Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) (99608 Views)

Ooni Reacts To Fire At Palace Of Oba Of Lagos / Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Oba Ewuare II (photos) / Strange Scenes From Coronation Of Oba In Benin Kingdom. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by discusant: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2016
So becos him be king, dis man go de bang three young women alone, while man pickin no see nothing to bang. and him get courage to show us in public.
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by daroz(m): 8:50pm On Oct 20, 2016
winj3:
This fool should be setting example for next generation by marrying ONE wife (1 man, 1 wife), instead he is living like his 6th century ancestors sleeping with the entire village and producing uncountable number of children!

these useless backward customs need to be abolished!

Your fathers, your fore fathers and all ur entire ancestors and traditional rulers are all fools. Infact, if you or your offspring (if ever you have or will ever have any), if you ever step ur foot in Edo, the Edo/ Benin sand that will touch your leg will become a curse to you and your household, up to your forth generation.

So shall it be..... ise!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2016
shaggyosas:

Have you ever asked yourself where the so called Oduduwa came from. In case you don't know Oduduwa was the exiled prince of the Oba of Benin. That was why when the Edo people needed a King, they came to him. And because he felt a King does not leave the people he ruled over (which at that time was the yorubas), he decided to give them one of his sons. The Edo people have always ruled the yorubas.

When Oduduwa died he didn't request that he be buried in Benin.
When Oranmiyan died he requested that he should be buried in ife, and all the subsequent Oba of Benin until recently had their heads buried in ife.
It doesn't look like Oduduwa came from Benin at all.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Harmoneasy: 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2016
ihimiray:
craze dey ur head, which bloody yoruba man... U people can think so stupidly
oga i tell u na craze really dey hin head some people no go no something yet dem go dey claim say dem know
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by kosasly(m): 8:59pm On Oct 20, 2016
ogbonti:

[b]I can see you are very ignorant. The name Olu of Warri was derived from Oba Olua of Benin, whose first son Prince Iginuwa (I guess you want to say Iginuwa is also yoruba name, LOL) was sent out of the palace because he was despised by the palace chiefs. His Father, Oba Olua was worried Prince Iginuwa may have problems ascending the throne after his demise, OR worse, he may be killed. So to settle the issue, while he was still alive, he had to send him away as the oracle (iha) commanded, to a distant land by the sea. He later became the first Ogiame.. (King of the Sea) Ogie (king) ame (water) because he journeyed to the present day warri via a sea route and the people of Iwere (nor Warri) did not know him, but were mesmerized by his presence and the princely entourage that came with him. So, when he was crowned, he assumed the title of Olua, (His father's name) of Iwere, which was later corrupted to Olu. AFONJAS, PLEASE, DO ME A FAVOR...... FIRSTLY, LEARN HOW TO READ, AND SECONDLY...... SECURE THE RESOURCES TO BUY HISTORY BOOKS AND THIRDLY.... HAVE THE DISCIPLINE TO READ IT AND LASTLY, .... BEG ORISA TO GIVE YOU THE BRAINS TO UNDERSTAND IT... [/b]

your Eko, Lagos that you all celebrate today, the center of yoruba civilization was created by Oba Oguola... he called it Ako (camp) which was later corrupted to Eko. where was your Ooni then when Oba Oguola dominated Lagos? please. At least the geographical evidence of today proves that Lagos is closer to Ife than Benin... DONT BE LAZY, READ YOUR HISTORY BOOK AND PRAY YOU UNDERSTAND AND HAVE THE HUMILITY TO ACCEPT ESTABLISHED TRUTHS ABOUT AFONJA NATION
Edo N'Oba ye!

1 Like

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Phyll247: 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2016
Show am that ignorant yoruba this one broda. This was in the year 1917. No Yoruba so called king bears the name Oba. Only the Oba of Benin does.
daroz:

Your fathers, your fore fathers and all ur entire ancestors and traditional rulers are all fools. Infact, if you or your offspring (if ever you have or will ever have any), the Benin sand that will touch your leg will become a curse to you and your household, up to your forth generation.

So shall it be..... ise!!!!

2 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by shaggyosas(m): 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2016
Aigbofa:

Oranmiyan was the last child of Oduduwa, the Ife king, he was sent to Benin to become the first Oba of Benin after the Ogiso dynasty. He left his son Eweka to ascend the throne and returned to start the Oyo dynasty. This bit of history is accepted by both Yoruba and the Benins.

The only contention is the Ekalederhan story. So, my question is; if the Ekalederhan story is true why did the Benins have to return the head of their dead obas to Ife.
Where is Oduduwa from?
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by shaggyosas(m): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
Phyll247:
Show am that ignorant yoruba this one broda. This was in the year 1917. No Yoruba so called king bears the name Oba. Only the Oba of Benin does.
Thank you
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by buzzcypha(m): 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2016
[quote author=OoniOfIfe post=50366424][/quote] he is the 40th oba, point of correction
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by alphakruiz(m): 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2016
patriotic9jaboy:
Where will he see money to care for three wives and how can he satisfy them sexually

Stupid questi0n.. Bt nevertheless i'll try t0 draw u 0ut 0f that ign0rant state u'r in. In which case u 0ught t0 knw that "R0yalty is wealth" and the 0ba 0f benin is nt just rich in wealth but far bey0und many 0ther things... 0r maybe y0u d0nt kn0w that an 0rdinary palace guard lives a prity c0mfy life nd earns a prity fair wage pr0bably m0re than the average man d0es in a m0nth.. Mayb y0u sh0uld als0 w0nder hw they are being paid..

And as f0r the issue 0f hw he will satisfy his wives "why shud u be the 0ne t0 w0rry abt that? 0r were u the 0ne wh0 helped him impregnant his 3 wives wh0 all nw av children f0r him? Silly child!
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by andreawills96(f): 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2016
Please if you can tell the meaning of oduduwa. In yoruba, will accept if not, hell await you
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by jikanbage: 9:20pm On Oct 20, 2016
[quote author=davibid post=50367770]What a shame! the last two are even young enough to be his children

1 Like

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Efikoroy: 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
topstory:
His Royal Highness, Eheneden Erediauwa, has been crowned the 39th Oba of Benin Kingdom succeeding his late father, Omo n' Oba n' Edo Uku Akpolopkolo.

I am Ibo. This is one tradition I love and cherish so,so much. The Edo people have a very rich tradition which they have maintained over the centuries. Whenever I read there history, I always fill proud that I am in the same geographical enclave with them.
Long live the new Oba!!!
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 20, 2016
Aigbofa:

Oranmiyan was the last child of Oduduwa, the Ife king, he was sent to Benin to become the first Oba of Benin after the Ogiso dynasty. He left his son Eweka to ascend the throne and returned to start the Oyo dynasty. This bit of history is accepted by both Yoruba and the Benins.

The only contention is the Ekalederhan story. So, my question is; if the Ekalederhan story is true why did the Benins have to return the head of their dead obas to Ife.
Imagine going to Netherlands to rule them as a king now, will u know their way of life or how the kingdom is ruled, how decisions are taken and other things pertaining to ruling, the answer is no, mind u, the benins did not return him, he left cos he couldn't understand the binis fully cos he did nt grow here and couldn't rule so he left buh nt before impregnating a bini woman who later gave birth to Oba Eweka

So the current Iba dynasty was borne out of both bini parents and nt yoruba as is often misinterpreted......
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Oct 20, 2016
AuroraB:
Why not hedge it or try ventriloquism undecided

That will be extreme grin
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 20, 2016
peterpen:

Imagine going to Netherlands to rule them as a king now, will u know their way of life or how the kingdom is ruled, how decisions are taken and other things pertaining to ruling, the answer is no, mind u, the benins did not return him, he left cos he couldn't understand the binis fully cos he did nt grow here and couldn't rule so he left buh nt before impregnating a bini woman who later gave birth to Oba Eweka

So the current Iba dynasty was borne out of both bini parents and nt yoruba as is often misinterpreted......

How did you arrive at the conclusion that the current dynasty have benin origins when you agree that Oba Eweka was the child of Oranmiyan, a Yoruba prince from Ile Ife? Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by felle: 9:36pm On Oct 20, 2016
shaggyosas:

Thank you

No Yoruba king bears Oba even in present day. Oba is generic. Yourba Kings have specific titles they are know by. Onni, Alafin, Alake, etc.
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Great504: 9:37pm On Oct 20, 2016
It is tradition. They can no longer talk with any one when they are out or in public. Find out.
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Great504: 9:40pm On Oct 20, 2016
Barney11:
that is good. but why didn't the man marry from his age group(if na Muslim now, yawa for don gas here) why did they cover their nose, is benin people smelling?
.... Who no like better thing make I see?
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 9:43pm On Oct 20, 2016
shaggyosas:

Where is Oduduwa from?

Where is the empirical or even tenuous evidence that he came from Benin? I am even willing for the purpose of this argument to accept that he came from Benin but it still doesn't explain why oba of Benin had to be buried in ife.

1 Like

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by lielbree: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2016
nwasinachi:
those women dey try o. I cant even imagine sharing my man with another woman, and nothing will ever make me sleep with a married man biko, theirs are theirs, while mine is mine
I'm telling you. I wonder all the time now women manage to share their man with others
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by paradigmshift(m): 9:46pm On Oct 20, 2016
if you like turn your history up side down and rewrite it.. the oba of Benin is the greatest King in Nigeria. the world only know three kingdom, Google can help you if you don't know...The oba is fierce and distinguished spiritually and physically....... live long my king......
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 20, 2016
felle:

No Yoruba king bears Oba even in present day. Oba is generic. Yourba Kings have specific titles they are know by. Onni, Alafin, Alake, etc.

How come there was no other Oba in Benin until Oranmiyan? The former kings were referred to as Ogiso not Oba.

1 Like

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by paradigmshift(m): 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2016
lielbree:

I'm telling you. I wonder all the time now women manage to share their man with others

they are not fighting for pussies if Na that be your problem..... each of em are rich as f--k...so they gat no worries.......if you like lock your man inside cupboard...
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by alphakruiz(m): 10:05pm On Oct 20, 2016
vodutive:

The fool is the one who adopts the ways of foreigners and neglects his own. The fool who looks to the west for everything and looks down at his own culture and practices. The fool is the one who tries to speak english with phony accents but cannot speak his own local dialect. He is the one whose descendants will have no identity.

Fela has a song about such fools, it's called Colo mentality

In all ur eff0rt t0 s0und intelligent "its quite unf0rtunate hw u ended up s0undin m0re like the c0mplete ign0rant f00l that y0u are. .. Wat d0 y0u knw abt benin and its traditi0n. Y0u Cursed child!
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Sultty(m): 10:15pm On Oct 20, 2016
Cover your mouth a idiot is approaching
topstory:
His Royal Highness, Eheneden Erediauwa, has been crowned the 39th Oba of Benin Kingdom succeeding his late father, Omo n' Oba n' Edo Uku Akpolopkolo. The Oba of Benin married 3 beautiful wives.

http://www.ngyab.com/2016/10/20/see-the-beautiful-3-wives-of-the-new-oba-of-benin-photo/

See His beautiful Wives Below..

1 Like

Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by alphakruiz(m): 10:21pm On Oct 20, 2016
mordtonia:

You took the words right out of my mouth.

Definitely they is b0und t0 be jeal0usy bt n0t based 0n the fact that they'r sharing 0ne husband mayb f0r 0ther reas0ns.. But Its prity simple nd n0rmal. U'r 0nly thinkin like that c0z u'av nt been exp0sed t0 that way 0f life... I bet ur way 0f reas0ning will change if u find urself priviledged t0 be in such p0siti0n 0f r0yalty!
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Paradise163(f): 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2016
lolamitayo:

Iyore

Oh yea that movie is so interesting, Rita Dominic and Co played their role so well
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Paradise163(f): 10:26pm On Oct 20, 2016
AreaFada2:

I have explained it many times on threads here. Royalty is supposed to maintain neutrality of emotions publicly. Lips, teeth, joy or sadness are not supposed to be seen.

In ancient imperial times, news could be broken that 2000 men have fallen in a battle in such a public gallery. And royals would be expected to show almost no emotion of weakness outwardly.

In ancient times, it also added to the mystic of royalty and the tradition has endured symbolically.

Thanks on your detailed explanation. wink
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Paradise163(f): 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Zellie:
cos its a taboo to see their teeth
Lol funny you
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by Paradise163(f): 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
jaybillionaire:
.nose not mouth. Someone farted, perhaps d queen in the middle

Nairalanders and funny replies
Re: 3 Wives Of Oba Of Benin, Eheneden Erediauwa (Photos) by AreaFada2: 10:28pm On Oct 20, 2016
Paradise163:

Thanks on your detailed explanation. wink

You're welcome.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘Mysterious’ Cloth That Fell From The Sky In Ondo: The Truth (Photos) / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba / Beautiful Names In Efik/ibibio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.