Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,844 members, 7,817,493 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) (3114 Views)

Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) / Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) / Miyetti Allah Condemns Killing Of Cows In Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by freeDR(m): 5:23am On Oct 23, 2016
Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigerian (MACBAN) on Saturday said its attention has been drawn to the “unscrupulous action of Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State against our members who are bona fide citizens of the country.”

A statement by its spokesman, Baba Othman Ngelzarma, recalled that Fayose on Thursday inaugurated a vigilante group, Ekiti Grazing Enforcement Marshals (EGEM), popularly called ‘Anti-malu’ “in furtherance of his threat to banish our members from Ekiti State”.

It said Fayose unleashed the marshals “against our members whose herds of cattle had gone to a stream at Agon Bridge on Federal Polytechnic road between the time of 2:00 – 2:30 PM to quench their thirst on Friday 21st October 2016”.

Continuing, the statement sent to DAILY POST reads: “We have been reliably alerted an impeccable source in Ado- Ekiti that the Anti-maul vigilante group shot five cows and carted away with the meat but the herdsman was able to flee with the rest of his cattle.

“We are hereby constrained to implore the federal government through its security agencies to wade into this unprovoked and primitive aggression against our members, before this macabre incident develops into unquenchable inferno involving our members and Ekiti State government.

“No Cattle strayed into anybody’s farmland around that area in question. As such, the actions of the Anti-malu vigilante are not ant only provoking, but capable of creating uncontrollable scenarios whose ramification may go well beyond Ekiti State.

“As far as we know , Ekiti State is not an island of its own , but a State within the federal Republic of Nigeria and while the Governor is permitted to carry out actions geared towards protecting the interest of Ekiti State, such actions should follow the rule of law.

“We deplore this act of brigandage and call on Governor Ayodele Fayose to offer an unreserved apology to MACBAN, and equally set machinery in motion with a view to compensate our members who lost five cows in this primitive adventure.

“That the brutality of the Ekiti Grazing enforcement marshals (popularly known as Anti- malu) on herdsmen is even outside the time stipulated by that law (if the law exists at all).

“The federal overnment should therefore look into the actions and activities of this committee because we cannot fold our hands while the only means of survival of our members is taken away and destroyed.

“MACBAN has instructed victims of this aggression and its members nationwide to exercise maximum restrain while we work towards resolving this unfortunate incident through mature and civilized manners.

MACBAN further sympathized with the government of Kaduna State, Sokapu and entire Kaduna South inhabitants over the recent incident that had claimed so many lives as a result of a discord between our members and communities surrounding Godogodo environ.

“We see this act as an upsolute brutality exhibited by the perpetrators and condemnable in all its ramifications. We call on the security to do all it could to fish out and bring these criminals to book.”

Meanwhile, The Chairman of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association, Sokoto State Chapter, Alhaji Muhammadu Magaji, has warned its members not to graze their livestock on farm lands.
http://dailypost.ng/2016/10/22/fayose-playing-fire-miyetti-allah-warns-killing-cows/?utm_source=dlvr.it_dp1&utm_medium=facebook

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by blackpanda: 5:28am On Oct 23, 2016
I said it here before, but some blocked brains that have stopped functioning were calling me names. Using force against the herdsmen is not a solution. Rather it will only lead to unnecessary bloodshed. The solution is to employ tact and wisdom.

By instituting vigilante to fight them fayose is simply calling for war that he cant win. These herdsmen move at odd hours through forests. Unless the vigilante can be armed at everywhere at all times, they will just be sitting ducks!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by talktonase(m): 5:39am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:
I said it here before, but some blocked brains that have stopped functioning were calling me names. Using force against the herdsmen is not a solution. Rather it will only lead to unnecessary bloodshed. The solution is to employ tact and wisdom.

By instituting vigilante to fight them fayose is simply calling for war that he cant win. These herdsmen move at odd hours through forests. Unless the vigilante can be armed at everywhere at all times, they will just be sitting ducks!
True talk! Bloodshed is imminent in this case! Fayose is very stubborn failing to realise that a large percentage of the cattle rearers are Fulani scattered all over western Africa...fayose wan fight market!

4 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Davash222(m): 5:51am On Oct 23, 2016
talktonase:
True talk! Bloodshed is imminent in this case! Fayose is very stubborn failing to realise that a large percentage of the cattle rearers are Fulani scattered all over western Africa...fayose wan fight market!
blackpanda:

Stop making noise here, both of you. Go to court if you are not satisfied!!!

18 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by ghettowriter(m): 5:56am On Oct 23, 2016
I don't care what ever the anti-malu did to any cow or its owner. You guys sitting here typing thrash have never had your farms grazed by those furkres and their cows. I am a victim of such, so I'm speaking from experience. Those cows will leave the weeds in your farm and eat up any planted crops, especially the freshly germinating ones, and there is nothing you can do about it sad

So if a Governor decides to stand up for his people, kudos to him. Now you all against that better STFU.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by fineboynl(m): 6:01am On Oct 23, 2016
since the federal government keep quiet and instead pushing for grazing reserved and omit ranches idea. the governor will have no other choice than to enforced it law. where were this guys when Kaduna state government outlawed the shai movement? and the persecutions of it members? oh they didn't talk about the right of shitte on federal republic of Nigeria constitution...

fayose should instead empowers his people to ranched cattle's. import foreign breed and subsides it for them in ranches they will end up pay taxes.

cattle's are rare in two to three years for meat in develop countries. by then the Fulani will start behaving themselves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by midolian(m): 6:04am On Oct 23, 2016
Decibel:
@blackpanda, you're the reason why the yorubas are referred as cowards.
Abegi, this has nothing to do with cowardice. This is wisdom! This is diplomacy! It takes people with wisdom to reason like him. In the end, it's the innocents that will suffer..so why not handle it with sense?

It takes a lotta wisdom to kill a fly perching on ones scrotum. You don't use weapons to do that. Think!

5 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by blackpanda: 6:05am On Oct 23, 2016
Davash222:

Stop making nonsense here, both of you. Go to court if you are not satisfied!!!

This has nothing to do with court. Learn to appreciate issues logically not with emotional bias. The herdsmen will not ask for court permission before they attack, neither will the vigilante.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Davash222(m): 6:08am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:

This has nothing to do with court. Learn to appreciate issues logically not with emotional bias. The herdsmen will not ask for court permission before they attack, neither will the vigilante.
Guns were made for war and Religion was made for peace but Religion is now being used for War and Guns being used to enforce peace.
Ponder on these.

10 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Decibel: 6:11am On Oct 23, 2016
midolian:
Abegi, this has nothing to do with cowardice. This is wisdom! This is diplomacy! It takes people with wisdom to reason like him. In the end, it's the innocents that will suffer..so why not handle it with sense?

It takes a lotta wisdom to kill a fly perching on ones scrotum.
I know you will support anything that has to do with Hausa-fulanis reason being a yoruba Muslim. As far as I am concerned Fayose has done something commendable in the eyes of many not the paid agents on social media.

10 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by midolian(m): 6:16am On Oct 23, 2016
Decibel:

I know you will support anything that has to do with Hausa-fulanis reason being a yoruba Muslim. As far as I am concerned Fayose has done something commendable in the eyes of many not the paid agents on social media.
let me put it to you that I am neither yoruba nor Hausa. I just don't know how to have a head/brain without using it.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Decibel: 6:18am On Oct 23, 2016
midolian:
let me put it to you that I am neither yoruba nor Hausa. I just don't know how to have a head/brain without using it.
But you are a muslim who is answerable to the Caliphate, so nothing changed.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Mynd44: 6:21am On Oct 23, 2016
Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by CowHard: 6:31am On Oct 23, 2016
midolian:

You are the one with a very Big head without making use of it.

What was miyetti Allah reaction when herdsmen unleashed havoc in Enugu and Benue states

If there should be war in ekiti then let it be the herdsmen Vs the ekiti state government.

12 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by justmenoni: 6:36am On Oct 23, 2016
Wait till your farm is affected or you lost someone dearly as a result of their menace, why not buy up large expanse of land and then graze your cows there, this will solve any problem right away.

talktonase:

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by justmenoni: 6:39am On Oct 23, 2016
MACBAN further sympathized with the government of Kaduna State, Sokapu and entire Kaduna South inhabitants over the recent incident that had claimed so many lives as a result of a discord between our members and communities surrounding Godogodo environ.

This alone is enough for governor fayose to win the MACBAN and it's members in the court of law, as a governor he's bound to protect his citizens within the rule of law and yes every citizen is free to be anywhere in Nigeria and if this law by governor fayose isn't respected or credible, then alot of laws needs to be eradicated, eg the recent religious law in Kaduna, environmental law of lagos( I remembered when i have to stay for over 2 hours in berger cos it's not legal to move about on an environmental day in lagos.)

1 Like

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by anonimi: 6:51am On Oct 23, 2016
Ebola Owu who is DullardPoo's Advisor Plenipotentiary has already said that governors and LGA Chairmen are responsible and empowered to deal with the herdsmen, so.............

dre11:
Former President Olusegun Obasanjo on Tuesday said it is not the responsibility of President Muhammadu Buhari to address the lingering clashes between herdsmen and farmers.

Obasanjo also decried the increasing level of hunger in the country, stressing that it was sad to note that about 65 per cent of Nigerians were faced with food insecurity.

The former president spoke during the 23rd Annual LAPO Development Forum with the theme, ‘Food Security and Sustainable Agriculture in Nigeria: Challenges and Opportunities’, organised by the Lift Above Poverty Organisation in Abuja.

Obasanjo said, “Some of the words that have been coming from our leaders, particularly from state governors are not helpful! This issue is not a federal issue and another thing, I don’t like about it is that when you talk of Fulani herdsmen, people talk of the President.

“Now because the President of Nigeria is a Fulani man, you expect him to solve the problem immediately, that is not his job. And when people make comments like this, it annoys me.

He noted that during the colonial era, there were grazing reserves in most parts of the North, but wondered what had happened to them.

Obasanjo said, “I need to state that it is the responsibility of local governments to take care of them. Now, states should have even done better, but they haven’t, and then when you have cattle rustling, herdsmen and farmers conflict, you try to make it a national issue. It is not really a national issue.

“For me, the herdsmen are entitled be able to look after their animals but they are not entitled to destroy the crops of the rural farmers, it is unacceptable.”

http://punchng.com/herdsmenfarmers-clashes-not-buharis-responsibilty-obasanjo/

3 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by porka: 6:53am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:

Where have those tact and wisdom been applied before and what are/were the outcome?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Pheals(f): 6:55am On Oct 23, 2016
They should also obey the law pass in ekititi! Is it by force they go to there territory!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by oduastates: 6:56am On Oct 23, 2016
Fayose is on point on this one.
Could care less about political affiliation.
What is true is true.
This miyati Allah is a terrorist group and has been responsible for all the terrorist killings in the middle belt, and south East.
Look at how a supposedly cattle rearing association is talking to a constitutionally authorised government.
Fayose should adequately arm all communities with modern weapon and must be ready to have the last say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by porka: 6:58am On Oct 23, 2016
talktonase:

Oga, Ekiti is not Ilorin. Make a little findings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Qmerit(m): 6:58am On Oct 23, 2016
when i said i foresee war in Ekiti if any cattle is killed by those hunters for seeing them grazing some persons were
asking me how... me i don't know just keep ur finger cross.
Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by anonimi: 7:02am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:

The herdsmen do not need any court permission to attack anyone anywhere since they have express permission and protection to do & undo from their Grand Patron who is our "only saviour".
He had no qualms protecting them when they killed farmers in Oyo state. No wonder he said the herdsmen are from Libya. angry shocked

Firefire:

Mohoomodu Buhari is a tyrant, a BIG bigot and sectional leader.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/11/day-lam-adesina-clashed-with-buhari-marwa-others/

http://thenationonlineng.net/how-lam-prevented-another-civil-war/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3447164_lamadesina_jpeg46ce36a621ebcf1d7aca4f507dd67ab2 ,

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by porka: 7:04am On Oct 23, 2016
Qmerit:
when i said i foresee war in Ekiti if any cattle is killed by those hunters for seeing them grazing some persons were
asking me how... me i don't know just keep ur finger cross.

Ok
Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Nobody: 7:06am On Oct 23, 2016
Take heed while the Sun shine before Stomach infrastructure will turn to something else
Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Young03(m): 7:17am On Oct 23, 2016
miyetti is a coward
their cows have been causing Havocs to peoples farms ,what has he said since?
Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by inkon: 7:24am On Oct 23, 2016
blackpanda:

You ended up not providing any solution for your "tact and wisdom" approach.
Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by ademasta(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by Realjerome200: 7:25am On Oct 23, 2016
The MACBAN should obey the law and stay peaceful. No body has monopoly to violence. Just as they attach more value to their cattles so do the people of Ekiti attach value to their farms. Governor Fayose, I am with you on this.
Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by HtwoOw: 7:29am On Oct 23, 2016
Unfortunately, Fayose won't be the one to suffer the burn when the fire is out of control

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Playing With Fire – Miyetti Allah Warns Over Killing Of Cows(photo) by talktonase(m): 7:42am On Oct 23, 2016
porka:

Oga, Ekiti is not Ilorin. Make a little findings.
of course I am aware of that.It does matter the location,the issue will become a religious crisis that our security outfits cannot curb.

(1) (2)

Just In! First Presidential Candidate To Run 'unopposed' In Nigeria Soon / Biafrexit: See D Offer APC Govs Re Making To IPOB 2drop Agitation For Referendum / Fulani Herdsmen: Read The Reasons Why Gowon Is Silent.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.