot as 800 years ago) near my relative's ducal palace. That exclamation is what his Title & name will become for life.
And all his children and descendants will henceforth bear that name as surname. Except his first son who will chose his own regnal name when crowned in the future.
Ekaladerhan was known to be alive already so the search continued for decades. Until he was traced to Ife. He refused to return, having sworn an oath not to. But he sent his son "Omonoyan", basically meaning beloved child. What was called Oranmiyan by Ife people.
Oranmiyan was accompanied by yoruba courtiers including Oloton. Chief Oloton today remains in charge of Royal ancestral shrine. Oranmiyan's son Eweka I restored the monarchy in Ogiso line. Benin people were ready to keep the stool vacant for decades then, just like they did while Ovonramwen was in exile in Calabar for 17 years.
So Ife people came to be very welcome in Benin & seen as our relatives. Even after Oranmiyan left.
Now we all know Yoruba versions of Ododuwa: from coming from the Sky to coming from Mecca. Judge for yourself what is scientifically possible.
Idia was the mother of Oba Esigie. Esigie ruled from 1504 to 1550. Idia was the wife of Oba Ozolua. Both her husband and son go down in history as successful warrior Kings/emperors.
She was a warrior Queen Mother with her own Royal Regiment personally commanded by her at war front. She played a major role in helping Esigie expand the empire. Europeans even accompanied Esigie to wars in Eastern Yorubaland & extolled Benin war tactics including Ifianyako (encirclement) of enemy soldiers.

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2016
LordAdam:

I've said it repeatedly, when you post conjectures as facts, be decent enough to back them up with links, books, manuscripts.

I have backed my assertions with a link (with the page referencing multiple books and resources).

In comparison, all you're typing are words. Ramblings not worth the energy used to type them.

Back them up with resources, and then you'll have my ears.

Until then, keep lying to yourself so you can sleep better at night or feel good about your sorry self..

Ekaladerhan is Oduduwa. Oduduwa is a Bini prince.

Bini princes rule the Yorubas.

-Lord

grin grin he couldn't address a single point

links? first of all I saw no links. .and if links are what you have. . then posting something from websites like Edoworld or edofolks or books telling the Ekalerdahan story is just comedy because they are just claims. ..not facts

I ask for simple evidence ... what can serve as evidence
1. coronation rites connected to Ekaladerhan. either in Bini or yorubaland
2. Ekaladerhan mentioned in the Ancestral praise of any Oba
3. pre-independence reports about the Ekalederhan story

https://books.google.de/books?id=LF43BAAAQBAJ&pg=PA353&lpg=PA353&dq=oke+ora+oduduwa&source=bl&ots=EmuwRwGysl&sig=szyc83-W7D22kHMsM0_QLrNKsU0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwit5M-M-uvPAhWlDMAKHXEGCFkQ6AEIKjAC#v=onepage&q=oke%20ora%20oduduwa&f=false

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by macof(m): 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2016
2dugged:
if your were not the one born stupid, you should have noticed the f on my moniker, they always say assumptions is for fools, you just demonstrated it,now go and take your drugs, seems your painment is beginning to result to high BP
last bullet,if after reading this you still chose to spread you fake tales, I can't help you,Ogiso Owodo was the last Ogiso. The break came because there was no heir. This is called the interregnum period.
Prince Ekaladerhan was the heir to Owodo. But the Prince's step-mother called Esagho schemed to get him killed. Faking a message from an oracle priest, and claiming that only his death would avert disaster in Benin. Sadly & reluctantly Owodo accepted it, for the welfare of his Kingdom.
But the Isiewmenro (Royal Executioners) who took the prince to the forest to sacrifice could not bear to kill him. They made him swear an Oath never to return to Benin but run for his dear life. He did. He travelled towards Owo (70 miles due North-West of Benin). Then he moved towards a village now called Ife. Ife is also roughly 70 miles West of Owo. So he entered Ife from the East. A prediction Ife people had been given about a ruler coming from the East.
With time back in Benin, Esagho could not produce an heir as she had hoped. Owodo later got suspicious and sent other emissaries to the oraclist. That was when the scam was revealed. But it had become known that Ekaladerhan through divinity was in fact alive but he could not be traced in Owodo's life time. So the crown remained vacant. So Evian (now Ogiamien family) became ruler as the most powerful local chieftain of Igodomigodo (as Benin was called then) but NOT a King.
In the meantime, Ekaladerhan has found fortune in Ife & made king. He exclaimed that "Izoduwa" meaning I have been favoured/achieved my destiny. This became Ododuwa. A similar corruption of name would happen to Ododuwa's grandson in Benin two generations later. The exclamation "Owomika" in Youruba became Eweka I of Benin.
In fact my relative is the duke/chief of the ancient village (actually now part of Benin metropolis) where Eweka made that exclamation in About 1170 AD. In just over a week from now, The Crown Prince will be making a similar exclamation (at exactly same spot as 800 years ago) near my relative's ducal palace. That exclamation is what his Title & name will become for life.
And all his children and descendants will henceforth bear that name as surname. Except his first son who will chose his own regnal name when crowned in the future.
Ekaladerhan was known to be alive already so the search continued for decades. Until he was traced to Ife. He refused to return, having sworn an oath not to. But he sent his son "Omonoyan", basically meaning beloved child. What was called Oranmiyan by Ife people.
Oranmiyan was accompanied by yoruba courtiers including Oloton. Chief Oloton today remains in charge of Royal ancestral shrine. Oranmiyan's son Eweka I restored the monarchy in Ogiso line. Benin people were ready to keep the stool vacant for decades then, just like they did while Ovonramwen was in exile in Calabar for 17 years.
So Ife people came to be very welcome in Benin & seen as our relatives. Even after Oranmiyan left.
Now we all know Yoruba versions of Ododuwa: from coming from the Sky to coming from Mecca. Judge for yourself what is scientifically possible.
Idia was the mother of Oba Esigie. Esigie ruled from 1504 to 1550. Idia was the wife of Oba Ozolua. Both her husband and son go down in history as successful warrior Kings/emperors.
She was a warrior Queen Mother with her own Royal Regiment personally commanded by her at war front. She played a major role in helping Esigie expand the empire. Europeans even accompanied Esigie to wars in Eastern Yorubaland & extolled Benin war tactics including Ifianyako (encirclement) of enemy soldiers.

all you say here I've heard before many of which are false especially the omonoyan nonsense. .. gimme fresh stuff that can open my mind

like. ..
1. coronation rites connected to Ekaladerhan
2. Ekaladerhan mentioned in the Ancestral praise of any Oba
3. pre-independence reports about the Ekalederhan story

I'm here to learn if you have anything to teach

I'm convinced you don't tho

about oduduwa coming from the Sky. . again I say u are daft! how many times will I tell you that the name oduduwa applies to different characters in Yoruba traditions
the oduduwa who is also called Ajalorun is a spirit (an Ebora) which is credited with the creation of the world
but we are talking about the oduduwa aka Olofin Adimula here..two different things

1 Like

Re: Dangote, Ooni Ogunwusi, Oyegun At Oba Of Benin's Coronation by mobaking: 3:38pm On Oct 21, 2016
Omeny:

Hahahahaha.

I will not keep quiet oooo.

Oba might have visited Ooni base on historical ties. Outside that, where did you see the Oba in 100bc again?
Lol
The ife,benin and Oyo thrones are linked together by oranmiyan son of Oduduwa.Its no big deal for them t visit themselves.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Traditional Marriage List In Anambra / The Green Snakes Of Okposi, Ebonyi State / The Wodaabe People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.