Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu (26850 Views)

Buhari Takes Aisha, Children Along For Turkey Trip (Photos) / Aisha Buhari Takes A Walk With Her Grand Daughter (Pictured) / Buhari Takes Water As Osinbajo, Saraki And Chief Justice Take Juice (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by 49cents(m): 10:11am On Oct 23, 2016
FastShipping:

APC must die! It has to die for the country to get back to its feet again. The deceit of Buhari and APC is clear for all to see. Ain't nothing progressive about APC. Buhari only used the real progressives to get to power. Buhari has no plan whatsoever before he came into power. He only wanted to be president just to fulfill his long held ambition.

I was once a staunch APC loyalist. Ain't no more.....

The reverse is more factual: Tinubu used buhari to get into power but naively thought h could use the same HOA gimmick he used for BRF and Ambode f buhari through the NASS!

Do you actually think Saraki and Dogara's emergence wasn't had nothing to with Buhari?
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by mrjangaweed: 10:22am On Oct 23, 2016
[s]
Clerverly:
[s][/s]

See frustration grin grin

Abeg Who Wan Replace Buhari in 2019, Ipob Vandal?
[/s]
shatap

1 Like

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by abibun: 11:17am On Oct 23, 2016
war could only be ended if Faleke could be made Kogi Governor
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Kdon2: 11:26am On Oct 23, 2016
soldierkunle:

http://punchng.com/secret-talks-buhari-takes-steps-end-feud-tinubu/

They better not trust this buharians anymore for their own sake! Consolidating their base remain their best chance now. If they succeeded in distracting them from that goal its going to be a fatal blow on the tinubuites when this deadly cabal strikes. Once beaten twice shy dey say only for the wise o!!!

1 Like

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by pchukwudi: 11:39am On Oct 23, 2016
You are right.

But unfortunately, sticking close to APC is Tinibu's best game at staying relevant at the national level. It's also the shortest way to protect his questionable wealth.

And again, severing ties with APC may mean surrendering his national political status to Saraki as a Yoruba power broker. And guess what: outside APC it seems Saraki has more tremendous potential to unite the Yorubas and connect them effectively with the other tribes and geo political zones.

So abandoning APC at this stage is more likely to translate to a political sucide for Asiwaju, and that's apart from the fact that his wealth is at stake. Thus I'm convinced that he would be more than willing to take much more truckloads of shit from PMB and his invisible cabals.

This is actually why I was not moved by the political abracadabra that's falsely called Aisha Buhari's BBC interviview. To me, it was all a scripted act ochestrated by the "cabal", probably without consulting PMB.

The only reason they are reconsidering Tinubu is because they showed their game plan so early. And rebranding Saraki is sure to cost them major money, political will and a whole lots of compromise on the negotiation table, since the dude (Saraki) no longer has much to lose.

afroniger:
Tinubu would be a mumu to fall for any assurances from Buhari at this point because he will only get used and dumped again, na their way. He should be patient and watch the inevitable disintegration of the useless party. The party has passed the point of no return and Nigerians are already tired of their failure to live up to expectation. APC has no future.

2 Likes

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by ycat: 11:54am On Oct 23, 2016
Tinubu knows not to trust him again. Once bitten twice shy!

2 Likes

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by ivandragon: 12:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
bottom line...

PMB has done his 2019 calculations & realised that he needs BAT.

the SS & SE will not play ball with PMB.

the NC are seeking a new identity outside the one north propaganda & also Saraki wants to make the NC his fiefdom so PMB can't rely on that zone.

the NE want a shot at the presidency & almost any NE politician would seem a better alternative to PMB, so that area is shaky for now...

like the saying goes, a bird in hand is worth two on the forest...

1 Like

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Stricker321: 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2016
ycat:
Tinubu knows not to trust him again. Once bitten twice shy!

Buhari is trying to secure his second term in office. Lolzzzz
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Lightening: 1:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
QuotaSystem:
All the conspiracies of Fayose, FFK, and other disgruntled wailers are crashing right in front of their eyes as PMB and Tinubu mend fences for a more robust, united and winning alliance.

In fact I expect PMB to begin to reward Tinubu massively and empower him to be the undisputed emperor of the SW since that is what his people desire. With Fashola, Fayemi, Aregbesola, Dabiri, Ambode etc firmly behind the Jagaban, APC will simply effortlessly sweep the polls again with Buhari's unshakeable support in the North.

More heartache for wailers as the winning alliance is reinvigorated cool

And you sincerely think it will work? There is never a genuine reconciliation in politics. Buhari is trying to mend fences because it suits him for now perhaps with 2019 in view. The truth remains that he and the cabal hate Tinubu and will not mind killing him politically at the most appropriate time. Time shall tell!
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
Tho i'm no big fan of tinubu, but a river that forgets it's source 'll dry-up! The nomad's lost it from all angles!
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Lightening: 1:32pm On Oct 23, 2016
anonimi:

Very soon.
He should ask Fashola, concerning the fight, struggle and begging of the Asiwaju Asiwere of agberos for his 2nd term in 2010/2011..

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2147911_cymera20150222114530_jpegbb7cc5a3cc7ccee7c2b50b7bb8f36287

If one dares to articulate Tinubu's malfeasance and abuses, it will be in editions. So chill!
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Miles300: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2016
SoNature:
Too much politics, but little or nothing to show for in the area of development. Please when will Buhari start commissioning federal roads? When will these politicians start fixing our collapsing economy?

When shall me start seeing people convicted and imprisoned because of corruption? Did they know that youths can't get decent jobs? Have they been informed that people can't feed once a day?

If they still politick when they are supposed to be developing the country, I wonder what they will do in 2018/2019

Nigeria's version of democracy is just annoying....mtcheewww
u no lie

1 Like

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by liftedjankee(m): 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2016
WHere Is Nigeria?how come that people have reduced themselves to happy salves.talking about personalites than institutions.With these why wonder poverty in the land. Any thing wrong 35 year ruling Nigeria! Enough of this slave master mentality. Primitive acquisition persons idolized invoking yet years of penury
Better think twice before it gets worse than this.
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by liftedjankee(m): 1:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
WHere Is Nigeria?how come that people have reduced themselves to happy salves.talking about personalites than institutions.With these why wonder poverty in the land. Any thing wrong 35 year ruling Nigeria! Enough of this slave master mentality. Primitive acquisition persons idolized invoking yet years of penury
Better think twice before it gets worse than this..
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Biafman: 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2016
afroniger:
Tinubu would be a mumu to fall for any assurances from Buhari at this point because he will only get used and dumped again, na their way. He should be patient and watch the inevitable disintegration of the useless party. The party has passed the point of no return and Nigerians are already tired of their failure to live up to expectation. APC has no future.
Good morning!!!!!!
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by biggy26: 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
QuotaSystem:
All the conspiracies of Fayose, FFK, and other disgruntled wailers are crashing right in front of their eyes as PMB and Tinubu mend fences for a more robust, united and winning alliance.

In fact I expect PMB to begin to reward Tinubu massively and empower him to be the undisputed emperor of the SW since that is what his people desire. With Fashola, Fayemi, Aregbesola, Dabiri, Ambode etc firmly behind the Jagaban, APC will simply effortlessly sweep the polls again with Buhari's unshakeable support in the North.

Even tinubu is smarter than u. U are a political novice obviously. I dare say that tinubu has moved on. Anything he does now is just to hide his plan from pmb and co. He will simply cooperate so they dont suspect him. But he is done!! The damage is too much and it lasted too long.
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by anonimi: 3:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
Lightening:
If one dares to articulate Tinubu's malfeasance and abuses, it will be in editions. So chill!

Do you know why Mr. Clean, I-am-fighting-corruption aka our tenant in Aso Rock is associating with this drug peddler

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1206437_2e8d204456ddaca651c21c258cad334b_jpg2c86cdb1543edff718fbaebc74f4b873

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3089787_capture_jpeg6d0ce43c2e6495dc5ba7597dd3872afd

1 Like

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by QuotaSystem: 3:42pm On Oct 23, 2016
Lightening:

And you sincerely think it will work? There is never a genuine reconciliation in politics. Buhari is trying to mend fences because it suits him for now perhaps with 2019 in view. The truth remains that he and the cabal hate Tinubu and will not mind killing him politically at the most appropriate time. Time shall tell!

biggy26:

Even tinubu is smarter than u. U are a political novice obviously. I dare say that tinubu has moved on. Anything he does now is just to hide his plan from pmb and co. He will simply cooperate so they dont suspect him. But he is done!! The damage is too much and it lasted too long.

I hear you Professor of political science. Well you should realize that politics is all about interests and not emotions or sour grapes.

As long as Tinubus interests are served which was apparently the thrust of the meeting in question, then he will continue to support the government he helped to install to ensure his bread is continually buttered.

That's politics 101.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by farem: 4:27pm On Oct 23, 2016
afroniger:

Buhari and his greedy but irrational kitchen cabinet has realised that with Jagaban, it's not over until it's actually over politically.

Jagaban, so dogged, doesn't mind starting afresh. He has considered Buhari enthronement as a MISADVENTURE - a bad debt. That predisposition throws a spanner into the Kyari and Co's calculation.

Tinubu, the strategist has learned. He has re-learned. He has un-leaened!
Once beaten....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by omolami: 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
I beg you Tinubu please retrace your steps. Buhari and his nor elements only know how to use and dump. You gave apc mosr sw states and now... This nor can never do so. They were unoted is removing Gej from the south. There should be a limit to the use of stick and carrot.

1 Like

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by slivertongue: 5:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
praying they mend fences because only death can stop GMB if he is intersted in 2019 for sure he wil secure atleast half of d votes in 19 northern states and a handful of states in d south. GMB has a cult following in d north and wit political power d rest is beta imagined. tinubu controls only d SW and kant use it to stop d north. d SS and SE are each on dia own making it easy for d north to have a free ride. Mending fences will help tinubu more than it will help GMB. it amounts to inflating tinubu's importance to say he wil stop GMB. dat he played it against GEJ and it woked doesnt mean he can try it wia he has zero influence. he suceed against GEJ because he is southerners wia GEJ a northerner ofcourse he wudnt av suceeded. above all he's antecedent is in d open some of his men are now in command position and sud kno him beta. Peace sud b a win win situation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by ofwest47(m): 5:43pm On Oct 23, 2016
To a medicine man a deceased village is a good village and to a media man bad news is good news.
All you always hear from the media man is sources close to without a concrete information from their write ups, just to sell their papers and for the wailing wailers and haters to have a field day; if one could ask , were they at the meeting at which Buhari and Tinubu were arguing over the trashes these newspapers are publishing or did the paper concerned planted a secret agent at the meeting without Buhari and Tnubu knowing?
All we know today is that the era of investigative journalism are gone and all we have now is speculative journalism just any trash that can make their papers sell not minding the effect on the country's national unity.
Whether the WAILERS like it or not Buhari and Tinubu will lead the nation to the promise land
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Bigii(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
afroniger:

Incorrigible zombie cheesy. Continue living in a fool's paradise, you hear? At this point, even the Northerners are feeling the pinch of Buhari's misrule and fake 'change' and would not mind considering even an Atiku or Kwankwaso. It would hit you people like thunder by the time your Bubu gets booted out and rejected even in his own base due to hunger and hopelessness his administration has inflicted on the nation.

Kwankwanso would have bn the right man for this job.
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Ratello: 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2016
QuotaSystem:

I thought you are smart but I was wrong. cry cry
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Ratello: 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
biggy26:

Free that dude I don't think he knows how politics is run in this Country.
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by ycat: 2:12am On Oct 24, 2016
Of course he will try as a politician. But Tinubu knows better. If you have been following wikileak, it revealed Tinubu's concern about Buhari prior to the 2014 elections, but at the time anyone was better than Gej. Tinubu has plenty of time now to groom and anoint a younger candidate without the extra baggage.
Stricker321:

Buhari is trying to secure his second term in office. Lolzzzz
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by Antoeni(m): 2:52am On Oct 24, 2016
This man already told u Yoruba pple and everyone who cares, ''that he belongs 2 nobody''he made his stand known 4rm day one, Yoruba pple kpele get dat into ur head and wake up tongue
Re: After Secret Talks: Buhari Takes Steps To End Feud With Tinubu by QuotaSystem: 5:48am On Oct 24, 2016
Ratello:

I thought you are smart but I was wrong. cry cry

Ratello:

Free that dude I don't think he knows how politics is run in this Country.

Not everything is at face value my friend.

The politics behind that post evidently flew over your head so I'm not surprised.

You will learn.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sunusi-Gate: Magu Arrives Kano, Meets Kano Anti Corruption Boss In Closed Door / Saraki, Bill Gates And Aliko Dangote Pictured Together / Michael Olawale-Cole Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.