Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,662 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

The Club a story - #nlwriters - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Club a story - #nlwriters (108688 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
Happy Sunday to all Club fans

just putting the finishing touches to the next update.

It should drop soon

**as she sips her tea***

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 12:05pm On Dec 04, 2016
cc swann, Adesina12, iykekelvins, jagugu88li, Creeza, bibijay123, Nmaglit
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 12:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
Hikmaking i see you o

happy sunday
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Hikmaking(f): 12:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lleigh:
Hikmaking i see you o

happy sunday
I jes say make I Google an update o...make I hide grin grin meself wan drink tea o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Creeza(m): 12:15pm On Dec 04, 2016
Waiting
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 1:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
Chapter 29

Dr Tanaka quickly rushed over to where Bayo was lying on the floor and checked his pulse, it was beating strong and steady. He carefully turned Bayo over, to make sure that he was lying on his back, it was the position he needed him to be in. He needed to check his wound, there was a cut that had opened just above his temple and ended on his eyebrow, it looked like a superficial head wound but he wanted to get him on a bed asap, to help confirm or contradict his initial assessment.

Bayo tried to get up, ‘I am fine. I don’t need a stretcher’.

Dr Tanaka put a hand on his shoulder, ‘please let us do this the right way’ he implored.

Bayo laid back down on the floor, it was obvious to everyone that he was weak.

Dr Tanaka shouted ‘get me a stretcher and a trauma kit’ to one of the nurses hovering around the waiting room.

The nurse came back a minute later with a stretcher and a porter in tow, they carefully placed Bayo on the stretcher and moved him into room ten, which was the nearest bed to the waiting room at that point.

The trauma kit was placed on the table by the nurse, as Dr Tanaka started to take a close look at Bayo’s head wound.
‘It a nasty head wound and will require stitches, but I just need to ensure he does not have concussion’ Dr Tanaka said, as he ripped opened some more sterile wipes to use on the wound.

The room was silent as Remi and Yomi stood silently watching as Dr Tanaka started stitching Bayo’s wound.

Bayo was wincing in pain, but was silent.

Sam was muttering on her bed.

Dr Tanaka looked up from the stitching he was doing, ‘she is ok, she has been muttering a lot’ he said.

‘Come on Ibukun we really have to go, your dad is waiting for you’ they heard her mutter in the silent room.

Dr Tanaka looked at Yomi, ‘does Sam have any children’ he asked Yomi.

Yomi was staring at Sam with a strange expression on his face.

‘No’ he replied, turning his attention back to Bayo on the bed.

‘Is he going to be ok?’ Yomi asked, the concern obvious in his voice.

‘Yes, he is also dehydrated so will give him an IV and after that he should be fine’ Dr Tanaka replied.

He finished stitching up Bayo and pressed the buzzer for the nurses’ station and asked the nurse to bring in an IV for Bayo.

Dr Tanaka then beckoned Yomi and Remi over. Remi noticed that he had that sombre look on his face again.

He turned to Yomi, as he lowered his voice, 'as her brother I need to give you the prognosis of Sam’s injuries.'

Remi was about to leave as this was a private family conversation, Yomi’s arm on his shoulder told him to stay.

‘Where are you taking her from here? I mean which medical facility?’ Dr Tanaka asked looking at Yomi.

‘We are taking her to New York, the hospital where she trained are waiting for her, Mount Sinai, and her insurance company has sorted out all the details. We have a medical plane on standby.’ Yomi replied.

‘Great news that is an excellent hospital’ Dr Tanaka replied, as a visible weight seemed to lift off his shoulders.

‘She has amnesia…….’ Dr Tanaka said

‘Remi come and speak to Ibukun o, she won’t leave these dolphins. Tell her we will bring her back to see them’ they heard her mutter.

Remi’s blood went cold, his heart started pumping faster than it should, it was a very eerie moment, it felt like a ghost touched him, as the words of the man he had seen earlier manifested clearly in his head, as if the man was standing next to him……. nothing is coincidence……

‘She has amnesia, we hope it is short term.’ Dr Tanaka continued, from the brief interruption.

‘She has been speaking a lot about a girl, I don’t know if she has a sister or something? We don’t know how long the amnesia will last for, but we are hoping for the best, Sam has been very resilient, her breathing is strong as well as her other vitals. Unfortunately due to the trauma she suffered, there is a 99.9% chance that Sam will never be able to have children. I am really sorry.'

Dr Tanaka eyes turned to Sam as he said that last sentence.

Yomi put his hand on the Dr’s shoulder.

‘Thank you Dr for all you have done for her, we have challenges ahead but she is alive.’

‘I will keep you informed of her progress’ Yomi said.

‘But please ensure you get a second opinion when you get to America. The body has a strange way sometimes of dealing with trauma.’ Dr Tanaka said.

‘I will liaise with the hospital in America regarding the best approach for her flight, I want to sedate her. As whoever this child is, that she keeps talking about, that child is raising her blood pressure. If she is asleep she won’t get too agitated.’

Dr Tanaka walked out of the room and left Remi and Yomi alone with Bayo and Sam.

Remi stood by the door and watched as Yomi walked over to Bayo where he was lying in the bed. ‘You’re such a girl’s blouse you know’ he said, as he punched him lightly on the shoulder.

Remi saw Bayo’s lips twitch with a smile at Yomi’s words.

Yomi then moved over to Sam’s bed and pulled the chair next to the bed and held one of her hands in his, he heard him singing to her and he could swear he saw the ghost of a smile on Sam’s lips.

Yomi got up and signalled Remi that they should move out of the room.

‘This is what we are going to do, I will go with Sam to NY on the medical plane. Please can you stay with Bayo? He should be discharged tomorrow morning, the two of you should go back to Lagos. I will let you know once we get to NY how long they want to keep her in there for. They will want to run a lot of neurological tests and I want them to check her again’ he said, as he raked his hands though his knotted afro.

‘I promise to keep you in the loop, she also has two mothers that I have to deal with’ he sighed, as he rolled his eyes, a slight smile on his face.

‘Can you imagine what they have put me through for the last seven days? I am just glad that I am going home to tell them she is alive and well’
‘They can then sort out between themselves how they are going to take care of her, phew. That’s better than what we were initially facing.’ Yomi continued.

‘You also need to go back to work Remi, you can’t be off for too long’ Yomi said.

Yomi walked out of the room to get the wheels in motion to move Sam and also to speak to his friends who were waiting for him in the meeting room.

Remi went to sit in the chair just vacated by Yomi that was between Sam and Bayo’s bed.

Remi initially wanted to argue, but he knew what Yomi proposed was the correct plan of action, he would sit with Bayo. He would use the time to book a return flight, catch up on work and speak to Mercy.

He checked his phone to see if she had sent him another message, he had a plethora of text messages, WhatsApp messages, emails, and a whole lot more awaiting his attention.

He was about to open Mercy’s last text, when Bayo asked for a glass of water and complained that he had a very severe headache.

13 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nmaglit: 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
I Dey wait

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 1:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
It has dropped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by iykekelvins(m): 2:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
Won't be able to have a child again shocked
This part would have jagugu88li smiling grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Creeza(m): 2:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
So Ibukun is Remi's daughter to be.

If am correct. Sam's state is not Amnesia as the doctor diagnosed. She cant see things that has not happened yet or even talk about them to begin with. Well time will tell.

Its no surprise she wont have babies : Mercy already did her the favour grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 04, 2016
iykekelvins:

yeah grin.....and Bayo is in pain, even if its temporal. Better this than walking scot free.

The poster below the poster below me will come and spoil this moment by feeling sorry for Sam.....sighs

Chop knuckle Creeza grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Creeza(m): 2:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
Jagugu88li, lets drink to that one #team mercy, and please I hope you stll got good blood towards me.

DummyLOLA shouldnt come in between us , except you want her to tempt me too. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Creeza(m): 2:43pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lleigh nice update. You are still the queen of description- wish I had that skill too. *winks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 3:16pm On Dec 04, 2016
iykekelvins:

Thanks for stopping by iykekelvins. ....

Where is the Christmas spirit
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 3:18pm On Dec 04, 2016
Creeza:
So Ibukun is Remi's daughter to be.

If am correct. Sam's state is not Amnesia as the doctor diagnosed. She cant see things that has not happened yet or even talk about them to begin with. Well time will tell.

Its no surprise she wont have babies : Mercy already did her the favour grin

Creeza how are you? Let's see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 3:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
jagugu88li:
yeah grin.....and Bayo is in pain, even if its temporal. Better this than walking scot free.

The poster below the poster below me will come and spoil this moment by feeling sorry for Sam.....sighs

Chop knuckle Creeza grin

Jagugu88li have mercy... wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Creeza(m): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
My eyes are vigilant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 3:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
Creeza:
Lleigh nice update. You are still the queen of description- wish I had that skill too. *winks

Thank you Creeza
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2016
bibijay123:
Lleigh

It has been updated bibijay123

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by bibijay123(f): 4:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
At least Sam is alive, every other thing is secondary. Happy Sunday Lleigh, weldone kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by iykekelvins(m): 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2016
jagugu88li:

Chop knuckle Creeza grin
Lmao! Evil someborry grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by iykekelvins(m): 4:25pm On Dec 04, 2016
Lleigh:

Thanks for stopping by iykekelvins. ....

Where is the Christmas spirit
I have got it bae wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by SPDAZZY(f): 4:32pm On Dec 04, 2016
All is well, as long as there is life, there is hope!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
Creeza:
My eyes are vigilant.

They are and you see all things grin
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 4:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
SPDAZZY:
All is well, as long as there is life, there is hope!

Exactly.....spdazzy
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
iykekelvins:
Lmao! Evil someborry grin
What's my offence, wanting justice?

You enjoyed your Sunday, I hope. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 04, 2016
Happy Sunday Lleigh...

I think that Sam not being able to give birth was just a misdiagnosis on the part of the doctor. And her amnesia makes her think she's married to Remi with a child(Something that may or may not happen in real life) *sighs*.... God help sam...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 5:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
swann:
Happy Sunday Lleigh...

I think that Sam not being able to give birth was just a misdiagnosis on the part of the doctor. And her amnesia makes her think she's married to Remi with a child(Something that may or may not happen in real life) *sighs*.... God help sam...

Same to you swann. Hope you had a good one.

Yes Sam needs help sad

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by iykekelvins(m): 6:06pm On Dec 04, 2016
jagugu88li:
What's my offence, wanting justice?

You enjoyed your Sunday, I hope. smiley
Yeah, I did..

Did u?

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Missmossy(f): 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
This is breathtaking cheesy more wisdom and inspiration to you Lleigh, Sam is a survivor come what may. @Remi oko iyawo he should just calm down. Get well soon to Bayo.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 6:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
Missmossy:
This is breathtaking cheesy more wisdom and inspiration to you Lleigh, Sam is a survivor come what may. @Remi oko iyawo he should just calm down. Get well soon to Bayo.

Missmossy thank you for reading and commenting.
I will pass the message on to Bayo smiley
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Perfectionist11: 8:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
Signora Lleigh..this is sensational..keep it up...& feed us more.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (30) (Reply)

Love Really Is Strange / The Village Girl / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.