Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,616 members, 7,823,696 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues (25060 Views)

Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban / Robbery: We Didn’t Review Visa Validity For Nigerians –UAE / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Kenyanstar: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
Kenyan middle income family.......

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Kenyanstar: 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
The person that is leading transformation in kenya.... H.E excellency Uhuru Kenyatta.
1. The president launching the ambitious 10,000km of tarmacked roads in Kenya
2. The president with his deputy Ruto
3. The President eating lunch with locals at a roadside restaurant
4. The President taking the students through a tour his official residence State house.

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Kenyanstar: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
The Deputy president of Kenya William Ruto
All elderly citizens in Kenya enjoy free electricity installation in their households, they only need to apply for connectivity and the power generating company installs. They only pay for consumption only.
1. The Deputy president has swagg and a good fashionista
2. The Deputy president inspecting the construction of a road
3. The Deputy President launching the last mile connectivity electricty supply in a household
4. Launching another electricity supply to a household

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Drlaw(m): 5:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
tuko uhuru tuko sawa, Africans pamoja ni ugufu....

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Godswill90(m): 7:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
Just kenya here....naija don suffer
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Godswill90(m): 8:15pm On Oct 23, 2016
I tire oh
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Ugosample(m): 8:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
Kenya sef want to form levels

No African country should raise shoulder o, because the entire continent is a backward and underdeveloped place.

So no need for boasting or chest beating.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by pendolucks: 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
Mumejaribu kweli.

Kenya is open to all foreiners,more so tourists and business men.
Some nigerians settle in kenya under the disguise of business only to end up doing drugs engaging in online scams and dealing in cheap immorality.Sad reality,you don't have to believe it
but investigate to find out who has been jailed and for what crime.
A good majority occupy downtown cheap houses on arrival and live in groups only to be seen at night.
The bat like activity and loud voices alone distinguishes them from the rest.

ni hayo tu, mimi nimeishia kujenga nchi.

3 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Drlaw(m): 11:16pm On Oct 23, 2016
pendolucks:
Mumejaribu kweli.

Kenya is open to all foreiners,more so tourists and business men.
Some nigerians settle in kenya under the disguise of business only to end up doing drugs engaging in online scams and dealing in cheap immorality.Sad reality,you don't have to believe it
but investigate to find out who has been jailed and for what crime.
A good majority occupy downtown cheap houses on arrival and live in groups only to be seen at night.
The bat like activity and loud voices alone distinguishes them from the rest.

ni hayo tu, mimi nimeishia kujenga nchi.

Kweli, bruda living in group isn't a bad idea from where we were coming from that's naija family orientation but the activities and their engagement if its questionable well the law can take it course , '' The bat like activity and loud voices alone distinguishes them from the rest.'''' anyway I guess its those guys from Malaysia that are constituting all that, the system will separate the wheat from the chaff but without prejudice . that's what we are saying. people that have lived here for long understand that. its very easy to get along with kenyan provided you dont show that ure rich or better than them, keeping it low is just the key. I have stayed in an apartment for like a year 6 months now while i told my landlord i want to quit he was not happy about that nd i am still living peacefully with all of the co-tenant that are kenyan but i make sure there are no Naija around that area. and my brothers check me at home seldomly , because even if we are talking they always feel frighten as if we are fighting, na the code be that and dont argue with kenyans they always feel they know it all, and keeping flirt of girlfriends dey make them para while they are still looking for one and u came from far distance scoping their sister anyhow, you will be blackmail no doubt about that., ..... the word is enough for the wise o!....
pole pole
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by fourthworld: 6:06am On Oct 24, 2016
philip0906:

[size=13pt]I wanted to ignore you but your deliberate attempt at mischief while trying to sound intelligent, is appalling.
The guy you quoted there made some salient points which you chose to ignore and instead went on your mischievous ramblings. I will remind you once more ;
1. Thousands of Nigerians visit Kenya on a monthly basis, and thousands more return without overstaying their visas.
2. 25 Nigerians who overstayed their visas does not and should not be a reference point to tag every other Nigerian in Kenya as people who flout the law.
3. Why are Nigerians being targeted? Last time I was in Kenya, there are thousands of immigrants from neighboring countries doing NOTHING in Kenya, but the tweets deliberately singles out only "25" Nigerians.
[/size]

NO body should get angry at Kenya's immigration. We should direct our anger to the appropriate quarters; The Nigerian Politicians. It is a shame and a curse of the 21st century that a Country that can not measure with us in mineral and human resources, yet are able to utilize the little they have to develop their country to this standard, but we that are blessed with mineral and human resources keep moving in reverse. To me, anybody trying to compare Nigeria with Kenya is insane. Kenya is thousands of miles ahead of Nigeria in all ramifications. Nigeria is Zoo, Nnamdi Kanu is a genius, Zoo is what best describe that Country of 200 million mumus ruled by monkeys and baboons. Shame

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by fourthworld: 6:09am On Oct 24, 2016
philip0906:

[size=13pt]I wanted to ignore you but your deliberate attempt at mischief while trying to sound intelligent, is appalling.
The guy you quoted there made some salient points which you chose to ignore and instead went on your mischievous ramblings. I will remind you once more ;
1. Thousands of Nigerians visit Kenya on a monthly basis, and thousands more return without overstaying their visas.
2. 25 Nigerians who overstayed their visas does not and should not be a reference point to tag every other Nigerian in Kenya as people who flout the law.
3. Why are Nigerians being targeted? Last time I was in Kenya, there are thousands of immigrants from neighboring countries doing NOTHING in Kenya, but the tweets deliberately singles out only "25" Nigerians.
[/size]

NO body should get angry at Kenya's immigration. We should direct our anger to the appropriate quarters; The Nigerian Politicians. It is a shame and a curse of the 21st century that a Country that can not measure with us in mineral and human resources, yet are able to utilize the little they have to develop their country to this standard, but we that are blessed with mineral and human resources keep moving in reverse. To me, anybody trying to compare Nigeria with Kenya is insane. Kenya is thousands of miles ahead of Nigeria in all ramifications. Nigeria is Zoo, Nnamdi Kanu is a genius, Zoo is what best describe that Country of 200 million mumus ruled by monkeys and baboons. Shame
Edum13656:

waoo. .... that's good. but here in Naija we love other Africans and name our streets after them but they hated us out of envy. A Nigerian is never timid. We are bold, loud and strong. Other Africans misconstrue it as arrogance.

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by fourthworld: 6:16am On Oct 24, 2016
Drlaw:

Don't wash your dirty linen outside have u not heard of that before.? Anybody can live any where with one reason or the others , as rich as America and Europe are they not in Nigeria.? The only thing that Bleep all your words up is that "youre not proud of nigeria" u should have then shot up. We are talking of patriotism here as well...

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by ccollins(m): 7:20am On Oct 24, 2016
Ugosample:
Kenya sef want to form levels

No African country should raise shoulder o, because the entire continent is a backward and underdeveloped place.

So no need for boasting or chest beating.
keep deceiving your self,I know you have Never been out this government neglected country. that's why you speak like an illiterate, go to Egypt, south africa, tazania, Ethiopia, stop saying trash, some african countries a are developed
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Kenyanstar: 7:27am On Oct 24, 2016
The Kenyan government has a social program for the elderly citizens where they receive a monthly stipend of pension equivalent to N50,000/= each. It is a program that ensures the elderly in the Kenyan society live a comfortable life.

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Ugosample(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2016
ccollins:
keep deceiving your self,I know you have Never been out this government neglected country. that's why you speak like an illiterate, go to Egypt, south africa, tazania, Ethiopia, stop saying trash, some african countries a are developed

Oga, I have travelled to enough countries in Africa, so don't say you don't know.
Ethiopia that cows will be moving on the street anyhow?
Or South Africa that Zuma is destroying?

You must be a bush man to think that fine buildings and good roads arena sign of development, because if it is by fine buildings, Abuja is one of the most beautiful capital cities in Africa, but that does not mean shit

Where are the solid industries across Africa?
Unemployment rates nko?
What of robust social welfare?
Or solid education, inventions

Which African university comes out with ground breaking research?

I have been to 13 universities across Africa and it is the same story. its not by fine buildings o, it's by substance.

So what are you now talking about

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Kenyanstar: 8:18am On Oct 24, 2016
Ugosample:

Oga, I have travelled to enough countries in Africa, so don't say you don't know.
Ethiopia that cows will be moving on the street anyhow?
Or South Africa that Zuma is destroying?

You must be a bush man to think that fine buildings and good roads arena sign of development, because if it is by fine buildings, Abuja is one of the most beautiful capital cities in Africa, but that does not mean shit

Where are the solid industries across Africa?
Unemployment rates nko?
What of robust social welfare?
Or solid education, inventions

Which African university comes out with ground breaking research?

I have been to 13 universities across Africa and it is the same story. its not by fine buildings o, it's by substance.

So what are you now talking about

Poverty is an international phenomenon and is not limited to certain continents nor countries.... Unemployment, slums and poverty go hand in hand and even the most developed country, America has its fair share of poverty.

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Ugosample(m): 8:23am On Oct 24, 2016
Kenyanstar:

Poverty is an international phenomenon and is not limited to certain continents nor countries.... Unemployment, slums and poverty go hand in hand and even the most developed country, America has its fair share of poverty.

Okay... poverty aside.
What of scientific development?

A country without scientific development should never call itself developed.
Even the natural resources we have as Africans, we can't even extract it ourselves, and someone is saying some countries in Africa is developed?

We should all be ashamed of ourselves
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by MtuMsuper: 8:37am On Oct 24, 2016
Ugosample:

Okay... poverty aside.
What of scientific development?

A country without scientific development should never call itself developed.
Even the natural resources we have as Africans, we can't even extract it ourselves, and someone is saying some countries in Africa is developed?

We should all be ashamed of ourselves
Are you trying to insinuate that we in Kenya have no scientific achievements to speak of?
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Ugosample(m): 8:43am On Oct 24, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Are you trying to insinuate that we in Kenya have no scientific achievements to speak of?

Not just Kenya, the entire continent is lagging behind in that respect.
Fine buildings and good roads are not enough if you want to call yourself a developed country, that is my point.
If any African country calls itself "developed" what should China or Germany call itself?
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by MtuMsuper: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2016
Ugosample:

Fine buildings and good roads are not enough if you want to call yourself a developed country, that is my point.
If any African country calls itself "developed" what should China or Germany call itself?
Kenya has a thriving scientific and engineering community, with innovations and research constantly in everything from agricultural sciences to information technology to medical sciences........ad infinitum.
Our people have gone to school plenty plenty. Did you know this?
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Ugosample(m): 9:39am On Oct 24, 2016
MtuMsuper:

Kenya has a thriving scientific and engineering community, with innovations and research constantly in everything from agricultural sciences to information technology to medical sciences........ad infinitum.
Our people have gone to school plenty plenty. Did you know this?

We also go to school plenty plenty here in Nigeria too, but where is the innovation?
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by MtuMsuper: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2016
Ugosample:

We also go to school plenty plenty here in Nigeria too, but where is the innovation?
As a matter of fact, Kenya is among the leading nations in innovation on the continent :

2 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Kenyanstar: 10:29am On Oct 24, 2016
Ugosample:

Kenya has its own innovative products that have won global awards....

Tele-communacation sector
M-PESA- THis is a mobile banking system that is owned by a company safaricom, which is Kenyan owned and the most profitable telecom firm in East and central Africa. Its innovation has sparked curiosity among IT companies across the globe. It has Incorporated all financial institutions both banking and non banking firms.
Agricultural sector- Agriculture is one of the main Kenyan economic activities. The main areas that are leading in agriculture are poultry and dairy exports. Kenyan research institutions(Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture, Egerton University) have manged to produce certain breeds that are unique to Kenya and its environment. This has facilitated Kenyan farmers to be able to be the top poultry and dairy products to the GULF states and even Dangonte is in the process of establishing a dairy company in Kenya to export to Nigeria powdered milk.

2 Likes

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Coldplay89(m): 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2016
enomakos:
are nigerians the only one living illegal in kenya?
What is wrong with u? I said illegal Nigerians, and by illegal I meant any person living in the country, regardless of their nationality

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by ccollins(m): 9:34am On Oct 26, 2016
Ugosample:

your posts stinks of numerous problems that Nigeria is facing today, Kenya may not be developed but for mere fact of having 24hrs electricity which nigeria cannot achieve as a failed country should shows a huge gap in distance by a mile, common popular subway and good roods ,we don't have, go to maitama, lekki, via those big sides in Nigeria, tell me what's special about them, are they finer than pics we see here.. the rich men living in those high brow areas only know how to build high fences to hide their houses due to poor security in Nigeria.. please swerve to one side.there are African countries doing well than Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Kenyanstar: 10:00am On Oct 26, 2016
ccollins:
your posts stinks of numerous problems that Nigeria is facing today, Kenya may not be developed but for mere fact of having 24hrs electricity which nigeria cannot achieve as a failed country should shows a huge gap in distance by a mile, common popular subway and good roods ,we don't have, go to maitama, lekki, via those big sides in Nigeria, tell me what's special about them, are they finer than pics we see here.. the rich men living in those high brow areas only know how to build high fences to hide their houses due to poor security in Nigeria.. please swerve to one side.there are African countries doing well than Nigeria

The problems with Nigeria and Nigerians is that they still live in utopia and the general lie that they are the giant of Africa.... Let me give you the example of our own Wind Turbine electricity generation in Ngong hills. It produces 25.5 Megawatts of electricity. 1 megawatt of electricity produced by 1 turbine can light 1000 homes. So the ngong hills power supply can power 25,000 homes. Its just that Nigerian leaders are into looting more than helping its citizenry.

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by ccollins(m): 10:59am On Oct 26, 2016
Kenyanstar:

The problems with Nigeria and Nigerians is that they still live in utopia and the general lie that they are the giant of Africa.... Let me give you the example of our own Wind Turbine electricity generation in Ngong hills. It produces 25.5 Megawatts of electricity. 1 megawatt of electricity produced by 1 turbine can light 1000 homes. So the ngong hills power supply can power 25,000 homes. Its just that Nigerian leaders are into looting more than helping its citizenry.
how can I come to Kenya to do a descent work, irrespective of the type, what do kenyas love that is foreign and imported so I can start a business there,also if any work can do there,am a law graduate, thanks in advance
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Ugosample(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2016
ccollins:

??

In terms of infrastructure, yea I agree that some African countries are ahead, but that alone does not qualify a country as a "developed" country.

What is too hard to understand in this?

And besides, how many places have you been to in Nigeria to know that Nigeeia has poor infrasteivture as a whole.

PS
The power problem in Nigeria is shameful tho.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Kenyanstar: 11:29am On Oct 26, 2016
ccollins:
how can I come to Kenya to do a descent work, irrespective of the type, what do kenyas love that is foreign and imported so I can start a business there,also if any work can do there,am a law graduate, thanks in advance

There are many jobs that can be done in Kenya especially in SME (Small medium enterprises)..... basically it involves various business niche and importation of various products especially on electronics and mobile phones and accessories. This are the sectors that have not been fully exploited to its potential. In matters law it will be difficult since you have to be a graduate of the Nairobi school of law in order to be admitted into the bar.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Kenyanstar: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2016
Ugosample:

??

In terms of infrastructure, yea I agree that some African countries are ahead, but that alone does not qualify a country as a "developed" country.

What is too hard to understand in this?

And besides, how many places have you been to in Nigeria to know that Nigeeia has poor infrasteivture as a whole.

PS
The power problem in Nigeria is shameful tho.

NIGERIA- 923,768 sq. km
-The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Raji Fahola (SAN), lamented the poor infrastructural deficit in the country, saying that the country only constructed about 28,980km out of the 193,200km total length of her road network since 55 years of its independence.

KENYA - 581,309 km2 sq km
-According to the Kenya Roads Board, Kenya has 160,886 kilometres of roads. 13,900 kilometres of this are tarmacked. The current administration is doing an ambitious plan of linking its modern SGR railway to its new construction of 8000km of new roads pushing the total road network to over 20,000km.

Despite Nigeria being twice the size of Kenya with a population of 180m it has far fewer tarmacked roads to the ration of Kenya and its population of 45m.

1 Like

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by gallivant: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2016
There is no need for these comparisons. You guys should focus on the topic at hand. It's not just Nigerians, Ethiopians and tens of thousands of Somalis are on the receiving end. Kenya is not a rich country and she cannot afford to host millions of refugees especially our Somali brothers who have refused to integrate into Kenyan society.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by ccollins(m): 4:12pm On Oct 26, 2016
Kenyanstar:

There are many jobs that can be done in Kenya especially in SME (Small medium enterprises)..... basically it involves various business niche and importation of various products especially on electronics and mobile phones and accessories. This are the sectors that have not been fully exploited to its potential. In matters law it will be difficult since you have to be a graduate of the Nairobi school of law in order to be admitted into the bar.
so you mean that engaging in business of electronic s, phones no accessories will bring me a lot of profits, give me a market survey in Nairobi of most needed product u stated before and are they really expensive, like a tv worth 1000$ in Nigeria, if I bring it,would it be highly slighted after with high prices

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100 / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Nigerian ‘Community’ Abroad is Toxic.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.