Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:12 PM

MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian (82510 Views)

Mmm Nigeria Reduces Poverty By 20%(bbc News) Pic / We Are Investigating MMM Ponzi Scheme — EFCC / MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? (MUST READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by saudyarmani(m): 1:51pm On Oct 24, 2016
Falacy....long live MMM,the biggest risk in life is not taking a risk at all....taking the risk and still smiling....cos life it's self is a risk.....well if u dnt believe..then tell me what will hapen to you tomorrow?? If e no be MMM e no fit be like MMM

8 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 24, 2016
uzolexis:

@ the bolded, let's have this conversation 6 months from now when MMM would have crashed. A ponzi scheme is a ponzi scheme, there is nothing like a ponzi scheme with a difference and Ponzi schemes are not sustainable.

Big Sis, u be prophet of doom?
U sure say no be from MMM money, dem go use pay ur bride price

5 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by trueking: 1:54pm On Oct 24, 2016
The scheme is targeted at poor people with no reasonable source of income.

2 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by uzolexis(f): 1:55pm On Oct 24, 2016
Benstino:

Big Sis, u be prophet of doom?
U sure say no be from MMM money, dem go use pay ur bride price

I'm not a Prophet of doom and my fiancee knows better than to invest in a fraudulent scheme and like all other fraudulent schemes, MMM will crash, that's just a fact.

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Max24: 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
knostbrown01:
its a scam, I get paid.
its too good to be true, I get paid
IF you join me, we BOTH get paid
you DON'T join me, I STILL GET PAID
Na lie u lie. If nobody join u you no go get kobo. That's how it works. So SEC is right.
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by fairplay90(m): 1:56pm On Oct 24, 2016
bennieman:
One thing I have been pondering on is what the promoters stand to gain. They can't just be linking people to make donations to each other out of altruism. I really suspect some foul play.

One sure thing is that they will pay in order to attract new investors and also retain the ones that they already have. Another sure thing is that it will crash, either soon or in the near future.

I suspect that they may have their croonies to whom they can allocate huge percentages of the 'help' you are advised to distribute as a way of getting cash out of the system since people are not asked to pay into MMM account but other individual's account.

Some people say MMM generates money based on people's visits and 'clicks' on their site, which Google supposedly pays. Correct me if I am wrong, Google pays for the clicks on adverts which they display on your platform and I haven't seen a single advert by google on MMM site.

Some people may try to play smart and cash out as soon as possible but you can never be sure of how soon is soon enough.

Tell them my Bro &
God Bless You
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by deavicky(m): 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2016
Okundaye4:
Alryt, Noted. But that doesn't stop me from making my money
brooo don't mind those men. i just pay my own this morning. no body can fall this our business for us
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Felikjizzy: 1:59pm On Oct 24, 2016
Forget this people and their bad mouth..... still getting paid. Anyone interested and doesn't know how to go about should just watsapp me on 08088880108
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by deavicky(m): 2:01pm On Oct 24, 2016
Max24:

Na lie u lie. If nobody join u you no go get kobo. That's how it works. So SEC is right.
na u lie.
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by rman: 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
adconline:

This is a Ponzi scheme! This is a scam. It's going to run out of money when no new members are recruited. Let's have this discussion in 6-12months from now?

Simple as ABC.

It is the new memebers funds that is paid out as profits. Immdeiately it gets saturated and new members become difficult to add it will crash. It will not even take up to 12 months to get to the saturation level at rate I am seeing comments from nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Zedoo(m): 2:03pm On Oct 24, 2016
cindyrocks:
Even the CBN Governor is secretly MMMing.

MMM does not rob anybody.

Micro finance Banks are so jealous of MMM.

Stop spreading lies.

Its not an argument thing...
A ponzi scheme is a ponzi scheme and the early pays are good...people who WILL lose are the last signees before it crashes.... Ponzi schemes dont last....
I don't know why Nigerians feel their country is "unique", despite having one of the lowest industrial outputs per capita in the world....
Places with more populace, better economy like china couldn't carry Mmm, it crashed and they quickly sprouted it in Africa, the home of hook line and sinker swallowers....
mMM sure as heaven pays out WELL....
The reality you should ask yourself is,

So somebody will just come, with the "socio-philantropist" mind to "free" you from ALL your financial stress and award you a 30% gain on any amount you put in.... GOOD,
But there WILL always be a long run catch....

The idea is...it works long enough that people trust it with all their hearts,
And when its close to the pack up day, most of the accounts they will "assign" you to pay money into will be the accounts of the "first" people whose GH must have clocked some serious amount of money....and despite all.they make you believe that nobody can withdraw more than 2.5milion at a go, dont be deceived, the people who "set" it, set it for every other participant BUT themselves....and they are faceless.....

Then get paid all the money and if those below them are lucky enough, they get paid a bit too and the rest will just keep complaining they have no seen alert.....

1 day will pass....
2 days....
3rd day the site closes....

You will of course argue as much as you want....if mavrodi cared about you, he will not have stolen previous participant's money without refund....

As much as the scheme is working right now...enjoy it and be wise....i am enjoying it too....but I'm being wise....very wise... NOTHING GOES FOR NOTHING.....who ever the Nigerian cronies of Mmm are they have successfully used the idea of a "conspiracy" by govts of the world to keep people poor" to get to Africans...

The most important thing is wisdom....if one doesn't know how to manage money, when Mmm goes, the person will rotate back to square one....

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by deavicky(m): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2016
uzolexis:

I'm not a Prophet of doom and my fiancee knows better than to invest in a fraudulent scheme and like all other fraudulent schemes, MMM will crash, that's just a fact.
why are ppl so interested in crashing this our business. but sorry it is late now.

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by geniusng(m): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2016
I have been laughing all the way...

MMM is paying...I just got a member who joined under me with 1 million and I am getting 10% of that amount (100k)

Before I joined MMM i deposit N50, 000 on mutual fund and after 5 months I got N1,775 as interest. I withdraw that 50k and put it on MMM and after 30 days, I got N74, 000...so why will MMM not thrive. That is injustice in the highest order. If I go to bank to borrow 50k, do you think they will borrow to me?

MMM...together we are already changing the world.

3 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by kaywizee(m): 2:04pm On Oct 24, 2016
MMM Pays
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by knostbrown01(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
Max24:

You and SEC are wrong..... I deal with MMM international with republic of bitcoin.... you and SEC may not join me.... The stones will rise and join according to bible tongue
Max24:

You and SEC are wrong..... I deal with MMM international with republic of bitcoin.... you and SEC may not join me.... The stones will rise and join according to bible
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by SUCCESSCHINEX(m): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
Keep doubting while your mates are making close to millions every month.
I'm making 240000 monthly from mmm

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by uzolexis(f): 2:06pm On Oct 24, 2016
deavicky:
why are ppl so interested in crashing this our business. but sorry it is late now.

I have no power to crash it dear, just be careful, don't say you were not warned.

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by vanvick247(m): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Why una come dey take panadol for headache wen no concern unaaaaaa?? Life itsef na risk, if MMM wan crash make e crash unto my head. MMM for life

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Zedoo(m): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
saudyarmani:
Falacy....long live MMM,the biggest risk in life is not taking a risk at all....taking the risk and still smiling....cos life it's self is a risk.....well if u dnt believe..then tell me what will hapen to you tomorrow?? If e no be MMM e no fit be like MMM

I hope you have an "actual" business doing asides Mmm

There is a difference between a risk and a gamble....

Mmm is a gamble, It can close anytime....

Setting up a business is a risk, everything lies in your decisions and market situations...

Only a poor person will JUMP with everything he has into a scheme that pays without "stress", even yahoo boys dey sweat.... There is a "catch" to Mmm....and its good its paying right now....just stay safe and get downlines....stack Dem up and reduce your own input....dont be greedy...

1 Like

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Oleumayhur(m): 2:11pm On Oct 24, 2016
Olofintoto:
who cares?
MMM pays the bill...
. Kudos bro
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by cindyrocks(f): 2:12pm On Oct 24, 2016
Keep talking to the hand. Bye.
Zedoo:

Its not an argument thing...
A ponzi scheme is a ponzi scheme and the early pays are good...people who WILL lose are the last signees before it crashes.... Ponzi schemes dont last....
I don't know why Nigerians feel their country is "unique", despite having one of the lowest industrial outputs per capita in the world....
Places with more populace, better economy like china couldn't carry Mmm, it crashed and they quickly sprouted it in Africa, the home of hook line and sinker swallowers....
mMM sure as heaven pays out WELL....
The reality you should ask yourself is,

So somebody will just come, with the "socio-philantropist" mind to "free" you from ALL your financial stress and award you a 30% gain on any amount you put in.... GOOD,
But there WILL always be a long run catch....

The idea is...it works long enough that people trust it with all their hearts,
And when its close to the pack up day, most of the accounts they will "assign" you to pay money into will be the accounts of the "first" people whose GH must have clocked some serious amount of money....and despite all.they make you believe that nobody can withdraw more than 2.5milion at a go, dont be deceived, the people who "set" it, set it for every other participant BUT themselves....and they are faceless.....

Then get paid all the money and if those below them are lucky enough, they get paid a bit too and the rest will just keep complaining they have no seen alert.....

1 day will pass....
2 days....
3rd day the site closes....

You will of course argue as much as you want....if mavrodi cared about you, he will not have stolen previous participant's money without refund....

As much as the scheme is working right now...enjoy it and be wise....i am enjoying it too....but I'm being wise....very wise... NOTHING GOES FOR NOTHING.....who ever the Nigerian cronies of Mmm are they have successfully used the idea of a "conspiracy" by govts of the world to keep people poor" to get to Africans...

The most important thing is wisdom....if one doesn't know how to manage money, when Mmm goes, the person will rotate back to square one....

2 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Bolaadu(m): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
virginboy1:
hmmmm

I prefer to use my money do sport bet, than this MMM thingy.

Because if my money hang for Sport bet I know who to hold but if e hang for MMM. hnnnmmm.

"Na die be that ooo"
guy u are not a gambler. MMM is also a bet have save more than a million in MMM, sportbet don chop me die life is all about risk.
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Oleumayhur(m): 2:14pm On Oct 24, 2016
SUCCESSCHINEX:
Keep doubting while your mates are making close to millions every month.
I'm making 240000 monthly from mmm
bros abeg me i don dey the lane for almost 3 weeks now i wan start with 20k dem neva get back to me
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Kessyy2k4(m): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
Kangol99:

Source:http://m.guardian.ng/business-services/mmm-nigeria-ponzi-scheme-robbing-peter-to-pay-paul/
Mod take note ; violation of Rule 16 promoting ponzi scheme fraud/scam investment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Moganajoe: 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
Kangol99:

Source:http://m.guardian.ng/business-services/mmm-nigeria-ponzi-scheme-robbing-peter-to-pay-paul/

We are aware of the risk associated with it which the founders states; allow us to shoulder the joy & the pains that may arise in the future......Lets the govt.focus on building infrastructures & fighting curruption. Again, no investment that do not have risk.
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Eberex(m): 2:15pm On Oct 24, 2016
YOU CANNOT MAKE MONEY WITHOUT SPENDING MONEY.

I JOINED JUST TWO MONTHS AGO AND I HAVE RECEIVED TWO PAYMENTS.

NO STORIES, NO HICCUP , NOTHING.

YOU DEAL WITH FELLOW NIGERIANS LIKE YOURSELF.

I KNOW WHEN TO QUIT, BUT FOR NOW I AM MAKING MONEY ON MMM.

2 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by Originalsly: 2:19pm On Oct 24, 2016
toneawe:

Do u ask questions before u open your mouth to talk? Wat do u know about Mmm? Ask any participant of he or she has ever paid moni outside Nigeria. Pls research before u talk. Mavrodi has more than ur govt can have. He doesn't need ur Naira.
Never said participants pay money outside Nigeria. Read and understand before replying.
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by manikspears: 2:20pm On Oct 24, 2016
I'm not a fan of mmm myself but i am a realist,with the way people are loosing their jobs on daily basis without pay and the price of food stuff on the rise,how do you expect people to survive? not all of us can carry gun,dupe or do yahoo plus.please professor tell me how you want people to survive.you are there thinking deep on how to discourage what some people refer to has livelihood will you feed us or give us money to start business?every business has its own risk if mmm crashes today you loose your money but what if it does not?people have made millions off this scheme,i know someone who processed his canadian visa with the money he got from mmm and he left the country 2weeks ago.Government wont get a kobo from mmm if that is there goal,pls concentrate on how to get people back there livelihood and they will leave mmm if not....? go and suck co*k.Nigeria is a lawless country,no employer is allowed to sack it's staff(who has done nothing wrong) without payment,but do they give a fu*k.

6 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by May19th: 2:21pm On Oct 24, 2016
As a blogger i spent most of last month dishing out unfounded story about MMM, but after a closer look i see that MMM is a lesser threat compared to Nigerian banks, NSE, and our entire capital market. As a result i decided to only report facts and not just any falsehood in the name of traffic. I've got conscience, and i got to follow it. MMM is a risk just like like any other venture in life. Fellow bloggers think twice before hitting the publish button with anti-MMM publications.

5 Likes

Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by don4real18(m): 2:22pm On Oct 24, 2016
Thermodynamics:

Him fada job de for nigerian? Make them band am so dat suffer for naija go continue see him mouth because he get money na make am de talk rubbish.
leave em... just because guys are not coming to invest in their GNLD anymore
Re: MMM Nigeria: Ponzi Scheme, Robbing Peter To Pay Paul? TheGuardian by faith551(m): 2:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
Bollinger:

I don't think you understand the article. Just because no one forced you into it does not mean fraud should be allowed to perpetuate. You do realize that MMM does not make any sense. It is obvious to the less hungry that it will eventually fail. Don't let your stomach do your thinking for you.

Imagine??. Bro's I no come argue with you, but MMM's future sure pass Nigeria's economic future, atleast the naira is still falling.
Dangote sacked some of his worker's, state governments are owing worker's upto 6mnths in some states, price of goods are going up everyday, Inspite of all this I've hardly heard of anyone say his/her salary was reviewed upwards. I f the cost of living is getting higher and there are no jobs with the few around paying below average what the you expect the citizens do? (A question you've still not answered)

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Affordable Clothes & Accessories In Dubai? / Help!!! Someone Keeps Sending Money To My Account / See What BVN Will Cause All Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.