Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

The Club a story - #nlwriters - Literature (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Club a story - #nlwriters (108963 Views)

The Dog Attendant (T. D. A) [COUNTLESS Part 2]. A story By Darousmart Emmanuel. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. / CHOICES AND Chances(a Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by lancxyy: 11:49am On Dec 09, 2016
The result of watching a lot of devious maid
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 12:16pm On Dec 09, 2016
SPDAZZY:
Fp things. Oya O Sam's flight should land already.

Hi spdazzy. ...thanks for stopping by. Her plane will land soon
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 12:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
Nikkybrainz:
Your story is utterly delicious! I read it from the begin without even a pause or to check my whatsapp and trust me, that I'd RARE. AMAnd for a Nigerian, it's fresh, sleek and engaging. Trust me, you are going places. You have a loyal fan

Hi nickybrainz
Thanks for stopping by and reading. ..hope you enjoy the club grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2016
mhiz:
Congratulations ms. Lleigh, we made front page.

Jagugu88li one bottle of chilled chardonnay you cool

Thank you mhiz....the club is going to be packed
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 12:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
girlhaley:
Congratulation ooooo

Front page things

Waiter!!! i need cold Dark Sailor

Waiting for an update

Girlhaley how are you. ...drinks coming over. Update come soon
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 12:22pm On Dec 09, 2016
Precial419:
I have being this work for a longtime like a month, d title did not strike me as interesting nd i decided to read wen all oda titles sounded less and it was off the hook. its a bomb+blast . i luv it kip up d gud work

Precial419

Thank you for stopping by and reading
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Adesina12: 1:09pm On Dec 09, 2016
FP thing!!!
What a good news!!!
Plenty cold drinks at the club with enof popcorn
#teamMercy# all the way

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2016
Adesina12:
FP thing!!!
What a good news!!!
Plenty cold drinks at the club with enof popcorn
#teamMercy# all the way

Adesina12 how are you?

That popcorn never finish...

Mercy coming up soon

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Adesina12: 3:08pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lleigh:

Adesina12 how are you?

Mercy coming up soon

Thanks I am fine and back in Lag
I trust you will be in the club by 2mao
The popcorn can't be finished, still have plenty of it in the bag
Please direct the waiter to our table to serve us cold drinks grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by koolapo(m): 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2016
Great piece.... Secretly following. Well done!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by BiafranBushBoy: 5:14pm On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=Lleigh post=51772740]

Adesina12 how are you?

Mercy coming up soon [/quote

Hello Sis... can I send you a Pm?

Wana discuss with you!!
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Jman3(m): 5:50pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lleigh.....thumbs up. grin
*sits down on tin tomato* waiting for the next update like kilode!
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by girlhaley(f): 6:17pm On Dec 09, 2016
Lleigh:

Girlhaley how are you. ...drinks coming over. Update come soon

Ayam fine maami......Nothing do you

Twale
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 7:43pm On Dec 09, 2016
koolapo:
Great piece.... Secretly following. Well done!

Koolapo thanks for reading and commenting

1 Like

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 7:44pm On Dec 09, 2016
[quote author=BiafranBushBoy post=51778544][/quote

Hi biafranbushboy thanks for stopping by and commenting
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 7:45pm On Dec 09, 2016
Jman3:
Lleigh.....thumbs up. grin
*sits down on tin tomato* waiting for the next update like kilode!

Jman3 thank you.

Hope you stay with the club till the end
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 09, 2016
omg shocked FP and i wasn't here to congratulate you. Well, better late than never... Congrats Lleigh kiss

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Niwdog(m): 8:03pm On Dec 09, 2016
Great story. Op pls try and update oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Hikmaking(f): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2016
Anti Lleigh...today is "Friyay"ooo...clubthinz grin grin grin oya me iyam already waiting at the airport o,make the plane land
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Creeza(m): 10:10pm On Dec 09, 2016
.FP.... Is sweet o! Chai!!

I JUST position here and be watching cox the club bouncers didnt permit me entrance... Even with my Vip card.. They have shayo 'white London' (Benin *alias* for Marijuana) cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
Chapter 30

cc tuhndhay, aitee1, Adesina12, swann, jagugu88l1, lawlahdey, sexybbstar, moxb, nikkybrainz, girlhaley, koolapo, biafranBushBoy, Jman3, Niwdog, Hikmaking, creeza, seun, bibijay123

Dedicated to ALL readers of the club

Three months later.

Remi looked at the clock on the wall opposite his desk, it was already 7pm. Where had the day gone, he thought as he ran his hands through his hair, he was tired and exhausted. Unfortunately all the issues that had arisen while he was away had not been resolved or acted upon in his absence. No one wanted to risk making the wrong decision so everything had been left for him to deal with upon his return.
There was a hell of a lot to do and finish, he thought to himself.

In a way he had been grateful for the full on work, as it had helped keep his mind away from the mess he was currently in.

He needed to catchup on all his paperwork and emails before he went away again for the weekend in New York.

The last time he had been there, Sam had been very groggy she had been coming in and out of consciousness, unaware of her surroundings. According to Yomi's Mum she was now making progress. She had started eating properly and had been asking if there was a gym in the hospital, that definitely was a sign that she was getting better. He had been warned that her memory hadn't fully recovered, there were still some things she could not remember.

He raked his hands through his hair as his eyes dropped to the brown envelope lying on his desk. it contained the results of the prenatal paternity test he had requested from Mercy.

He had finally gone to see her two days after he and Bayo arrived back in Nigeria.
Bayo had recovered from his fall with no visible complications, apart from the scar on his face which had suddenly turned him into a babe magnet. The air hostesses had fawned all over him on the way back home, so much so, that they had upgraded the two of them. It was a shame that such a gesture was wasted on Bayo, he had accepted the phone number the lady had slipped into his hand with suaveness and aplomb of a seasoned playboy.

He had hesitated at her gate wondering how he was going to handle the situation he currently found himself in. The baby might not be his he thought, they were meant to be friends with benefits. However, the last couple of times they had been together, there had been a few mishaps that he himself was ready to attest to.

However, the fact that she had started going all clingy on him, even before the scare, had made him contemplate on whether he should continue to see her again. Life was definitely full of complications, he thought to himself as he drove into her compound.

He got out of his car, locked it and knocked on her door.

In another life, Mercy ticked all the boxes of what he had thought he wanted in a woman.

Mercy was very pretty, he could not take that away from her, she was roughly 5'9, very light skinned, with 36 D bosoms that just made you stare at them instead of anywhere else. She wasn't thin, but she was what he would describe as voluptuous, she had a reasonably small waist, wide hips and a nice bum.
She was very attractive, but for some reason at this current moment in time, it did nothing for him.

He heard the keys turning in the door and the door opened.

She stood there looking a bit pale and tired, which had nothing to do with the fact that she wasn't wearing make up.

'Hi Remi, please come in' she said, as she opened the door wider for him to step in.

He walked into her living room and sat down, sprawling on the chair with his hands on his head as he watched her.

'Can I get you anything to drink Remi?' she asked him, as she hovered around his chair.

'I will have some water, thanks' he replied.

He watched as she walked into her kitchen, sh!t he thought to himself.

She came back into the living room and placed the glass of water on a stool. He watched her, as she took a seat opposite him in her living room.

'Mercy are you ok?'
'Are you sure you are pregnant?' he asked her.

'Remi I have done the test three times. You do remember the last couple of times we were together we had a few mishaps' she said, as she played with the hem of her dress.

'I want to have an abortion, actually I am going to have one.'
'I was in a state of shock and panic when I sent you that message, don't worry. I will not be saddling you with a child' she said, looking down at her dress.

Remi hesitated, he was being given a get out of jail card here. Relief washed over him as he heard those words from Mercy about the abortion. He had initially thought she wanted to use the pregnancy as a ruse for emotional blackmail, but it seemed she wasn't willing to keep the baby anyway.

Suddenly out of nowhere, he heard a voice in his head say 'Nothing is coincidence, embrace the lessons' while he was staring at Mercy.

'Mercy that's our baby you're talking about, it would be a bit hasty for you to make such a unilateral decision.' he said, looking at her in the face and holding her gaze.

He had blurted that out on impulse, it wasn't what he had planned on saying to her.
He hoped that the softly, softly, approach would help diffuse the tense situation they were currently in.

He didn't want her to do anything rash.

'Remi I don't want a baby right now and it doesn't fit in with my plans or schedule' she said, as she played with her hair.

'Plus I don’t want the stigma of being a baby mother.'
'Not that it matters these days, but it matters to me' she said, staring at him defiantly.

Remi took in her words, there was no way he would marry Mercy even if the baby turned out to be his. Maybe, before the events of the the last few weeks he might have considered it but now, it was totally out of the picture.

Mercy was a party girl and had never worked a day in her life, as far as he could tell. How she managed to keep herself in such a place was anyone's guess.

They had met and became friends through a mutual acquaintance at a party. Her physical attributes had initially blinded him to the fact that, intelligent discourse wasn't her forte.

'Do you want to get married then? Remi asked, staring at her.

TBC

11 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2016
Creeza:
.FP.... Is sweet o! Chai!!

I JUST position here and be watching cox the club bouncers didnt permit me entrance... Even with my Vip card.. They have shayo 'white London' (Benin *alias* for Marijuana) cheesy

creeza for you the club is always open, I will go and sort out the bouncers grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 11:37pm On Dec 09, 2016
swann:
omg shocked FP and i wasn't here to congratulate you. Well, better late than never... Congrats Lleigh kiss

thank you swann.

moving over to 365
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 10, 2016
lleigh nice update, remi don fall hand,mercy say yes lets end this sh!t.
elskillful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Adesina12: 7:44am On Dec 10, 2016
No no no I don't blf Mercy actually and willingly taken this decision
This is totally rash and risky ...humm may be she want to get at Remi
It might just be a trick to know what position Remi stands in her life..yes I blf it is a trick
But if not, then Remi bounds to regret this in future
Lleigh! I am not telling you what to write here, I blf you already have your scripts

Still have a bag full of popcorn with cold drinks...my slogan

Let's see what happen in auction and rivers...cheers!!! cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 8:25am On Dec 10, 2016
skillful01:
lleigh nice update,
remi don fall hand,mercy say yes lets end this sh!t.

elskillful

Skillful01. ...thank you for the comments.
cheesy
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Lleigh(f): 8:28am On Dec 10, 2016
Adesina12:
No no no I don't blf Mercy actually and willingly taken this decision
This is totally rash and risky ...humm may be she want to get at Remi
It might just be a trick to know what position Remi stands in her life..yes I blf it is a trick
But if not, then Remi bounds to regret this in future
Lleigh! I am not telling you what to write here, I blf you already have your scripts

Still have a bag full of popcorn with cold drinks...my slogan

Let's see what happen in auction and rivers...cheers!!! cool

Adesina12 hope your journey was ok?

Thanks for stopping by as always....you will need the popcorn.

Auction should drop this weekend, just putting in the finishing touches.

I thought you were teammercy grin
Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 10, 2016
Lleigh, is there any way i can meet Remi and give him a hotslap that'll rewire his brain. Which one is marry again kwa? undecided What then happens to Sam?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 11:37am On Dec 10, 2016
swann:
Lleigh, is there any way i can meet Remi and give him a hotslap that'll rewire his brain. Which one is marry again kwa? undecided What then happens to Sam?
jesus...... Jesus!.......JESUS.

English is my third language so, bear with me. Can you rephrase this your question, what do you mean which one is marry?

Chai! To think you know people and then one day........#claps once#

Modified

So one can't write Jesus with a small letter J or the word in block letters, NL issorite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Adesina12: 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
swann:

Funny funny n funny u.
Can't stop lafing....hummm
Trust you enjoying the twist in this story like jagugu88li does..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by yorhmienerd(m): 4:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
Huh! Another twist again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Club a story - #nlwriters by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 10, 2016
Adesina12:

Funny funny n funny u. Can't stop lafing....hummm Trust you enjoying the twist in this story like jagugu.88li does..
I would say that it's made me even more intrested in the story smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (30) (Reply)

Love Really Is Strange / The Village Girl / Memorable Stories From Your English Primary Books!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.