Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) (99601 Views)

Ooni Reacts To Fire At Palace Of Oba Of Lagos / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by electrokcoi(m): 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
ALAYORMII:

Person mess for the room
u get am

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by 4reala(m): 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
Barney11:
that is good. but why didn't the man marry from his age group(if na Muslim now, yawa for don gas here)
mr Man, do those ladies look like unde 14

2 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by HzRF(m): 5:16pm On Oct 20, 2016
TrapQueen77:
Why they need to cover their mouth? lipsrsealed

Oshomole's face

2 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by electrokcoi(m): 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
for him mind now him be james bond
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by oshiosense(m): 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
Point of correction. The new Oba himself said he is the 40th Oba and not 39th

1 Like

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Inception(m): 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2016
ademusiwa2ii:
[size=28pt]correcting you people. it is not call coronation, it is call Investiture

because I am suppose to do their investiture but I am in canada. Because Osibanjo is not well educated.

He lack the exposure to know what is going on.

He thinks I want to take his job.. So he is business telling lies to everybody, they are business telling everybody that I am in germany, usa, london etc. because osibanjo is not well educated. even while it is his responsible to come and get me in canada, because mr osibanjo is not well education. his head is full of nonsense. He thinks they want to replace him.
osibanjo is suppose to tell the airforce to come and pick me up in canada.

adesegun adekoluejo aderibigbe adeuga ademusiwa
[/size]

grin

Chei! This one don craze grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
TrapQueen77:

It is a dishonor for people to see the king's mouth when he is talking so he has to cover it.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by jahsson(m): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
slimzypink:
wont mind being the 4th tho smiley

Hmmm...
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by klassykute(m): 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2016
bigtt76:
Sharp sharp? shocked

he is th 40th
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by papauju(m): 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
nwasinachi:
those women dey try o. I cant even imagine sharing my man with another woman, and nothing will ever make me sleep with a married man biko, theirs are theirs, while mine is mine
you might end up not getting one alone, there is love in sharing

1 Like

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
atleast they are not underage like some people we know grin

3 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
winj3:
This fool should be setting example for next generation by marrying ONE wife (1 man, 1 wife), instead he is living like his 6th century ancestors sleeping with the entire village and producing uncountable number of children!
these useless backward customs need to be abolished!

Show me me your own king. Ode

TrapQueen77:
Bad belle(s)

Long Live Oba

1 Like

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by DeRay98(m): 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Barney11:
that is good. but why didn't the man marry from his age group(if na Muslim now, yawa for don gas here) why did they cover their nose, is benin people smelling?

Look before you run to comment, can you see that they are covering their mouth and not their nose?
The Oba's and his wives don't open their mouth nor should their teeth be seen in public. Its part of the mystique and awesomeness of the Oba of Benin.

3 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
winj3:
This fool should be setting example for next generation by marrying ONE wife (1 man, 1 wife), instead he is living like his 6th century ancestors sleeping with the entire village and producing uncountable number of children!

The fool is the one who adopts the ways of foreigners and neglects his own. The fool who looks to the west for everything and looks down at his own culture and practices. The fool is the one who tries to speak english with phony accents but cannot speak his own local dialect. He is the one whose descendants will have no identity.

Fela has a song about such fools, it's called Colo mentality

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by queencalipso(f): 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Did he marry the wives today or were they married before the coronation?

Am confused here, someone help me out.
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nickymezor(f): 5:23pm On Oct 20, 2016
All hail the king n his better halves!... I wonder if he remarried one of his father's wives
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Omeny: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
ihimiray:
craze dey ur head, which bloody yoruba man... U people can think so stupidly

I no tell u say them go soon start?

Am beginning to be suspecting them because of their envy and trying by all means to change history.
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
nwasinachi:
those women dey try o. I cant even imagine sharing my man with another woman, and nothing will ever make me sleep with a married man biko, theirs are theirs, while mine is mine
please can I ask for ur hands in marriage
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Badgers14: 5:24pm On Oct 20, 2016
Alegirl:
wetin dey smell?

Your lies grin grin

** runs outta thread***
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by nnokwa042(m): 5:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
bcomputer101:
A yoruba man ruling the great Edo people.

God bless the new King and his queens.
son of ODUDUWA
pls afonja people dont even know the meaning of oduduwa just like they dont know the meaning of Eko which is benin language to show u oba is benin language afonjas has more than 700 hundred obas in every village while benin people ve only one oba in sweeden one king denmark one holland one england one just like benin people,afonjas got deji of akure oloto of otto so how did oba become afonjas word for a king? angry angry angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
nice they arranged dem well..big bigger biggest..i hail the king..the man sabi no wonder na oba e juz arrange 3 square meal...light food in the morning..slightly heavy lunch..and heavy food supper all night long..oba sense wear u...u wear brain like beret!
topstory:
His Royal Highness, Eheneden Erediauwa, has been crowned the 39th Oba of Benin Kingdom succeeding his late father, Omo n' Oba n' Edo Uku Akpolopkolo. The Oba of Benin married 3 beautiful wives.

http://www.ngyab.com/2016/10/20/see-the-beautiful-3-wives-of-the-new-oba-of-benin-photo/

See His beautiful Wives Below..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
slimzypink:
wont mind being the 4th tho smiley
with this ur small body, na die u dey if him land for ur body
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
nwasinachi:

You took the words right out of my mouth.
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by ademusiwa2ii: 5:29pm On Oct 20, 2016
ademusiwa2ii:
[size=28pt]correcting you people. it is not call coronation, it is call Investiture

adesegun adekoluejo aderibigbe adeuga ademusiwa

Emperor of Nigeria.
[/size]
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by peeparty(m): 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
Great oba we hail thee..
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by feedthenation(m): 5:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
The ladies, are they his wives before the coronation or are they accessories to his newly kingship?
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by stagger: 5:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
winj3:

Exactly what about this custom is backward? So the white people who marry and divorce four, five times are the civilized ones? Emancipate yourself from neo-colonialism and mental slavery.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by soulpiano23(m): 5:32pm On Oct 20, 2016
You better go and do something meaningful with your life.
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Kirinwa: 5:34pm On Oct 20, 2016
ChappyChase:

Them no wan miss yern like Bubu grin

Wrong answer. There was a mess. embarassed
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by jossy4joseph(m): 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
The Beautiful wives of my King Oba Ewuare the Second

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by lolamitayo: 5:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
Paradise163:
Someone who has an explanation for this should please quote me
Why do those in Benin kingdom tend to cover their mouth with this white handkerchief ? I've seen this even in movies

Iyore
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Etinosajay(m): 5:39pm On Oct 20, 2016
@topstory

Oba Ewuare II (HRH Eheneden Erediauwa) is the 40th oba of Benin not 39th.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘Mysterious’ Cloth That Fell From The Sky In Ondo: The Truth (Photos) / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba / Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.