Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) (7519 Views)

Lords Chosen Testimonies: Highway Robber Saved By God (Video, Photos) / 2019 Election Prophecies: Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Cautions Men Of God (Video) / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome To Give $100m To God (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by Seun(m): 12:30pm On Oct 22, 2016
taurus25:
better put "You can believe in God and still accept the evolution theory". Evolution is a fact. you either accept or reject it, you dont BELIEVE in it.
Agreed. Title changed from You Can Believe In Both God And Evolution
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2016
taurus25:
better put "You can believe in God and still accept the evolution theory". Evolution is a fact. you either accept or reject it, you dont BELIEVE in it.

Micro -Evolution a fact , macro-evolution isn't .
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by hahn(m): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

And "God" is still a product of man's imagination undecided

1 Like

Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2016
hahn:

And "God" is still a product of man's imagination undecided

Prove it .

1 Like

Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by CHYMZZY(m): 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2016
People and belief. Believe in whatever thing you like.. Death is eminent..
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by Pidggin(f): 1:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
Damilolababy:
I love nairaland alot... thank you seun for creating dis forum.. I learn a lot from it.....thank you so so much.. am a great fan

Didn't you study biology in School? There is nothing new in what he is saying na, are you looking for fame or fortune cos I don't understand the need for such gratitude.

Read wide dear and try not to be gullible to avoid being a victim of ignorance. God saves, do not buy into lies smiley
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by Ranchhoddas: 1:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
Pidggin:

Didn't you study biology in School? There is nothing new in what he is saying na, are you looking for fame or fortune cos I don't understand the need for such gratitude.

Read wide dear and try not to be gullible to avoid being a victim of ignorance. God saves, do not buy into lies smiley
Chai
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by hahn(m): 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Prove it .

You mean I should prove that something that doesn't exist doesn't exist? undecided

2 Likes

Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by CoolUsername: 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Finally, a chance to post this satire comic. Thank you!

EDIT: Picture didn't show up as I'd 've liked it to. Posting the link instead: http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2703

2 Likes

Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:35pm On Oct 22, 2016
CoolUsername:

Finally, a chance to post this satire comic. Thank you!

EDIT: Picture didn't show up as I'd 've liked it to. Posting the link instead: http://www.smbc-comics.com/?id=2703

Then the bible is true and Jesus is God

Thank You !
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by ashjay001(m): 3:49pm On Oct 22, 2016
VictorRomanov:
Is evolution a proven scientific fact or still a theory? It's called THEORY of evolution for a reason

I tire o
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by ashjay001(m): 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2016
NPComplete:

SMH. This ur statement has been corrected so many times. Google is ur friend.

U guys are funny o( posters below u, inclusive)! How many theories have been disproved?

The reality is, evolution remains a theory. How did that 1st cell, that evolved to become all we see now, come into being?
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by CoolUsername: 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Then the bible is true and Jesus is God

Thank You !

Once again you've murdered logic. I cannot even begin to argue.
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by CoolUsername: 4:00pm On Oct 22, 2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_fact_and_theory?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2301186425

Let's not debate this.

1 Like

Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2016
CoolUsername:

Once again you've murdered logic. I cannot even begin to argue.

Who decides if logic was murdered ? You ? I mean you ? lipsrsealed

I thought you were joking , you really want to compare History and biology as regards to the methodologies that can be used to determine if an evidence is substantial or not undecided
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by NPComplete: 4:10pm On Oct 22, 2016
ashjay001:

U guys are funny o( posters below u, inclusive)! How many theories have been disproved?

The reality is, evolution remains a theory. How did that 1st cell, that evolved to become all we see now, come into being?

U are so ignorant u don't deserve a reply. If u pull ur head out of ur arse for once and read the arguments for why the word "theory" doesn't make something false, u won't still be here spouting garbage.
Secondly, the part in bold betrays ur ignorance. U are completely out of ur depths here. If u don't know enough about evolution to know that that question doesn't even apply then u shouldn't even be in this conversation.

2 Likes

Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by CoolUsername: 4:20pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Who decides if logic was murdered ? You ? I mean you ? lipsrsealed

I thought you were joking , you really want to compare History and biology as regards to the methodologies that can be used to determine if an evidence is substantial or not undecided

Nah, it's just a comic satirizing crappy creationist arguments.

You know, like when they say that God didn't create the stars after light but just regulated in relation to earth and off-the-wall bullsh*t like that. You know the type, right? smiley
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2016
ashjay001:

I doubt you read what the posters below said if you repeat the (quite annoying) mantra : "It's just a theory".

And Evolution deals with prexisting organisms.

The creation likely processes that was involved in the formation of a new cell is another school of study entirely called : Abiogenesis.
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by taurus25(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You'd only find creationists making this claim. Evolution is evolution, biologically theres no relevant difference between macro and micro evolution.

Evolution at both these stages relies on the same, established mechanisms of evolutionary change: mutation.

Macro evolution is simply accumulation of micro evolutions over a LONG period of time.
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by Fadman4real(m): 7:32pm On Oct 22, 2016
GRIMMJOE:
The funny thing is that God created the earth in Aprox a week but,

later had to created rain when he wanted to flood the earth.

And science has proved this to be wrong. Because as long as God created the Sun and Water body,rain will naturally occur through evapration

Where in d bible did God say he created rains, the only part that talked about rains was when he shut the heavens and rain fell. Stop saying what u dont understand
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by Fadman4real(m): 7:36pm On Oct 22, 2016
Seun:

Every thing in science could be wrong, but this has nothing to do with the word "theory". The scientific meaning of "theory" is different from what you think. The thing about evolution is that scientists have been studying it for 147 years. 147 years!! Many religious scientists have been trying to disprove it in all that time, and they have achieved nothing but woeful failure. Instead of disproving it, we've gotten more and more evidence supporting it. Any theory that remains standing after facing so much hostile scrutiny for so long, must be very close to an absolute fact. Imagine a boxer who has been fighting tough opponents for decades and remains undefeated. Would you doubt that he's the strongest?

There is evidence for micro evolution but not macro evolution.
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by ashjay001(m): 11:40pm On Oct 22, 2016
NPComplete:

U are so ignorant u don't deserve a reply. If u pull ur head out of ur arse for once and read the arguments for why the word "theory" doesn't make something false, u won't still be here spouting garbage.
Secondly, the part in bold betrays ur ignorance. U are completely out of ur depths here. If u don't know enough about evolution to know that that question doesn't even apply then u shouldn't even be in this conversation.

Guess i'm ignorant. How abt u? I support, 'theory doesnt make something false', its u guys mantra of attaching ur non-belief to it, that amazes me.

U cant believe in a theory and serve God? Its a 'theory' for chrissake!!?
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by ashjay001(m): 11:44pm On Oct 22, 2016
SirWere:

I doubt you read what the posters below said if you repeat the (quite annoying) mantra : "It's just a theory".

And Evolution deals with prexisting organisms.

The creation likely processes that was involved in the formation of a new cell is another school of study entirely called : Abiogenesis.

As much as u attach ur unbelief to it, it remains a theory, and for it to be real, it shouldnt need Abiogenesis

Evolution shouldnt be selective, why should it?
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by Khaneasy(m): 3:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
Please I want to be part of this website(forum),by me posting news,moderating if needed and more. And anything you have you can give me as my reward, I have experience in website management,I a young teenager (boy) and am ever ready to make this website grow,I would be happy if my request if my request is granted,thanks for accepting my request. This is my number 08107405815
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by namuguibe(m): 2:43am On Oct 25, 2016
I know I can probably research this but I am just curious, what does the Koran say about evolution or what do modern day (progressive) Islamic scholars say about it?
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by Seun(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2016
namuguibe:
I know I can probably research this but I am just curious, what does the Koran say about evolution or what do modern day (progressive) Islamic scholars say about it?
This muslim cleric believes that evolution is true and God is the one who is behind it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLMkCxMvXJs
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by namuguibe(m): 5:58am On Oct 27, 2016
Seun:
This muslim cleric believes that evolution is true and God is the one who is behind it:
Thanks, that is interesting. Though, I noticed he did not offer to explain how "God was behind evolution" because there is no scientific way of rationalizing it. Creationism and evolution are largely considered incompatible. I like you though believe that while being religious (or spiritual) is fine, one should not try to deny evolution or rationalize evolution from a religious point of view because religion is largely based on faith and that cannot be used to validate a scientific concept.
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by UyiIredia(m): 7:59pm On Oct 27, 2016
Well you can believe in God and evolution but that doesn't mean you are right. Evolution is a bogus theory totally lacking in evidence.
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by godwinstringed1(m): 8:22pm On Oct 27, 2016
Seun:
It bothers me when I see religious people making fools of themselves by trying to disprove evolution, because they perceive a conflict between their religious views and the scientific theory. You should know that many Christians and Muslims in developed countries accept evolution as a fact. They believe that God created everything but evolution is the tool that God used to do the work. They see Genesis 1 and 2 as parables that aim to communicate spiritual truths about God's pre-eminence rather than a literal account of how the universe was created.

Theistic evolution, theistic evolutionism, or evolutionary creationism are views that regard religious teachings about God as compatible with modern scientific understanding about biological evolution. Supporters of theistic evolution generally harmonize evolutionary thought with belief in God, rejecting the conflict thesis regarding the relationship between religion and science – they hold that religious teachings about creation and scientific theories of evolution need not contradict each other.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOPJXCDsMLI
Mase gbagbe wipe asiwere so wipe: "ko si Olorun". Gboran! Ki o to peju. Contact me below...whatsapp or live. I love you. HE wants to use you.
Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by Seun(m): 8:46pm On Oct 27, 2016
godwinstringed1:
Mase gbagbe wipe asiwere so wipe: "ko si Olorun". Gboran! Ki o to peju. Contact me below...whatsapp or live. I love you. HE wants to use you.
Ask him to tell you my number since he knows all things and you have a personal relationship with him.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Can Accept Evolution And Still Believe In God (Video) by UyiIredia(m): 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2016
Seun:
Ask him to tell you my number since he knows all things and you have a personal relationship with him.

LOL cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Secret Garden / See what Trump did next with the Jehovah’s Witnesses in their place of Worship / Interesting Conversation Between A Muslim And Christians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.