Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues (25053 Views)

Nigeria Appeals To U.S Over Visa Ban / Robbery: We Didn’t Review Visa Validity For Nigerians –UAE / Christian Pilgrimage: Israel Denies 25 Nigerians Visas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2016
ccollins:
how can I come to Kenya to do a descent work, irrespective of the type, what do kenyas love that is foreign and imported so I can start a business there,also if any work can do there,am a law graduate, thanks in advance
For your legal career :

You would have to go through the Kenya School of Law if you are not yet admitted to the Nigerian Roll, and you'd have to have graduated from a recognised institution ( requirements ). There are Kenyan institutions that provide bridging courses in case you need one. Being from a commonwealth country, the practice has similarities and it's easier than other countries. But you would need permission from the Attorney General to Practice as a foreigner. There are plans to make the admission of foreign practitioners based on reciprocity from by home countries.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
ccollins:
so you mean that engaging in business of electronic s, phones no accessories will bring me a lot of profits, give me a market survey in Nairobi of most needed product u stated before and are they really expensive, like a tv worth 1000$ in Nigeria, if I bring it,would it be highly slighted after with high prices

You should reach out to Nigerians about the ease of engaging in such businesses because the licensing regime here reaches every business establishment. To run your business openly and avoid playing cat and mouse with the officials, you may need to register your business with the Kenyan immigration, the companies registry (you may just register it more cheaply and faster as a business name at your nearest Huduma center ) and pay for the license at the county council. They charge according to the size and type of business, and I suspect the charges are different for foreign businesses. Youll also need a work permit. There are a lot of Chinese running small businesses and they are doing just fine.

A lot of Kenyan imports are from China. Exactly how big is that TV? undecided Some Chinese are also coming in to retail the same, some even hawk phones.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by ccollins(m): 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2016
Muafrika2:

For your legal career :

You would have to go through the Kenya School of Law if you are not yet admitted to the Nigerian Roll, and you'd have to have graduated from a recognised institution ( requirements ). There are Kenyan institutions that provide bridging courses in case you need one. Being from a commonwealth country, the practice has similarities and it's easier than other countries. But you would need permission from the Attorney General to Practice as a foreigner. There are plans to make the admission of foreign practitioners based on reciprocity from by home countries.

what are the steps to go through Kenya school of law and at what estimated cost,. also am planning to complete my call to bar here before I proceed to kenya
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by Nobody: 5:55pm On Oct 26, 2016
ccollins:
what are the steps to go through Kenya school of law and at what estimated cost,. also am planning to complete my call to bar here before I proceed to kenya
Follow the link↑↑↑ . The Advocates Act Limits the Citizenship of people who can be admitted to the Roll though, to East African Countries. Other foreigners are limited to specific matters in the higher courts with permission from AG. I was referring to an earlier position that changed in 2014 above.

There is however a new bill in the works that seeks to allow other foreigners to practice. But on reciprocity basis. It may go through this or next year with modifications. The current law limits practice. Check the Advocates Act (Kenya) s.11 & 12 online.
Re: Over 25 Nigerians Arrested In Kenya Over Visa Validity Issues by ccollins(m): 1:33pm On Nov 02, 2016
Kenyanstar:

There are many jobs that can be done in Kenya especially in SME (Small medium enterprises)..... basically it involves various business niche and importation of various products especially on electronics and mobile phones and accessories. This are the sectors that have not been fully exploited to its potential. In matters law it will be difficult since you have to be a graduate of the Nairobi school of law in order to be admitted into the bar.
please what sectors are new, I plan on applying tourist visa at airport and I have a capital of 700000 -1 million shillings, please which steps do you advice I follow smartly in order to avoid stress from immigration, I am a honest nigerian, just want to start a SME- BUSINESS with profit, before I go back to school, some one even said I should apply at huduma for work and business permit

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

A Final Year Student Of Oscohtech Died From Accident Today (graphic Photos) / Planning Of Relocating From North To The South West. / Sinking Cities That Could Disappear By 2100

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.